The League, Season Seven (Under New Management)

Hm...can we use future C-Verse characters (like Ash Campbell, DWN, Jay Chord, etc.)?

I'd say no but if we are a few players short (IIRC we have 14 and 16 would be a great number to start off) then I'm not against adding them. So basically, if we still have the same number of people at the end of the sign up period then I'll put it to a vote to see what future characters we use.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atomic Pizza Cutter, not Crusher.

Also noticed the Cosmic Alignment in the writeup, I assume the Cosmic Anomaly is also in the moveset?

So let's see.... make the Cosmic Alignment the Turbo Garlic Knot (Set the lionsault, but instead of a moonsault, a phoenix elbow drop), and Cosmic Anomaly the ASTRAL HEAT: Thermonuclear Pizza Cutter (Opponent on the top rope, SPM3T climbs up behind him, and does a diamond dust off the top rope).

I think there might be another special move or two I didn't re-assign, if so lemme know

EDIT- I should keep track of exactly how many special moves PM3 has, especially if he does another gimmick change (and if we do Season 8, he might, I have an idea >.>)

I just noticed that Nuclear still has Coach set as his manager, I think a lot of manager contracts should have expired after the last season so you might need to go fix that for the main season. Don't want Nuclear getting advantages he shouldn't have, especially since he's going to be undefeated for the rest of the season! Hopefully. :)

Hmm...in theory, you would be right, but who knows?

And...let's see the changes I have...

GET RID OF: The Rock as my manager. In kayfabe, Rock left him. :o

GET RID OF: Over Rotaterd Delfin Clutch. He's on a definite downslope.

CHANGE: Rocky Body. Since The Rock left him, and I still want to kill someone (which I sadly didn't do to Bao last season), just treat it as an mandible claw while trying to have his opponent swallow a...kendo stick

CHANGE: The Biography

***THE GDS WRESTLING SPIRIT II LEAGUE APPLICATION***

Character Name: Psycho Sam

Short Name: Sam

Birth Month: January

Birth Year: 1987

Bio: (Note: make this as long as you'd like; I'll trim it some to fit a WS2 bio but keep the original mainly untouched for thread usage)

A member of The League in Season 6, Psycho Sam has returned to wreak more havoc over the roster. He used to split his time between working for The League and working for High Octane Wrestling, but now solely works for The League.

He now carries a kendo stick to the ring for some reason.

He is famed for his 'Deadman' Selling.

Size: (pick one)

Very Small (Divas)

Small (Rey Mysterio)

Lightweight (Jeff Hardy)

Middleweight (John Cena/CM Punk)

Heavyweight (Triple H)

Large Heavyweight (Batista/Bubba Ray Dudley)

Super Heavyweight (Mark Henry)

Giant (The Big Show/Great Khali)

Wrestler Style: Normal, Brawler, MMA Crossover, Strong Style, Technician, Cruiserweight, Super Junior, Spot Monkey, Psychopath, Entertainer, Lucha Libre (pick one)

Bias: Face/Heel

Nationality: American, Canadian, Mexican, Japanese, English, European, Australian, Other (pick one)

Based in: US, Canada, Japan, Mexico, UK, Europe (pick one)

Language Skills: (None, Basic, Passing, or Fluent in the following)

English: Fluent

Spanish: None

French: None

Japanese: Basic

German: None

Italian: None

Swearing: Fluent

Personality: Very Nice, Driven, Joker, Jackass, Manipulative, Bitter, Normal, Free Spirit (pick one)

Attitude: Politician, Master Politician, Egomaniac, Selfish, Normal, Professional (pick one)

Employment: Normal/Freelance (pick one)

Traits (yes/no)

Highly Religious Person: No

Is Known to Use Steroids: Yes

Has Problems With the Law: Yes

Alcoholic: Yes

Drug User (regular user of the "harder" drugs): Yes

Special Traits (Yes/No)

Becomes a Raging Bull when Bleeding: No

Adrenaline Rush ("He's Hulking up!"): No

Bleeds a Lot (Ric Flair): No

Samoan Skull (Headshrinkers, Umaga, etc.): Yes

Undead Selling (Undertaker): Yes

Expert at Dirty Tactics (Ric Flair, Roddy Piper): Yes

2 x 4 Factor (can put on a good match against a plank of wood): No

Skins the Cat during matches (Shawn Michaels, pre-back injury): No

Cannot climb to the top rope (Yokozuna): No

Gets to the top rope in one leap (RVD):No

POPULARITY

Everyone will start with 15% worldwide popularity.

