ThunderVerse 2014 Platinum Release Thread

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I have to say that CWT is an interesting company to play; it's high regional bordering cult, much of the roster is old and in decline, and your main event talent are bordering on the point of not being able to resign them if you don't reach cult before their contracts expire. Having TV but no PPV is kind of a pain in that popularity gains on TV are low, and without PPV you can only really focus on one region at a time.

In my game my strategy has been to cut some of the deadwood who were overpaid for their role and hire younger cheaper guys who fit the style; guys like Captain Olympia, Bryan Mitchell (as Grizzly Mitchell), Ashmendai (as Blaze Tanner), and Impact & Brady (as masked heels.) My biggest signing was Shay Kinsella to solidify my main event scene. I was torn on the signing since in continuity he was released earlier in the year, but I figured after 6 months unemployed he wouldn't mind a return to the company.

I'm enjoying this game and considering turning it into a dynasty, but I'm not sure if I have the time to commit to a diary at the moment.

Curious as to who you cut...

I cut 5 people total.

I cut the Masked Rangers partially because Ranger II was a negative influence, but mainly because 1000 dollars a pop was a bit much for what was essentially a jobber tag team. I replaced them with Shawn Impact and Brady Taylor, who are better wrestlers and half the price.

I cut Johnny Hammer & Butch Hackett because of both their being very far in time decline, and being expensive. Butch was 1,000 an appearance, while Hammer was 1,500 dollars per appearance; almost as much as my main eventers. I might have kept butch for a while if he was a full timer, but I don't really like using semi-active wrestlers; Bill Hickock being an exception to that rule.

The last guy I cut was Killer McKree. I hadn't planned on cutting him initially, but I ended up with an overabundance of heels and he just sort of came across as a less charismatic, less athletic and less popular version of Silverback.

Loving this mod so much - my current project is Bucky Starling getting enough money from an investor to start American Sports Entertainment. My roster is a mix of indy darlings (Schism, Lenny Rhodes, Shawn Impact, Chad Zuma), WWWE castoffs (Ziggy Sparx, Rotten Scoundrel, Keenan Nelson, Dedrick Ace), and some youngsters with loads of potential (Tony Ramos, Rocker Billy, Eldon B Argyle).

The only creative conundrum I'm having so far is what to name Argyle & Ramos' tag team. Argyle is working a high society gimmick and Ramos is his bodyguard.

Loving this mod so much - my current project is Bucky Starling getting enough money from an investor to start American Sports Entertainment. My roster is a mix of indy darlings (Schism, Lenny Rhodes, Shawn Impact, Chad Zuma), WWWE castoffs (Ziggy Sparx, Rotten Scoundrel, Keenan Nelson, Dedrick Ace), and some youngsters with loads of potential (Tony Ramos, Rocker Billy, Eldon B Argyle).

The only creative conundrum I'm having so far is what to name Argyle & Ramos' tag team. Argyle is working a high society gimmick and Ramos is his bodyguard.

You should check out Hollywood Giant and Diablo Khan, they're very awesome dudes, both have pretty high star quality and menace I'm pretty sure so they can hold their own in a promo. Bryan Mitchell is a nice look too.

I cut 5 people total.

I cut the Masked Rangers partially because Ranger II was a negative influence, but mainly because 1000 dollars a pop was a bit much for what was essentially a jobber tag team. I replaced them with Shawn Impact and Brady Taylor, who are better wrestlers and half the price.

I cut Johnny Hammer & Butch Hackett because of both their being very far in time decline, and being expensive. Butch was 1,000 an appearance, while Hammer was 1,500 dollars per appearance; almost as much as my main eventers. I might have kept butch for a while if he was a full timer, but I don't really like using semi-active wrestlers; Bill Hickock being an exception to that rule.

The last guy I cut was Killer McKree. I hadn't planned on cutting him initially, but I ended up with an overabundance of heels and he just sort of came across as a less charismatic, less athletic and less popular version of Silverback.

I tend to put Killer McKree as Jesse Mills's muscle, while putting Sonny under the Colorado Kid mask to work with Great. Sign Seven if you get rid of JD and throw him against Mills as a starter feud before heading upwards on the card.

I've never played a Thunderverse game before but always been intrigued by it.

I've also never played a long term lucha game before but always been intrigued.

That said; is it possible for someone more in the know to give a brief description of what Mexico looks like in the T-verse and how deep it is (I imagine the answer to that second part is very deep as is the general vibe I get from the whole mod).

That said; is it possible for someone more in the know to give a brief description of what Mexico looks like in the T-verse and how deep it is (I imagine the answer to that second part is very deep as is the general vibe I get from the whole mod).

The Mexican scene is deep, yes. Perhaps not to the same extent that the USA is, but it's perhaps the second most developed region outside of that (although it is slightly smaller than Japan in numbers).

In terms of the scene itself, the biggest (and oldest) promotion in the country is Campeonato de la Lucha Libre de Mexico (CLLM). CLLM is a fairly traditional take on lucha libre with a good mix of talent.

The company in the best place to challenge CLLM is ILL. ILL are a sort of hybrid between traditional lucha libre and sports entertainment (i.e. they are a more OTT version of CLLM). They feature more gimmick matches, bolder characters etc.

The indy scene also contains GDR (a successful luchadora promotion), TWR (a "modern" lucha promotion featuring only singles matches), comedy promotion MEW and GILL (the only promotion to feature both male and female divisions). Finally, Mexico has two hardcore promotions, EEP - which is a fairly traditionally American take on hardcore mixed with lucha libre - and ATD which is effectively a garbage promotion.

Does that help at all?

The Mexican scene is deep, yes. Perhaps not to the same extent that the USA is, but it's perhaps the second most developed region outside of that (although it is slightly smaller than Japan in numbers).

In terms of the scene itself, the biggest (and oldest) promotion in the country is Campeonato de la Lucha Libre de Mexico (CLLM). CLLM is a fairly traditional take on lucha libre with a good mix of talent.

The company in the best place to challenge CLLM is ILL. ILL are a sort of hybrid between traditional lucha libre and sports entertainment (i.e. they are a more OTT version of CLLM). They feature more gimmick matches, bolder characters etc.

The indy scene also contains GDR (a successful luchadora promotion), TWR (a "modern" lucha promotion featuring only singles matches), comedy promotion MEW and GILL (the only promotion to feature both male and female divisions). Finally, Mexico has two hardcore promotions, EEP - which is a fairly traditionally American take on hardcore mixed with lucha libre - and ATD which is effectively a garbage promotion.

Does that help at all?

Yes it certainly does - thanks for the rapid response.

I think I'll take the plunge and give CLLM a go - want to try my hand at traditional lucha. The Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero match at 81. Anniversario has given me a lucha kick.

Booked a few shows with PWI. I like the company but I'm not falling in love. I want to book them like a different version of TCW but they aren't that. They are a bit more traditional, at least in the way I perceive them. The changes I want to bring don't quite seem to fit with Allman's ideology enough so it feels... false. Its weird, I know, but moving away from teh "soul" of the promotion tends to weaken my interest. So I'm likely not gonna go much further, which is okay, because...

AWF beckons.

I toyed with the AWF bit in the planning stages but upon release, decided to try PWI. So now its time to give Awesome a run out on the Platinum data.

Really like where the AWF is. The addition of Prophesy is a great move IMO. Nick Hart brings an interesting dynamic. Cross as a full blown member of the roster is nice to see. With PWI at National now and even more of a lead, the chase is definitely more interesting.

Trying out AWF, first thing that came to mind was signing up Caleb Adonis (I was expecting someone with high sex appeal, perhaps high star quality and perhaps decent entertainment stats but no actual in-ring ability, surprise surprise, he's skilled enough for me to push to the moon.) Going to have Adrienne unite the trio of stars trying to court her under the name of Caleb Adonis.

I'm also very into Cool Chris and Bryce Christensen (I think that's the latter's name), pairing them up with Kelly King and gonna try and move them up the card as well. Looking forward to this file~!

I tend to put Killer McKree as Jesse Mills's muscle, while putting Sonny under the Colorado Kid mask to work with Great. Sign Seven if you get rid of JD and throw him against Mills as a starter feud before heading upwards on the card.

Sounds like a pretty solid plan, though I'm playing as Booker with JD Briscoe as owner so signing Seven is a no-go there.

In other news:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/Tiberious4/RoscoeGPRO_zps7cd90257.jpg

I wonder if Roscoe will break out the lasso again :p

Sounds like a pretty solid plan, though I'm playing as Booker with JD Briscoe as owner so signing Seven is a no-go there.

