January 1996 Release/Abandonment!

Sup dudes! :cool:

Some of you may remember way way back I made a mod set in January of 1996. It was pretty awesome, I put a lot of work into it and a few cool people used my data to make other mods which is always a bonus.

Since then, I never really did an update as such ... instead what I did was gradually add more info to it over time as my wrestling watching turned up new pieces of info. I would go so far as to say I made this from a pretty gosh darn detailed mod into one that borders on stupidity in terms of how much cool era specific junk I threw in. I mostly just did this for my own amusement.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago TEW2013 stopped opening for me. Looking on the forums I realised the fix for my error was a reinstall of windows. I don't really have the time or inclination to do a full reinstall of windows just to get TEW going again right now, as much as I love it so I figured I would just release/abandon the data here and let you guys do as you will with it.

Now, it's very playable and mostly complete. there are probably a few (less than 10 or so I imagine) wrestlers who do not have complete stats, popularity etc and they will mostly be in the yet to debut workers list. Also there are probably a couple of promotions in there which I never got around to writing description blurb things for. Aside from that, it's good to go and I played it numerous times without major issue. That said, if it went weird and corrupted around the time my TEW stopped working ... I apologise. I cannot check it anymore so ... download at your own risk I guess.

So, if anyone wants to finish up the stuff I never got around to fixing and reupload, that's cool. Seriously, it's probably only about an hour of work. If anyone wants to use this data for any other mods, go for it ... though I do like it if you drop me a PM just so I can feel warm and fuzzy inside about people using my stuff. That's about it really, hope this data is useful to someone.

TLDR: My TEW 2013 broke, decided to release January 1996 data, has a couple unfinished bits but is 99.99% complete and playable.

P.S. if anyone knows a better place to host these files let me know .. I am out of the loop and went with the first thing google showed me under file hosting. :D

http://www.filedropper.com/1996data

http://www.filedropper.com/1996pics

Sorry to hear about TEW crapping out on you. :(

Have you thought about getting a flash drive? That's what I'm using to back up Risky Business every time I work on it, which came in very handy when I had to do a reinstall of Windows awhile back.

Anywho, downloading the data and will see if there's anything I can use for my own mod. ^_^

An era has ended! :eek:

I'd like to utilize this moment to state, for those unaware, that without BurningHamster's amazing work on this 1996 mod (and his generous nature), my 1994 and 1995 mods wouldn't exist.

So thanks again!

Not sure how you feel about mixing picture styles, but I used a combination of Hive's nGo pack and Idolized's Ruthless Aggression pics.

Actually, justtxyank did by far the majority of the nGo pics - so it would be more fitting to call it "justtxyank's nGo pack". I'm afraid it wouldn't be fair of me to take the credits for it. :)

• 11 months later...

If anyone can get the link or email me the data, with Hamsters blessings i'd be glad to do the final changes to the data. It could also spurn a 97 scenario and so forth.

If you're doing that just let me know and i'm happy to wait! Thanks for all your hard work.

Hey guys, sorry to say I had a look for this batch of data but can only find my TEW2010 data lying around so I think apart from peeps who downloaded it having a copy somewhere, this data is dead and gone. :(

That said, the update to this I am currently working on now is significantly beyond the level this abandoned data release was :D It's bigger, it's more detailed and I think it will be better to play. I'll release this in future and as always, anyone who wants to use it as a base for their own mods is welcome to.

Responded Justtxyank.

And Beejus, I'd still be curious to see what you and Matt Shannon tinkered with. I'll credit you guys if I end up using any of your work.

Honestly I can't remember what all I did other than tinkering with it for my own personal use and importing all of Mammoth's gimmicks that I now use for my mods, then handing what I had done so far over to Beejus when he requested it. :D

There are a number of Yet to Debut workers in my Risky Business mod that usually aren't included in other mods, so feel free to import them and any alter egos, blood relations, etc. that they may have.

And Beejus, I'd still be curious to see what you and Matt Shannon tinkered with. I'll credit you guys if I end up using any of your work.

Funny enough given justtxyank commented about it right after I did, but I went through and had set up a version using nGo pictures. I hadn't touched upon stats of any kind, but I had added a bunch of agers and had worked out an "add-on" set of pictures that were in the 96 file but are people who aren't in nGo (i.e. people like Bad Boy Batty Bat and the multitude of Australian workers). I also had added a tweaked up version of the whole TV stations setup from (I believe) the 1991 mod since it seemed to be the most in-depth one I could find, and had added my favorite gimmicks, angles, and matches files. I was also going to add starting storylines once I made it to 1996 in my WWE Network marathon and knew exactly what stories the WWF, WCW, and ECW were using at the time, but I didn't make it there yet, so it hadn't been done. Matt added a ton of chemistry notes, but outside of that I don't know what all he had done to it since last we had spoken about it.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived