<p>Has anyone else noticed that Joshua Taylor and Koshiro Ino have the same hair? I just threw them together for a tag match and went, "Whoa!"</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jjohnson105" data-cite="jjohnson105" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34911" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've started a women's division on TCW and I thought a tournament would be great to sort of crop the minor league starts to the big league stars of the women's division. I'm pretty new to the game so is there an option to create a tournament that I could go to, to create this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nope, just basically plan out how you're going to do the tournament, then put those matches in the show in the proper order.</p>

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>I started a TCW save but I can't get into the 70's for ratings.</p><p> </p><p>

Got a low first show due to the backstage problems but after hiring a chunk of people, most of which having a good effect the backstage rating is now at 78. But the next 3 shows were just a couple points higher even with the good backstage.</p><p> </p><p>

Tried Rocky Golden winning a match against my user, low main event rating.</p><p>

Wolf Hawkins v my User, low main event rating (66 i think)</p><p> </p><p>

Wolf Hawkins v Ino (68).</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Whats the key to getting the rating they should be?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Winter8905" data-cite="Winter8905" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34911" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Whats the key to getting the rating they should be?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm sure there's other ways to go, but for me the key is pretty easy to sum up: Tommy Cornell. He's better than everyone else and he starts out pretty over, so especially in the beginning, I don't know why you'd have a main event without him.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Winter8905" data-cite="Winter8905" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34911" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I started a TCW save but I can't get into the 70's for ratings.<p> </p><p> Got a low first show due to the backstage problems but after hiring a chunk of people, most of which having a good effect the backstage rating is now at 78. But the next 3 shows were just a couple points higher even with the good backstage.</p><p> </p><p> Tried Rocky Golden winning a match against my user, low main event rating.</p><p> Wolf Hawkins v my User, low main event rating (66 i think)</p><p> </p><p> Wolf Hawkins v Ino (68).</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Whats the key to getting the rating they should be?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You need to have only your most popular wrestlers in the main event or extremely talented midcarders. From the start buy all of the perks for the backstage to mitigate the effect of that.</p><p> </p><p> Cornell and Vessey are world class wrestlers both are top 20 in the world if I remember correctly about Vessey. They both start as heels too so in some fashion one of those two would ideally main event every card for the foreseeable future. Your best babyfaces in terms of talent are Joey Minnesota and the talent level drops considerably after him but Ino is still really good but after them it's pretty empty in terms of potential match carrying talent (RDJ, Golden,Taylor on the peak).</p><p> </p><p> The good thing is that Cornell, Vessey, and Hawkins can usually bring the best out of people and once your backstage problems begin to go away your match grades will increase.</p><p> </p><p> At first it is really hard to obtain a great match score with anybody who is not Cornell, Vessey, Minnesota, or Wolf but after you start building popularity, getting good gimmick ratings, etc things will be much better.</p>

<p>If i remember correctly I have Victor (whoever is in a feud mostly) </p><p>

Keep strong for the loser as I may need that person again, maybe even for a push so don't want there overness and momentum dropping too much</p><p> </p><p>

Slow build for the main event</p><p> </p><p>

usually interference if a feud is going on.</p><p> </p><p>

Tommy already starts with high momentum and and overness so assumed Wolf could use a slight boost in momentum so he gets to main event win on TV with Tommy as his back up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Winter8905" data-cite="Winter8905" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34911" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If i remember correctly I have Victor (whoever is in a feud mostly) <p> <strong>Keep strong</strong> for the loser as I may need that person again, maybe even for a push so don't want there overness and momentum dropping too much</p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is half your problem right there. Keep Strong will ding virtually every match that you use that in.</p>

Don't use keep strong. It may do less damage to momentum, but it hurts the matching rating, because the workers have to divert from the natural flow to accommodate. Assuming the match is otherwise good, you can usually get away with giving a guy a loss without hurting them. Try using just Victor and open match, and call in ring if they have good psychology. Basically, just put Tommy in the ring and let him take it from there.

