WWF '96: In Your House

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bcHKx7eohB4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WWF 1996: In Your House

The year 1995 (or as some may call it, the Year of Diesel) has come and gone and the New Generation of the World Wrestling Federation continues to grow. Backed by cornerstones such as Bret “The Hitman” Hart, “Big Daddy Cool” Diesel, and “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels, the WWF has become more exciting than ever before! Hart has recently ended the year-long WWF Title reign of Diesel, who ran rampant over every competitor in his path and is hungry for another opportunity. The British Bulldog, Owen Hart, The Undertaker, and Razor Ramon have all come into their own as top stars in the World Wrestling Federation as well, along with potential future main eventers down at the bottom of the card.

With the Royal Rumble looming, who will stake their claim to main event the twelfth edition of WrestleMania and challenge for the WWF Championship? Contracts are set to expire, a few wrestlers have yet to debut, but one thing’s for sure – the year 1996 in the World Wrestling Federation is set to be explosive, innovative, and monumental!

Here’s the roster, with links provided to short ‘bios’ that I’ve created to give some information as to what’s going on with each worker, since I’m sure you all need a refresher from 18 years ago
:D

WWF Roster as of January 1, 1996

Main Event

Upper Midcard

Midcard

Lower Midcard

Opener

Aldo Montoya (F)

Barry Horowitz (F)

Buddy Landel (H)

Hakushi (F)

Enhancement Talent

Brooklyn Brawler (H)

Rad Radford (H)

Occasional Wrestlers

Bushwhacker Butch (F)

Bushwhacker Luke (F)

Managers

Hillbilly Jim (F); manages no one

Jim Cornette (H); manages Camp Cornette

Marlena (H); manages Goldust

Mr. Fuji (H); manages Yokozuna

Paul Bearer (F); manages The Undertaker

Sunny (H); manages The Bodydonnas

Ted DiBiase (H); manages Million Dollar Corporation

Uncle Zebekiah (?); manages Justin “Hawk” Bradshaw

Announcers

Jim Ross

Vince McMahon

Color Commentators

Dok Hendrix

Curt Hennig

Tag Teams

The Bodydonnas (Skip and Zip)

The Bushwhackers (Butch and Luke)

Razor Ramon and Savio Vega

The Smokin’ Gunns (Billy and Bart Gunn)

Stables

Camp Cornette (Jim Cornette, British Bulldog, Owen Hart, Yokozuna)

Million Dollar Corporation (Ted DiBiase, Sid Vicious, 1-2-3 Kid, The Ringmaster)

So yes, I'm going to be working on a 1996 game and I think I have some quality ideas. The Hangover is
far
from over, I've just set this one up as a side diary like Beejus and TFC have done recently, among others. This probably won't get updated nearly as much as 2004, but I need something to go to in order to have a breath of fresh air from my main game. Results will probably be in bullet points rather than full paragraphs, and pay-per-views will most likely get normal write-ups. Hope you guys enjoy it!

I wanna send a shoutout to BurningHamster for his January '96 mod as well as the picture pack used by NWAvsWWF in his awesome 1996: The War Begins mod.

Table of Contents/Title Histories

Table of Contents

Monday Night RAW

January 1996

Superstars

January 1996

Pay-Per-Views

In Your House 6; Week 3, February

WrestleMania XII; Week 4, March

In Your House 7; Week 4, April

In Your House 8; Week 3, May

King of the Ring; Week 3, June

In Your House 9; Week 3, July

SummerSlam; Week 3, August

In Your House 10; Week 3, September

In Your House 11; Week 3, October

Survivor Series; Week 3, November

In Your House 12; Week 2, December

Monthly Recaps/Updated Rosters

Current Champions

World Wrestling Federation Champion

http://i.imgur.com/yfwsP6O.jpg

Bret Hart
(3)

Date Won:
November 1995 (Survivor Series)

Previous Champions:

1. Diesel

2. Bob Backlund (2)

3. Bret Hart (2)

WWF Intercontinental Champion

http://i.imgur.com/mR9uUUY.jpg

Razor Ramon
(4)

Date Won:
October 1995 (WWF Action Zone)

Previous Champions:

1. Jeff Jarrett (2)

2. Vacant

3. Jeff Jarrett

WWF World Tag Team Champions

http://i.imgur.com/7qzX22B.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/lrKLepa.jpg

The Smokin' Gunns
(2)

Date Won:
September 1995 (RAW)

Previous Champions:

1. Owen Hart and Yokozuna (2)

2. Two Dudes With Attitude

3. Owen Hart and Yokozuna

King of the Ring

http://i.imgur.com/l39w6Rp.jpg

King Mabel

Date Won:
June 1995

Previous Champions:

1. Owen Hart

2. Bret Hart (2)

3. Bret Hart

NEXT: RAW!

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

Also, push Tatanka! I used to love him back in the day :)

Good to hear! Glad to see as good a writer as yourself on board.

You know, I could've sworn Tatanka turned face before he left, but apparently he was heel until he fizzled out in '96. You'll see my plans for him :)

I really like the little bios. Nice touch

Thanks! Figured it might help catch everyone up rather than just throwing everyone into the fire.

Excited to see what you do with this time period! The roster is very much wide open for you to do things with, as I don't think anything was completely "set in stone" as the booking narrative goes yet. Should be a good one!

