SWF In 2013

Guest KingOfKings

I've come to look upon Scythe as the new Vengeance as typically try to bring him trough in some kind of storyline, whether its having them together or opposed.

In my current game I actually have Scythe managing Vengeance with the story explanation that Vengeance is training him to continue his legacy.

And what do you know? They have excellent chemistry. Put them in double menace "training" angles and he's going to march right up the card.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QFT. This is one of the most simple and clear explanations about how to successfully book the SWF. Or any SE federation. Its great advice not just for how to book newcomers but how to book the SWF in general.

Its definitely more of a challenge in TEW 2013. Recent Fortunes means that its not possible to have a worker lose their way up the card anymore. It takes more planning. If you bring in a handful of new talent and try to build them all up at once, its going to be messy and really difficult. You need to pick a couple at most and target specific ways to build each of them up.

What de knegt mentioned above is key IMO. To go a bit further, some major options are obtaining a B show and/or using veterans. Pairing a veteran worker with a rookie (in SWF terms, at least) is an old standby and works a treat. Something like JamesCasey using Runaway Train and Swoop McCarthy as a team in his Generation Supreme diary (on 2010, as Train is still active). If Christian Faith is in steep decline, its a great use for him. A midcarder who isn't going to move up, like Everest, can be made somewhat useful in this way as well, or even a star who lacks a program currently. It obviously doesn't simply have to be a tag team. Maybe a star brings in a menacing new worker as a bodyguard, or a tag team as their hired muscle. A new addition to a stable. Or some other storyline - I've come to look upon Scythe as the new Vengeance as typically try to bring him trough in some kind of storyline, whether its having them together or opposed. Or simply use a manager who has solid overness to be their mouthpiece for awhile to get them over. Putting Emma Chase in charge of the Keith wins or Spencer Spade would bear pretty quick results.

But mainly, have them do positive things. Have them in good angles. Have them win some matches - not meaning win every match and/or going over guys well above them. As de knegt mentions, use them to their strengths and you should see progress.

Yeah Scythe and Vengeance is a given for me. That part I'm find with(currently in May and I just brought up Scythe so his menace angels with Vengeance have done pretty good for me so far.) With Faith I actually had him start mentoring Marshall Dillon with tag matches(also been successful). Jack Bruce(who I just turned heel) just added Primus Allen as his "bouncer". So things of that nature I can handle. It's more of people like the Keiths who, although don't have bad entertainment skills, obviously have better in ring skills. And now with "losing up the card" is no longer an option, obviously it makes a bit harder. But thanks for the tips. I'll definitely be using these.

I'm using the history behind Enforcer Roberts and Eric Eisen to bring up Roberts three "sons" in Wayne Roberts (Ernest Youngman), Roy Roberts (Sterling Whitlock), and Tyler Roberts (Irwin Gutmann) and his "daughter" Taylor Roberts (Brooke Tyler). Right now only Wayne has made his debut as he help Eric and his dad against Angry Gilmore but once I raise Wayne's pop to the 40's and find a feud for Eric where he needs more help than Enforcer and Wayne can provide I will bring the rest of the family in. My long terms plans is to have them turn face against Eisen who hires a mercenary tag team and orders Enforcer to put them down from there my storyline trails off but this is most likely something that will occur in late-2014 or early-2015.

Another thing I'm planning is giving Natasha Novanov (Nadia Snow managing Marat Kholov) once her pop rises a stable similar to the Chase Agency but while Emma deals with top stars Natasha will deal with bringing International Talent such as Swoop McCarthy and Konrad Makinen.

After all this time, I just noticed that Dawn the Cheerleader starts the game with Creative Control in her contract. In every game I've had going thus far with SWF in 2013, I don't think I've ever ventured down the Dawn vs. Emma path. Think I'm going to go for a new game and plan the entire year around building these two women as the ones pulling all of the strings and ushering out some of the old guard like Faith, Vengeance, & Bruce as they get their own stars up to the top.

