[Release] 1991: Rising Storms 4.0

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37696" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd say no to rude as a Horseman Personally, strange fit.<p> </p><p> Definitely would sign rude and steamboat off the fa market.</p><p> </p><p> Simple feud, steamboat gets a title shit upon debut, Wyndham costs him the match. They feud for a few months which gets windham over. He eventually comes to respect steamboat. This leads to a turn against flair and windham beating flair for the strap.</p><p> </p><p> As for the us title.. Stan Hansen!</p><p> </p><p> Some guys out there to sign...</p><p> </p><p> Steve Austin obviously.</p><p> </p><p> Steve Ray and sunny beach can be a fun tag team. </p><p> </p><p> Wait until the next update next week and I'll give you some more names.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Who could be my 4th horsemen. Sid to me was never a horsemen type guy. Who would I put in the tag team feud, Thought about barry and Arn feuding with the steiners until I turn barry face. or may have the steiners feud with doom for a while. Who could I feud Hansen with???</p>

<p>Horsemen names I like</p><p> </p><p>

Larry Z</p><p>

Bobby eaton</p><p>

Stan lane</p><p>

Tully Blanchard</p><p>

Shane Douglas</p><p>

Dan spivey</p><p>

Rick Martel</p><p>

Paul orndorff</p><p>

Brad Armstrong</p><p>

Mike rotunda</p><p>

Steve Williams</p><p> </p><p>

All of those guys are good wrestlers and can fit the horsemen image and should be attainable. Plus they could fit seamlessly in tag teams with arn Anderson.</p>

Personally in my WCW game I signed Tully to be the fourth Horseman as I didn't think Sid was a great fit either. He already has great experience with Arn, and slots in at UC. I had the Steiners take the belts off of Doom pretty much right away and have been feuding with various teams as dual champions. They've also been supporting Sting in his on going feud with Flair and the rest of the horsemen.

As an aside, unless stats have been tweaked (truthfully my save is from an update or two ago and am waiting on the new one before starting a new game), Rick Martel and Steamboat are unattainable by WCW right off the bat. It could be just (bad) luck of the draw, but they didn't want to sign for me. Which as another aside, lead me to bringing in Rick Rude as a face. Was going to bring him in anyway (as a heel), but with the top of the card so heel heavy I was in dire need of a face. Turned Simmons too and have slowly been working on a push for him.

Sorry for the what feels like ranty-ness of my post, just wanted to give some input/share a bit of my game!

Quick question, should I extend Superstars to two hours instead of one? I have all these pissed off guys that are not getting on the show. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get f*ckin Sean Mooney, Howard Finkel, Jack Tunney, Gene Okerlund, Mike McGuirk and JJ f*cking Dillon on the same show without it being terrible. Any ideas?

Quick question, should I extend Superstars to two hours instead of one? I have all these pissed off guys that are not getting on the show. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get f*ckin Sean Mooney, Howard Finkel, Jack Tunney, Gene Okerlund, Mike McGuirk and JJ f*cking Dillon on the same show without it being terrible. Any ideas?

Update will be by the end of the day tomorrow at the latest.

Finkel is out of the data and JJ Dillon should be pushed as a road agent.

Have them do the interviews

I've done it before for my own personal games. Or you can always make Prime Time the A show since it was 2 hours.

Yep, that it's a good option too...

In other things... in one of my games, i imported the Jim Crockett Jr. Cup into the data because i wanted WCW to follow it's tradition instead of becoming another Sports Entertainment company, despite leaving NWA.

Release: Rising Storms 4.2

Please see the release notes included with the data for a detailed changelog that captures MOST of the changes. This is a pretty major update I would say, with new workers added and substantial changes to Japan as well as US stat and popularity reworks.

Data: Rising Storms 4.2

nGo Update: nGo Update 9-26-2014

This latest nGo update now brings me to better than 99% coverage of all workers in the database as well as Hive's database, with something like 10 missing workers in the entire world.

You will need the most up to date version of nGo for this mod. The latest update includes quite a few new pictures. Specifically, I have finally gotten around to doing free pictures and assigning them in the mod. They are in a separate folder in this download. If you want to use them, please dump them in your people folder after downloading.

