The League, Season Seven (Under New Management)

Theoretical question for the Leaguers (It's a word now), how do you feel about a short cup like scenario to A) help attract new people and B) help me get used to running The League?

Also if me and Psycho Sam ever face off, be prepared for Low Blow-a-Palooza if the match I just did is anything to go by. Psycho won because Ezekial hit one too many low blows. Also a Double Underhook Bomb can be reversed by an eye gouge. ¬_¬

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Theoretical question for the Leaguers (It's a word now), how do you feel about a short cup like scenario to A) help attract new people and B) help me get used to running The League?

Also if me and Psycho Sam ever face off, be prepared for Low Blow-a-Palooza if the match I just did is anything to go by. Psycho won because Ezekial hit one too many low blows. Also a Double Underhook Bomb can be reversed by an eye gouge. ¬_¬

I think that short cup would be nice.

Frankie would be proud of us...:D

So...hmm....I'd say that Sam got Kerghan into the double underhook position. One of Ezekial's arms got free though and using that, he hit the eye gouge.

It's time for...

Super Pizza Mask III Turbo!

Same guy as PM3/III.

New Finisher: Atomic Pizza Cutter (Think Cena's old Throwback move, the flipping cutter from behind, but from a springboard)

New Trademarks: Stuffed Crust Stunner EX (Standing Shiranui into an Osaka Street Cutter), Brooklyn Style Jawbreaker (Sole Food), Anchovy Deathlock (Kondo Clutch)

New Theme Music:

New Hometown: Planet Mozarella, The Futuristic (Yet Ancient) Homeworld of the Pizza Sentai Soldiers

New Attire: Basically like a Kamen Rider outfit, but colored like cheese and pepperoni, with a matching cape. He wears the cape in the ring too.

Character Name: Lord Palmerstone

Short Name: Palmerstone

Birth Month: June

Birth Year: 1990

Bio: Taking his name from the greatest prime minister in British history, Palmerstone believes Britain to be the superior nation of the world and intends to prove it to the world. Standing 6'6" and weighing 330 pounds of solid muscle Palmerstone tosses around most opponents like rag dolls as he wears them down for the Big Ben Piledriver which has already sent several wrestlers to the hospital.

Size: (pick one)

Large Heavyweight (Batista/Bubba Ray Dudley)

Wrestler Style: Brawler

Bias: Heel

Nationality: English

Based in: UK

Language Skills: (None, Basic, Passing, or Fluent in the following)

English: Fluent

Spanish: None

French: Basic

Japanese: None

German: None

Italian: None

Personality: Bitter

Attitude: Egomaniac

Employment: Normal

Traits (yes/no)

Highly Religious Person: No

Is Known to Use Steroids: No

Has Problems With the Law: No

Alcoholic: No

Drug User (regular user of the "harder" drugs): No

Special Traits (Yes/No)

Becomes a Raging Bull when Bleeding: No

Adrenaline Rush ("He's Hulking up!"): No

Bleeds a Lot (Ric Flair): No

Samoan Skull (Headshrinkers, Umaga, etc.): No

Undead Selling (Undertaker): Yes

Expert at Dirty Tactics (Ric Flair, Roddy Piper): No

2 x 4 Factor (can put on a good match against a plank of wood): No

Skins the Cat during matches (Shawn Michaels, pre-back injury):No

Cannot climb to the top rope (Yokozuna): Yes

Gets to the top rope in one leap (RVD): No

POPULARITY

Everyone will start with 15% worldwide popularity.

Pick three areas of the world from the list below. One of those areas (your pick) becomes 24%, another becomes 21%, and the third becomes 18%.

Now, pick three other areas. One of those areas becomes 6%, another becomes 9%, and the last becomes 12%.

Your popularity determines your initial energy level, so those who are more popular in an area are more likely to win, etc.

In any event, here are the different areas in the game. Please indicate to which areas you wish to apply the modifiers listed above.

UNITED STATES 15%

CANADA 15%

MEXICO

North 12%

West Central 9%

Southeast 6%

JAPAN 15%

UNITED KINGDOM

Midlands 21%

North 18%

Scotland 15%

South 24%

EUROPE 15

Moves: Based on the style of wrestler chosen and the size of the wrestler, a default set of moves will be made by the CPU.

For signature and finishing moves, create a name for the move and describe it. If the move is based off a wrestling move, then that description alone will suffice.

Signature Moves: Not Your Cup of Tea (Over the Shoulder Backbreaker), Act of Parliament (Repeated Backbreakers), Rule Britannia (Abdominal Stretch)

Finisher: Big Ben Piledriver

It's time for...

Super Pizza Mask III Turbo!

Same guy as PM3/III.

