SWF In 2013

Guest KingOfKings

It's not heavy metal, but I found this song interesting for SWF for two things:

The title song. It's a direct link of Richard Eisen's history & his win over the territorial history.

The lyrics. A punch in the face.

Nirvana - Territorial Pissings

THIS.

I can imagine it now. As Kurt Cobain wails out the lyrics of the Youngbloods' "Get Together" in the intro, we see different workers getting ready for matches. Then as the heavy riffs kick in, there's Christian Faith executing the Leap of Faith and Vengeance drilling some midcarder - Captain Atomic? Jungle Lord? American Machine? - with the Skull Krusher. The drum roll is the cue for Remo hitting the ring and flexing his muscles, or perhaps executing the Destroyer.

That's all I can think of for now, but Territorial Pissings is a great suggestion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCGvONbVCa0

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need help coming up with a heavy metal theme song for Supreme TV. I'll admit, I don't know much about the modern metal/rock scene, as I tend to be more of a blues guy, so I thought I'd ask some of you about songs that could work.

With my vision for SWF, I'm looking for a song that is inherently strong in nature. The product is exactly the same as the default database; however, I'm spinning it's perception in a way that screams of a live-action, kick in the face, action movie style. Very tough, very brutal, very much so in your face.

So, with that in mind, I'm looking for a theme song that can fit that kind of vibe.

Thank you in advance!

Something more mainstream might be Otherwise "Soldiers".

I think it has an action movie quality and a "putting your blood and guts into it" feel.

Thank you everyone for giving me some insight into some good music for Supreme TV. I've got a lot of listening a head of me. :D

I recommend Iron Savior's "Heavy Metal Never Dies". IMO, it's a good opening music for an attitude-style show.

Here's the youtube link:

Shout it out and play it loud, 'cause this is what it's all about. Heavy Metal, Heavy Metal never dies!

Anyone else find it really hard to get above a B rating for a TV show?

I know it's probably down to the weighting on performance stats being significantly changed (and me not being used to it) but to get those top rated main events do you have to start off your game with Bruce and Vengeance going at it, given they're your most over workers?

Seems like if I have anyone other than Bruce in the match then I'm lucky to pull a B. Moreover, if I'm getting a B as an overall rating I'm bleeding popularity.

Anyone else find it really hard to get above a B rating for a TV show?

I know it's probably down to the weighting on performance stats being significantly changed (and me not being used to it) but to get those top rated main events do you have to start off your game with Bruce and Vengeance going at it, given they're your most over workers?

Seems like if I have anyone other than Bruce in the match then I'm lucky to pull a B. Moreover, if I'm getting a B as an overall rating I'm bleeding popularity.

I guess dropping your angle ratio to 60% may help, as now shows are rated in terms of "60%x(overall match rating) + 40%x(overall angle rating)", if you are using a 60% match ratio. This is, to my mind, one of the biggest and best changes to the game. It fundamentally alters the way you book entertainment based companies. Also note that both your match and angle ratings are determined in the following manner:

70% for main event/best angle (best angle can be anywhere on the card)

20% for semi-main event/second best angle

10% - rest of matches/third best angle

this means that the rest of your angles don't count towards the final show rating, so you can feel free to experiment, develop entertainment skills of workers etc etc. This is a big step up from TEW2010 where you had to constantly try to have each angle rated as close to 100 as possible to avoid one "bad" angle dragging down your overall show rating (or you had to clone the angles you wanted to use and designate them "minor")

In my SOTBPW game, I've been able to pull b+ shows all around by sticking to the basics - a very strong main event, strong semi-main, adherence to perfect show theory, using the best refs, road agents, announcers and colour I can find and using lots and lots of angles (at least 35% of total show time).

mind, when i say very strong main event I don't mean main eventer vs main eventer, which I tend to reserve for PPVs, but main eventer vs upper carder, or main event team vs upper midcard team.

I think it would be easier with SWF given they've bigger stars, better talent and access to better quality staff such as refs and announcers.

mind, when i say very strong main event I don't mean main eventer vs main eventer, which I tend to reserve for PPVs, but main eventer vs upper carder, or main event team vs upper midcard team.

