SWF In 2013

Guest KingOfKings

I just try not to go International at the start...it's not THAT much of an improvement on National. Sure you miss out on guys like Swoop from out of the US...but you have to really suck to drop from National to Cult, which allows you to play the game without getting screwed by region effects. And in my SWF game all I need is the North and South West to shift up in importance for me to hit International...and they are fairly low at the moment. International is too hard to maintain...kind of sucks how close SWF start to that line...SWF start on the brink of International...and USPW start at the bottom of National, ready to drop to Cult...TCW is the comfort zone (and probably the easiest to improve with)...too bad I hate playing as TCW.

Hoopefully you are't affected too much by the shock period...it'd suck if you get like a 90+ rated show now :p

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem with SWF is you have to get a superb show grade just to improve your pop by 0.1. The GL, MA & SW regions are so close to the threshold of whether you're international or not, so if those regions lose importance by one point, you'll drop, no matter what your most recent show grades were.

If you have a backup from before the shift, you can try to get them to shift the other way, thus saving you from dropping down. Otherwise, it's probably not the end of the world.

I just try not to go International at the start...it's not THAT much of an improvement on National. Sure you miss out on guys like Swoop from out of the US...but you have to really suck to drop from National to Cult, which allows you to play the game without getting screwed by region effects. And in my SWF game all I need is the North and South West to shift up in importance for me to hit International...and they are fairly low at the moment. International is too hard to maintain...kind of sucks how close SWF start to that line...SWF start on the brink of International...and USPW start at the bottom of National, ready to drop to Cult...TCW is the comfort zone (and probably the easiest to improve with)...too bad I hate playing as TCW.

Hoopefully you are't affected too much by the shock period...it'd suck if you get like a 90+ rated show now :p

My luck is I WILL end up with my first ever 90+ show during this 'crisis period'. ha.
:D
That's just my luck though.

I guess I never realized how difficult it could be to keep the SWF at International. I thought I was well on my way toward Global and then... bam... I fall back down to National. Oh well, as you said gord, it's not the end of the world. I just need to make sure that I stay #1 in the world at the end of the 2 year time frame (Owner Expectation).

Either way, TCW is second to me and they're no where NEAR where I am with the SWF. While a 'B' in the US, the next highest popularity level out of the states is a D+ in Canada. In my case, I have both a B in Canada and a B- in Mexico (plus a B+ in the US). I'm still sitting pretty.
:D

The most important thing to get from International, especially now, is increasing your TV time to 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Oh god, I can't even imagine doing that right now. 2 hours is enough for me. ha. That's my max.

Just put the title on Jack Bruce at Supreme Challenge, and he pops up on the time decline list with the "recently there has been the occassional sign..." message. Checked his skill progress:

Jan13 -> Aug13

Brawling 72->70

Hardcore 44->42

Puroresu 36->35

Chain Wrestling 62->60

Mat Wrestling 51->50

Submissions 42->40

Flashiness 62->57

Aerial is the only In Ring skill to stay the same.

Consistency 82->77

Selling 74->73

Basics, Psychology & Safety stay the same.

Athleticism 84->78

Toughness 52->50

Stamina 78->70

Power 58->57

Yikes on the steep stamina decline! Resilience stayed the same.

Star Quality 98->97

Sex Appeal 67->66

The other four entertainment skills stayed the same.

Looks like I'm going to have to speed up my plans for Remo to take the belt off him and start booking the rest of his reign as a "last chance at glory" type of deal. Originally I was going to wait until When Hell Freezes Over in Jan14 but with the rate of his stamina decline I'm afraid he'll tank a main event if I wait that long.

Just put the title on Jack Bruce at Supreme Challenge, and he pops up on the time decline list with the "recently there has been the occassional sign..." message. Checked his skill progress:

Jan13 -> Aug13

Brawling 72->70

Hardcore 44->42

Puroresu 36->35

Chain Wrestling 62->60

Mat Wrestling 51->50

Submissions 42->40

Flashiness 62->57

Aerial is the only In Ring skill to stay the same.

Consistency 82->77

Selling 74->73

Basics, Psychology & Safety stay the same.

Athleticism 84->78

Toughness 52->50

Stamina 78->70

Power 58->57

Yikes on the steep stamina decline! Resilience stayed the same.

Star Quality 98->97

Sex Appeal 67->66

The other four entertainment skills stayed the same.