There is so much to do with the current roster and with guys that came in that year (Mankind, Faarooq, The Rock etc), but I think the thing I'm most excited for is to handle the debut of Vader and hopefully book him the way that he should have been booked IRL. It should be pretty fun at this 'crossroads' point in wrestling history.

Like always, I'll be following this, my brother! :D

Can you tell me how did you do the bios, though? I really loved them.

Glad to hear! The bios were simple, I typed up the text in Word, copied the photo into the Word document, hit Print Screen, then cropped it so it was only the white background, and saved/uploaded :D it's really simple but I figured it would be a decent resource.

Good to hear from all of you, I've booked the first show and I should have the write-up posted later on tonight or tomorrow! I think I'm only going to do a PPV prediction contest, for the record. But that could change.

WWF Monday Night RAW: Week 1, January 1996

1. OPENING SEGMENT (73; B-):
    Vince McMahon and Jerry "The King" Lawler introduce us to this year's RAW Bowl!

• Since it's college football bowl season, we decided to theme the New Years' show as the 'RAW Bowl.'

• Action was set to begin with a 4-way tag match!

• As
      Razor Ramon
      made his entrance with
      Savio Vega
      , he was given a package from an usher.

• The package contained gold roses, and Razor turned around to see
      Goldust
      standing by the entranceway!

• Ramon tossed the roses to the ground and threw his toothpick in the direction of Goldust, who slid back into the shadows.

[*]
RAW BOWL (53; C-):
The Smokin' Gunns © vs. Razor Ramon and Savio Vega vs. Sid and 1-2-3 Kid vs. Owen Hart and Yokozuna

• This was an elimination-style match for the Tag Titles. According to football rules, each team was awarded a 'time-out' at any time.

• The cheesy football feel didn't stop there; the referee was dressed like a football referee and the puns by Lawler and McMahon...my god, the puns.

• Razor was distracted by Goldust once again and was rolled up by Owen Hart, who held the tights for the elimination.

• Hart himself was next to be eliminated, when Yokozuna accidentally hit him with the Banzai Drop and the Gunns took care of business.

• They then double-teamed Sid and eventually hit the Kid with the Sidewinder to retain the belts and win the RAW Bowl!

• After the match,
    The Brooklyn Brawler
    hit the ring to present the Gunns with the (Steve) Lombardi Trophy for winning the RAW Bowl, but they waffled him and dumped a cooler of water on him! Only Vince could find this funny.

[*]
VINCE AND LAWLER (64; C):
We're back at ringside and the commentators do some work talking about
Shawn Michaels'
press conference next week.

• McMahon was hopeful that Michaels will return from his head injury suffered at the hands (feet?) of Owen Hart

• On the other hand, "The King" predicted that Michaels will announce his
    retirement
    next week on RAW!

[*]
MATCH (47; D):
Henry O. Godwinn vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

• This one was a rematch from In Your House 5: Season's Beatings.

• "The Connecticut Blueblood" toyed with Godwinn early on, but Henry was able to use his power to get back into the match.

• Godwinn caught wind of Lawler's repeated jokes about him being an uneducated swine and went over to get in his face.

• This was all the opening that Helmsley needed, however, and he ended up attacking him from behind before finishing him with the Pedigree in the ring.

[*]
TWO MINUTE DRILL (68; C+):
Keeping with the football theme, McMahon and Lawler sent it to the back, where
Dok Hendrix
and
Jim Ross
sat at a news desk and spoke about a series of topics in a two minute timeframe.

• First up, Ross talks about how
    Diesel
    was the first man to sign the contract to officially enter himself into the Royal Rumble. The big man wants his title back!

• Dok talks about the
    Bret Hart vs. Undertaker
    match that will headline the pay-per-view; can "The Hitman" escape the clutches of "The Phenom?"

• Finally, Hendrix sends us to a short video clip from In Your House 5, where
    Ahmed Johnson
    was assaulted with the ring bell by
    "Double J" Jeff Jarrett
    during an interview with
    Jerry Lawler
    . Johnson has vowed revenge at the Royal Rumble!

[*]
MATCH (53; C-):
Diesel took on King Mabel
in the next match, and McMahon mentions how King Mabel stated that he would 'rule' the year 1996.

• Diesel made sure that his reign did not begin on his watch, shockingly beating his SummerSlam '95 opponent in just over four minutes after a Big Boot!

• After the match, Sir Mo caught a Jacknife for his efforts!

[*]
BACK AT RINGSIDE (70; C+):
Lawler and McMahon mention how in three weeks,
The Undertaker
will take on
Bret Hart
and challenge for the WWF Championship.

• Lawler says that there are plenty of guys more deserving than The Undertaker (like the man we're going to see next, the British Bulldog)

• McMahon retorts by saying he put King Mabel in a casket back at In Your House, and asks Lawler if he's going to be the one to tell 'Taker he doesn't deserve a title shot.

• Vince continues by saying that it's going to be a tall task for "The Hitman," and it's going to be a great match in three weeks at the Royal Rumble!

• McMahon also says that he can't wait to announce the man who will debut at the Royal Rumble, but isn't able to do it just yet!

[*]
MAIN EVENT (74; B-):
British Bulldog w/Jim Cornette vs. Bob Holly

• The incredibly powerful Bulldog looked frustrated going into this one, having lost two consecutive opportunities at the WWF Title.

• Holly showed definite resilience, but was brutalized by the Bulldog for most of the match.

• Lawler put over how Bulldog got robbed at IYH because Bret "held the tights" (spoiler alert: he didn't), but "The King" continued to defend Davey and Cornette.

