Great thread, very useful and to be honest deserves a sticky or atleast to be linked in a sticky of other such useful threads!

Hoping people will find it useful. I'm slowly updating the first post with some tips and suggestions. If someone throws out a good idea or tip, I'll include there (and try to give credit).

The SWF thread had some good discussion going on about certain workers (Remo, Brandon James, and Steve Frehley) that really shows the great ideas some people have about these fictional workers.

So a creative question that I'd like to throw out... I often stay away from the whole idea of an authority figure in TCW. In previous versions, Nemesis was usually by go-to when I wanted someone for that role. He's no longer available. Eric Tyler is probably the next person to jump out at me. Short of following PhantomStranger's lead of importing someone from the '97 data, who are some other workers that people have used in that kind of role?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a tool with this game's TCW is to have Cornell stay out of the spotlight for a while so you can get others incredibly popular by defeating him.

Cornell on the mic is gold every time and usually will boost his pop a few points. He can usually get to 90+ overness within a month so having someone beat him on PPV would be a big boost for them and he can get back to his same level within a month.

It works more than it would in 2010 because now Wolf has the skills to carry a PPV while he isn't Cornell good, he is still really good. So matching Wolf with guys like Vessey, RDJ, Minnesota, etc on PPV should get you passable main event grades while you use Cornell to help other upper card workers bring their popularity up for a few months.

When is this thread going to become a huge argument about whether to keep Golden a main eventer?

Given that he's no longer champ, I doubt it generates much debate. He's also more useful this year, with B- Psychology. Selling still stinks but that can't be dealt with. Jobbing him down the card might not be as easy as it looks, though - with A* Star Quality, he might maintain a fairly high floor of overness.

There's nothing wrong with Golden anyway, you just have to keep him away from the other Rocky Goldens on the roster (Rocky Golden vs. Troy Tornado! MOTY!). :p

Golden vs. any of the 'big boys' still does pretty well for me. I've put him in a team with Koshiro Ino so at least one half of the match doesn't suck most of the time. ¬_¬

I've embarked on a conspiracy to destroy SWF forever (insert evil laugh here).

I formed an alliance with NOTBPW and USPW. First use of alliance benefits? I'm sending Troy Tornado and Eddie Peak up north for 5 dates, in return for 5 dates with Sean McFly.

Sadly, I've already booked 3 weeks on the demo, and upgrading to the registered version is not in the budget for a while. Maybe next month....

Anyone have any suggestions about booking angles in the new TCW? I've been struggling a bit over the course of my first few shows. My angles generally seem to be coming in around 10 to 15 points lower than the skills on which they're being rated (although I haven't done any sort of in depth study and I'm sure other factors like momentum play an important role). For example, a 6-minute overness-rated brawl between two guys with 80 popularities scores around a 66 or a 6 minute entertainment-rated angle with Tommy and Wolf, who together I'd consider to have an average of around a low B+ in entertainment skills, consistently comes in around a 72--although I've managed to pull a 78 in this sort of angle if I can hit the right combination of scripted and unscripted workers. (I've lowered angle ratio to 80% and dropped realism down to give myself a performance = popularity product.)

I'm sure these grades can be improved substantially over the course of a longer-term game, but I'm curious to know how others are doing right off the bat with angles in TCW. Anyone having success with any particular types of angles, workers, card-placement, etc.?

Anyone have any suggestions about booking angles in the new TCW? I've been struggling a bit over the course of my first few shows. My angles generally seem to be coming in around 10 to 15 points lower than the skills on which they're being rated (although I haven't done any sort of in depth study and I'm sure other factors like momentum play an important role). For example, a 6-minute overness-rated brawl between two guys with 80 popularities scores around a 66 or a 6 minute entertainment-rated angle with Tommy and Wolf, who together I'd consider to have an average of around a low B+ in entertainment skills, consistently comes in around a 72--although I've managed to pull a 78 in this sort of angle if I can hit the right combination of scripted and unscripted workers. (I've lowered angle ratio to 80% and dropped realism down to give myself a performance = popularity product.)

I'm sure these grades can be improved substantially over the course of a longer-term game, but I'm curious to know how others are doing right off the bat with angles in TCW. Anyone having success with any particular types of angles, workers, card-placement, etc.?

