The League, Season Seven (Under New Management)

Apparently the Interwebs ate my reply this morning. :confused:

Traditionally, I had rookies enter the League with starting cash equal to the average of the earnings of all participants from the opening of The League (which, with most of the 12 Originals regularly coming in, made sense). I don't have my spreadsheet in front of me at the moment, but I think Stanton started with almost $12K when he debuted, so I'm a bit confused about his extra money comment too.

That said, I had figured out what the starting cash for Season Seven rookies would be, but with the reply lost in the ether, I'll have to try to get the spreadsheet to open on my tablet and do some number crunching on that. I think it's in the neighborhood of $22,000 but let me get an exact number for you. Might take me a few hours because of work and a computer repair side job right after work, but I'll get a number in this thread before I fall asleep tonight.

EDIT: MH, if you could email me the spreadsheet uncompressed (no .rar or .zip) I can try to open it on the tablet--it doesn't like the rar file I sent you before. :mad:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, it's probably a good thing that my original response got lost. Turns out when I wrote it, I had forgotten to factor in the season six totals. That's what I get for doing something like this as soon as I wake up in the morning. :o

So, with that said, here's the numbers. I'll let MH decide how he wants to do this; I'm just supplying numbers for him.

If carrying totals from Season 1 onward: $26,971.39.

(Comparable to: Nuclear Templeton ($31,400), Tarik Nolan ($26,600))

* This would be my personal choice as that's how I've done it over the last six seasons. But, I'm not in charge, am I? :) *

If carrying totals from Season 2 onward: $24,935.03.

(Comparable to: Thor Hammerskald ($26,100), Scott Stevens ($24,000))

If carrying totals from Season 3 onward: $20,396.20.

(Comparable to: Ian Carlisle ($18,000))

If carrying totals from Season 4 onward: $15,850.77.

(Comparable to: Ben Stanton ($14,600), Pizza Mask III ($14,800))

If carrying totals from Season 5 onward: $11,327.96

(Comparable to: No one remains in the League that debuted Season 5....)

If carrying totals from Season 6 only: $5,505.92.

(Comparable to: Psycho Sam ($6,400))

So, there are your numbers. Do as you will with them. :D

So, it's probably a good thing that my original response got lost. Turns out when I wrote it, I had forgotten to factor in the season six totals. That's what I get for doing something like this as soon as I wake up in the morning. :o

So, with that said, here's the numbers. I'll let MH decide how he wants to do this; I'm just supplying numbers for him.

If carrying totals from Season 1 onward: $26,971.39.

(Comparable to: Nuclear Templeton ($31,400), Tarik Nolan ($26,600))

* This would be my personal choice as that's how I've done it over the last six seasons. But, I'm not in charge, am I? :) *

If carrying totals from Season 2 onward: $24,935.03.

(Comparable to: Thor Hammerskald ($26,100), Scott Stevens ($24,000))

If carrying totals from Season 3 onward: $20,396.20.

(Comparable to: Ian Carlisle ($18,000))

If carrying totals from Season 4 onward: $15,850.77.

(Comparable to: Ben Stanton ($14,600), Pizza Mask III ($14,800))

If carrying totals from Season 5 onward: $11,327.96

(Comparable to: No one remains in the League that debuted Season 5....)

If carrying totals from Season 6 only: $5,505.92.

(Comparable to: Psycho Sam ($6,400))

So, there are your numbers. Do as you will with them. :D

Forgot Kerghan. :p

I think Nuclear has pretty much eaten $25000 worth of steak as oart of his training. The rest of the money went on learning to wrestle and chasing after anyone else who had steak. :)

Had no idea he'd accrued so much money over the years, is a little scary. And yet he still has so much more money to make as he slowly makes his way to the highest levels of points in an ability. Hoping for some new season bonus points to spend! ;)

Right. Here's what is happening folks.

Sign ups end on Saturday, so far the following members are in The League this year (Unless I've missed anyone ¬_¬)

Psycho Sam

Nuclear Templteton

Ezekial Kerghan

Thor Hammerskald

Scott Stevens

Diamond w/Jayde

Connor Blackstone

Benjamin T. Stanton Jr.

Super Pizza Mask III Turbo!

Lord Palmerstone

Ian Carlisle

SeansnMcG

By end of play on Saturday, I should have a website up where the webpages are checkable. It'll be basic. VERY basic.

Then we'll have the cup which allows me to get used to running this before launching into running The League. The cup gets a bit messy with 12 people and no option to do multi man matches (except tag team matches), it needs four people to have byes in order to work as a singles cup. In the worker quote box, I've bolded who I feel should get a bye. Purely for the reasons of Thor being the reigning champion and the other three being cornerstones of The League. Anyone feel differently?

After the cup has been run, then there will be a week's rest and THEN the full on League programme will run.

That make any sense? :p

It just occurred to me, MH: if you're intending on using MS Word to do writeups, let me know. I have something I was using that might be workable for you, and I can change a few things to make it fit your ideas.

E: With Tarik returning, I think the byes should be Thor (League Champ), Tarik (two-time TTT champ), and a coin flip between Nuclear and Diamond (one TTT title each).

Sign Ups are over for now. After the cup, there will be a one week window for any people who weren't so sure.

Also, can I get some feedback on moving from web pages to something like this? Whilst I appreciate the work SF has done with the web pages, I've looked at it and personally the spreadsheet you have been linked to is easier for me to update as it means I don't need to look at hosting websites and such.

Looks nice. Once question though, could you add the max health values to the stats? Other than that, great. :)

I thought it would be redundant to do X/X right now as the figures are the same. So right now it is X. Once the season kicks off it will go to Y/X with Y being the adjusted value and X being the starting value.

MH: regarding that tool I mentioned to you via PM's--I hope to have it in your inbox by this evening. Damn stomach bug laid me low for most of the weekend and I'm finally feeling well enough to make sure the thing is good to go for you.

It's all good, these things happen.

Archived