SWF In 2013

Guest KingOfKings

SO the SWF backstage is attorcious but they have four over the minimum allowed wrestlers and have four more heels than faces so day one I cut out BBS, Laramee, Everest and DuBois. Yes I know that sounds like shooting myself in the foot but to hell with it my backstage is 90 88%. That leaves me with 4 Face tag teams and 2 heel teams. SO I put together Enforcer Roberts and Squeeky McClean as a kind of gate keeper team and the new main team to face The All-Americans will be The Sinners, John Greed and Joseph Lust (Joe Sexy) I will hopefully be adding the five other deadly sins to the stable at some point, probably scythe as Wrath when I feel like brining him up.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm making notes for an overview of the tag division and I've noticed that The Pain Alliance (was 55, now 48) and The Amazing Bumfholes (was 100, now 76) have lost tag team experience from 2010 to 2013.

If memory serves, the editor only allows you to set low/medium/high experience for teams. I imagine that Bumfholes would be high, TPA medium, and that the scores are picked from the appropriate numeric range.

If I'm wrong about the editor, as I may well be, then Adam's just messing with you ;)

If memory serves, the editor only allows you to set low/medium/high experience for teams. I imagine that Bumfholes would be high, TPA medium, and that the scores are picked from the appropriate numeric range.

If I'm wrong about the editor, as I may well be, then Adam's just messing with you ;)

Adam mentioned that he thought The Bumfholes A* experinece in 2010 was way to high even for twins that had been together for so short amount of time and he saw no reason to perpetuate that error in 2013.

As for Pain Alliance I don't know.

One thing about the Bumfholes' experience that kinda annoys me is that in my game they have 2 more points as a team than The Awesomeness, who have been teaming for a hell of a lot less than Randall and Zimford.

That number will change in each game since they're both set to "good" tag team experience. But really, it's not even an issue. They've both been teaming together since 2005 and 2008 respectively, which is a fairly good amount of time to have built up some experience. And just because you know someone doesn't mean you have experience as a tag team. My sister and I have known each other for our entire lives but if we were to start wrestling tomorrow and team up we'd still have to get used to wrestling as part of a team no matter what.

The levels of experience as pre-set in the editor hit a range of values when you start the game too, so they'll vary each time. None will give you 0 experience to start with. Low will give you somewhere between 0 and 40 I think, but mostly between 10 and 30. Medium will give you from about 40 to 60 and will negate bad chemistry if the team has it, which is something I didn't think was true but Adam confirmed it for me. High experience gives you between 60 and 80 (maybe 90) which is a hefty amount. And of course Maximum gives you 100, perfect. For teams employed by a company and with a tag record linked to no company you'll get a better chance of ending up in the higher range of each bracket too, since each record will get a value assigned to it and the higher one will be kept.

In terms of The Awesomeness, they would likely be on the low end of Good experience but the ranges will likely give them a boost. The Bumfholes would likely be on the higher end of it, and the range will likely reflect that. You should probably be happy that The Awesomeness is getting a little more than they should, but as a dedicated tag team for at least 5 years, having at least one match a month is a pretty fair reflection on their experience level. The Bumfholes haven't always focused on being a team having spent some time in the Shooting Star division, otherwise they might be a little closer to Maximum. :)

SO the SWF backstage is attorcious but they have four over the minimum allowed wrestlers and have four more heels than faces so day one I cut out BBS, Laramee, Everest and DuBois. Yes I know that sounds like shooting myself in the foot but to hell with it my backstage is 90 88%. That leaves me with 4 Face tag teams and 2 heel teams. SO I put together Enforcer Roberts and Squeeky McClean as a kind of gate keeper team and the new main team to face The All-Americans will be The Sinners, John Greed and Joseph Lust (Joe Sexy) I will hopefully be adding the five other deadly sins to the stable at some point, probably scythe as Wrath when I feel like brining him up.

Why didn't I think of that before. Joseph Lust is a killer alternate identity for Joe Sexy! :D

BSS, Laramee and Everest won't be missed in most any SWF game, but I'd ideally keep DuBois around for a bit. He's too talented to drop just like that.

Why didn't I think of that before. Joseph Lust is a killer alternate identity for Joe Sexy! :D

BSS, Laramee and Everest won't be missed in most any SWF game, but I'd ideally keep DuBois around for a bit. He's too talented to drop just like that.

Between his bad attitude and his negative relationship with one of the Bumfholes he was expendable. There's a lot of other less pain in the ass talent out there as free agents that are easily picked up (I'm looking at you KC Glenn)

But yeah I thought that was a good alternate name for Joe. I figure Scythe for Wrath, a big guy like Ox Mastadon for Gluttony, a small but attractive Lightweight for Envy maybe Justin Sensitive, that leaves Sloth and Pride. Maybe break up the Platinum Blondes and use FAG as Pride not sure about sloth maybe its the opportunity that Lazy Joe has been looking for to bring his narcoleptic character to the mainstream.

Between his bad attitude and his negative relationship with one of the Bumfholes he was expendable. There's a lot of other less pain in the ass talent out there as free agents that are easily picked up (I'm looking at you KC Glenn)

DuBois is good; however, I guess it depends on how you're looking to book him. Is he the 'next coming'/the big talent he's been perceived as since he debuted - OR - a decent midcarder who can pick up some good wins & ultimately lose to the main event?

If he's your 'next big thing', think twice I guess. Unless he can turn it around, he's going to be a MAJOR pain in the a$$ in the future. Plus, his law problems make things quite difficult to predict.