If you DO NOT WANT to use the free pictures, please edit the databse to delete the assigned images.

Free pictures are used the game generates referees and announcers to prevent them from having a blank space.

Feedback is always welcome, however, unless there are notable things that need to be corrected, I anticipate this being my last update to this database until a new version of TEW is released.

HUGE props to Oyaji for his extensive testing and suggestions that led to major overhauls of Japan.

There was a small error on the release today with NJPW events not lining up with tour dates and not having all the events set.

I fixed it and just copied over the download link.

If you already downloaded you can decide whether it is worth it to fix it with an update or not.

If you want to know whether you have the current version, the bottom line in the changelog should mention correcting Japanese events.

Hate to be the bearer of such news.

1. ECW Arnea is in the locations file.

2. Horsemen are set to inactive.

3. "Bossman loves his mama" storyline - either Haku should change to major, or Barbarian to minor.

4. Maybe I just missed it somewhere, but I don't think the Paul Heyman 91 picture came along with the pack. On further inspecting, there's a very, very small list of people who don't have pictures, and it would seem most of them are assigned one. As I said though, that could just be on my end.

Please don't hate me, I've seen you say how much you want to be done with this. I just figured if I didn't go ahead and speak up on it, someone else would.

Awesome! Thank you so much, for all of your hard work on this mod. Don't know when I'll have the chance to give this a proper play through (thank you work and XCOM: EW) but I'll be sure to give it a good once over in the very near future. Yourself and Fleisch have re-kindled my love for RW mods. It's been a very long time since I've been able to play anything outside of the CV.

Hate to be the bearer of such news.

1. ECW Arnea is in the locations file.

2. Horsemen are set to inactive.

3. "Bossman loves his mama" storyline - either Haku should change to major, or Barbarian to minor.

4. Maybe I just missed it somewhere, but I don't think the Paul Heyman 91 picture came along with the pack. On further inspecting, there's a very, very small list of people who don't have pictures, and it would seem most of them are assigned one. As I said though, that could just be on my end.

Please don't hate me, I've seen you say how much you want to be done with this. I just figured if I didn't go ahead and speak up on it, someone else would.

Are you sure you have the complete ngo pack? I'll test it on my home computer shortly but Im not sure it's possible for the pics to not have been uploaded.

Found the error with the pics.

This nGo update from earlier in th eyear was not populated:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7rlbz478e9e2nzf/nGo_Update_51614.7z

I'm uploading a correct nGo complete pack and I'm fixing those tiny errors in the database as well Beejus.

Thanks for catching.

Working on it from 3 computers can cause some freaky deals!

Found the error with the pics.

This nGo update from earlier in th eyear was not populated:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7rlbz478e9e2nzf/nGo_Update_51614.7z

I'm uploading a correct nGo complete pack and I'm fixing those tiny errors in the database as well Beejus.

Thanks for catching.

Working on it from 3 computers can cause some freaky deals!

Speaking of nGo, check your PMs ;):D

Release: Rising Storms 4.2

Please see the release notes included with the data for a detailed changelog that captures MOST of the changes. This is a pretty major update I would say, with new workers added and substantial changes to Japan as well as US stat and popularity reworks.

Data: Rising Storms 4.2

nGo Update: nGo Update 9-26-2014

nGo Complete Pack

Edit: The following nGo update was missing earlier:

Missing nGo from earlier this year

This latest nGo update now brings me to better than 99% coverage of all workers in the database as well as Hive's database, with something like 10 missing workers in the entire world.

You will need the most up to date version of nGo for this mod. The latest update includes quite a few new pictures. Specifically, I have finally gotten around to doing free pictures and assigning them in the mod. They are in a separate folder in this download. If you want to use them, please dump them in your people folder after downloading.

If you DO NOT WANT to use the free pictures, please edit the databse to delete the assigned images.

Free pictures are used the game generates referees and announcers to prevent them from having a blank space.

Quoting my release post because the files have been fixed. Links haven't changed. Small fixes and there was a missing nGo from earlier in the year.

Archived