• Holly got a little bit of momentum going, but came off the ropes for a cross body and was caught, the Bulldog lifting him up for the Running Powerslam and the victory.

[*]
SENDOFF/GRAPHIC (85; B+):
McMahon thanks everyone for joining us here at Monday Night RAW tonight, but before we head off the air, Vince announces the list of men currently entered into the Royal Rumble.

• Accompanied with a graphic for each superstar is the following list of superstars:
    Diesel
    , who was announced already,
    Owen Hart
    The British Bulldog
    Savio Vega
    King Mabel
    Barry Horowitz
    Yokozuna
    Tatanka
    , and...
    VADER
    !

• A short video package airs, showing Vader doing everything from military pressing to doing backflips on trampolines, ending with the ominous V hand symbol, signaling his arrival to the WWF alongside a cheesy guitar solo!

• Lawler comments on the magnitude of this announcement as McMahon agrees before hyping some of the action next week, including
    Jeff Jarrett
    taking on
    Hakushi
    and the press conference of
    Shawn Michaels
    !

• Vince thanks everyone again and the broadcast feed fades out!

OVERALL SHOW RATING:
71 (B-)

Notes
: This show increased our popularity in 10 regions, while it declined in 10 other regions. A really average show.

Quick Results

RAW Bowl, WWF Tag Team Championship

The Smokin' Gunns ©
retained against Razor Ramon and Savio Vega, Sycho Sid and 1-2-3 Kid, and Owen Hart and Yokozuna

Henry O. Godwinn vs.
Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Diesel
vs. King Mabel w/Sir Mo

Bob Holly vs.
British Bulldog w/Jim Cornette

http://i.imgur.com/D2Jigk6.jpg

WWF Monday Night RAW
Monday, Week 1, January 1996

So there's the first show. Pretty much chalk from the first show in '96 except for that Bulldog/Holly main event (in TEW, couldn't have Diesel/Mabel squash match as my main event obviously). Bear with me as I figure out a concrete format here, I'm hoping to include the picture pack somehow.

Also, I'm going to try to be realistic to the time period, so the RAW episodes probably won't be anything crazy special, but I'm hoping to get some improvements over the pay-per-views going on in this time period. Any input on the format, or anything else, would be greatly appreciated! Hope you guys liked the first show, Superstars is next.

WWF Superstars: Week 1, January 1996

1. MATCH (46; D):

• The commentary team of Vince McMahon, Jim Ross, and Curt Hennig welcomed us to the show with Avatar already standing in the ring.

• The only notable part of this match was Yankem grabbing each part of Avatar's jaw and pulling it apart. He finished him with the "DDS."

• Really Vince, a
      dentist
      ? This match sucked.

[*]
VIDEO RECAP (64; C):
Video footage again shows us how
Jerry "The King" Lawler
played a role in
Jeff Jarrett's
assault of
Ahmed Johnson
at In Your House a few weeks ago.

• Graphic for Lawler vs. Johnson right after this commercial break~!

[*]
OR MAYBE NOT (60; C):
Back to action here, with
Ahmed Johnson
making his entrance first. Lawler comes out on crutches, with
Buddy Landel
holding a microphone for him.

• Lawler says he has a bad ankle injury and 'unfortunately' can't compete tonight, with Ahmed complaining in the ring.

• Instead, "The King" decrees, Ahmed Johnson is going to take on his replacement, Buddy Landel!

[*]
MATCH (42; D):
Ahmed Johnson vs. Buddy Landel

• Just when you thought you might get a decent match to advance a storyline, you get this one.

• Landel's not a bad worker by any means, but he isn't good enough to carry Ahmed. He fell to the Pearl River Plunge in about five minutes.

[*]
VADER VIDEO (73; B-):
McMahon, Ross, and Hennig hype the impending arrival of Vader to the World Wrestling Federation.

• Hennig seems especially excited for such a 'perfect' blend of power, speed, and intensity.

• We're treated to the same short video clip we saw on RAW, with Vader on a trampoline, in the weight room, playing with puppies, etc. He'll be in the Rumble!

[*]
MATCH (38; D-):
Skip w/Sunny and Zip vs. Aldo Montoya

• Another match with two garbage gimmicks here. At least Sunny made it worth watching...sort of.

• Assuming you 'Skipped' this one, I'll just tell you that Zip interfered when Montoya hit a flying cross body and Skip was able to hit the Blonde Bombshell for the win.

[*]
DIESEL IS AWESOME (56; C-):
The commentators show
Diesel's
dominance over
King Mabel
on RAW, and hype his chances in the Rumble.

• McMahon loves Diesel's new attitude, and thinks "Big Daddy Cool" has to be considered the favorite.

• Hennig retorts by saying there
    is
    no favorite, there's 30 guys and it's absolute chaos in that ring. McMahon's never even been
    in
    one, he has no idea.

• Ross says that Diesel's size and power definitely give him an advantage, and he wouldn't be surprised if he goes on to WrestleMania again.

[*]
MAIN EVENT (60; C):
The Undertaker w/Paul Bearer vs. Rad Radford

• This was the best match of the night. I kid you not.

• If 'Taker can do one thing, it's believably instill fear in his opponents.

• Radford, clearly distraught after his rejection by Bodydonnas Skip and Sunny, should
    really
    get a rematch here because
    he wasn't ready

• Rad got in literally zero offense and received a Tombstone Piledriver from the #1 Contender. It made 'Taker look good at least.

[*]
OHHHH YESSS! (75; B-):
Paul Bearer and his shrill voice grabbed a mic for a message to Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

• Paul, in a way that only he can, spoke about why Bret should fear The Undertaker.

• No amount of heart or guts will stop Hart from ending up in a body bag at the end of the Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

• 'Taker's "Creatures of the Night" will be behind him, and "The Hitman" will not be able to overcome that force.

• Bret will........Rest In Peace.

[*]
SENDOFF (60; C):
Each commentator says their piece on the match as they wrap up the show.

• Ross says that no one has 'heart' like "The Hitman" and he's gonna have to dig deep to beat "The Phenom."

• Hennig says neither man should be in this title match, but he poses the question of 'how could Bret beat The Undertaker'? That guy's not gonna submit.

• Vince finishes by saying that he has no idea who's going to walk out of the PPV with the title (liar), but it's going to be a great show, and reminds us to tune in to RAW this Monday!

OVERALL SHOW RATING:
64 ©

Notes
: Nothing special really. Rumble's shaping up to have some decent matches, hopefully.

Quick Results

Isaac Yankem, DDS

Ahmed Johnson
vs. Buddy Landel

Aldo Montoya vs.
Skip w/Sunny and Zip

The Undertaker w/Paul Bearer
vs. Rad Radford

http://i.imgur.com/uIlJ2fJ.jpg

WWF Superstars
Sunday, Week 1, January 1996

The Rumble is 2 weeks from this show, and I'm excited to get there. I might be churning these out sort of quick up until then, but they're not too much to read so I hope you guys don't mind that
:)

WHATT!?!? You've started another diary?!?! I must admit, I'm not overly familiar with the era, but I like what I've read so far my man. Just hope the 2004 diary continues :D

It's a very different era of wrestling and I'm excited to tackle it. 2004 is absolutely still going, I just wanted to open up something different so my creative process for my other diary doesn't stagnate. I have big plans in that one. And this one. :)

WWF Monday Night RAW: Week 2, January 1996

1. OPENING VIDEO/GRAPHIC (76; B-):
    The cheesy opening video plays as Monday Night RAW is on the air!

• Before we even go to the commentary table, video footage is shown of the media getting ready for the press conference of
      Shawn Michaels
      tonight!

[*]
"WELCOME EVERYONE" (65; C):
The familiar voices of
Vince McMahon
and
Jim Ross
welcome us to the show!

• They weigh in on some of the events here tonight, including Michaels' press conference.

• The commentary team also mentions that the WWF Champion
    Bret "The Hitman" Hart
    will be in action here tonight against
    Tatanka
    !

[*]
MATCH (50; D+):
Barry Horowitz vs. Goldust w/Marlena

• Presumably fresh off a bath filled with liquid gold backstage, Goldust looked oddly relaxed and methodical in this one.

• In between making bizarre gestures and sounds toward Marlena, he allowed her to blow smoke from her cigar in the face of Horowitz, who quite frankly had no chance.

• The Golden One hit a lifting reverse DDT named the Curtain Call, flattening his opponent for a squash victory.

[*]
BACK AT RINGSIDE (61; C):
McMahon and Ross talk about the pandemonium that will be taking place at the Royal Rumble in just thirteen days.

• After bringing up a few of the entrants announced last week, they go to a graphic of some new competitors.

• The new announced entrants were as follows:
    1-2-3 Kid, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Phatu, Skip, and Bob Backlund
    !

• McMahon reiterates that
    Vader
    will be making his WWF debut in the match as well!

[*]
MILLION DOLLAR LOVE (54; C-):
The loathsome
Brother Love
was in the ring next, introducing the guest for "The Brother Love Show,"
Ted DiBiase

• "The Million Dollar Man" stood to his right, holding the Million Dollar Championship.

• He says that he has been searching far and wide for a man to bestow his Million Dollar Title upon, and has finally found someone worthy of such a distinction. He introduces him as
    The Ringmaster

• Some Bruce Willis-looking guy comes down to the ring to DiBiase's music and accepts the championship. He cuts a quick promo about entering the Royal Rumble and booting everyone over the top rope to go on to WrestleMania.

• He says everybody's got a price for the Million Dollar Man, and all parties involved engage in their best evil laugh as we head to a commercial.

[*]
MATCH (46; D):
Marty Jannetty vs. Brooklyn Brawler

• I bet Lombardi preferred last week, where he got water dumped on him and was humiliated in the ring by the Smokin' Gunns.

• Every time he turned around, he was hit with another lightning-fast strike by Jannetty.

• As usual, the Brawler found himself looking into the lights, this time after the Rocker Dropper.

[*]
CAMP CORNETTE (77; B):
Backstage,
Jim Cornette
and his trio of superstars get some promo time on the Royal Rumble.

• Owen
    , of course, butts in first -- not only does he know he's gonna win the Rumble, but he hopes his dear older brother can survive The Undertaker so he can beat him at WrestleMania
    AGAIN
    !

• For the first time in his career,
    The Bulldog
    has had a taste of gold twice in a row, but came up short. He's not going to come up short when he makes his country proud in the Royal Rumble.

• Cornette himself does the talking for
    Yokozuna
    , saying that the most dominant WWF Champion in history has beaten 'Taker and Bret already, and plans on doing it again at WrestleMania!

