DOTM: August 2014 Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken and The Final Countdown for the layout here.

2. You have 3 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

3. All non-Cornellverse diaries (both real world and fantasy) have been combined into a 'Mod' category.

4. You may substitute your C-Verse nomination for a 2nd Mod nomination, or vice versa.

5. You may also substitute either your C-Verse nomination or Mod nomination for a second Monthly Spotlight nomination.

6. Please place a link to the diary you are nominating.

7. In the Monthly Spotlight category, you will single out a specific aspect of a diary that particularly impressed you over the course of the month, be it a match, show, angle, storyline, development of a character, etc.

8. You may not nominate yourself

9. All nominations must include a reason

10. Nominations do NOT need a second. So, once a diary has been nominated PLEASE do NOT nominate it again!

11. No Rookie DOTM this month so everyone qualifies for Cornellverse/Mod DOTM as long as there is one show in the current month.

12. All nominations must be within the current forum (Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 Dynasties).

13. Monthly Spotlight: Minimum requirement of one show during the current month.

14. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self, Phantom Stranger, jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette, NoNeck, 20LEgend, michgcs and MJStark.

15. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

16. You may NOT nominate ESE Eternal Suffering by Zergon for Cornellverse DOTM

17. You may NOT nominate WCW '94: War of the Thrones by Beejus for Mod DOTM

18. You may NOT nominate WWE 2004: The Hangover by RKOwnage for Monthly Spotlight DOTM

19. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

Mod DOTM Nominee's:

Cornellverse DOTM Nominee's:

Monthly Spotlight Nominee's:

Nominations will be open until September 1st 2014 (6 am Pacific Time)

Okay. Took me a while to think on this as there are a TON of good diaries at the moment, and then WHAMMY!!! Captain2 returned with a new diary!!! It's May 2014 this time, and the WWE is... 'different'?

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528178

I just loved Ziggler's gimmick, and could picture The Big Show perching on his desk provocatively!!! Just read it please!!! :D :D :D

So that's Mod DOTM... and for Monthly Spotlight, this one was a lot easier to decide:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2005033&postcount=2095

The show nevermore has been waiting to write but the final segment in particular really gripped me - between Paul Burchill and the Thomasellis. It's a must read, and fully deserves a Monthly Spotlight nomination :D

RKOwnage's post-SummerSlam 2004 RAW is my final nomination for Monthly Spotlight:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2006240&postcount=972

**SPOILER ALERT** (in white) The Ric Flair face turn at the end of the show is brilliant and very well written!!! The perfect end to an excellent show which had a brilliant opening segment too, and matches like RVD vs Christian; Benoit/Jericho vs Batista/Orton and the debut of Cade and Murdoch!!!!! :D

EDIT: Ahh balls!! Just seen I can't nominate this diary for Monthly Spotlight!! Ah well... Still... check it out :D

My nomination for the month will be.... duh duh duuuuuuh:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523899&page=214

Cause really Lloyd's been doing a great job at slowly and believably building up new characters for people and I've enjoyed his stuff immensely.

My monthly spotlight goes to:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527461&page=13

Mootinie's G1 climax has been incredibly interesting and its clear he put a lot of effort into it. Not to mention I generally like tournaments and I agree with the winner in this case. Although I'm sure Okada would do better if Mootnie put Okada back in the mask and had him follow Samoa Joe around again :p

*ducks thrown items*

RKOwnage's post-SummerSlam 2004 RAW is my final nomination for Monthly Spotlight:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2006240&postcount=972

**SPOILER ALERT** (in white) The Ric Flair face turn at the end of the show is brilliant and very well written!!! The perfect end to an excellent show which had a brilliant opening segment too, and matches like RVD vs Christian; Benoit/Jericho vs Batista/Orton and the debut of Cade and Murdoch!!!!! :D

EDIT: Ahh balls!! Just seen I can't nominate this diary for Monthly Spotlight!! Ah well... Still... check it out :D

:D Thanks anyway Lloyd! I was surprised KotR won last month because I felt as if SummerSlam and even this RAW would be much better.

