Small questions that don't deserve their own thread

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Brian, kinda surprised I haven't seen any discussion on this item yet, but is there any timeframe for adding new rookies and roster changes to the database? I'm starting to get a hankering for trying out the new teams!

Since the database is generated dynamically based off player stats in past seasons, the 2013 rookie class and roster changes won't be in the historical DB (at least not until the end of the 2013 season). There's a guy working on a 2013 draft file (and I've seen at least one custom file being used in a MP league or something) so that should come into the public domain before too long; if I can get my hands on that, I can pretty much immediately whip up a 2013.csv player file.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="casiperuano" data-cite="casiperuano" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi Brian, kinda surprised I haven't seen any discussion on this item yet, but is there any timeframe for adding new rookies and roster changes to the database? I'm starting to get a hankering for trying out the new teams!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The way the historical database works they wouldn't be added until the end of the next season. However I will be working on a draft file for this year and a couple player files (pre and post FA) for the upcoming season.</p>

The ABA just opened in my game and it got me thinking. When the two leagues merge will the Pacers, Nets, Spurs, and Nuggets retain their ABA history and players. Or will they be treated like they are expansion teams who have no players or history?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The ABA just opened in my game and it got me thinking. When the two leagues merge will the Pacers, Nets, Spurs, and Nuggets retain their ABA history and players. Or will they be treated like they are expansion teams who have no players or history?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, they will not have their ABA rosters. The ABA will be defunct one full NBA season before those teams join as IRL, the ABA played a partial season before they closed, but that doesn't happen here.</p>

<p>Probably not that small because it's a big enough for me.</p><p> </p><p>

Suddenly, I'm getting the following error message when I open FBB.</p><p> </p><p>

Write access to data folder (C:name of folders) denied. Testing (C:\Program Files\name of folder.</p><p> </p><p>

And when loading is complete, none of the leagues I set up are available to load.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

edit: I saved my league file data onto a separate drive. Deleted all of the game content from my internal drive. Re-installed the game. And we are back!</p>

<p>Any news on the staff update? Was really waiting for that to dive back in.</p><p> </p><p>

Otherwise, just a bit concerned about the AI declining the options of their 1st round draft picks.</p><p> </p><p>

And what are the chances an "extreme" setting could be added to import randomness?</p><p> </p><p>

Looking real solid most everywhere else!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Balt66" data-cite="Balt66" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will we be able to have more than 40 teams? <p> </p><p> When is the next release planned?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Will there be a 2D engine with the new release?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 40 is the likely limit for the foreseeable future as far as this version of the game. An entirely new version of either this or the college game would be a while out still. I've got basic list to add to this version still along with setting up the roster and draft files for the new season. The staff update is the next large update but there might be some small stuff before then. Things have been busy lately but I'm hoping to get working on that and the roster updates in the next week or so.</p><p> </p><p> 2D isn't on my immediate radar but not out of the question in the future. It would have to be something that I felt worked well enough to be a solid benefit to the people who like to actually coach all of their games. I'd want to devote a large chunk of development time for a particular version in order to make sure it worked well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jfb8300" data-cite="jfb8300" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Any news on the staff update? Was really waiting for that to dive back in.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Answered above.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jfb8300" data-cite="jfb8300" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Otherwise, just a bit concerned about the AI declining the options of their 1st round draft picks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I made a note to review this to find out how common it actually is. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jfb8300" data-cite="jfb8300" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> And what are the chances an "extreme" setting could be added to import randomness?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Describe what you have in mind.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Can anyone help me add teams to an existing league?</p><p> </p><p>

I have team movement/expansion set to none/custom.</p><p> </p><p>

I went into League File Editor and added two teams to the league.</p><p> </p><p>

However, when I move forward past Offseason, the teams are not added to the league. I must be missing a step.</p>

• 1 month later...
I am currently in the 1974-75 season and now that the Jazz have joined the league there are an even number of teams in both conferences. However, for some odd reason some teams end up playing 84 games a year while others end up playing 80. I looked in the files and it has the NBA set-up to play an 82 game schedule, so I was wondering if this was some sort of glitch.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am currently in the 1974-75 season and now that the Jazz have joined the league there are an even number of teams in both conferences. However, for some odd reason some teams end up playing 84 games a year while others end up playing 80. I looked in the files and it has the NBA set-up to play an 82 game schedule, so I was wondering if this was some sort of glitch.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you have a save where this is happening please post/send it to me. I haven't seen it in my tests.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gadorg" data-cite="gadorg" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there way to view stats for the opposing team when you're playing out the game? I see a way to see my stats by going to Substitution, but no way to see stats for the other team. The stats displayed in the sim view is just basic stuff.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I need to add an in-game box score</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Brian Nichols" data-cite="Brian Nichols" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you have a save where this is happening please post/send it to me. I haven't seen it in my tests.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have the save but I have played beyond that season. Would you still be able to take a look at it even though I am already beyond that point in the game?</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jhart05" data-cite="jhart05" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Trade Offers from Other Teams.<p> </p><p> I don't see a way to turn them down.</p><p> </p><p> Do you just delete the email?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Bumping this back up.</p><p> </p><p> Anyone have an answer to this one?</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jhart05" data-cite="jhart05" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Trade Offers from Other Teams.<p> </p><p> I don't see a way to turn them down.</p><p> </p><p> Do you just delete the email?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just delete the e-mail. I usually just leave the offers up all year long that are remotely interesting, and delete the ones that are stupid.</p>

<p>Can anybody go over when it is best to play each defense (Help, Man, Half-Trap, zone)? </p><p> </p><p>

I went from the best defense in the league one year, to middle of the pack in my online league. Just trying to get a direction of which way I should go.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Where's the button?</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Brian Nichols" data-cite="Brian Nichols" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can edit most league settings at the point where it tells you you can edit league structure. During the season almost all of the league options will not allow editing but you'll still be able to edit teams, players, and staff.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I see a couple posts about this, and I saw where someone said there is a button for changing league structure once you have completed a season. I have looked and I cannot find it when I complete a season. Where is it located?</p>

Archived