ThunderVerse 2014 Platinum Release Thread

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a minor error, Darnell Smalls bio says he is canadian, but his nationality is set as American.

Edit:

This isn't necessarily an error, and it's been this way since long before the platinum update, but Kotaro Taguchi has no US popularity despite having been a successful college football player. I understand he's working primarily in Japan, but if he had even just a little bit of US popularity it would make it easier to justify hiring him as a US promotion.

Bait and switch. </3

:D

In all seriousness, should the aforementioned historical mod come to fruition (which I have no doubt it will at some point) I would be extremely confident in MichiganHero's ability to spearhead the project. He's also provided many of the classic workers in the latest edition of the mod, after all, so he knows his TVerse history.

I'd really like a full-on classic ThunderVerse set in the '60s or '70s. Realistically though, it'd be such an enormous ask I'm not sure it'd ever be feasible. Then again, as the Platinum version has shown, never say never, and we've always got a few ideas under discussion at any one time.

YES!

Then prepare to play a mod set in 2013 where you can save COBRA from disaster. :p:cool:

Bait and switch. 3

Curses! My plans revealed! :p

I'd really like a full-on classic ThunderVerse set in the '60s or '70s. Realistically though, it'd be such an enormous ask I'm not sure it'd ever be feasible. Then again, as the Platinum version has shown, never say never, and we've always got a few ideas under discussion at any one time.

Baby steps boss. :p

In all honesty, part of my plans is eventually to help build a comprehensive Thunderverse world stretching back to the times of Alvaro Buey Sr and Antonio Sabatino. It's something I feel the CVerse lacks - not knocking the guys who do the tremendous 97 and That 70s Mods - and history is interesting.

If I were to guess the position of a T-Verse historal version, it would probably be somewhere in the late 80's/early 90's at the start of the RAWA/WWWE ''war''. :p

Guy Lothario Vs. Terry Thunder all the way :D

Guy Lothario is a madman on the mic. He's the only guy I never object to give unscripted promos to every single time. His ability to get other people over is amazing...now if he'd do that in his prime is a different story.

and in other news, the fall boy of the Lothario Standard, Christian Alexander died the day before our final PPV of 2014 in a parachuting incident

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MichiganHero" data-cite="MichiganHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38420" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>history is interesting.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Truer words have never been said.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Yokai" data-cite="Yokai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38420" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not sure if anyone else posted this but Kato is listed as part of UPJ's Heavyweight Division but his size is set at Middleweight.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Middleweights are I think 230 and up which is a HW in terms of division (ie. not a Junior)</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38420" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone gotten deep into this game yet? I'm on International Wrestling Japan but I'd like to tackle a bigger company as well.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Finding it very easy to book PWI, just finished the last PPV of the year. Having so many top guys in teams/stables makes booking a thousand times easier. Couple that with the fact that it's an in ring company and I can just throw a couple 20 minute matches on TV to eat up time</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38420" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Middleweights are I think 230 and up which is a HW in terms of division (ie. not a Junior)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Right but he won the Ozeki Summit which has a minimum weight requirement of Light Heavyweight. As does the International HW title which he's portrayed as being an up and coming contender for. It very well could be correct as it is now, just wanted to be sure.</p>

<p>Regarding the weight divisions, they have always been set with those size limits and the mod has been, to a large extent, built around them.</p><p> </p><p>

However, the thing with Kato is that he's deliberately on the border of the two divisions. Do you keep him with Goto and continue to push him as a tag star, or do you take the plunge, bulk him up and push him as the next big heavyweight star? As far as the Summit goes, that's one of the sacrifices we had to make to allow the above scenario unfortunately.</p>