Small questions that don't deserve their own thread

With the draft lottery, the top 3 spots in the rookie draft order are determined by a lottery among the teams that did not make the playoffs the previous season. After the top 3 spots the teams are placed in order of record. It is weighted so the teams with the worst records have the best chance of being in the top 3. If you turn it off it just goes in order of record from the previous season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably a dumb question or one that has been asked and I just can't find the answer....

Is there a way to create a coaches file where we can set up the coaches for a certain era, and then have in the file when coaches are eligible to begin their careers? For example if I am playing a 1979 game and want the coaching staffs to reflect that time frame, is that possible? Can I then also create a coaching "file" that would have in 1979 a too young George Karl, but then have him available to start coaching in the 80's at some point?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TLCJR4LIFE" data-cite="TLCJR4LIFE" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What are the colours by the players name?<p> </p><p> I cant find anything in the help file.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The left box is current ability and right is future ability. In terms of rank:</p><p> </p><p> blue > green > yellow > orange > red</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Theheel" data-cite="Theheel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is probably a dumb question or one that has been asked and I just can't find the answer....<p> </p><p> Is there a way to create a coaches file where we can set up the coaches for a certain era, and then have in the file when coaches are eligible to begin their careers? For example if I am playing a 1979 game and want the coaching staffs to reflect that time frame, is that possible? Can I then also create a coaching "file" that would have in 1979 a too young George Karl, but then have him available to start coaching in the 80's at some point?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Right now there is no way to do a coach file or the more requested historical coach file. I've got an update planned focusing on staff so it might be possible to get the initial coach file support included then depending on time. Historical would be a bit more complicated.</p>

<p>Why is it after every season ends the logos and nicknames reset to their default settings?</p><p> </p><p>

For instance right now I am in the 1953-54 season and after the season ended I had to rename the Celtics and add their logo back on.</p>

If you are using the historical league with historical movement on then the data gets updated each season to whatever is in the historical league files. The files holding the team data can usually be found here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\GDS\Fast Break Pro Basketball 3\Historical Leagues\North America\Teams

<p>Is there a hidden rating for durability or likelihood of injury to a certain player?</p><p> </p><p>

I noticed one player spraining his ankle and then a month later breaking that ankle. Curious to know if this is something the game currently keeps track of, and if so, is there a way to know if a guy is injury prone or not?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

On a different note: would be pretty cool to see double doubles and triple doubles in a player's card. I know we can find it in the stats page under Total 2. Some of that stuff is missing from a player card and unless you do some searching, you can't quickly find that info.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Carlos" data-cite="Carlos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a hidden rating for durability or likelihood of injury to a certain player?<p> </p><p> I noticed one player spraining his ankle and then a month later breaking that ankle. Curious to know if this is something the game currently keeps track of, and if so, is there a way to know if a guy is injury prone or not?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> On a different note: would be pretty cool to see double doubles and triple doubles in a player's card. I know we can find it in the stats page under Total 2. Some of that stuff is missing from a player card and unless you do some searching, you can't quickly find that info.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Players do have an injury avoidance rating. The best you can do is to check how many injuries the player has had in his history. Planning to add double doubles and triple doubles to stat displays at some point but I most likely will have to add additional categories to make it work. That is why it keeps getting put off.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jfb8300" data-cite="jfb8300" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are injured players not healing during the offseason? Guy had 12 days to go in June, and still has 12 days to go in October.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He would've healed when you ran camps. I just went and changed it to heal progressively during the offseason instead.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="damientheomen3" data-cite="damientheomen3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is it possible to create a player in a league with fictional players? I've looked all over the editors but don't see a way to add a player from scratch.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Go to Current League Editor in the tools menu, change the dropdown to Players and click Add.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Brian Nichols" data-cite="Brian Nichols" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35942" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Go to Current League Editor in the tools menu, change the dropdown to Players and click Add.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wow I'm an idiot. Thanks man.</p>

Is it better to let the computer run training camps or should you do it yourself? And at what age do blue chip or green chip players lose their trade value?

I can't honestly say if it is better or not but I always let the computer run my training camps. Just one less thing I have to worry about.

As for your second question, I am not sure if I understand what you mean. Here is what I have found and if it answers your question cool, if not then just ignore me for being an idiot.

I have noticed that blue and green chip players (At least fictional ones, I have yet to play a league with real players.) seem to lose quality at random times. I have had some guys stay at blue for their entire career. Then I have had blue and green guys drop to yellow as early as twenty-eight. Granted it may have to do with the scouts that I am using but that is what I have noticed.

Archived