[*]
MATCH (61; C):
Hakushi vs. Jeff Jarrett

• Hakushi should have known that his high-risk offense would be exploited by the...
    creative
    mind of "Double J."

• This was a quite competitive match, but the tides turned when Hakushi went for a springboard attack, but Jarrett hit the ropes and crotched his opponent on the turnbuckle.

• After putting his knees up, bruising Hakushi's ribs after an attempted flying splash, Jarrett locked in the Figure Four and Hakushi had to submit.

[*]
JARRETT GETS TUNED UP (48 (D+)):
After the match,
Jarrett
keeps the submission hold on
Hakushi
until
Ahmed Johnson
hits the ring!

• Johnson chases Jarrett away but eyes his acoustic guitar which was hanging from the ring post.

• Ahmed displays a short uncontrollable outburst in which he smashed the guitar on the ground, and Jarrett was livid! As if that's his only guitar.

[*]
AS FOR SHAWN MICHAELS... (62; C):
Finally, our commentators send us to the media room, where
Shawn Michaels
takes the podium.

• Michaels thanks his doctors for taking such good care of him, and is overly serious while trying to sell his head injury.

• Giving credit where credit is due, Shawn announces that he will, against doctor's orders, be entering his name into the Royal Rumble in two weeks!

• A standing ovation and a 'thank you' end a segment that was hyped for a week and was over in 90 seconds.

[*]
MAIN EVENT (72; B-):
Bret Hart vs. Tatanka in a non-title match

• Tatanka hadn't been seen in a few weeks, but the fans didn't really seem to miss the Native American turncoat.

• "The Hitman," on the other hand, looked fired up behind the adoration of the audience as they cheered him on while Tatanka dominated.

• Just when you thought Tatanka might have a huge upset in hand, Bret fired back with an inverted atomic drop, Russian legsweep, a backbreaker, a second-rope elbow and the Sharpshooter for the win!

• Boom boom boom, five moves of doom -- the champion picks up a win.

[*]
NOT AFRAID (62; C):
After the match,
Dok Hendrix
gets in the ring to ask
Bret
about his match and Undertaker's comments.

• "The Hitman" reiterates what he's said his entire career - he'll take on anyone that comes after his title and his pride.

• Hart guarantees he'll walk out of the Royal Rumble with the WWF Title even though he's not sure 'Taker will submit to his Sharpshooter.

• Bret says that the Undertaker may be big and strong, but he's "The Best There Is, the Best There Was, and the Best There Ever Will Be" and that's why he's going to be able to get creative enough to retain his title at the Rumble!

[*]
SENDOFF (60; C):
As Hart's music hits and he slaps the hands of the fans, we go over to ringside one last time.

• McMahon and Ross agree that there's a lot to get excited about at the Royal Rumble in 13 days, and it will be an explosive event for sure!

• Next week,
    Owen Hart
    will take on
    Marty Jannetty
    and
    The Ringmaster
    will be in action for the first time on RAW as well!

• The commentators thank the TV audience for tuning in as the show concludes.

OVERALL SHOW RATING:
71 (B-)

Notes
: This show increased our popularity in 10 regions, while it declined in 10 other regions. Sorta the same as last week, but the in-ring action was slightly better.

Quick Results

Barry Horowitz vs.
Goldust w/Marlena

Marty Jannetty
vs. Brooklyn Brawler

Hakushi vs.
Jeff Jarrett

Non-Title Match

Bret Hart
vs. Tatanka

http://i.imgur.com/D2Jigk6.jpg

WWF Monday Night RAW
Monday, Week 2, January 1996

Superstars next, feedback appreciated as always!

I really like the style you are using RKO. I quite lack the lack of pictures as it happens - makes things look nice and clean.

I'm looking forward to see how things progress.

Thanks! Good to hear you're on board as well. I'm liking this format so far too, it's a really simple template to write the show in and I don't feel this time period needs a crazy amount of detail for the weekly shows. I'm hoping to create something completely different from my 2004 diary and I think this is the right era to do that with.

Hope you like what's to come!

WWF Superstars: Week 2, January 1996

1. WELCOME! (55; C-):
    Jim Ross, Vince McMahon, and Curt Hennig are all on commentary for this event, and they welcome the audience to WWF Superstars!

• They give a short rundown of the matches tonight --
      Razor Ramon
      is in action,
      Hunter Hearst Helmsley
      will take on
      Bob Holly
      , and
      Zip
      takes on
      Bart Gunn
      in his WWF debut!

[*]
MATCH (45; D):
Avatar vs. Yokozuna w/Jim Cornette

• Not much to see here. Neither of these guys are Japanese, both playing Japanese characters. Yoko drops the Banzai Drop for the win.

[*]
HBK REPEAT? (78; B):
McMahon reminds us that
Shawn Michaels
announced that he
will
participate in the Royal Rumble next Sunday, sending us to a video in the process.

• The video chronicles Michaels' career right up until his collapse a few weeks ago following an Enzuigiri from Owen Hart. His announcement of his entry into the Rumble leaves a hopeful ending to the video.

[*]
MATCH (37; D-):
Bart Gunn w/Billy Gunn vs. Zip w/Skip and Sunny

• A cowboy takes on a fitness fanatic as gimmicky garbage rules the day.

• Anything the Bodydonnas touch turns to trash it seems, as the fans did not react to this one at all.

• In his in-ring debut, Zip rolled up Bart thanks to a distraction from Sunny to pick up a surprising win over one-half of the Tag Team Champs.