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lordmortimer" data-cite="lordmortimer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>More than half of my roster has gimmick rating below the minimum. Do I get penalties for mass gimmick changes?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As far as I know, you won't get penalties for mass gimmick changes. You'll only get a penalty if it says that a gimmick change would be too soon.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is kind of a general TEW question but I'll ask it because I'm playing as SWF so the response should be tailored to a SE company. <p> </p><p> I'm curious as to what people think would be a good average momentum for midcarders. C, pretty much?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think that's a pretty good point for a midcarder. Mine typically range between a D+ and a C.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lo-Drew" data-cite="Lo-Drew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have not tried it yet. What's the set up for 2014 SWF(I haven't downloaded it just yet)?</div></blockquote>There isn't a whole lot of difference in the C-Verse but for me it just feels a lot better. Jack Bruce signed a new 75k contract making him the highest paid star ahead of Champagne Lover. As for the titles McClean is NA, FAG and Prudence ended the All-American's reign before losing to Hero Squad and Jack Bruce dethroned Steve Frehley for title number 5 at SC33.<p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eastwood" data-cite="Eastwood" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Until I read your post I honestly didn't know there was a new 2014 database released. Even though it's pinned to the top of this board I suppose I've subconsciously conditioned myself to skip past the pinned topics that are usually locked and almost never change to the new threads below? Surely an update that big deserves a mention on the main site. Anyway, downloading it now...<p> </p><p> You should definitely keep the title on Bruce. At 100 overness he's possibly the biggest star in the entire world (depending on how your game world has evolved) and isn't getting any younger.</p></div></blockquote>The best part about it is even though he's been beating Remo, Money and Gilmore on PPV those guy's pop has only reason with Remo a high A and Money a low A. Captain Atomic has impressed me most though, while he's struggling to pick up pop as part of hero squad he has pulled an A match with Remo and an A match with Money at 63 pop, I have seriously high hopes for the young man. I've also been very lucky on time decline with Vengeance, Bruce and Money all avoiding the dreaded top 5 (which, by memory, is Faith, Khoklov, McClean, Roberts and another midcarder who slips my mind). Also, Valiant has had a slow but steady rise, after losing his feud with Eric Eisen due to Marat Khoklov he has been determined for revenge which has brought out a newfound edge for the honourable one but he is yet to taste victory against the Russian maiwler. There is so much more from my game that I could mention but I'm on my phone and I'm a one man monologue here, just having so much fun with the new data.

Can somebody help me with an outline of how I should book my shows? I'm constantly getting stuck with shows, I can't seem to get higher than a B rating. I've tried everything, and when I don't get higher than a B, I always hit the back button, go back into the game, and run the show again. Always the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. Supreme TV btw.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="fusionfx!" data-cite="fusionfx!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can somebody help me with an outline of how I should book my shows? I'm constantly getting stuck with shows, I can't seem to get higher than a B rating. I've tried everything, and when I don't get higher than a B, I always hit the back button, go back into the game, and run the show again. Always the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. Supreme TV btw.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do you have dirtsheet on, it's a perfect way to see what's wrong with your matches and rectify it. Having it so that you can see the exactly rating of your show helps a great deal as well so you can see just how much your improving if you're repeating nonstop for that higher grade. I assume SWF has a roster with guys capable of A rating segments as well so make sure you take advantage of those to get your rating up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you have dirtsheet on, it's a perfect way to see what's wrong with your matches and rectify it. Having it so that you can see the exactly rating of your show helps a great deal as well so you can see just how much your improving if you're repeating nonstop for that higher grade. I assume SWF has a roster with guys capable of A rating segments as well so make sure you take advantage of those to get your rating up.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, it's on. I finally have gotten an 84(which is a B+), so I have improved in something. I think it was the opening and the main event matches. The opening had Angry Gilmore losing to Rogue after Eric Eisen's distraction and had an 83 rating, the main event was Vengeance defeating Christian Faith and it had an 87 rating. I don't know what I did to improve it but I did. A question here: what's the most the popularity for the promotion can rise after a show? I can't seem to get a rise in more than 8 regions.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="fusionfx!" data-cite="fusionfx!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, it's on. I finally have gotten an 84(which is a B+), so I have improved in something. I think it was the opening and the main event matches. The opening had Angry Gilmore losing to Rogue after Eric Eisen's distraction and had an 83 rating, the main event was Vengeance defeating Christian Faith and it had an 87 rating. I don't know what I did to improve it but I did. A question here: what's the most the popularity for the promotion can rise after a show? I can't seem to get a rise in more than 8 regions.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Your pop is 84 in US so no rise there and the 8 regions are 5 in Canada and 3 in Mexico.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="fusionfx!" data-cite="fusionfx!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, it's on. I finally have gotten an 84(which is a B+), so I have improved in something. I think it was the opening and the main event matches. The opening had Angry Gilmore losing to Rogue after Eric Eisen's distraction and had an 83 rating, the main event was Vengeance defeating Christian Faith and it had an 87 rating. I don't know what I did to improve it but I did. A question here: what's the most the popularity for the promotion can rise after a show? I can't seem to get a rise in more than 8 regions.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well considering that with WCCW (from the ThunderVerse) I almost always got nearly 30 show rating over my popularity and it was exclusively going up by 1, it must not go that high :/</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rickymex" data-cite="Rickymex" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Your pop is 84 in US so no rise there and the 8 regions are 5 in Canada and 3 in Mexico.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That actually makes sense to me now. Thanks for clarifying. But after I rise to International my popularity in US will rise more or stay the same? Or is importance the thing that is supposed to rise?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="fusionfx!" data-cite="fusionfx!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That actually makes sense to me now. Thanks for clarifying. But after I rise to International my popularity in US will rise more or stay the same? Or is importance the thing that is supposed to rise?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're going to need A rated shows to rise in the US but getting B+ is a safe point considering getting A constantly will be hard until you get deeper in the game and move the roster around. International is dependent on your importance in the US and Canada so hitting B+ will take you there unless there's a Importance loss in a Canadian region.</p>