DuBois is good; however, I guess it depends on how you're looking to book him. Is he the 'next coming'/the big talent he's been perceived as since he debuted - OR - a decent midcarder who can pick up some good wins & ultimately lose to the main event?

If he's your 'next big thing', think twice I guess. Unless he can turn it around, he's going to be a MAJOR pain in the a$$ in the future. Plus, his law problems make things quite difficult to predict.

Didn't even notice the law problems. Even more reason to dump him. I guessit depends on how your playing I put high levels in Diplomacy and Leadership and am acting (in my mind) like I'm the sheriff who comes into to clean up SWF Sadly Jerry and Richard Eisen are horrible influences and I can't get rid of them.

Hypothetical question I suppose but would someone of KC Glenn's ability be a viable developmental talent? With such great opening ability, would he just end up asking to come up right away do you think? I don't have the game in front of me but I believe you can work on their overness while down there? That'd probably be the best focus for him.

Hypothetical question I suppose but would someone of KC Glenn's ability be a viable developmental talent? With such great opening ability, would he just end up asking to come up right away do you think? I don't have the game in front of me but I believe you can work on their overness while down there? That'd probably be the best focus for him.

I would think he would go down to development if you paid him the right amount. Since you can outright give a developmental contract if he accepted he'd know where he was going from the get go not liking being hired and then when you try and send him down he's all like "Really that's dumb, I hate you"

I would think he would go down to development if you paid him the right amount. Since you can outright give a developmental contract if he accepted he'd know where he was going from the get go not liking being hired and then when you try and send him down he's all like "Really that's dumb, I hate you"

That's true. I may give it a shot tonight (to see if he'll sign a developmental deal) when I get home tonight. The real challenge may be more with his conservative nature (at least he was in '10).

Either way, I want to lock him down if I can; so, TCW can't.

With regards to the REMO/FREHLEY/BRANDON debate i have always struggled with Frehley within the game but had great Success with Remo. I see Remo as i Lesnar type too but with a slightly more obvious arrogance.

Also I plan on starting with SWF when the full version comes out but would like to use a big player as my user.

Anyone got any ideas? I want the user to be worthwhile but don't want to take a really vital player from a same region rival.

I was thinking of taking a Canadian or Japanese worker but can't make up my mind. Other option is to create my own i guess.

With regards to the REMO/FREHLEY/BRANDON debate i have always struggled with Frehley within the game but had great Success with Remo. I see Remo as i Lesnar type too but with a slightly more obvious arrogance.

Also I plan on starting with SWF when the full version comes out but would like to use a big player as my user.

Anyone got any ideas? I want the user to be worthwhile but don't want to take a really vital player from a same region rival.

I was thinking of taking a Canadian or Japanese worker but can't make up my mind. Other option is to create my own i guess.

Pick a member of the SWF roster who is listed as a potential booker in the worker data, then book according to that character's biases. Angry Gilmore, Bart Biggins, Christian Faith, Enforcer Roberts, and Rich Money are all interesting choices with the seniority to maybe have a realistic shot at getting the book.

Actually as a random aside I notice that the Bumfholes (and Christian Faith) are no longer Conservative, but Frehley still is... meaning the front three probably shouldn't leave so much any more but Frehley is pretty much nailed on to still depart if the Risque can't be dropped..

I usually drop Risque from Heavy to Medium to give myself a better chance of signing some of the Canada-based workers when available, e.g. Sean McFly, Davis Wayne Newton, etc. Am I doing the right thing in terms of the big picture? Getting my 2013 diary game ready and I'm trying to plan ahead for any consequences (particularly long-term) of changing SWF's Risque levels to Medium.

EDIT - Someone already answered the KC question...

All of those ideas for booker would be great. In my case, I went with the ultimate 'company man/utility knife' in Duane Fry!

I need help coming up with a heavy metal theme song for Supreme TV. I'll admit, I don't know much about the modern metal/rock scene, as I tend to be more of a blues guy, so I thought I'd ask some of you about songs that could work.

With my vision for SWF, I'm looking for a song that is inherently strong in nature. The product is exactly the same as the default database; however, I'm spinning it's perception in a way that screams of a live-action, kick in the face, action movie style. Very tough, very brutal, very much so in your face.

So, with that in mind, I'm looking for a theme song that can fit that kind of vibe.

Thank you in advance!

I need help coming up with a heavy metal theme song for Supreme TV. I'll admit, I don't know much about the modern metal/rock scene, as I tend to be more of a blues guy, so I thought I'd ask some of you about songs that could work.

With my vision for SWF, I'm looking for a song that is inherently strong in nature. The product is exactly the same as the default database; however, I'm spinning it's perception in a way that screams of a live-action, kick in the face, action movie style. Very tough, very brutal, very much so in your face.

So, with that in mind, I'm looking for a theme song that can fit that kind of vibe.

Thank you in advance!

I don't listen to much metal or rock these days, and both are such vague terms that even with your description I'm not really sure what kind of stuff you're looking for, but maybe one of these could work:

Steve Vai - Now We Run

The Sword - Barael's Blade

Symphony X - The Walls of Babylon

Thank you in advance!

It's not heavy metal, but I found this song interesting for SWF for two things:

The title song. It's a direct link of Richard Eisen's history & his win over the territorial history.

The lyrics. A punch in the face.

Nirvana - Territorial Pissings

Something like this? The only issue I could imagine is the style of vocal. Not exactly as mainstream as the SWF :).

Alternatively, anything by Cancer Bats would probably work. Literally half their songs sound like they were written to be a pro wrestling theme. They actually do a version of the Beastie Boys' Sabotage which could work for you?

Archived