The League, Season Seven (Under New Management)

Use this thread to post character sheets/discuss The League's return until the official season seven thread is created.

Character sheet below!

***THE GDS WRESTLING SPIRIT II LEAGUE APPLICATION***

Character Name:

Short Name:

Birth Month:

Birth Year:

Bio: (Note: make this as long as you'd like; I'll trim it some to fit a WS2 bio but keep the original mainly untouched for thread usage)

Size: (pick one)

Very Small (Divas)

Small (Rey Mysterio)

Lightweight (Jeff Hardy)

Middleweight (John Cena/CM Punk)

Heavyweight (Triple H)

Large Heavyweight (Batista/Bubba Ray Dudley)

Super Heavyweight (Mark Henry)

Giant (The Big Show/Great Khali)

Wrestler Style: Normal, Brawler, MMA Crossover, Strong Style, Technician, Cruiserweight, Super Junior, Spot Monkey, Psychopath, Entertainer, Lucha Libre (pick one)

Bias: Face/Heel

Nationality: American, Canadian, Mexican, Japanese, English, European, Australian, Other (pick one)

Based in: US, Canada, Japan, Mexico, UK, Europe (pick one)

Language Skills: (None, Basic, Passing, or Fluent in the following)

English:

Spanish:

French:

Japanese:

German:

Italian:

Personality: Very Nice, Driven, Joker, Jackass, Manipulative, Bitter, Normal, Free Spirit (pick one)

Attitude: Politician, Master Politician, Egomaniac, Selfish, Normal, Professional (pick one)

Employment: Normal/Freelance (pick one)

Traits (yes/no)

Highly Religious Person:

Is Known to Use Steroids:

Has Problems With the Law:

Alcoholic:

Drug User (regular user of the "harder" drugs):

Special Traits (Yes/No)

Becomes a Raging Bull when Bleeding:

Adrenaline Rush ("He's Hulking up!"):

Bleeds a Lot (Ric Flair):

Samoan Skull (Headshrinkers, Umaga, etc.):

Undead Selling (Undertaker):

Expert at Dirty Tactics (Ric Flair, Roddy Piper):

2 x 4 Factor (can put on a good match against a plank of wood):

Skins the Cat during matches (Shawn Michaels, pre-back injury):

Cannot climb to the top rope (Yokozuna):

Gets to the top rope in one leap (RVD):

POPULARITY

Everyone will start with 15% worldwide popularity.

Pick three areas of the world from the list below. One of those areas (your pick) becomes 24%, another becomes 21%, and the third becomes 18%.

Now, pick three other areas. One of those areas becomes 6%, another becomes 9%, and the last becomes 12%.

Your popularity determines your initial energy level, so those who are more popular in an area are more likely to win, etc.

In any event, here are the different areas in the game. Please indicate to which areas you wish to apply the modifiers listed above.

UNITED STATES

New England

Tri-State

Mid-Atlantic

South East

Mid-South

Great Lakes

Midwest

South West

North West

Puerto Rico

CANADA

British Columbia

The Maritimes

Ontario

Quebec

The Prairies

MEXICO

North

West Central

Southeast

JAPAN

Chubu

Chugoku

Hokkaido

Kanto

Kinki

Kyushu

Shikoku

Tohoku

UNITED KINGDOM

Midlands

North

Scotland

South

EUROPE

Western

Central

Eastern

Moves: Based on the style of wrestler chosen and the size of the wrestler, a default set of moves will be made by the CPU.

For signature and finishing moves, create a name for the move and describe it. If the move is based off a wrestling move, then that description alone will suffice.

Signature Move:

Finisher:

Not sure if SF did this, but I'm bumping the limit of starting signature moves up to 3. 1 has always felt a bit low to me but anymore than 3 is over kill IMO.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks awfully familiar..... :p

Anyhow, I mentioned to MH that I'd help with technical concerns should they arise--and after six seasons, trust me that they WILL arise at some point--and he has all of the character pages I had made for everyone. Note that Season Six Playoff stuff has not been factored into the character pages yet, MH. Apparently I had neglected to do those in my rush to finish Season Six.

He also has a copy of my old spreadsheet, so all of the formulae and such that I had added into the things should carry over properly. If not, I'll have to go fix it, simple as that. Also note that the figures in the spreadsheet are correct and have factored in the Season Six stuff, so use that to make sure everything is updated and accurate.