New Finisher: Atomic Pizza Cutter (Think Cena's old Throwback move, the flipping cutter from behind, but from a springboard)

New Trademarks: Stuffed Crust Stunner EX (Standing Shiranui into an Osaka Street Cutter), Brooklyn Style Jawbreaker (Sole Food), Anchovy Deathlock (Kondo Clutch)

New Theme Music:

New Hometown: Planet Mozarella, The Futuristic (Yet Ancient) Homeworld of the Pizza Sentai Soldiers

New Attire: Basically like a Kamen Rider outfit, but colored like cheese and pepperoni, with a matching cape. He wears the cape in the ring too.

I think PM3 has gone too far off the deep end. :p

Character Name: Lord Palmerstone

Short Name: Palmerstone

Birth Month: June

Birth Year: 1990

Bio: Taking his name from the greatest prime minister in British history, Palmerstone believes Britain to be the superior nation of the world and intends to prove it to the world. Standing 6'6" and weighing 330 pounds of solid muscle Palmerstone tosses around most opponents like rag dolls as he wears them down for the Big Ben Piledriver which has already sent several wrestlers to the hospital.

Size: (pick one)

Large Heavyweight (Batista/Bubba Ray Dudley)

Wrestler Style: Brawler

Bias: Heel

Nationality: English

Based in: UK

Language Skills: (None, Basic, Passing, or Fluent in the following)

English: Fluent

Spanish: None

French: Basic

Japanese: None

German: None

Italian: None

Personality: Bitter

Attitude: Egomaniac

Employment: Normal

Traits (yes/no)

Highly Religious Person: No

Is Known to Use Steroids: No

Has Problems With the Law: No

Alcoholic: No

Drug User (regular user of the "harder" drugs): No

Special Traits (Yes/No)

Becomes a Raging Bull when Bleeding: No

Adrenaline Rush ("He's Hulking up!"): No

Bleeds a Lot (Ric Flair): No

Samoan Skull (Headshrinkers, Umaga, etc.): No

Undead Selling (Undertaker): Yes

Expert at Dirty Tactics (Ric Flair, Roddy Piper): No

2 x 4 Factor (can put on a good match against a plank of wood): No

Skins the Cat during matches (Shawn Michaels, pre-back injury):No

Cannot climb to the top rope (Yokozuna): Yes

Gets to the top rope in one leap (RVD): No

POPULARITY

Everyone will start with 15% worldwide popularity.

Pick three areas of the world from the list below. One of those areas (your pick) becomes 24%, another becomes 21%, and the third becomes 18%.

Now, pick three other areas. One of those areas becomes 6%, another becomes 9%, and the last becomes 12%.

Your popularity determines your initial energy level, so those who are more popular in an area are more likely to win, etc.

In any event, here are the different areas in the game. Please indicate to which areas you wish to apply the modifiers listed above.

UNITED STATES 15%

CANADA 15%

MEXICO

North 12%

West Central 9%

Southeast 6%

JAPAN 15%

UNITED KINGDOM

Midlands 21%

North 18%

Scotland 15%

South 24%

EUROPE 15

Moves: Based on the style of wrestler chosen and the size of the wrestler, a default set of moves will be made by the CPU.

For signature and finishing moves, create a name for the move and describe it. If the move is based off a wrestling move, then that description alone will suffice.

Signature Moves: Not Your Cup of Tea (Over the Shoulder Backbreaker), Act of Parliament (Repeated Backbreakers), Rule Britannia (Abdominal Stretch)

Finisher: Big Ben Piledriver

I thought I was the only one who had undead selling. :p At least someone chose the Yokozuna route. :)

Nice character, though I wonder what is the Big Ben Piledriver?

Finisher-wise, I'm just happy that I actually saw a video where someone attempted Thor's Ragnarok (Super Crucifix Bomb). It was, of course, escaped, as I don't think any wrestler in their right mind would want to be on the receiving end, but at least it was tried :)

I'll probably join up. Just deciding if I want Tarik or someone else. How are new characters going to be handled, skill wise?

Straight zeros across the board but starting with enough money to either max a stat at 19 or have a balanced start. Looking at starting everyone with around 2000 dollars.

On that note I'm still quietly working on setting things up so it shouldn't be too long before web pages are up.

Straight zeros across the board but starting with enough money to either max a stat at 19 or have a balanced start. Looking at starting everyone with around 2000 dollars.

On that note I'm still quietly working on setting things up so it shouldn't be too long before web pages are up.

What about existing characters? I've got fair amount of stats (with the most spent on being in the hardcore stat), so what would be the ruling?

Won't this hamper any new characters? I think Nolan has 8 stats at 19 above as is, as well as points in several other stats.

Won't this hamper any new characters? I think Nolan has 8 stats at 19 above as is, as well as points in several other stats.

Yeah.

SF, what is the average of the total amount of money earned with the 16 players overall? Once he tells us...that could be the rookie's cash.

And, no, not everyone is Breaker. :p

Yeah.

SF, what is the average of the total amount of money earned with the 16 players overall? Once he tells us...that could be the rookie's cash.

And, no, not everyone is Breaker. :p

I like Psycho's idea miles better than my own. :p

And CJ, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but what do you mean by "extra money"?

Archived