I think it would be easier with SWF given they've bigger stars, better talent and access to better quality staff such as refs and announcers.

This is actually the crux of the issue for me. It's possible I'm not using enough angles (and that they're not rating well enough) so I may change that, but main events between talented and over workers are pulling MAXIMUM B grades at the moment. Case in point: Rich Money vs Angry Gilmore (would have expected a minimum of B+ match in 2010) got me a B- and Jack Bruce vs Brandon James did a B. I'm running out of ideas aside from just putting Bruce (A) and Vengeance (B+) in the main event every week until I get someone else over enough to assist.

This is actually the crux of the issue for me. It's possible I'm not using enough angles (and that they're not rating well enough) so I may change that, but main events between talented and over workers are pulling MAXIMUM B grades at the moment. Case in point: Rich Money vs Angry Gilmore (would have expected a minimum of B+ match in 2010) got me a B- and Jack Bruce vs Brandon James did a B. I'm running out of ideas aside from just putting Bruce (A) and Vengeance (B+) in the main event every week until I get someone else over enough to assist.

Well the first couple of months or so you've to constantly use your top guys [ME + UMC] in angles to get their popularity up as SWF has a "rated much more on popularity rather than performance" product. Other things you can look at are:

- do the workers you are getting to main event your shows have enough momentum? (On no account should it be less than 75-80)

- are you using the best possible announcers, colour commentators, road agents and referees for the matches? As you're SWF, you already have some fantastic talent in these areas, and you can always bring in new people

- are you closely following the expected match length?

- You can try a 20 minute main event with a main eventer and an upper midcarder with the following notes:

open match, slow build, script, decisive win.

remember, in the beginning you've only a few genuine ring generals [psychology>85] - faith, gilmore, rich money and enforcer roberts. so you need to have 1 of these workers in all your main event matches.

as your top stars gain overness and momentum and you get some hot storylines going, B+ or even A rated matches should become routine ...

First off (and I've only run three shows with angles so far but it's worked every time) the formula for the show should be

((Main Event*.7)+(Semi Main*.2)+(average of all other matches*.1))*the percentage of time on show used for matches (this is not you're set ratio in the product. SWF has a 70% ratio as their product setting but if you go 60% or 75% that is the ratio you use in this formula. I usually do as many angles as possible so for me this number would be .6)

((Top rated angle*.7)+(Second Best rated angle*.2)+(average of all other angles*.1))*the percentage of time on show used for angles (since I made 60% of my show matches there are 40% angles and this is .4)

Then you add the match number and the show number and you get your final grade

example of my first show

Angle 80 Second Best Angle

Angle 76

Angle 80

Match 64

Angle 77

Angle 62

Semi Main Event 75

Angle 85 Best Angle

Angle 67

Main Event 81

Angle 70

Matches (64*.1)+(&5*.2)+(81*.7)=78.1

Angles ((76+80+77+62+67+70)/6*.1)+(80*.2)+(85*.7)=82.7

I used exactly 60% matches and 40% angles so

(78.1*.6)+(82.7*.4)=79.94

Actual show output from the game was an 80 rated show.

This held true for my next show and my PPV which tested the math because I had 72% matches and 28% angles but the math held true out putting 80.0875 and netting me an 80 rated show.

As for the having to use Bruce or vengeance to get a better than B rated matches on my second Supreme TV my main event was Gilmore, Faith and Frehley drawing Eisen, Remo and Rogue for a B+ rated match. It was a slightly lower B+ rated match than the Vengeance Lobster Warrior semi Main event but it was still B+ rated

I have a conundrum (one that I would often, in the past, just bullishly book ahead without thinking but want to change that practice). If you don't want to know, and would rather find out as you read the card for the next episode then don't read, but if you're okay with knowing (and want to help) then highlight below:

My next Supreme TV main event has the option of being either: Jack Bruce/Rogue or Frehley/McClean.

The thing is, I've been burned in previous games by Jack Bruce (and how he's not necessarily the best in-ring worker). Against Rogue, there's a good chance that both's average psychology (etc) could hurt my overall show with a clunker of a main event (despite his popularity levels being and A).

Meanwhile, Steve Frehley is the champ, and is wrestling someone who can carry the match better, but is at a "B" in popularity (versus Bruce's "A").

So, yea, I'm confused over which way I should go to finish out the show?

I have a conundrum (one that I would often, in the past, just bullishly book ahead without thinking but want to change that practice). If you don't want to know, and would rather find out as you read the card for the next episode then don't read, but if you're okay with knowing (and want to help) then highlight below:

I always say go for which ever one makes the most story sense and worry about it when you get there. Good angles can pull up the show rating a few points if the match is a minor disappointment. That said you could go for option three a tag match instead of one of the two singles matches.

Personally, I'd go for the Bruce match. Both guys in it are over, and more than capable of main eventing.

There's one guy in the other match who really should not be in a main event for the SWF! Not in the first month, at least. I don't care who's beating him, if you're comparable in popularity to Captain Atomic, you don't main event Supreme TV. ¬_¬

Just started my long-haul SWF game, and I'm torn on something.

I'm debating whether I should debut Uprising as an hour-long B show/brand, with the roster consisting of several newly-introduced up-and-comers.

The roster would include Primus Allen, Spencer Spade, Lenny Brown, The Masked Patriot and Justin Sensitive from development, and the Keith Brothers and a few others from the indies. I'd also debut the SWF Uprising title, a low-level title for them to compete over.

My question is: Does this make sense? Uprising would be booked as separate from SWF, but with SWF stars making the odd cameo in "trainer" roles. It would be a sort of middle ground between developmental and the main roster ala NXT.

Is this sound strategy, or am I bringing in too many people too quickly? How would you book this?

Also, Des Davids is apparently the next big thing in my game. Eisen gave me a directive to get him to B overness in 18 months. Should be fun.

Does anyone know, off hand, who I could hire in the US who speaks eastern or central European? I need someone to appease Khoklov!

Vita... she's passable on Central European and it should help you out. Though Khoklov's unhappiness shouldn't be too much of a worry since he's only ever going to be there for PPVs, which means he'll only ding your locker-room at PPVs. :)

I'm debating whether I should debut Uprising as an hour-long B show/brand, with the roster consisting of several newly-introduced up-and-comers.

The roster would include Primus Allen, Spencer Spade, Lenny Brown, The Masked Patriot and Justin Sensitive from development, and the Keith Brothers and a few others from the indies. I'd also debut the SWF Uprising title, a low-level title for them to compete over.

My question is: Does this make sense? Uprising would be booked as separate from SWF, but with SWF stars making the odd cameo in "trainer" roles. It would be a sort of middle ground between developmental and the main roster ala NXT.

Is this sound strategy, or am I bringing in too many people too quickly? How would you book this?

Also, Des Davids is apparently the next big thing in my game. Eisen gave me a directive to get him to B overness in 18 months. Should be fun.

Haven't purchased the retail version yet, but on TEW 2010 I always brought back Uprising as a B-show. I'd use it as a chance to showcase my midcard and give them some wins over the jobbers. But your idea sounds good too. Spade and Brown are always among the first to ask to be called up to the main roster, so that should be a nice way to give them TV time once Uprising debuts.

Can't really say authoritatively that calling up a lot of RIPW workers or hiring a lot of youngsters (30 and below) is a good or bad thing. But I have a similar strategy with the SWF, especially now - with Faith, Vengeance and Bruce having hit their 40s, it's more important than ever to start grooming eventual replacements to the main event throne. I usually go on a major hiring spree in January, send the bulk of the youngsters to developmental, and maintain a roster size of about 40-45 active wrestlers.

Definitely, you should be looking for a way to get Des Davids over. As a worker and as an athlete, there's no complaints there. But he may need a good manager backing him up to hide his lack of mic skills.

I was canned after my first Supreme TV for missing two high importance owner goals: Keep Mark DuBois & James Prudence above 71 momentum!