[*]
SIZE MATTERS (61; C):
We head back to ringside, where the commentators once again talk about
Diesel
and
Vader
being the Royal Rumble favorites.

• All eyes on the big guys, McMahon says. But what about Shawn Michaels?

• Hennig says he'd be surprised if Michaels could figure out his way into the arena next Sunday.

[*]
SINGING A DIFFERENT TUNE (56; C-):
Dok Hendrix welcomes
Jeff Jarrett
to the ring and asks him about Ahmed breaking his guitar.

• Usually calm and arrogant, Jarrett's intensity shone through here as he guaranteed a win over that disrespectful Ahmed Johnson at the Rumble.

[*]
MATCH (40; D-):
Bob Holly vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

• Holly seems to make a living on coming up
    just
    short.

• He had Helmsley on the ropes for a flurry late in the match, but Hunter outsmarted him and landed the Pedigree for the win.

[*]
BLUEBLOODED BRAGGART (52; D+):
After
Helmsley's
win, McMahon gets in the ring to interview him about the Rumble.

• Predictably, Hunter cites his superior blood, class, and proper training as why he will go on to WrestleMania.

• He criticizes the rest of the field, specifically mentioning wrestlers such as Duke "The Dumpster" Droese as lower class and unfit for such a Royal distinction.

[*]
RINGMASTER RECAP:
The next hype video shows exactly what happened last Monday on RAW's Brother Love show.

• For those who missed it,
    Ted DiBiase
    introduced a man known as
    The Ringmaster
    as the new Million Dollar Champion. I feel like I've seen this guy before...

• He'll be in action this Monday!

[*]
MAIN EVENT (58; C-):
Razor Ramon vs. The Brooklyn Brawler

• Why does the Brawler even try?

• Once again, he got smacked by a better opponent and felt the Razor's Edge,
    barely
    losing another match.

[*]
RAZOR'S ROMANCE (69; C+):
Razor
began to celebrate his victory after having his hand raised by the referee.

• With no announcement or fanfare,
    Goldust
    stood in the crowd, blowing sensual kisses and making gestures toward "The Bad Guy."

• This infuriated Ramon, and the Intercontinental Champion threatened to hop the fence and beat him senseless, but eventually took the high road.

[*]
SENDOFF (52; D+):
This one's nearing its end as the commentators send off the broadcast.

• McMahon reminds everyone to tune in this Monday as
    "The Rocket" Owen Hart
    takes on
    Marty Jannetty
    in a high-flying affair!

• Ross supplements this by reminding us that
    Isaac Yankem
    will go one-on-one with
    The Undertaker
    and his Creatures of the Night!

OVERALL SHOW RATING:
64 ©

Notes
: None.

Quick Results

Yokozuna w/Jim Cornette

Bart Gunn w/Billy Gunn vs.
Zip w/Skip and Sunny

Bob Holly vs.
Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Non-Title Match

Razor Ramon
vs. The Brooklyn Brawler

http://i.imgur.com/uIlJ2fJ.jpg

WWF Superstars
Sunday, Week 2, January 1996

Another Superstars down, but I think my show ratings are gonna be on the rise since in the game, McMahon's, Hendrix's, and Ross's popularities are rising by talking about the guys they're talking about. Those promos should get better soon for sure, and then hopefully that will aid the matches around them. Two more shows and then the Rumble!

Nice and easy to read & follow. Looking forward to the Rumble.

That's the idea :). Succinct but hopefully entertaining. I'm looking forward to it as well!

Hey RKOwnage,

Great job on this diary, so far. I know it's never that easy when writing one about the days when squash matches were the norm on television. But you are doing a great job. The one thing that made me cringe was seeing Vader playing with puppies...? Really? lol.

Thanks! Yeah, the squash matches are going to get a little tougher as I move through, but the good thing about moving through is that I can get further and further away from these types of shows and into more competitive weekly matches. I just didn't want to do it right off the bat so as not to throw any sort of realism to the wayside.

I actually just threw that puppies thing in there to see if people were reading :D ... it was just a stupid joke, he's obviously more of a kitten guy. Our narrator tends to be a bit of a sarcastic idiot in case you couldn't tell.

Isaac Yankeem... his gimmick rating must be very high. :D

Goldust vs. Razor feud is pure gold.

I love the campy gimmicks in the same way I love crappy sci-fi movies, I think the Yankem gimmick is genius :p And yes, IC Gold vs. Gold(ust) is certainly pure gold :)

