The Burnt Out Crowd

I'm at a loss.

No matter what I do I seem to keep getting penalized on my main event for having a burnt out crowd.

I've tried:

-The rule of 3 theory (no more than 3 straight segments with improved ratings)

-Working the crowd in the previous match

-Working the crowd in all matches during the show

-Having intentionally bad matches on the show so the crowd isn't burnt out

-Running shorter than expected matches to lower rating

I'm sure others have run into this conflict... I'm wondering what solutions there are, because I can't seem to find one. Yes, I am playing with PST on, I'd prefer not to turn it off because I do believe in it.

I'm running a Real World Perf > Pop fed. and recently reached International size. My workers seem to put on matches rated above 70 no matter what unless they are openers/jobbers.

I'd bet somebody who books WWE or TCW has run into this issue.

To put on a main event that has drawn A and above ratings before and to see a B- with the burnt out crowd note is demoralizing.

Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

<p>Major Angle</p><p> </p><p>

Cooldown match</p><p> </p><p>

Major Angle</p><p> </p><p>

Co Main Event</p><p> </p><p>

Minor Angle </p><p> </p><p>

Minor Angle</p><p> </p><p>

Main Event </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

This formula works pretty well.</p><p> </p><p>

I booked about a year's worth of shows with 5 shows per month using that formula with success.</p><p> </p><p>

I turn PST off though because my roster is too big...I don't have the time needed to waste even a few minutes with minor angles.</p>

<p>Don't know if this helps at all, but I've noticed that I don't get a burnt out crowd on main event if I stagger my "slow build" matches properly. I will run all the jobber stuff, then most of the midcard, then an upper mid/main match with a slow build or 2, dependent on how many I have that show. Then I will run what I think will be my highest rated midcard match, followed by the big two. Sometimes I will see semi-main crowd burnt out, but never on main. A lot of my cards look like this.</p><p> </p><p>

8 min jobber/tag match involving a couple jobbers</p><p>

same as above</p><p>

same as above</p><p>

midcard tag</p><p>

midcard singles/tag</p><p>

upper mid/main event I think will get worst rating</p><p>

midcard match I think will rate best</p><p>

semi-main with slow build</p><p>

main with slow build</p><p> </p><p>

This was with a 90% match ratio so had no need for angles and also very few guys who could pull them off. Also, seems opening the show with an angle involving one of the few people who could talk was a mistake, as jobber matches dragged the crowd way down from there and tended to kill things for the first few matches. It's almost like you want to run the lowest match rating up to your big mid-show match, then reset things with a (not work the crowd) midcard match to cool things off a bit before you hit the big ratings matches. Seemed to work that way to me anyway. If I'm missing something there are far more experienced players than I here.</p>

I do the same thing as the above poster.

I have my pre show match boosters to get the crowd going. Open with either A) A huge promo or B) A huge match

I like to do both

From there I proceed to my lower-card to mid-card for the middle of the show. That way it builds the crowd. Finally I let my upper carders wrestle in mostly tag team matches.

I am a fan of tag team and a few singles but I save a lot of my single matches for main events or pay per views

How many matches are on the show? I don't know if it's a thing in TEW, but in real life I'd figure fans would get burned out when a show goes too long, or after they're given too many matches to care about. I'm playing CGC right now, and I never get the burnt out crowd note. Granted, I follow the other 'rules' (weaker undercard, angles spread about etc) but I also only have 6, maybe 7 matches per show.

In real life I'd have zero interest in a 10 match card. I'd be burnt out and tired of clapping by match 6.

In a two-hour show with a "sports entertainment" company, I usually have five matches. Sometimes only four, sometimes six, depends on how heavy I am on angles that week to adequately progress my storylines. I draw out my storylines in a notepad before starting them in game so I know what I'm doing with regards to angles on TV that week and very rarely I'll just have the generic "x cuts promo on y" in order to progress the storyline that week. None of my angles can be called filler, just a couple of undercard matches.

I've never had a burnt out crowd on TV, this is probably why.

Archived