Pick three areas of the world from the list below. One of those areas (your pick) becomes 24%, another becomes 21%, and the third becomes 18%.

Now, pick three other areas. One of those areas becomes 6%, another becomes 9%, and the last becomes 12%.

Your popularity determines your initial energy level, so those who are more popular in an area are more likely to win, etc.

In any event, here are the different areas in the game. Please indicate to which areas you wish to apply the modifiers listed above.

UNITED STATES

New England

Tri-State

Mid-Atlantic 21 (Worked for PSW)

South East

Mid-South 6 (Dunno why)

Great Lakes

Midwest

South West 9 (Rival Scott Stevens resides there (check out Season 6))

North West

Puerto Rico

CANADA

British Columbia

The Maritimes

Ontario

Quebec

The Prairies

MEXICO

North

West Central

Southeast 12 (While famed for his Hurricanrana, he once tried to smuggle some drugs)

JAPAN

Chubu

Chugoku

Hokkaido

Kanto

Kinki

Kyushu

Shikoku

Tohoku 24(Worked for Big Battle Wrestling)

UNITED KINGDOM

Midlands

North

Scotland 18

South

EUROPE

Western

Central

Eastern

Moves: Based on the style of wrestler chosen and the size of the wrestler, a default set of moves will be made by the CPU.

Oh yeah. Anything that can cause a DQ will be used. He's a brawler by nature. That, and make sure to use the Stripper Dance somewhere.

For signature and finishing moves, create a name for the move and describe it. If the move is based off a wrestling move, then that description alone will suffice.

Signature Move: Hurricanrana, Capture DDT (Capture Spulex into DDT), Wrath of Loki (Used to be Venomous Wrath Of Sullivan, it is a Crossface, with the nails digging into the opponent's forehead)

Finisher: F*ck You Lariato (Lariat while flipping off the crowd), Murder In The Asylumn (Leg Trap Powerbomb)

Can we say Phoenix helps out with the League in a backstage role?

I just noticed that Nuclear still has Coach set as his manager, I think a lot of manager contracts should have expired after the last season so you might need to go fix that for the main season. Don't want Nuclear getting advantages he shouldn't have, especially since he's going to be undefeated for the rest of the season! Hopefully. :)

I left managers in just for the cup. (Read as I forgot to take them away. :p)

• 3 weeks later...
Is this still going?

Indeed. No one else has signed up so for the next couple of days, people can suggest two people who debuted after the start date of WreSpi 2 to join The League. Only two and they must be from the Cornellverse, I don't want to see cross-universe mix-ups concerning Eric Lothario! :p

Are you going to nuke the stats of any default roster guys? I would imagine that they would be much better than most of us.

I can handle a second created character if needed.

Yeah. Basically set them so they are just starting in the business. Alternatively, if anyone existing wants to create a secondary character feel free to do so. :)

I had Ash Campbell as an idea for ages.

I'll be willing to handle Campbell.

***THE GDS WRESTLING SPIRIT II LEAGUE APPLICATION***

Character Name: Ash Campbell

Short Name: Campbell

Birth Month: February

Birth Year: 1988

Bio: Ash Campbell has definite pedigree, being the son of the famous wrestler John 'Nemesis' Campbell. He has inherited his father's charisma, and that means that Campbell is likely to be a very hot prospect once he matures fully. Given his obvious links to DAVE, it came as no surprise when Ash turned up in Mitch Naess' Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling promotion shortly after it began. Since joining PSW, Ash has risen up the rankings quickly, although his transformation in recent years from a thin athletic build to a much chunkier version (again, echoing his dad) has called into question his motivation and training habits.

