ThunderVerse 2014 Platinum Release Thread

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as a newbie to the TVerse. Is it right assuming PWI is ROH but more popular nationally?

i'm really enjoying this verse. Started a PWI save

There aren't really any direct replicas, so PWI isn't ROH as such. That said, it's a fair comparison (it's also similar to the Cverse's TCW). I think PWI comes with a little more polish than ROH would, plus it has a fairly eccentric owner in Shane Allman!

Glad you're enjoying the mod, and feel free to ask any questions as you make your way through the universe :)

Something very minor I noticed: Jezebelle and Nicole Foster have zero resilience.

As far as I'm aware, non-wrestlers don't actually need resilience. It's a measure of how likely a worker is to get injured - as they don't actually work in-ring they won't risk getting injured anyway.

Non-wrestlers that are generated by the AI do have resilience, but I've never seen it impact the workers we've created.

I was sure it makes a difference... I'm sure I've had a manager with low resilience that spent more time injured than working... and it's not like managers don't get involved in the action... I could see it having an effect. I suppose Adam is the one who will know for sure...

There aren't really any direct replicas, so PWI isn't ROH as such. That said, it's a fair comparison (it's also similar to the Cverse's TCW). I think PWI comes with a little more polish than ROH would, plus it has a fairly eccentric owner in Shane Allman!

Glad you're enjoying the mod, and feel free to ask any questions as you make your way through the universe :)

thanks I appreciate it.

As far as I'm aware, non-wrestlers don't actually need resilience. It's a measure of how likely a worker is to get injured - as they don't actually work in-ring they won't risk getting injured anyway.

What about angles that have an injury risk? I don't think I've ever used one of those with a non-wrestler before, but I imagine that could be an issue if all non-wrestlers have 0 resilience.

Speaking of angles, I just want to say that I enjoyed reading through the descriptions of the famous angles you put in the database. I had never noticed those before today, and they really flesh out parts of the universe. The Lothario Bombshell angle in particular gives me an idea for my PWI game.

In the aforementioned PWI game I'm currently in October 2014 and I'm looking to do a brand split in December when I (hopefully) can get a 2nd major TV show. My intention is to have the 2 brands really feel different with Vance Cole being the GM of what's essentially the Shane Allman brand of wrestling and Guy Lothario heading a new brand which has more of a entertainment aspect of it (though not to the extent of AWF or WWWE.) I'm planning to make this a real brand split, with each brand having it's own TV and PPV with their own set of wrestlers & staff. To that end Lothario's brand will be introducing new belts and a women's division to further differentiate them, and I plan on their being very little crossover between the brands so that when their is intra-brand stuff it actually feels new and fresh.

I'm thinking of having a long time story-line be that Shane Allman and Guy Lothario can't get along, and eventually culminate in Lothario cutting a bombshell promo about his hatred of Allman and his way of doing business. On the next show Allman opens the show by announcing that Lothario has been suspended indefinitely and that he's now in charge of Lothario's brand (still need a name for it) and that things are going to change. His changes don't sit well with all the wrestlers though, and the episode ends with Sebastian Curtis, Marco de Francisco, and Ryan Doherty giving Allman an ultimatum: Bring back Lothario as the GM or they will walk out on the company. What will happen next? Well I've got some ideas, but I don't want to spoil it.

What about angles that have an injury risk? I don't think I've ever used one of those with a non-wrestler before, but I imagine that could be an issue if all non-wrestlers have 0 resilience.

I just booked a show where Simon Stanford and Hamilton Court (who both have 0 resilience) played the part of Ieshia in the "FAMOUS: Valet + Table = Controversy" angle. It was a High injury risk role and neither suffered any ill effects. Similarly, I booked Mammoth to attack Referee Sandy Banks where Banks was in a low risk role and he wasn't injured either.

The only thing I can think it would affect is the outside-of-the-ring injuries, but I'm actually of the opinion that injuries aren't common enough at times.

Despite that, as I said, I'm more than happy to run through and add resilience to all non-wrestlers if that is the consensus.

Loving the mod, just wondering if there were any plans to do stable logos similar to the previous edition?

Also on a side note, just spotted that Ref Ed Stillwell and Ref Maxim Golyubev have the same picture ;)

Just noticed that too, Stillwell's pic is in the folder and can be fixed in the editor. (until the next update ;))

Loving the mod, just wondering if there were any plans to do stable logos similar to the previous edition?

There are. To be honest, I completely forgot - I was planning on doing them a couple of weeks ago. I'll try and get them ready by this time next week.

Also on a side note, just spotted that Ref Ed Stillwell and Ref Maxim Golyubev have the same picture ;)

I thought I'd fixed this, sorry! Is fixed for the next update, but as Enforcer pointed out for the time being the pic is already in the file so its easy enough to fix in the editor.

Any tips for how to avoid the low risk match penalty in DIASPORA? Having every match be a Hardcore/No DQ match just feels like it doesn't fit the company. I could be wrong. Wasn't sure what changes to make to the product to take that penalty away.

Modify the regular matches you do like a standard '1 vs 1' match, up the risk level to the appropriate level and title it '1 vs 1 - DIASPORA Style'. The way I see it, it's a standard singles match with DIASPORA's level of intensity without having to be a Hardcore/No DQ affair. Do that with every other standard match style.

Quick PWI question: Is the face Sean Riley meant to be managed by a heel Dakota Williams to set up some interesting storyline possibilities, or is it a mistake?

The former. It's supposed to allow the possibility for one of them to turn, or for their alliance to be revealed a ruse of some kind (the logical outcome being that Dakota is working for someone else).

I've never seen Dakota as a perfect heel anyway. It's more a natural arrogance that comes across as heelish, rather than a particularly cheating-type heel. It just works a bit better in a heel alignment really.

I'm running my World Title feud as Hawk v Prophecy. Prophecy has allied with Cross (who is feuding with Garrett South over the US Title) and will be surprising everyone with debuting Seven13TEEN as his allies and a tag team at the next PPV.

VIP (with Mr. Theo - Theo Barkley) is feuding with Bryce Christensen. VIP won the TV Title and threw it in the trash, saying it was beneath him. Bryce found it in a stack of props the next week and declared himself the Champ. VIP has been taunting and heckling him ever since.

Moved Drake Richards our of the World Title feud because I am doing a fake feud with Chaperone. Richards is trying to draw him out of his Colour Commentary position for a match. This will lead to Chaperone turning Heel and allying with Richards and then forming a major stable.