You're going to need A rated shows to rise in the US but getting B+ is a safe point considering getting A constantly will be hard until you get deeper in the game and move the roster around. International is dependent on your importance in the US and Canada so hitting B+ will take you there unless there's a Importance loss in a Canadian region.

The one thing that gets me is placing the segments in the right order. It seems harder for me than most people.

The one thing that gets me is placing the segments in the right order. It seems harder for me than most people.

Yeah. I'm a proponent of newer players turning PST(Perfect Show Theory) off until you get a good grasp of how to play and book. It's easier to learn how to play without it being on, IMO. Just my two cents.

Yeah. I'm a proponent of newer players turning PST(Perfect Show Theory) off until you get a good grasp of how to play and book. It's easier to learn how to play without it being on, IMO. Just my two cents.

I always play with it off. I just can't grasp the whole "placing the segments on the card correctly" thing.

I always play with it off. I just can't grasp the whole "placing the segments on the card correctly" thing.

I used to have similiar problems and it drove me nuts. I picked up a formula from someone (can't remember who or when) that has worked for me since so I hope it works for you. It breaks down like this:

Opening segment involving a main eventer

Match 1: lower mid carder vs main event er like faith or vengeance

Match 2: mid carder

Match 3: mid carder

Segment involving a main eventer

Match 4: upper mid carder

Match 5: upper mid carder vs main eventer

Segment involving main eventer

Match 6: main event involving at least your two most over stars/best workers

This produces B+ to A cards for me but makes for kind of generic television if you think too far into real world circumstances haha but like I said works for me maybe it will work for you.

Also remember that the show is rated on matches and angles:

70% - Main Event

20% - Semi-Main Event

10% - Rest of The Card

70% - Best Angle

20% - Second Best Angle

10% - Third Best Angle

Hope that I'm right but somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways I always have Gilmore in either the main or semi depending on how strong a match I can get out of the others. For angles a Rich Money or Jack Bruce singles promos is quite good as well as Emma Chase rated on Entertainment and Brandon on menace (until his overness improve) ranting about Jack Bruce.

Another thing would be lowering the match ratio to 50 for a while as you arrange your roster and move everyone to a position you're comfortable with.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ram_Diablo" data-cite="Ram_Diablo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I used to have similiar problems and it drove me nuts. I picked up a formula from someone (can't remember who or when) that has worked for me since so I hope it works for you. It breaks down like this:<p> </p><p> Opening segment involving a main eventer </p><p> Match 1: lower mid carder vs main event er like faith or vengeance </p><p> Match 2: mid carder</p><p> Match 3: mid carder</p><p> Segment involving a main eventer </p><p> Match 4: upper mid carder </p><p> Match 5: upper mid carder vs main eventer</p><p> Segment involving main eventer</p><p> Match 6: main event involving at least your two most over stars/best workers</p><p> </p><p> This produces B+ to A cards for me but makes for kind of generic television if you think too far into real world circumstances haha but like I said works for me maybe it will work for you.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rickymex" data-cite="Rickymex" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also remember that the show is rated on matches and angles:<p> </p><p> 70% - Main Event</p><p> 20% - Semi-Main Event</p><p> 10% - Rest of The Card</p><p> </p><p> 70% - Best Angle</p><p> 20% - Second Best Angle</p><p> 10% - Third Best Angle</p><p> </p><p> Hope that I'm right but somebody correct me if I'm wrong.</p><p> </p><p> Anyways I always have Gilmore in either the main or semi depending on how strong a match I can get out of the others. For angles a Rich Money or Jack Bruce singles promos is quite good as well as Emma Chase rated on Entertainment and Brandon on menace (until his overness improve) ranting about Jack Bruce.</p><p> </p><p> Another thing would be lowering the match ratio to 50 for a while as you arrange your roster and move everyone to a position you're comfortable with.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I appreciate both of your comments. Ram_Diablo, I'll have to give that formula a try. Also Rickymex, I already have my match ratio lowered to 60, would 50 be better?</p>

Archived