ThunderVerse 2014 Platinum Release Thread

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the first time I'm downloading ThunderVerse. Anything I should know before I start?

Not really. Like, you don't need to know a big extravagant backstory to get into the mod and have fun. There are plenty of promotion types ranging from the wrestling is a sport ideology to comedy lucha fun and all that comes in the middle. Go nuts.

Personally, I'd suggest making your own company and signing whoever the hell you want. It's how I found my way into the Thunderverse many moons ago.

I fooled around with the T-Verse Platinum release when it came out and was impressed by the scope of it and the attention to detail that was obviously spent by the creators.

But for the last few weeks, I've been obsessed with a savegame other than my C-Verse diary one for the first time in....well, recent memory anyway. I'm rolling with AWF and am fairly certain that I am having the most fun with TEW I've had since it came out, '13 or any incarnation for that matter.

Everything is just so perfect and so damned fresh that it's recaptured my inner fanboy.

So, I guess what I'm saying is thank you to the folks that put this all together for the effort and the unholy amount of time a project like this must have taken. Kudos to you all. For real. It really has enriched my gaming experience.

:)

Best,

NN

I fooled around with the T-Verse Platinum release when it came out and was impressed by the scope of it and the attention to detail that was obviously spent by the creators.

But for the last few weeks, I've been obsessed with a savegame other than my C-Verse diary one for the first time in....well, recent memory anyway. I'm rolling with AWF and am fairly certain that I am having the most fun with TEW I've had since it came out, '13 or any incarnation for that matter.

Everything is just so perfect and so damned fresh that it's recaptured my inner fanboy.

So, I guess what I'm saying is thank you to the folks that put this all together for the effort and the unholy amount of time a project like this must have taken. Kudos to you all. For real. It really has enriched my gaming experience.

Best,

NN

On behalf of the team, thank you for the kind words.

As a fan of yours, it's incredible to see something I've helped work on is capturing your attention. :D

Best,

NN

Thanks NN, that's great to hear! :)

I downloaded this last night and started looking at the database today (checking out workers, companies, etc) Why is there two promotions called:

Against The World Wrestling

and

Against The World Wrestling (Copy)?

Something must have gone wrong for you during the installation of the mod, because there isn't :confused:

I downloaded this last night and started looking at the database today (checking out workers, companies, etc) Why is there two promotions called:

Against The World Wrestling

and

Against The World Wrestling (Copy)?

The Copy Record button is directly (or near enough directly) beneath the Companies button in the editor so if you double clicked on it on the Companies button by accident then you will have copied the first record (which is Against the World). I've done it myself several times, but I'm fairly sure it isn't in the actual uploaded mod database to start with. You can simply delete the (Copy).

The Copy Record button is directly (or near enough directly) beneath the Companies button in the editor so if you double clicked on it on the Companies button by accident then you will have copied the first record (which is Against the World). I've done it myself several times, but I'm fairly sure it isn't in the actual uploaded mod database to start with. You can simply delete the (Copy).

I figured I had probably done something by accident, so that is probably what I did. Thanks for helping! lol

• 2 weeks later...
I probably don't have the most updated version, so apologies if this has already been addressed. I was playing as FFW and looking for someone who would make a good authority figure and noticed that Miles Jenkins' bio said that he wanted to be a GM at some point, but then I noticed that he's at an F- on the mic. Was that on purpose?

I probably don't have the most updated version, so apologies if this has already been addressed. I was playing as FFW and looking for someone who would make a good authority figure and noticed that Miles Jenkins' bio said that he wanted to be a GM at some point, but then I noticed that he's at an F- on the mic. Was that on purpose?

No that's an error. His microphone skills should be ~74 and his announcing should be at 0. It's simply a case of the three stats being entered one level lower than intended in the editor.

The ThunderVerse Team (or at least, as many of us as can make it) will be interviewed for the GDS Dynasty Show later on today. If anyone has any questions they want answered then you can PM them to CPBHBK within the next few hours. If anyone has any questions that don't get asked, or they don't get them in by the time the interview takes place, we will, of course, answer them in this thread instead.

If anyone needs a link to the thread, here it is:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528308&page=6

The interview with CPB is now complete and should go live sometime in April, we're told. As mentioned previously if anyone does have any questions that they didn't get chance to ask in the interview, you can always post them in here or PM one (or more) of the team.

For reference, the interview contains a (hopefully) big reveal regarding the next project so be sure to check it out once it lands (we'll provide a link when it is up). :)

Are there any plans for future Become A Star style competitions?

If there was enough interest then I don't see why not. Last time around we didn't get many submissions and a few people dropped out either just before, or mid-competition.

The interview with CPB is now complete and should go live sometime in April, we're told. As mentioned previously if anyone does have any questions that they didn't get chance to ask in the interview, you can always post them in here or PM one (or more) of the team.

For reference, the interview contains a (hopefully) big reveal regarding the next project so be sure to check it out once it lands (we'll provide a link when it is up). :)

You're such a tease :(