In other news:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/Tiberious4/RoscoeGPRO_zps7cd90257.jpg

I wonder if Roscoe will break out the lasso again :p

Of all the people to open up Gureisu, never in a month of Sundays did I expect it to be Roscoe Carmine! :eek:

I need some help with the name of a worker I'm creating. He's a pseudo rap/hip hop inspired wrestler and an entrepreneur in the vein of Jay-Z and Dr. Dre. I need a cool, strong name for him. I was shooting for something like "Alpha Chino" from Tropic Thunder but I'm drawing blanks here.

It's a shame I'm strongly against just lifting names exactly from other sources, otherwise I'd just take Chino's... :(

Dry Cool. :cool:

3 shows into AWF and I'm really enjoying it. Of course, you can imagine my disappointment when Timothy Hawk and Drake Richards have no chemistry and get a 69, thank God it wasn't the main event of a pay-per-view and just a regular show, I was expecting to break into the 90s with that match-up though now I know it's a feud I'll never do. Silva Dolla also got caught for soft drugs though he took my slap on the wrist well so hopefully he'll get back into it. Timothy Hawk isn't doing as great as I thought and I'd say the start of the main event storyline is Garett South whom I had the least expectations for. A feud with Drake Richards should put him on the level I'd like for a title run. Oh and he's turned face too.

Tag division is a bit hard to book, especially with my future superstar tag, Bryce & Cool having no chemistry. I've got Core trying to take out the ex-leader of the PWSUX Invasion, Prophecy. I'm thinking I'll bring in a League of Shadows type crew under Prophecy full of diverse nations, I've got Chad Zuma set to join, probably Sylvain Charles as well. So far, Core is going to face Mountain Albert whom Prophecy has hired to take of his problems though Casey Skym is firmly on Prophecy's side. I'd like to try out a Prophecy/Casey Skym match down the line as a special attraction type thing.

Other than that, Adrienne is uniting Barkley/TowerBlock/Havanna under her beau, Caleb Adonis (who needs to rise up the ranks quickly to justify it). I've got Giroux trying to retire Immortal Warrior. Patriot trying to take out Cross. And those are my main plot lines.

Also got some PPV deals in Canada and Mexico. Trying to get a B-Show going for the undercard. As it is, I scrapped the women's division, and I'm thinking of scrapping the television title but having a B-Show would help me justify keeping it. So far though, that belt is never actually making its way on television since Omri Stone isn't high enough on my list of priorities. Very unfortunate that Timothy Hawk & Drake Richards failed to perform on the day I could've beat PWI in show quality.

Loving this game though!

Had my first pay-per-view and it was a tad disappointing -

AWF Uprising:

Cross def. Patriot (70) US - I think Patriot's horendous stamina has to do with it. Time for him to tumble down the card

The New California Blondes def. Hard Rock Warning (54) - Despite NCB having no chemistry, I'd like to give them a shot at the belts before splitting

Buff' N' Tuff' def. #1Trending (74) TAG - Was hesitant about this because of the latters pop but pulled the trigger, hopefully Trending can bounce back in singles competition

Towerblock def. Theo Barkley & Joe Havanna (67) - Post match, Adrienne united them under one banner. Any suggestions for a name?

LeRoy Winters def. Omri Stone (55) TV - I wanted a B-Show Winters could headline but couldn't get one. Either way, he's a better wrestler than Omri Stone for the youngins to compete with.

Core def. Mountain Albert (74) - Albert's horrendous stamina killed this match, I wish I could lower PPV stuff to 6 as well, I'm sure they could've pulled an 80. Skym/Core vs. Albert/Prophecy next month?

Jean-Claude Giroux def. Immortal Warrior (82) - They didn't click :( I will probably end this and join Giroux up with Prophecy's International Wrestling Alliance (need a name for it still), maybe have Warrior come back in a month for vengeance.

Timothy Hawk def. Drake Richards, Garett South & Silva Dolla (82) - Another disappointment, Silva Dolla will now feud seperately with Hawk for his rematch clause and Richards with South for costing him his one shot at the belt. The original goal was to have Richards go on to feud with Hawk but after that last showing, South may get his shot instead.

Towerblock, Havanna, and Barkley managed by Adrienne...

How about 'The A-List'?

EDIT: Been brainstorming Clash of the TRItans teams, thinking this year will have a one-shot villain team made up of Military Discipline and CRZY Will managed by Commander Nimitz.

Thinking of calling them:

PULVERIZING

LUCHADORS

AND

GRAPPLERS

UTILIZING

EVIL