I was just on vacation and thus I have to catch up on some diaries before I make my picks but I'll be back in here before they close.

Monthly Spotlight Vote

This is a no brainer in my opinion, Im voting for the First Nitro Episode for Beejus' WCW War of Thrones 94 Dynasty. We saw an excellent story play out on Nitro with the Authority being dismantled and the huge reveal in the end of... (no Spoilers!!)

But all in all Nitro was one of the best shows I had read on GDS.

I'll put down my nomination for Smasher's WWF/E 2002: Brand Warfare now that he finally posted a show this month :p Because dammit when he's on, he does some good writing.

My second nomination will go to CPBHBK for NWA: The Big Seven because SEVEN DIFFERENT FEDS, PEOPLE.

I made sure that it was posted in August, and it was, on August 1st: Starrcade 88 by Ritchardo in JCP 1988 - The Alliance Fights Back. It was a really amazing show, Ritchardo killed it yet again. All the shock in the main event, along with the great writing in the rest of the show, there's a lot of reasons why I made sure to promise this SOTM out early this month.

Let's get some Cornellverse diaries on the board

I'm nominating Arwink's HGC: The Rise and Fall of Hollyweird. It's one of the most understated diaries on the board, popping up every month or so, but the writing is superb. The characterisation is fantastic (I've said that before, but it hasn't changed, so I'm saying it again. :)) and the diary has a real 'big match' feel - Spoilers the title win for Monty Walker being the best example. Spoilers.

My vote for c-verse DOTM goes to Asaemon's CV2013: Tradition Updated. The diary is great from a creativity standpoint, incorporating a legitimate fighting feel to TCW that few have tried before while managing to build its own stars and work extremely well with an expanded roster -- the few SWF stars who have arrived are midcard and below. Asaemon is great at getting his readers immersed in his game world, particularly with his news section.

My vote for Monthly Spotlight goes to NoNeck's incredible ending to Total Mayhem XIX in TCW: The Final Sacrifice. He's managed to make longer match descriptions really easy reads, I love the promo packages, but overall, the ending to Total Mayhem is incredible -- I'm a sucker for the "whose side is he on?" take, and he pulls it off beautifully with Wolf, and the ending is a stroke of genius that plays into the hands of a future storyline -- make sure to read it carefully, there is a LOT of cool stuff going on.

Guest Asaemon
My vote for c-verse DOTM goes to Asaemon's CV2013: Tradition Updated. The diary is great from a creativity standpoint, incorporating a legitimate fighting feel to TCW that few have tried before while managing to build its own stars and work extremely well with an expanded roster -- the few SWF stars who have arrived are midcard and below. Asaemon is great at getting his readers immersed in his game world, particularly with his news section.

Many thanks :cool:

how do people get into the HOF?

that's what I don't I don't know lol.

Well if i cant nominate this than whatever lol. I would like to nominate this certain RAW from angeldelayette's WWE 14 diary. All the returns were greatly written and the show was crazy in a good way and it really entertained me. http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2004244&postcount=68

that's what I don't I don't know lol.

Well if i cant nominate this than whatever lol. I would like to nominate this certain RAW from angeldelayette's WWE 14 diary. All the returns were greatly written and the show was crazy in a good way and it really entertained me. http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2004244&postcount=68

Hall of Famers are usually voted on at the end of a calendar year and there's like a vote among the members of the community (if I remember correctly). You can absolutely vote for a HOF'er as Eisen-verse won DOTM like a bazillion times for his SWF dynasty.

angel would know better than I would, however.

As far as nominations...

For CVerse DOTM, I nominate Phantom Stranger's CV97 diary: HGC/DaVE Everybody Knows. The last post really cemented it as it could take the story in 100 different directions.

For Monthly Spotlight, I nominate Occasional Z's EPW: Devine Idea. What part you ask? There's Darryl Devine, The Architect, and Jim Force getting drunk and ending up in a Chuck-E-Cheese type restaurant.

I don't have a Mod nomination, but plan to start reading more now that my life is back in some semblance of an order.

Archived