Small questions that don't deserve their own thread

<p>There should be an "edit league structure" option available as soon as the Finals are over.</p><p> </p><p>

Has anyone unlocked the secret to winning on the road? My Home record is usually pretty good but my Away record ranges from mediocre to abysmal.</p>

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RKOkid99" data-cite="RKOkid99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Due to injuries and poor planning on my part, I can't move forward in my game because I only have seven players who can dress for the next game. What can I do to move forward?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well you could edit the league and remove the injury from a player or two.</p><p> </p><p> Are there any players not at a school you can add to your roster as walk-ons?</p><p> </p><p> Again you'd have to do that in the editor.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RKOkid99" data-cite="RKOkid99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Due to injuries and poor planning on my part, I can't move forward in my game because I only have seven players who can dress for the next game. What can I do to move forward?</div></blockquote><p> Free Agents -> Sort by Min Salary Free Agents -> select whoever and hit the Sign Player button. It'll immediately add them to your team on an one-year minimum (non-guaranteed) deal.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Carlos" data-cite="Carlos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Any idea what it means when an Import reads: TeamID Mismatch?</div></blockquote><p> I've been having this issue too.</p><p> </p><p> Brian is working on it but let him know anyway. Perhaps having your files will help him solve this issue.</p>

Yeah it doesn't happen all the time, but it most especially seems to happen to one team in particular. At least once every three imports. Also happened to my file once and I'm the commissioner so no idea what I could have done differently than I've done other times.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Can you change the timeframe for rookie contract extensions? I believe players currently don't request/consider extensions until November 1st, but shouldn't it be the previous July 1st, before FA starts? Thanks,

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jfb8300" data-cite="jfb8300" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can you change the timeframe for rookie contract extensions? I believe players currently don't request/consider extensions until November 1st, but shouldn't it be the previous July 1st, before FA starts? Thanks,</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nope, not yet.</p>

<p>Is there a way to add records/past seasons to a historical game. I just fired up a 1961 game and noticed that there are no team records, player records, etc. </p><p> </p><p>

Was hoping to see the Celtics 4 titles, Lakers 5 titles, Mikan leading scorer, etc. in there.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

Import Player File to Current League

Hi,

Currently my game is in offseason and I would like import a Player File.

I'm place at the Players section within the Current League Editor, but the "import" button appears inactive. Is there any way to activate it?

Thank you very much

Best Regards,

afllopis

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a way to add records/past seasons to a historical game. I just fired up a 1961 game and noticed that there are no team records, player records, etc.

Was hoping to see the Celtics 4 titles, Lakers 5 titles, Mikan leading scorer, etc. in there.

This! In both games (FBCB) I would love to see some sort of almanac. It adds to the immersion factor to be able to look at past seasons stats as well as accomplishments from before the league was created. I loved this about the DDS games.

• 1 month later...

I have sort of a weird question:

I want to start a fictional league set in a fictional country to mirror something I have done in OOTP.

If I do this will the players entering this fictional league be from the fictional country or will they be from the United States?

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

• 4 weeks later...

Oo I have one.

Does managing a players minutes increase their longevity?

Like, if I play a player 40 MPG in his prime, say, 24-29, can I expect him to be run down by 32, and if I run a player 32 MPG in his prime, can I expect him to last longer?

Oo I have one.

Does managing a players minutes increase their longevity?

Like, if I play a player 40 MPG in his prime, say, 24-29, can I expect him to be run down by 32, and if I run a player 32 MPG in his prime, can I expect him to last longer?

Gut reaction is no. I've run with alot of deep teams where the stars got 32-34mpg and they always run down by 30-32 years old.

For the update I'd hope there could be just a bit more variation in aging declines, or maybe an option for it in league settings. Except for the very rare outlier, it seems too predictable right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived