1997: Montreal Aftermath

Took a little break last night to catch up on the latest wrestling, gotta say despite WWE having very mediocre shows at the moment wrestling as a whole has been quite good. I watched Chikara Aniversio (good despite poor lighting), ROH past two weeks of television and Slammiversary and they were all good shows, also gave me some new signings for each promotion including TNA's new 'big' free agent signing Rampage Jackson who I'm adding to the data now. Currently working on a few different parts of the mod at once so I'm not working on a specific promotion as such but just working through things as I get more information and tips so everything's going good. Derek is being a tester or checker for WWE and later TNA and will be looking over the data for the two promotions to find any mistakes or improvements, hoping to send him the WWE data by tomorrow night as there are only a few things left to do on them and then I'll be finishing off NXT and TNA next.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to see everything's going well NWA, great news to have Derek looking over the work for any corrections, because of your knowledge between the two of you I'm pretty sure you can get things as accurate as possible :)

I've been away for a few days and came back to check how the mod is coming along. Any news?

Yeah not many updates recently as me and Derek have been focusing on getting WWE to the best level we can and I've just finished adding in all of his tips for the roster after looking over the data, might sound like we haven't got very far only finishing the WWE but the time spent on this one company is longer than I needed for the whole 96 mod, partly due to Burning Hamsters base was awesome and this one sucks but largely due to me and Derek have been going through all the gimmick ratings, physical effects and stats so that the game should simulate WWE much like in real life right now, many part time people that should only appear occasionally with most of them suffering from time decline, the company short on stars and most of the big names now getting past their physical peek and in the upcoming years will need replacing or suffer from deductions in angles and matches from physical standpoint but also a young roster both in WWE and NXT full of talent, all having one or two things in their stats arsenal that could make them a star the player just gotta find out what that is and utilize it well..this is a big difference from CPT C's mods who had most of the undercard and NXT wrestlers nearing 50 on the popularity scale, in that case the hard work of finding a way of exposing them to increase their low pop but also score a good grade by having the right angle to target their positives is done and all they need is a few big wins to become stars which is not very good nor realistic.

Anyway yeah the WWE is done now with only small things like setting all the workers debut dates to the right date (most are well off) so that people can build upon the data or use it as a base for other projects in the future needed to be done. We're hoping to release the data much like Mr Canada did for TEW 2010 with the first release only having a handful of promotions but have everything in the mod is working well and realistic and then building on it from there. Derek will be working on TNA for a week or two as I'm busy at the moment but I'll hopefully give you another update soon.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>New signing for WWE. Don't want to spoil it for anyone, but a pretty big name will be returning at Money in the Bank. It was announced last night at Payback. Highlight > <span style="color:#FFFFFF;">Rob Van Dam</span> < There for the spoiler.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think pretty much everyone knows anyway, and yes RVD will be put in WWE as a part time wrestler unless any new reports indicate he's signed full time.</p>

Was wondering how those on WWE Legends contracts would be handled. Some do make occasional appearances on WWE TV, such as Bret Hart recently, and HBK seems to get involved in promos for whoever Triple H is about to have a match with. Even an occasional Piper's Pit appears on RAW. Not sure how it would affect the game in TEW terms, but what if they are all set to personalities? Would that enable them to be WWE contracted workers, yet they don't appear on a show for x amount of weeks/months?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="evileddie10" data-cite="evileddie10" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Was wondering how those on WWE Legends contracts would be handled. Some do make occasional appearances on WWE TV, such as Bret Hart recently, and HBK seems to get involved in promos for whoever Triple H is about to have a match with. Even an occasional Piper's Pit appears on RAW. Not sure how it would affect the game in TEW terms, but what if they are all set to personalities? Would that enable them to be WWE contracted workers, yet they don't appear on a show for x amount of weeks/months?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A PPA deal with nostalgia act clause?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Beejus" data-cite="Beejus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A PPA deal with nostalgia act clause?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A written deal with a nostalgia act clause, since legends deals are written deals. That would do the trick. It's what I do on my games and even on my mod.</p>

Legends deals may be written contracts but they don't stop the Roddy Pipers or Jim Duggans of the world from taking indy dates whenever they want to. It doesn't make any sense to give them written deals in-game. PPA deals with nostalgia act clauses are perfect.