Looks like I'm going to have to speed up my plans for Remo to take the belt off him and start booking the rest of his reign as a "last chance at glory" type of deal. Originally I was going to wait until When Hell Freezes Over in Jan14 but with the rate of his stamina decline I'm afraid he'll tank a main event if I wait that long.

Trust me, Aerial will drop pretty soon. I also want to note that Athleticism had a huge drop as well.

As for Entertainment Skills, I don't believe they are tied to Physical Decline, but rather, Relevancy decline. And from what I recall, Basics, Safety, and Psychology never fall now.

Has anyone had much success with changing SurpemeTV to 2 hours?

I've always felt as though SupremeTV should stay at 90 minutes; however, as of late, I've found it hard to get a lot of my over guys on TV weekly. Valiant, Gilmore, and Big Cat are all examples. Now that people like Des Davids and Captain Atomic are climbing up the ranks, I feel as though I should push the show to 2 hours. Not to mention, I've got Bruce the Giant coming along & possibly Khoklov coming back to SupremeTV in the next few months.

More or less, has anyone made the transition to 2 hours and seen a successful outcome because of it?

I have. :D I've always expanded Supreme TV to a two-hour show, usually in February, but in TEW 2013 I went with two hours from the get-go. With the pre-show and the eventual 90-minute B-show taken into account, almost everyone's got at least three matches per month, even with the roster now at 50-something (not counting the eight rookies in my second, early NXT-style B-show). In terms of popularity, it's helped some of the midcard guys, such as Davids and Rogue/Jack Giedroyc...but of course, their going over more popular workers on occasion played a huge part as well.

Has anyone ever turned Rich Money face? The reason I ask is because I seem to be lacking in big time faces. I have Bruce, Valiant, Frehley (I'm sure some will remember my indifference to him! :p), I turned James face and he's now on time decline, Lobby and Faith are both well into decline, Captain Atomic and Mainstream Hernandez are both hot faces but can't carry the face burden yet.. I turned Gilmore heel, so I'm thinking it might be time to turn Money face.

I'm in July 2014 btw, Valiant dropped the belt back to Remo, who's champ again and seems to be great for me when holding the gold. The thing is, Remo recently feuded with Bruce, just finished with Valiant, Frehley isn't exactly deserving of a title shot. I have a good heel main event with Remo, Gilmore, Minnesota (who is a machine. He hasn't disrupted backstage morale either!), Jay Chord is also massively over, Rogue, Khoklov and Vengeance still isn't doing too bad. What do you guys think?

In my last SWF game I turned Money and Vengeance face near the end of the first year, along with Gilmore being turned heel. All have worked great so far.

Has anyone tried signing a Japanese worker to SWF? The current champ at GCG recently said he wanted to work abroad and he's still under PPA, so I could easily snag him. I'm just a little worried his style will clash with ours or our product.

Magnum Kobe is amazing.

My current NA champ with C+ pop and improving on the mic and in the ring. He's my favorite Japanese worker and I used a then allowed loophole to sign him exclusively and paired him with Jack Bruce as his Japanese protégé. His style is regular so he doesn't create a style clash either

Is turning Minnesota and option? He's one of the better workers and having him as a face to oppose Money, Remo, and Angry seems like it would make for almost s year's worth of stories.

Minnesota hasn't been with us long, so turning him isn't possible. I should've debuted him as a face but the typical 'TCW invader' storyline with him distupting the title scene and fighting with the biggest superstar Bruce was too good to turn down. Rich Money has an 88 rating as a Face and he is one of the big four in the company. It's the way I can balance the Face-Heel divide. I wish there was another way!

Magnum Kobe is amazing.

My current NA champ with C+ pop and improving on the mic and in the ring. He's my favorite Japanese worker and I used a then allowed loophole to sign him exclusively and paired him with Jack Bruce as his Japanese protégé. His style is regular so he doesn't create a style clash either

Do you bring him on a PPA contract because he always says he is unwilling to leave WLW in my game? Or edit his loyalty away?