Also, note that A) I do not intend to join in season seven, as I'd like to watch a season from outside the thing given two years in the trenches with it, and B ) If/When I return for a season eight, I will not be bringing Phoenix back. He's already proved to the critics that he has nothing left to accomplish, and he has earned his retirement.

That said, I'll leave MH to the running of the game.

Dammit, I've got two characters I want to use. Most likely will pick Sam, but I might change my mind.

Character Name: Psycho Sam

Short Name: Sam

Birth Month: January

Birth Year: 1987

Bio: (Note: make this as long as you'd like; I'll trim it some to fit a WS2 bio but keep the original mainly untouched for thread usage)

A member of The League in Season 6, Psycho Sam has returned to wreak more havoc over the roster. He splits his time between working for The League and working for High Octane Wrestling.

He is famed for his 'Deadman' Selling.

Very Small (Divas)

Small (Rey Mysterio)

Lightweight (Jeff Hardy)

Heavyweight (Triple H)

Wrestler Style: Normal, Brawler, MMA Crossover, Strong Style, Technician, Cruiserweight, Super Junior, Spot Monkey, Psychopath, Entertainer, Lucha Libre (pick one)

Nationality: American, Canadian, Mexican, Japanese, English, European, Australian, Other (pick one)

English: Fluent

Spanish: None

French: None

Japanese: Basic

German: None

Italian: None

Swearing: Fluent

Personality: Very Nice, Driven, Joker, Jackass, Manipulative, Bitter, Normal, Free Spirit (pick one)

Attitude: Politician, Master Politician, Egomaniac, Selfish, Normal, Professional (pick one)

Traits (yes/no)

Highly Religious Person: No

Is Known to Use Steroids: Yes

Has Problems With the Law: Yes

Alcoholic: Yes

Drug User (regular user of the "harder" drugs): Yes

Special Traits (Yes/No)

Becomes a Raging Bull when Bleeding: No

Adrenaline Rush ("He's Hulking up!"): No

Bleeds a Lot (Ric Flair): No

Samoan Skull (Headshrinkers, Umaga, etc.): Yes

Undead Selling (Undertaker): Yes

Expert at Dirty Tactics (Ric Flair, Roddy Piper): Yes

2 x 4 Factor (can put on a good match against a plank of wood): No

Skins the Cat during matches (Shawn Michaels, pre-back injury): No

Cannot climb to the top rope (Yokozuna): No

Gets to the top rope in one leap (RVD):No

POPULARITY

Pick three areas of the world from the list below. One of those areas (your pick) becomes 24%, another becomes 21%, and the third becomes 18%.

Now, pick three other areas. One of those areas becomes 6%, another becomes 9%, and the last becomes 12%.

Your popularity determines your initial energy level, so those who are more popular in an area are more likely to win, etc.

In any event, here are the different areas in the game. Please indicate to which areas you wish to apply the modifiers listed above.

UNITED STATES

New England

Tri-State

Mid-Atlantic 21 (Worked for PSW)

South East

Mid-South 6 (Dunno why)

Great Lakes

Midwest

South West 9 (Rival Scott Stevens resides there (check out Season 6))

North West

Puerto Rico

CANADA

British Columbia

The Maritimes

Ontario

Quebec

The Prairies

MEXICO

North

West Central

Southeast 12 (While famed for his Hurricanrana, he once tried to smuggle some drugs)

JAPAN

Chubu

Chugoku

Hokkaido

Kanto

Kinki

Kyushu

Shikoku

Tohoku 24(Worked for Big Battle Wrestling)

UNITED KINGDOM

Midlands

North

Scotland 18

South

EUROPE

Western

Central

Eastern

Moves: Based on the style of wrestler chosen and the size of the wrestler, a default set of moves will be made by the CPU.

Oh yeah. Anything that can cause a DQ will be used. He's a brawler by nature. That, and make sure to use the Stripper Dance somewhere.

For signature and finishing moves, create a name for the move and describe it. If the move is based off a wrestling move, then that description alone will suffice.

Signature Move: Hurricanrana, Capture DDT (Capture Spulex into DDT), Wrath of Loki (Used to be Venomous Wrath Of Sullivan, it is a Crossface, with the nails digging into the opponent's forehead)

Finisher: F*ck You Lariato (Lariat while flipping off the crowd), Murder In The Asylumn (Leg Trap Powerbomb)

Can we say Phoenix helps out with the League in a backstage role?

Dunno yet.