I was in a very similar situation, I also lowered angle ration to 80% and dropped realism too. I've gone through the first month a couple of times now and the main thing I've learned is how important it is to very quickly sort the backstage situation, they will most likely be other factors as I'm still not getting many A angles unlike on 2010 but I went from getting B-/C+ to getting B+ and the odd A just by sorting the backstage, odd gimmick and only using people will high momentum.

Also, I may be wrong about this, and I don't have the game up at the moment, but I think their main event starts with a bit less popularity than in 2010.

So, what's the consensus on lowering realism right out of the gate? Worth it?

I personally don't like doing it until you can get the popularity of your workers up because guys like Joey Minnesota and Bryan Vessey only start with B- pop so emphasizing that a bit more over their ring skills when they really don't have a great amount of popularity isn't that great of a move initially.

I think in 2-3 months it would probably be more beneficial.

Its a bit of a mixed bag, in my opinion. Making the adjustment helps a few workers who don't really truly have the in-ring skills to headline for TCW (Rocky Golden, Rick Law, even Ricky Dale Johnson) buts hurts a few who do (Joey Freakin Minnesota, Bryan Vessey). So you can really go either way...

Decided to use Jaded's backstage influence thread to try to address the backstage problem. I went with the default user talents except for one extra point in Leadership. The backstage started around 52% and I had two minor incidents on the first show. I signed a big number of workers, intending to stock up a developmental territory. I targeted only workers who were no worse than neutral backstage influences and specifically went after a few positive ones who I might have otherwise not looked at. I also specifically went after a few positive relationships (such as Tracy Brendon for Joshua Taylor, George Wolffe for Ed Monton, etc). The end result was that my backstage went up to 82%. Haven't changed the backstage rules yet, which would help a bit further. The rating will drop when I am able to start dropping some of those new signees down into develoment. But its an issue that can be addressed if you target it.

Decided to use Jaded's backstage influence thread to try to address the backstage problem. I went with the default user talents except for one extra point in Leadership. The backstage started around 52% and I had two minor incidents on the first show. I signed a big number of workers, intending to stock up a developmental territory. I targeted only workers who were no worse than neutral backstage influences and specifically went after a few positive ones who I might have otherwise not looked at. I also specifically went after a few positive relationships (such as Tracy Brendon for Joshua Taylor, George Wolffe for Ed Monton, etc). The end result was that my backstage went up to 82%. Haven't changed the backstage rules yet, which would help a bit further. The rating will drop when I am able to start dropping some of those new signees down into develoment. But its an issue that can be addressed if you target it.

Glad the thread's of use! Just about to update it with some Aussie unemployed guys as well. :)

I'm interested to see what happens with TCW. In the trial game I was playing, I think the best card I had was a B, with cards being either B- or in the C's. Needless to say TCW lost the war to SWF and the company fell to Cult. In a game I'm playing where I'm running CZCW, the AI has booked TCW two B- cards. Given that the company's overness in America is B it would stand that TCW is losing overness with AI booked cards, as it was when I was playing my other game with TCW.

He hates Sammy Bach who is a better worker and more popular than him, so in this toxic locker room, signing him would be crazy.

Even were that not the case, Powell really doesn't have the requisite stats to main event for a promotion like TCW. He's not a bad worker at all, but his entertainment is only middling, he's 33 years old and his style doesn't suit TCW's product (cruiserweights get underpushed for TCW).

So... my answer is that you would be ABLE, potentially, to turn Teddy into a main eventer but it would be extremely difficult to do so and would run the risk of hurting your promotion in the process of trying to push him. - Far be it from me to say it's not possible though I once made it my mission to turn Matty Faith into a serviceable wrestler.

Judging by the roster, you're probably right. The only "lightweights" are non wrestlers.

With the exception of Darryl Devine, who doesn't seem to be able to advance beyond the midcard despite being one of the better workers on the roster.

I never get why TCW doesn't seem to like cruisers. Sammy Bach is a phenomenal worker (mediocre psych aside) and Edd Stone isn't bad either. In the last game you could bring in Acid and Champagne Lover and have the makings of a great stable of high-flyers.

I cant keep TCW national. I beat USPW for 2 months and they become cult and then the next month BOOM im at cult status too. I keep getting penalties for not having enough interesting storylines...what does this mean? i have three going.. argh frustration

Archived