If i remember correctly I have Victor (whoever is in a feud mostly)

Keep strong for the loser as I may need that person again, maybe even for a push so don't want there overness and momentum dropping too much

Slow build for the main event

usually interference if a feud is going on.

Tommy already starts with high momentum and and overness so assumed Wolf could use a slight boost in momentum so he gets to main event win on TV with Tommy as his back up.

As has already been said here, Keep Strong is a note you should use sparingly. Got a worker debuting and you want them to take the loss but look great? Use it.

Joey Minnesota being a tool and refusing to job? Consider it.

But I make a rule of never using it in a match that matters for my show's rating, as it'll ding it down a solid 2-5 points almost every time.

And a Main Event of Ino vs Wolf isn't good enough for your first show. That's a Semi-Main or an Opener. Your main is Tommy vs RDJ / Golden (i.e. your most over workers).

Always remember that time limit draws are your friend on TV. As TCW you do not have the luxury of picking from a wide group to main event your shows so you need to make sure that you aren't giving the fans clean victories that they should be paying for on PPV. But the fans HATE tainted or otherwise SE-style finishes. The solution is to have both guys go at it for the full time limit and then agree to settle it at the next PPV.

So on my latest adventure of TCW, I fell to Cult like my 1st adventure, not because of my show ratings, but the decline of wrestling in US knocked me down.

Oh well, good news is I'm almost done with the "cooling period" and I'll be pushed right back up to National (and close to International, Canada is almost there!). Plus, I haven't gotten lower than a 80 Card rating in a while.

The bad news? I'm about to lose my TV Show on GNN Total Sports cause I'm a Cult Company. Yeah...sucks, and no one will give me a TV Slot cause as a Cult Company I can't get a second show. So either I'll have to sneak a contract in before the end of the month with a little trickery, or TCW is going to go PPV Only for a few months!

My major storyline right now is Tommy Cornell getting kicked out of Syndicate by Wolf Hawkins (TCW World Champ) and turning face. The first PPV Match between them was insanely successful. To keep it fresh, Eddie Peak is going to be included to make a World Title Triple Threat at the next PPV (Peak at 85 Rating after topping RDJ in their rubber match).

And by the way? I figured out how to push Sammy Bach. I turned him heel and he took Cornell's place in the Syndicate. In 2 weeks, he went from a 66 to 77 Rating. I had to have him dropped the International Title to Joey Minnesota after he's now Main Event status.

Tag Team Division is solid with High Concept (Benson & Black) enjoying a long title reign.

Development is filled with the best young talent, and my Buddy Garner acquisition is working out really well. He's up to 66 already after 2 months. Was ecstatic about his last match getting a 85 with Rocky Golden. Totally unexpected for a TV Midcard Match.

TCW doesn't have the 'solid matches with clean finishes' note in the default product.

So tainted finishes are absolutely fine... just saying.

I'm almost certain I get dinged for having an interference finish with the 'booking decisions' dirt sheet note. In fairness that's not the same thing as a tainted finish, but I just kind of lumped all non-clean finishes together.

I'm almost certain I get dinged for having an interference finish with the 'booking decisions' dirt sheet note. In fairness that's not the same thing as a tainted finish, but I just kind of lumped all non-clean finishes together.

That doesn't mean the crowd won't accept it, you would get a note that tells you the finish didnt go over well with the crowd (like in most japanese feds)

You get the booking decision notes for using things that hurt match ratings like Keep strong, or limited involvement also.

A little over a year into the game, I've finally managed to get my backstage rating up into the high nineties (even reaching 100 at one point) in spite of Minnesota still being there, still being a main eventer and obviously still being a backstage cancer. So it can be done, but it took expensive contracts for Sean McFly (who would be worth it even without being a locker room leader, obviously) and Chris Caulfield (not so much worth it as a worker, but he's such a nice guy and I have a soft spot for him, anyway). I also canned Bryan Vessey after his sixth or seventh failed drug test, which helped, obviously.