<p>WWF Monday Night RAW: Week 3, January 1996</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38395" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></div></div></div></div></div></div><ol style="list-style-type:decimal;"><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>OPENING VIDEO/WELCOME (50; D+):</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Pure, uncut, RAW action coming your way next!</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Vince McMahon</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> and </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Jerry "The King" Lawler</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> welcome us to the show and hype each of the matches tonight.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>The Ringmaster</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> is in action for the first time, we've got an exciting contest in </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Owen Hart</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> versus </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Marty Jannetty</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">, and </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Isaac Yankem</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> looks to extract the dead, soulless teeth of </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>The Undertaker</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div></li></ul></li></ol><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> [*]</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY (61; C):</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> McMahon sends us to backstage reporter </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Dok Hendrix</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> in the back near the parking lot.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Dok informs the crowd that later on he'll be interviewing Goldust, but he has word that Razor Ramon will be in the building as well!</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Hendrix is waiting to interview the Intercontinental Champion as well, and he'll let us know when he gets into the building!</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li></ul><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> [*]</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>MATCH (24; E):</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><em>Duke Droese vs. Buddy Landel</em></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">This was dreadful to watch.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Droese is literal garbage.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Trash Compactor signals a win for "The Dumpster."</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li></ul><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> [*]</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>MORE GARBAGE (42; D):</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> For some reason, production assistants let Droese grab a microphone after the match.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">I looked away and logged into cyberspace for a few minutes until I heard him call out Hunter Hearst Helmsley.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">From what I got, Droese didn't appreciate Hunter's comments on Superstars, and challenged him to a match at the Free For All event before Royal Rumble this Sunday.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div></li></ul><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> [*]</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>MASTERFUL PERFORMANCE (51; D+):</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><em>Barry Horowitz vs. The Ringmaster w/Ted DiBiase</em></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Thank god this guy got the Million Dollar Title, because nothing else about him stands out whatsoever.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">So the title was a bit misleading, as Ringmaster didn't look fantastic, but Horowitz put him over pretty well.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Ringmaster finished this one up with the Million Dollar Dream, an interesting touch. DiBiase praised him off the mic after the match.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li></ul><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> [*]</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>DIESEL POWER (72; B-):</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> A pre-taped </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Diesel</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> promo (complete with awful guitar work in the background) is aired.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">He's got some words about the Rumble, and simply exudes confidence as he talks about getting the WWF Championship back.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div></li></ul><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> [*]</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>VADER TIME? (80; B):</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Countering Diesel, there's a similar promo by </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Vader</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">, screaming incoherently.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">He babbled some crazy things about the Rocky Mountains and how he's gonna cause an avalanche as he bulldozes everyone in his way. Or something.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">More flexing, lifting, and trampoline backflips here. McMahon and Lawler discuss their Rumble favorites which include both Vader and Diesel.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div></li></ul><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> [*]</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>MATCH (65; C):</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><em>Marty Jannetty vs. "The Rocket" Owen Hart w/Jim Cornette</em></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Owen's primarily been working in the tag division, but he got some time to shine here.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">He and Jannetty predictably put on a solid match, and after Jannetty missed a springboard crossbody, Owen rolled him up and held the tights for a win.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li></ul><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> [*]</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>SHAWN'S RETURN (75; B-):</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> A hype video plays for the return of </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Shawn Michaels</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> at the Royal Rumble.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">It includes exclusive comments from him and his doctor about how he could further injure his head in the match.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Michaels says that nothing matters more to him than winning the WWF Title at WrestleMania and achieving his hopes and dreams.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div></li></ul><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> [*]</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>MCMAHON AND GOLDUST (64; C):</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> With Dok Hendrix in the back waiting on Razor Ramon, Vince McMahon stands in the ring with the bizarre </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Goldust</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Goldust's mannerisms weird out McMahon easily as he stands a full arm's length away from him, holding the microphone to his mouth.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Amidst gyrations and rubbing himself, Goldust talks about his love for Razor Ramon and how he really wants to take everything off of Ramon.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">McMahon says that this is a family show and he can't make comments like that, but Goldust specifies that he means leaving his waist bare by taking the IC Title.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li></ul><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> [*]</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>ROOT CANAL (72; B-):</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><em>The Undertaker w/Paul Bearer vs. Isaac Yankem, DDS</em></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Yankem came in as a tall, imposing opponent for The Undertaker and the commentators (especially Lawler) hyped him up.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Unfortunately for the dentist, hype was all he could muster as 'Taker beat up on him from start to finish.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Yankem went for a chokeslam at one point but was caught in the mouth by a 'Taker fist and received a Tombstone Piledriver shortly thereafter.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li></ul><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> [*]</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>SENDOFF, TUNE IN! (68; C+):</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> With The Undertaker declared the victor, McMahon and Lawler talk about his chances at the Rumble.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Other than the title match, they remind us to tune in to the Free For All beforehand at 7:30 PM Eastern. </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Call your pay-per-view providers! But wait, McMahon sends us in the back to Dok Hendrix!</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li></ul><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> [*]</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>BAD GUY BEATDOWN (82; B):</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Hendrix is in the back again interviewing </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Goldust</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> when </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Razor Ramon</strong></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> busts through the door!</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Hendrix puts the microphone in his face, but Ramon bats it away and whacks Goldust in the mouth with a series of right hands!</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">He beats Goldust around the backstage area as McMahon is panicking on commentary, but Goldust catches him with a low blow!</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">While officials separate the two competitors, Ramon breaks away and continues to beat on his golden challenger and the show fades out in inconclusive chaos!</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><br /></li></ul><p></p><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>____________________________________________</strong></span></span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>OVERALL SHOW RATING:</strong></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> 70 (C+)</span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';">: This show increased our popularity in 10 regions, while it declined in 10 other regions. Good angle to end the show, the Rumble should be pretty good I think.</span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Results</span></strong></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>Duke Droese</strong></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> vs. Buddy Landel</span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Barry Horowitz vs. </span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>The Ringmaster w/Ted DiBiase</strong></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> Marty Jannetty vs. </span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>Owen Hart w/Jim Cornette</strong></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><strong>The Undertaker</strong></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> vs. Isaac Yankem, DDS</span></div></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"> </span></div></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i.imgur.com/D2Jigk6.jpg</span><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:18px;"> </span></span></strong></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="color:#FF0000;">WWF Monday Night RAW</span></span></span></span></strong></div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Monday, Week 3, January 1996</span></span></span></strong></div></div></div></div></div></div></div><div></div></blockquote><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div></div></div></div><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">Superstars next, feedback appreciated as always!</div></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p>