Yeah, they are worked on a ppa deal, they can take indy dates, and they get paid when they are used on a show, in a game, or have some merch made. It's not a written deal, more like a license contract.

You might even be better off not even putting them on contract, as most will just get fired in the beginning anyway, if it's an ai company

If nothing else, you could do what Genadi did for Golden Age and make a list of workers who are under contract but were not given contracts at the onset for gameplay purposes. That way, if players want to add them before they fire up a game and want to play as WWE, they can do so.

Though if you are adding any, I'd just let alone the people who don't make appearances often. Someone like Vader only showed up once or twice, a year ago; don't include him. But someone like Duggan or Slaughter who show up with any kind of regularity, put them on a PPA.

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days only been on here for very short periods at a time, the RVD deal will be written with no expiry data unless one becomes released on several report sites, his role will be that of a special attraction, nostalgia act or passing the torch so he isn't expected to appear very often. Most people who are on the legends contracts that WWE have will be signed to them with an intended role like nostalgia act or special attraction so they don't appear regularly, any person who has a WWE legends or different type of contract but is not worth signing to the company ate probably not important enough to put in the mod. As for legends in general in the mod, anyone who has made a big splash in the wrestling world will be in the game but people who were kinda of a big name at one point but can't really contribute anything at this point will likely be left out, at least for the first release.

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days only been on here for very short periods at a time, the RVD deal will be written with no expiry data unless one becomes released on several report sites, his role will be that of a special attraction, nostalgia act or passing the torch so he isn't expected to appear very often. Most people who are on the legends contracts that WWE have will be signed to them with an intended role like nostalgia act or special attraction so they don't appear regularly, any person who has a WWE legends or different type of contract but is not worth signing to the company ate probably not important enough to put in the mod. As for legends in general in the mod, anyone who has made a big splash in the wrestling world will be in the game but people who were kinda of a big name at one point but can't really contribute anything at this point will likely be left out, at least for the first release.

I would say special attraction since he is coming back to a feature attraction match in MITB

Alright then got the data back from Derek and just checking over things but it looks as if TNA and WWE for the most part are done, work is now on the other four promotions for the first release, OVW, NXT, ROH, Chikara. The release date will be at the end of a month so the start date is right for when it's released, hopefully the end of July but most likely August for those asking. WWE and TNA are looking really good and hoping to carry that over into the indy promotions. What I'm going to do so that we can make sure everything is up to date for the first release is make a 'Update Post' below and add any new heel/face turns, signings, gimmick changes or whatever that happens in any of the six promotions while I'mg going along so that we don't leave any out. I'm starting the post now and adding things that have happened since the start of June, if there's any you can think of just say and I'll add them.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="guyver3" data-cite="guyver3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Isn't Chikara closed now I don't follow every but I thought they closed after the last show or are on hiatus. Also the Briscoes are reportedly done in ROH but could come back or something like that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Chikara thing is a storyline but hopefully they've have 're-opened' by the time the mod comes out as there's no way to simulate a storyline hiatus. As for the Briscoe's it looks likes they've been written off television until the contract situation gets sorted out, until the world title is vacated though I'm going to take it there still working for ROH.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="guyver3" data-cite="guyver3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Isn't Chikara closed now I don't follow every but I thought they closed after the last show or are on hiatus. Also the Briscoes are reportedly done in ROH but could come back or something like that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The chikara thing is a work but they still aren't running shows for the foreseeable future</p><p> </p><p> The Briscoes might be done in ROH but Jay is still champion so I'd leave them in there until something officially comes out.</p>

Archived