Now if only SWF wouldn't constantly get A* Angry Gilmore matches, I might actually have a shot at closing the gap and becoming number one.

I think high diplomacy is the way to go when playing TCW, I was able to pretty much contain Jay Chord and Edd Stone in the locker room going with the iron fist approach. I only had one major problem so far and that is Vessey continuing to be a pain so I suspended him right in the midst of a 95 heat storyline between him and Joshua Taylor. He recently just came back and he will be spending the next 6 or so months jobbing to my up and coming babyfaces. I'm thinking Aaron Andrews will be the next one he loses to after his feud with Taylor ends.

I just got through the trial month of the game, and it definitely had its intended effect. I will be purchasing this game for sure - looking forward to running a long term game with TCW.

I just finished the January PPV Malice in Wonderland and pulled a high B (82), which I thought was pretty great considering some of the horror stories I've read/heard about the first couple of months with TCW.

I had 2 major undercard matches:

Sammy Bach (who I have always booked as a heel since I played TEW 2007) v. Danny Fonzerelli, which garnered a VERY unexpected B rating.

Jay Chord v. Benny Benson, which was a B-.

And then I had 3 matches that I would consider the "upper card":

Bryan Vessey v. Ricky Dale Johnson, which pulled a B.

Wolf Hawkins v. Rocky Golden, which pulled a C+

Tommy Cornell v. Eddie Peak, which pulled an A-

I really love the new feature of being able to give post-show speeches, as I was able to give Sammy the props he deserves for wrestling a MOTN candidate with Fonzie on the big stage, congratulate Jay Chord on having such a stellar much so early in his career, and inform Rocky Golden that he is awful.

I'm ready to delve into the game - I want to set up a B show to try and make sure guys' morale doesn't take a hit when they don't get used on Total Wrestling and expand my TV coverage overseas to take a stab at dethroning SWF. I also cannot wait to depush Rocky Golden - I have no idea what canon TCW sees in that guy. Joey Minnesota has been a GIANT nuisance for me, but he went away to film a movie. Jay Chord and Bryan Vessey weren't too much of an issue through my first month of gameplay, so hopefully that will continue to be the case because Vessey is one of my all time favorites in the C-Verse, and Jay Chord's clearly the future of the promotion.

Booking decisions to my recollection is stuff like using Keep Strong, Sports Entertainment Finish (which isn't the same thing as tainted win or interference), or possibly Flash Pinfall.

--

Also I deliberately dumped leadership (slightly) in my last TCW game. I might have mentioned the before, but I figured that if you're going to move the earth to boost backstage, why go out of your way to boost it with leadership?

Do owner's finance settings ever change in the game? The reason why I ask is because Cornell is a bit too cheap for my liking. I understand TCW doesn't have a lot of money but I'm having a hard time competing in bidding wars with SWF.

I don't think so

I rarely use the live editor on workers in game but it is almost always changing around owner/business skills. I tend to move Cornell to flashy or average and give Alicia Strong some business sense.

Extremely happy with my Wolf Hawkins/Tommy Cornell/Eddie Peak Triple Threat PPV Title Bout. It was a huge success. Hawkins gets the tainted win, pinning Peak, thus continuing his feud with Cornell.

Peak, meanwhile, has a date with Rocky Golden, who aims to get back in the title picture now that he has defeated Rick Law in back to back PPVs.

I have a little more time in "cooling down" period before going back to National. So, just for my own humor, I'm going to have a little fun with the next PPV and have the Main Event be a 4 vs 4 Cage Wars. The Mega Powers (Cornell & RDJ) & TCW Tag Champs High Concept (Benson & Black) take on The Syndicate (Hawkins, Bach, & The Machines). It's gonna be a WWWWWAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!

That is....if my PPV Carrier allows it, lol. They've blocked a few stipped matches in the past, so I'm doing a test run on the next card to see if they allow it. If they don't, 4 vs 4 Elimination Match it is!

Archived