<p>Those who book the SWF, do you use the 'All Out' booking note? I've recently realized that I haven't used it yet in my SWF Dynasty. Just wanted to see if anyone has used this note successfully. </p><p> </p><p>

I often use 'Slow Build' quite a bit in my ME scene but haven't used 'All Out' at all.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Those who book the SWF, do you use the 'All Out' booking note? I've recently realized that I haven't used it yet in my SWF Dynasty. Just wanted to see if anyone has used this note successfully. <p> </p><p> I often use 'Slow Build' quite a bit in my ME scene but haven't used 'All Out' at all.</p></div></blockquote><p> I'll use it occasionally in TV main events, but not PPVs b/c of the amount of time for the match. Several of my workers "can't handle the pressure" so I don't use it for everyone.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Those who book the SWF, do you use the 'All Out' booking note? I've recently realized that I haven't used it yet in my SWF Dynasty. Just wanted to see if anyone has used this note successfully. <p> </p><p> I often use 'Slow Build' quite a bit in my ME scene but haven't used 'All Out' at all.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I use it a ton in the tag division, especially on PPVs when they usually go on pretty early</p>

<p>Booking through February in my current game and just agreed a B show. Felt like sharing. This is an idea I've been toying with for awhile - started mulling it when Eisen-Verse and I were talking about the B show for his diary that became SWF Underground. This is a tiny chance this ends up as part of a diary someday but I'll risk it...</p><p> </p><p>

Wanted to find a B show idea that was more than a simplified version of Supreme TV with the lower card workers. Wanted something that felt different entirely, yet still fell under the conept of Supreme. Fun and yet still giving the younger workers a chance to shine. Wanted to take certain elements of NXT (current and original) and WWECW, even Thunder, yet work them all into something that was a bit different. </p><p> </p><p>

And so SWF Playground is born. Something heavily targeted toward the 15-35 male demographic. This part can't really simmed in the game, but it would be taped in one-month blocks (4 episodes at once) in different locations that are tactically near major college campuses. Taping locations that are licensed to sell alcohol. The idea would be to turn it into a drunken party for college kids to create a fun and wild atmosphere. Plenty of TnA. Have some of the SWF lovely ladies hosting each episode while wearing bikinis. Have a hottub built into the stands. Have theme costume nights for the fans and the wrestlers both. Have some fun challenges, weird segments, and running jokes - like weely "something on a pole" matches. Culminating in Big Smack Scott's Mom on a Pole match! </p><p> </p><p>

I think it would make a chaotically fun environment where a lot of the younger talent like Robbie Retro, the Bumfhole's, Marc DuBois, John Greed, and some of the guys coming up from developmental can all shine. Really put across the fun aspects to draw fans in rather than the dramamatic storytelling that is what makes Supreme TV must-see.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>For those of you working with SWF, how have your gimmicks gone over thus far? Pretty much, for me, everything has fallen between a "C" and, at best, a "B-". Without fail, I can't seem to break from that range. Even the ones that HIT never seem to pass the "B-" threshold. I've changed the amount of impact placed on the wrestler and still nothing. </p><p> </p><p>

Is it because of the product? </p><p> </p><p>

Have you had several of your gimmicks pass the "B-" threshold or do you sit around the same range?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For those of you working with SWF, how have your gimmicks gone over thus far? Pretty much, for me, everything has fallen between a "C" and, at best, a "B-". Without fail, I can't seem to break from that range. Even the ones that HIT never seem to pass the "B-" threshold. I've changed the amount of impact placed on the wrestler and still nothing. <p> </p><p> Is it because of the product? </p><p> </p><p> Have you had several of your gimmicks pass the "B-" threshold or do you sit around the same range?</p></div></blockquote><p> First off, update your copy of TEW. Second, you might need to tailor your gimmicks or change your product. Depeonds on what you want to do. The easier thing to do is tailor your gmmicks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For those of you working with SWF, how have your gimmicks gone over thus far? Pretty much, for me, everything has fallen between a "C" and, at best, a "B-". Without fail, I can't seem to break from that range. Even the ones that HIT never seem to pass the "B-" threshold. I've changed the amount of impact placed on the wrestler and still nothing. <p> </p><p> Is it because of the product? </p><p> </p><p> Have you had several of your gimmicks pass the "B-" threshold or do you sit around the same range?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I brought in Frankie Perez and Remmy Skye and gave them both thrill seeker gimmicks and gave them total creative freedom. Perez got 92 and Skye got 100 so you can get some great gimmick, well sometimes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ampulator" data-cite="ampulator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>First off, update your copy of TEW. Second, you might need to tailor your gimmicks or change your product. Depeonds on what you want to do. The easier thing to do is tailor your gmmicks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sadly, I've done both of those things to no avail!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sadly, I've done both of those things to no avail!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What is your user's Creativity points level?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jhd1" data-cite="jhd1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What is your user's Creativity points level?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not sure what these levels constitute #'s wise, as it's been awhile since I set them, but this is what Duane Fry's talents are set at:</p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o702/Supreme_Epic/WHFO/Wrestler%20Images/Untitled_zps2aabc472.png</span></p>

Archived