DOTM: January 2013 Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken and The Final Countdown for the layout here.

2. You have 3 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

3. All non-Cornellverse diaries (both real world and fantasy) have been combined into a 'Mod' category.

4. You may substitute your C-Verse nomination for a 2nd Mod nomination, or vice versa.

5. Please place a link to the diary you are nominating.

6. In the Monthly Spotlight category, you will single out a specific aspect of a diary that particularly impressed you over the course of the month, be it a match, show, angle, storyline, development of a character, etc.

7. You may not nominate yourself

8. All nominations must include a reason

9. Nominations do NOT need a second. So, once a diary has been nominated PLEASE do NOT nominate it again!

10. No Rookie DOTM this month so everyone qualifies for Cornellverse/Mod DOTM.

11. Monthly Spotlight: Minimum requirement of one show during the current month.

12. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self, Phantom Stranger, jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette and NoNeck.

13. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

14. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

Mod DOTM Nominee's:

Cornellverse DOTM Nominee's:

Monthly Spotlight Nominee's:

Nominations will be open until February 1st 2013 (12 pm Pacific Time)

CVerse DOTM

I was torn up between Belton's PWZ and 3rdStringPG's SWF as my choice. In the end I went for Belton's PWZ A great dynasty with engaging characters and Damian Dastardly features in it. What is not to love? :p

Mod DOTM

Only one real choice for me (Sorry jhd) but MJStark walks it for me mod wise with GAW. MJStark and GAW The ideas behind the characters and dedication behind the shows is fantastic. Plus he's making old people relevant. And that's a hard task. :p

I'm going to go with...

CVerse

SWF: Where Men Become LEGENDS by Eisen-verse. I may have to read each show in three sittings, but the booking and writing is superb.

Mod

GAW - Nostalgia Deluxe 2013 by MJStark. I was originally going to go for a monthly spotlight with this one, but I couldn't decide between ZomCHI, the PIs, the Battle of the Bands, and so on, so I figured it had so much going for it that it had to be my Mod nomination!

Monthly Spotlight

For me, it has to be the four-way tag title match on Night Two from Gureisu Pro, Wrestling is Fun by MichiganHero. Again, originally I was simply going to go for one of the teams on its own but couldn't decide which. Fortunately they were all in the same match! Four fantastically creative, and very fun teams.

We should be up to date but remember that diaries do NOT need to be seconded. So anyone who has nominated a diary after it was nominated has an extra nomination out there. :) Also remember

7.All nominations must include a reason

And it is always appreciated when a link to the diary is included. Makes my job a little easier.

C Verse = Welcome to the Reinvention by infinitywpi. Shows that a good dynasty doesn't need amazing graphics.

Sorry I haven't put the link in; how do you add the link to your post then rename it?

There is a picture above that has the world and a chain link. Click on that and add in the url. Once that is done, you can place the name for the highlighted text.

C-Verse: I'd also nominate JD Morgan in the 21st Century by the21stcentury. He definitely deserves a chance, as his story is well-written and very enjoyable to read.

Monthly Spotlight: Well, if one really nominate virtually everything here, I'd suggest Pro Wrestling Zero for a very, very great "behind-the-scenes-narration" (sounds weird, hope you know what I mean). He's able to make me completely feel like I knew the characters he's working with and that's awesome.

Pro Wrestling Zero by Belton - great writing, great workers, great booking. An incredibly well-written diary where the writer is also experiencing tremendous success in-game. He has a plan and has stuck to it, and his storylines (on-screen and behind the scenes) are fantastic.

9.Nominations do NOT need a second. So, once a diary has been nominated PLEASE do NOT nominate it again!

CVerse

I'm gonna go ahead and nominate Self's CGC (8RoW) dynasty called "On With The Show". Did the most recent advertisement for his pay-per-view clinch it? Possibly. Still, having to base everything around the DeColts usually bores me to tears, but Self has done an excellent job using the DeColts to boost up his other characters as well.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523118

Monthly Spotlight

I'm going to go with the relationship between Darryl Devine and Alanis in Occasional Z's Emerald Pro Wrestling diary. He writes the couple really well and Devine's character feels so real to me. Just a guy trying to live out his dream with a beautiful, strong woman by his side.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522904

EDIT: Also, thanks ADL for doing this again. Always fun to see what I should be reading and give writers the props they deserve.

Anyway, I don't have any nominations for dynasies (Either the ones I like have been nominated already, or I'm torn between which of two ro three to moninate), but I do have a spotlight nomination:

CZCW's Sweeter Than Wine post #100, a mini-article that has multiple characters and gets the characterization on them all spot-on. I don't know if doing it for post #100 was planned, but it just seems to lend it a bit of je ne sais quoi about it.

*Banging My Head On Desk*

People, I am going to stop doing this if you cannot follow a very simple rule! Once a diary has been nominated, I should NOT see another nomination for it. Period. This is ONLY the nomination phase! The voting phase will come after February 1st in a poll that will be placed up. If it happens again, the offender will lose nomination rights for a month for not following the rules.

People, I am going to stop doing this if you cannot follow a very simple rule! Once a diary has been nominated, I should NOT see another nomination for it. Period. This is ONLY the nomination phase! The voting phase will come after February 1st in a poll that will be placed up. If it happens again, the offender will lose nomination rights for a month for not following the rules.

Ooo, I know! I'll nominate Pro Wrestling Zero, by...

I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Put the chair down, ADL. :)

You should probably make that rule bold and change its font size to 48. I guess around 80% will then read it (;

Oh, i am extremely sorry.

In that case i nominate for C-verse "The Bad Boys Of Pro Wrestling" We are ELITE by Jingo.

It's very difficult to handle such a high risque content in a dynasty but Jingo does it full justice.

While I really do appreciate your nomination my GAW diary had already been nominated twice so you might want to choose another mod diary ;)

Archived