Also, MH has the database so all your moves from the past should still be intact. Same with managers, etc. (Not sure how you wanna rule on that, MH )

I'll carry everything over other than money. That way everyone new and old starts on the same balance but existing characters still have their skills and any free points left over.

Figured I'd fill in an application so that there are a couple of examples floating about. (Secretly, the whole thing is so I can show off Ezekial's fancy new picture. :p)

Worker Picture

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o765/Wrestlesaurus_X/Newzekial.jpg

Character Name: Ezekial Kerghan

Short Name: Ezekial

Birth Month: September

Birth Year: 1980

Bio: To say Ezekial Kerghan is mad is an understatement. Combining sheer brutality with an untold intelligence, Ezekial is an unpredictable foe. After leaving The Dog Pound, partially due to him nearly killing a local jobber in a match, he set his sights on The League. He disappeared mysteriously after season four only to show up at the end of season six.

Very Small (Divas)

Small (Rey Mysterio)

Lightweight (Jeff Hardy)

Heavyweight (Triple H)

Spanish: Passable

French: Basic

Japanese: Basic

Traits (yes/no)

Is Known to Use Steroids: No

Has Problems With the Law: Yes

Alcoholic: No

Drug User (regular user of the "harder" drugs): No

Special Traits (Yes/No)

Becomes a Raging Bull when Bleeding: Yes

Bleeds a Lot (Ric Flair): Yes

Samoan Skull (Headshrinkers, Umaga, etc.): No

Undead Selling (Undertaker): No

Expert at Dirty Tactics (Ric Flair, Roddy Piper): No

2 x 4 Factor (can put on a good match against a plank of wood): No

Gets to the top rope in one leap (RVD): No

POPULARITY

UNITED STATES

New England

Tri-State - 21% (Did a stint with DaVE in between The Dog Pound and The League)

Mid-Atlantic - 9% (Brutally beat MJC in a trial match.)

South East

Mid-South

Great Lakes

Midwest

South West

North West

Puerto Rico

CANADA

British Columbia

The Maritimes

Ontario

Quebec

The Prairies

MEXICO

North

West Central

Southeast

JAPAN

Chubu

Chugoku

Hokkaido

Kanto

Kinki

Kyushu

Shikoku

Tohoku

UNITED KINGDOM

Midlands

North

Scotland - 24% (Home country and the fans love the psychotic fella)

South - 6% (England hates psychos who dress in Hawaiian shirts)

EUROPE

Western - 12% (He's not a fan of the French)

Central

Eastern - 18% (His great great great grandaddy is Romanian!)

Signature Moves: That Move I Just Killed With (Violence Party)

Sliding Death (Sliding D)

Redeem Thee and They Will Fall II (Panic Attack followed by Shadows Over Hell)

Finisher: Redemption II (Inverted GTS)

I'm in. Ill post my stuff when I get home.

Excellent. You'll lose to me again.

Diamond and Jayde will return.

:D

Nuclear Templeton still has a championship to win damnit! He's the most winningest guy the League ever had and he's going to be champion. Rumours of him needing to pay off some debts to some shady men are grossly exaggerated....

LARIATO!!!! Wanna reform Team LARIATO!!!

The current reigning champion will of course be back :D

Good. You'll be dropping the title to me again...:)

Well ladies, here is a new applicant for The League :D

Character Name: “All Business” Connor Blackstone

Short Name: Blackstone

Birth Month: June

Birth Year: 1987

Bio: “All Business” Connor Blackstone is a young worker who can take to the air just as easily as keeping to the mat. He is a fine all-around worker who can be relied upon to work well with any type of opponent. With no real weaknesses in his game, Connor is looking to become a star by joining The League and going against the best of the best. Equally adept at playing it clean or taking short-cuts, Blackstone does not lack confidence in his ability.

Very Small (Divas)

Small (Rey Mysterio)

Lightweight (Jeff Hardy)

Heavyweight (Triple H)

Spanish: None

French: Passable

Japanese: None

Traits (yes/no)

Is Known to Use Steroids: No

Has Problems With the Law: No

Alcoholic: No

Drug User (regular user of the "harder" drugs): No

Special Traits (Yes/No)

