Developer Diary Discussion Thread

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36179" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In previous games, a significant weight was placed on the "wow factor" and stiffness of moves. <strong>These are now removed entirely</strong>, and the rating is instead calculated by looking at how dramatic the match was - concentrating on things like near falls, how competitive the match was, etc. <p> </p><p> The advantage of this is that it makes things both more realistic and more challenging. A spot monkey with a million impressive flips on every move is not going to automatically get high ratings just because of his arsenal</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is the one thing that kind of worries me. I agree that in wrestling spirit 2 stiffness and wow factor were weighted too high, but I'm not sure they should be removed completely. I think realistically part of what makes Japanese wrestling good is the stiffness of it, and in lucha wrestling there is a lot of over the top flashiness, dives, flying arm drags and huricanranas from all over the place that make it wow factor oriented. I do think an overhaul was in order though, I'm just not sure if taking them out completely would be a good thing. I guess I will have to see just what exactly leads to good matches before I make a full judgement.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Everything else about the game looks great. I'm excited about attributes, more realistic submissions/working over specific body parts having more of an effect, and the storylines. I'm very happy for the inclusion of those. All in all I think it will be a great game.</p>

Archived