Size: (pick one)

Very Small (Divas)

Small (Rey Mysterio)

Lightweight (Jeff Hardy)

Middleweight (John Cena/CM Punk)

Heavyweight (Triple H)

Large Heavyweight (Batista/Bubba Ray Dudley)

Super Heavyweight (Mark Henry)

Giant (The Big Show/Great Khali)

Wrestler Style: Normal, Brawler, MMA Crossover, Strong Style, Technician, Cruiserweight, Super Junior, Spot Monkey, Psychopath, Entertainer, Lucha Libre (pick one)

Bias: Face/Heel

Nationality: American, Canadian, Mexican, Japanese, English, European, Australian, Other (pick one)

Based in: US, Canada, Japan, Mexico, UK, Europe (pick one)

Language Skills: (None, Basic, Passing, or Fluent in the following)

English: Fluent

Spanish: None

French: None

Japanese: None

German: None

Italian: None

Personality: Very Nice, Driven, Joker, Jackass, Manipulative, Bitter, Normal, Free Spirit (pick one)

Attitude: Politician, Master Politician, Egomaniac, Selfish, Normal, Professional (pick one)

Employment: Normal/Freelance (pick one)

Traits (yes/no)

Highly Religious Person: No

Is Known to Use Steroid: No

Has Problems With the Law: No

Alcoholic: No

Drug User (regular user of the "harder" drugs): Yes

Special Traits (Yes/No)

Becomes a Raging Bull when Bleeding: No

Adrenaline Rush ("He's Hulking up!"): No

Bleeds a Lot (Ric Flair): No

Samoan Skull (Headshrinkers, Umaga, etc.): No

Undead Selling (Undertaker): No

Expert at Dirty Tactics (Ric Flair, Roddy Piper): Yes

2 x 4 Factor (can put on a good match against a plank of wood): Yes

Skins the Cat during matches (Shawn Michaels, pre-back injury): Yes

Cannot climb to the top rope (Yokozuna): No

Gets to the top rope in one leap (RVD): Yes

POPULARITY

Everyone will start with 15% worldwide popularity.

Pick three areas of the world from the list below. One of those areas (your pick) becomes 24%, another becomes 21%, and the third becomes 18%.

Now, pick three other areas. One of those areas becomes 6%, another becomes 9%, and the last becomes 12%.

Your popularity determines your initial energy level, so those who are more popular in an area are more likely to win, etc.

In any event, here are the different areas in the game. Please indicate to which areas you wish to apply the modifiers listed above.

UNITED STATES

New England

Tri-State 21

Mid-Atlantic 24

South East

Mid-South

Great Lakes

Midwest

South West

North West

Puerto Rico 9

CANADA

British Columbia

The Maritimes

Ontario

Quebec 12

The Prairies

MEXICO

North

West Central

Southeast

JAPAN

Chubu

Chugoku

Hokkaido

Kanto

Kinki

Kyushu

Shikoku

Tohoku 18

UNITED KINGDOM

Midlands

North

Scotland

South

EUROPE

Western

Central

Eastern 6

Moves: Based on the style of wrestler chosen and the size of the wrestler, a default set of moves will be made by the CPU.

For signature and finishing moves, create a name for the move and describe it. If the move is based off a wrestling move, then that description alone will suffice.

Signature Move: Ash 2 Ash (Cutter), Campbell DDT (Reverse Tornado DDT), Double Arm DDT

Finisher: Shooting Star Press

• 2 weeks later...
What's next?

Truthfully? I'm not sure. It would be nice if I could get one extra person in but at the same time I'm not going to have a great deal of time in the next month as uni stuff all becomes due in at the same time. Me being me, I never thought about it at the time and loaded my plate with stuff.

So to answer the question, I'm not too sure about what is next. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. Here's what's happening.

MH has had some problems with unlicensing the game to move his computer to a better laptop, so he's tasked me with keeping the this up to date.

Given that it's been a couple of weeks since the forums were updated, I'll ask if anyone wants to stay in for Season 7.

Okay. Here's what's happening.

MH has had some problems with unlicensing the game to move his computer to a better laptop, so he's tasked me with keeping the this up to date.

Given that it's been a couple of weeks since the forums were updated, I'll ask if anyone wants to stay in for Season 7.

Yeah, alongside the amount of cramming I have to do for uni (It is waaaaaaaaaay more than I expected when I took this up) I felt it was best to step aside for now. Sorry for any hassle I may have caused with the stopping and starting.

Archived