That is why I never play with Owner goals on. I would be pissed if that happened to me...well maybe pissed is a strong word. I would be mildly ticked off.

Does anyone know, off hand, who I could hire in the US who speaks eastern or central European? I need someone to appease Khoklov!

In my SWF diary game I brought Sebastian Koller in to work as his translator. Poor Sebastian did not last long as Marat picked up English pretty quickly and so there was no need for Sebastian to be on the main roster. So I shipped him back to RIPW.

2013 Tag Team Division

The All-Americans ©

American Machine & Des Davids

(BJ O’Neil manages Machine)

The Amazing Bumfholes

Randy Bumfhole & Zimmy Bumfhole

The Awesomeness

Huey Cannonball & Jefferson Stardust

Hero Squad (Occasional)

Jungle Lord & Captain Atomic

The Pain Alliance

Kurt Laramee & Big Smack Scott

Quadruple B

Brett Biggins & Bart Biggins

The Platinum Blondes (Occasional)

Frederique Antonio Garcia & James Prudence

Notes: I love how the tag division looks heading into 2013. It is, though, a relatively old division with the obvious exception of The Awesomeness, and The Amazing Bumfholes are also in their late 20s even though they seem like they’ve been around forever.

I’ve started an SWF game with “The All American Boy” Jack Avatar, and my idea is to get him into a stable with The All-Americans. Dawn the Cheerleader starts the game with no clients but seems like she would be a perfect fit to manage a team called The All-Americans. So, Dawn is going to cozy up to Machine & Davids and displace BJ O’Neil as American Machine’s manager and become manager of the All-American stable. A jealous BJ O’Neil is going to turn and unveil also-turned The Awesomeness as her new team. She’s going to start heavily advertising the fact that she managed both the Samoan Wildboyz and The All-Americans to the SWF World Tag Team Championship.

There are some internal options available to bolster the division if you don’t want to turn The Platinum Blondes or Hero Squad into regular teams. Paul Huntingdon and John Greed could be an option. There’s always Marc DuBois who might benefit from a year in a team with a veteran like Squeeky McClean. Marshall Dillon seems like he should be on a team, maybe Spencer Spade could be called up from development as a cowboy character to create an SWF version of The Young Guns. A number of the developmental guys could be dropped into teams to give fodder to the already established teams, like Lassana Makutsi, Lenny Brown, Justin Sensitive, etc.. I’m going to save the physically bigger developmental guys for when I want to bring up a monster team to go on a rampage for a bit.

I'm also going to run a test game with me just booking the tag team matches and angles and having the Assistant Booker do all of the singles matches to see what happens. I'll update in the what's going on in your game thread.

It's so weird to me that Captain Atomic is part of a tag team called "Hero Squad." Maybe it's a more common name than I thought, but in my last '10 save, he started teaming with Jack DeColt (under a mask, because too many Jack's), as the Hero Squad. I am 99.9% sure I haven't even talked about that, so I'm sure it's just serendipity.

It's so weird to me that Captain Atomic is part of a tag team called "Hero Squad." Maybe it's a more common name than I thought, but in my last '10 save, he started teaming with Jack DeColt (under a mask, because too many Jack's), as the Hero Squad. I am 99.9% sure I haven't even talked about that, so I'm sure it's just serendipity.

I used to bring up Cheetah boy as his sidekick and call them Heroes Unlimited.

I was planning on doing something similar; essentially what WWE are doing with NXT now, or what they did with ECW before. It seems like a good idea to me.

My short lived dynasty in 2010 had Atomic and Lobster Warrior teaming as the Super Hero Squad and facing off with Remo and Vengeance.

I'm not claiming that is where the name came from. I think just about everyone went with a tag team featuring Atomic with "Hero" in the name.

My short lived dynasty in 2010 had Atomic and Lobster Warrior teaming as the Super Hero Squad and facing off with Remo and Vengeance.

I'm not claiming that is where the name came from. I think just about everyone went with a tag team featuring Atomic with "Hero" in the name.

Right, I just think it's strange that I used the exact name Adam did in addition to the same basic set-up.

Archived