<p>the format is a breeze to read; really enjoying it.</p><p> </p><p>

the content is great and really has that 1996 feel. I get the impression you're trying out new things and seeing what works and what doesn't - the WWF is definitely in a transition phase and you've captured it brilliantly.</p><p> </p><p>

really looking forward to the Rumble and Goldust/Razor in particular; this last week has really pumped me up for that match!</p><p> </p><p>

KUTGW!</p>

the format is a breeze to read; really enjoying it.

the content is great and really has that 1996 feel. I get the impression you're trying out new things and seeing what works and what doesn't - the WWF is definitely in a transition phase and you've captured it brilliantly.

really looking forward to the Rumble and Goldust/Razor in particular; this last week has really pumped me up for that match!

KUTGW!

Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you like the style. I like writing it, the style makes a lot of things a lot less tedious which is very important to me as a side diary. Goldust/Razor was an interesting feud in real life as it one of Razor's last rivalries with WWF...maybe that changes in this universe? :D

I'll have the card up in a few minutes so you guys can predict and stuff! Still another episode of Superstars to go though.

WWF Royal Rumble Card: Sunday, Week 3, January 1996

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/1/19/Royal_Rumble_1996_logo_.jpg

WWF Royal Rumble

Sunday, Week 3, January 1996

Selland Arena; Fresno, CA

WWF Championship

Bret Hart © vs. The Undertaker w/Paul Bearer

Comment:

Royal Rumble Match

1-2-3 Kid, Aldo Montoya, Avatar, Barry Horowitz, Bob Backlund, Bob Holly, British Bulldog, Buddy Landel, Diesel, Hakushi, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Jerry Lawler, King Mabel, Owen Hart, Phatu, The Ringmaster, Savio Vega, Shawn Michaels, Sir Mo, Skip, Sycho Sid, Tatanka, Vader, Yokozuna, Other (specify)

Comment:

Grudge Match

Ahmed Johnson vs. Jeff Jarrett

Comment:

WWF Tag Team Championship

The Smokin' Gunns © vs. The Bodydonnas w/Sunny

Comment:

WWF Intercontinental Championship

Razor Ramon © vs. Goldust w/Marlena

Comment:

Free For All Pre-Show*

Duke "The Dumpster" Droese vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Comment:

* - President Gorilla Monsoon announced that the winner of this contest will enter #30 in the Royal Rumble.

Bonus Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the night?

What will be the lowest rated match of the night?

What will be the first match on the main card?

How many titles will change hands?

Will there be any turns? If so, who?

How many DQs or Count-Outs will there be?

Name one surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble who has not appeared yet in 1996.

Name the Final Four of the Royal Rumble.

Who will have the most eliminations?

Who lasted the longest time?

16 points up for grabs here! As of now, this prediction contest is going to run until WrestleMania XII, so you've got three shots here. Haven't decided if I'm judging by percentages or sheer numbers, but I'll figure that out soon. Good luck.

WWF Royal Rumble

Sunday, Week 3, January 1996

Selland Arena; Fresno, CA

WWF Championship

Comment:

Royal Rumble Match

1-2-3 Kid, Aldo Montoya, Avatar, Barry Horowitz, Bob Backlund, Bob Holly, British Bulldog, Buddy Landel, Diesel, Hakushi, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Jerry Lawler, King Mabel, Owen Hart, Phatu, The Ringmaster, Savio Vega, Shawn Michaels, Sir Mo, Skip, Sycho Sid, Tatanka, Vader, Yokozuna, Other (specify)

Comment: Let's go Mabel, Lawler sucks, Let's go Mabel, Lawler sucks.

Piper might win this, but I doubt you want the hot rod main eventing Mania, how old is he now?

Grudge Match

Comment:

Comment:I get the feeling you don't like The Bodydonas.

Comment:Goldust needs some Gold

Free For All Pre-Show*

Comment: A dumpster. That guy can definetly wrestle

* - President Gorilla Monsoon announced that the winner of this contest will enter #30 in the Royal Rumble.

Bonus Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the night? Bret vs Taker

What will be the lowest rated match of the night? Gunns vs Bodydonas

What will be the first match on the main card? Goldust vs Razor Ramom

How many titles will change hands? 1

Will there be any turns? If so, who? Diesel

How many DQs or Count-Outs will there be? 0

Name one surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble who has not appeared yet in 1996. Jake 'the Snake' Roberts

Name the Final Four of the Royal Rumble. Shawn Micheals, Diesel, Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Vader

Who will have the most eliminations? Vader

Who lasted the longest time? Shawn Micheals

WWF Championship

Comment:

Royal Rumble Match

Comment:

Grudge Match

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Free For All Pre-Show*

Bonus Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the night? Bret and Taker

What will be the lowest rated match of the night? Droese and Helmsley

What will be the first match on the main card? IC Title

How many titles will change hands? None

Will there be any turns? If so, who? No

How many DQs or Count-Outs will there be? 1

Name one surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble who has not appeared yet in 1996. Jake The Snake sounds about right

Name the Final Four of the Royal Rumble. Michaels, Diesel, Owen Hart and Psycho Sid

Who will have the most eliminations? Diesel

Who lasted the longest time? Shawn Michaels

Archived