Becomes a Raging Bull when Bleeding: No

Bleeds a Lot (Ric Flair): No

Samoan Skull (Headshrinkers, Umaga, etc.): No

Undead Selling (Undertaker): No

Expert at Dirty Tactics (Ric Flair, Roddy Piper): Yes

2 x 4 Factor (can put on a good match against a plank of wood): Yes

Gets to the top rope in one leap (RVD): Yes

POPULARITY

UNITED STATES

New England

Tri-State

Mid-Atlantic

South East

Mid-South

Great Lakes

Midwest 18

South West 9

North West 24

Puerto Rico

CANADA

British Columbia

The Maritimes

Ontario 21

Quebec

The Prairies

MEXICO

North

West Central

Southeast

JAPAN

Chubu

Chugoku

Hokkaido

Kanto

Kinki

Kyushu

Shikoku

Tohoku

UNITED KINGDOM

Midlands

North

Scotland 12

South

EUROPE

Western 6

Central

Eastern

Signature Moves: Slingshot Legdrop, Short Arm Clothesline, Facebreaker DDT

Finisher: Done Deal (Fireman’s Carry Face Crusher)

How does that work for returning people???

I don't have move lists in the pack SF sent over (Not that I know of anyways) so for now, everyone can pick 3 signature moves and 1 finisher.

Just to clarify as well, if you have an existing manager they will be carried over but if you want a new manager, that will have to be paid for. :)

I don't have move lists in the pack SF sent over (Not that I know of anyways) so for now, everyone can pick 3 signature moves and 1 finisher.

Just to clarify as well, if you have an existing manager they will be carried over but if you want a new manager, that will have to be paid for. :)

What about if we have multiple finishers already bought?

Uh...you wanna double-check on that for me, please? The WS2 Database files I sent over should have had the movesets also included, as well as all the purchased moves and such over the last six seasons. I'm fairly certain that's in there.... (moveset.ws2, I think the file is?)

Uh...you wanna double-check on that for me, please? The WS2 Database files I sent over should have had the movesets also included, as well as all the purchased moves and such over the last six seasons. I'm fairly certain that's in there.... (moveset.ws2, I think the file is?)

Chalk this up to a derp moment where my entire brain shut down. I have the files, everything is here. I'm heading to get some well needed sleep. :o

Here's the old bio with a few changes and additions.

Character Name: "The Scorpion" Scott Stevens

Short Name: Scorpion

Birth Month: January

Birth Year: 1976

Very Small (Divas)

Small (Rey Mysterio)

Lightweight (Jeff Hardy)

Middleweight (John Cena/CM Punk) (His size is to Antonio Cesaro & Cena) (He's a heavyweight but not the massive Triple H size)

Heavyweight (Triple H)

English: fluent

Spanish: passing

French: none

Japanese: basic

German: basic

Italian: none

Traits (yes/no)

Highly Religious Person: no

Is Known to Use Steroids: yes

Has Problems With the Law: no

Alcoholic: no

Drug User (regular user of the "harder" drugs): no

Special Traits (Yes/No)

Becomes a Raging Bull when Bleeding: no

Adrenaline Rush ("He's Hulking up!"): no

Bleeds a Lot (Ric Flair): yes

Samoan Skull (Headshrinkers, Umaga, etc.): no

Undead Selling (Undertaker): no

Expert at Dirty Tactics (Ric Flair, Roddy Piper): yes

2 x 4 Factor (can put on a good match against a plank of wood): yes

Skins the Cat during matches (Shawn Michaels, pre-back injury): no

Cannot climb to the top rope (Yokozuna): no

Gets to the top rope in one leap (RVD): yes

POPULARITY

(I know these will be different on my bio since they are being imported over from last season)

UNITED STATES

New England

Tri-State

Mid-Atlantic

South East 18% (Stevens family are wrestling legends in the South)

Mid-South 24% (Home Region/From Texas)

Great Lakes

Midwest

South West 21% (Stevens family are wrestling legends in the South)

North West

Puerto Rico

CANADA

British Columbia 12% (Wife's family is from here and The Stevens family had a taled rivalry with the Barbosas)

The Maritimes

Ontario

Quebec

The Prairies

MEXICO

North

West Central

Southeast 9%

JAPAN

Chubu

Chugoku

Hokkaido

Kanto

Kinki

Kyushu

Shikoku

Tohoku

UNITED KINGDOM

Midlands

North

Scotland

South

EUROPE

Western 6%

Central

Eastern

SIGNATURE: Scorpion Driver (Standing--Tombstone Piledriver)

SIGNATURE: Venomous Wrath of Selket (Standing--Crossface Takedown Submission)

SIGNATURE: Arachnophobia (Ground--Scorpion Deathlock)

FINISHER: Remember the Alamo (Strike--Superkick)

FINISHER: Toxic Sting (Standing--Stunner)

Archived