ThunderVerse 2014 Platinum Release Thread

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just fired up my first game as WWE(went the Vince Jr route of dropping a "W") with Chase Paige as my user character. Very excited to scope out the world.

Are there any 'canon' event names for WWWE?

As Michigan said, just Helloween I believe. For reference, as it is has been mentioned before, WrestleAid was not a WWWE event. It was a one-off charity show (think Live Aid but with Hulk Hogan :D ).

Chet "The Jet" Jones and "Heavenly" Evan Lee have the same "contract" biography in T-One. The mistake is in Evan Lee's profile :

Fixed, thanks.

Well, maybe the AI turn him because his heel performance is higher than his babyface performance.

He's a good face already. It's likely that the AI finds the roster unbalanced and picked him as a better heel rather than it being an issue with his face performance. They presumably will have turned someone else instead.

Had to keep some surprises back. :p

Sadly, he'll have to deal with the Hogg Family in order to remain at the top of the food chain in BCW!

Also, shocked at the CWT drop and change. Especially with BCW coming into the game and GAW already in existence plus sharing Big Bubba with HCG...

Any specific reasoning for it?

Sadly, he'll have to deal with the Hogg Family in order to remain at the top of the food chain in BCW!

Also, shocked at the CWT drop and change. Especially with BCW coming into the game and GAW already in existence plus sharing Big Bubba with HCG...

I think it was to kind of break up the idea of a big four in America. Don't quote me on that though, jhd will be able to answer better.

The following is my own opinion and does not represent the feelings of the ThunderVerse team as a whole ;)

I always kind saw CWT as a dinosaur in the new age myself. They only got their popularity by being the biggest game in town when the WWWE folded and they run what is largely an out-moded product in the modern edgy/workrate/comedy/niche US scene. It makes sense to me that they would now be dropping down the pecking order while other more vibrant promotions thrive.

That isn't to say they'll die, they may rise again if they continue to push the younger generation and put the old boys out to pasture (which is where GAW comes in), maybe have a product shift... but right now I personally feel they're where they belong :)

Just ran my second PPV as PWI and I'm banging my head trying to figure out what could cause Cloud James and Sean Riley beating the Harts to both drop 6 points in popularity :confused:

Gimmicks?

What MJ said basically. We also wanted to bring back the AWC, and Bluegrass was the most natural option for a new promotion, particularly as at that point CWT (despite being a big four promotion) didn't really have a direct competitor.

My thought as a Tverse user and someone who has over-thought many aspects of this world due to diary and potential diary projects...

The CWT product always seemed niche to me. There is a place in any wrestling world for that kind of throwback, but its never going to be a widespread appeal. Similar to a comedy promotion or extreme / hardcore promotion. Its ideally a high-regional / low-cult level promotion that focuses on doing its own thing. I look at it as CWB overgrowing its natural limitations due to a relative vaccum after the WWWE fell. But its not a product with national level appeal. Even with some quality wrestlers on the roster, the overall product is what holds the company back. So in seeing some growth and creating some stars, CWT hit a point where its success was unsustainable. It fell back down due to having competition offering a more appealing product, lost some stars, and is kinda where it belongs.

Gimmicks?

They're both rocking the cowboy gimmick which is considered gimmicky and has penalties for being exposed in longer matches or angles and the PWI main events call for 30 minutes so that could be the cause.

Still didnt see it last month when Riley beat S.Hart in about 33 minutes and got a substantial boost in popularity. I'll boot the backup and run the matches with shorter time and see if that changes anything.

They're both rocking the cowboy gimmick which is considered gimmicky and has penalties for being exposed in longer matches or angles and the PWI main events call for 30 minutes so that could be the cause.

Still didnt see it last month when Riley beat S.Hart in about 33 minutes and got a substantial boost in popularity. I'll boot the backup and run the matches with shorter time and see if that changes anything.

It could be that in the first match the amount of popularity gained was greater than amount lost and because of that initial increase, the boost from the second tag match was small enough that the penalty from the gimmick created a net loss.

I've never really used gimmicky gimmicks on top workers so it's still a learning experience for me but I'll try to run the show back a few times and compare

Edit: Just an update- lowering the match to 20 minutes resulted in the projected popularity moves (minimal for all 4) at the cost of a few points so it's something to keep an eye on

Upping it to 25 was a loss of 1-2 for James and Riley

Upping it to 40 minutes was the best match of them all so far but saw a even larger popularity hit

I think it was to kind of break up the idea of a big four in America. Don't quote me on that though, jhd will be able to answer better.

I actually really dug that about ThunderVerse. That it was a neck-and-neck thing with plenty of variety and choice for the discerning fan, unlike Cornellverse where Supreme still hasn't been taken down and USPW is fragile at National.

The following is my own opinion and does not represent the feelings of the ThunderVerse team as a whole ;)

I always kind saw CWT as a dinosaur in the new age myself. They only got their popularity by being the biggest game in town when the WWWE folded and they run what is largely an out-moded product in the modern edgy/workrate/comedy/niche US scene. It makes sense to me that they would now be dropping down the pecking order while other more vibrant promotions thrive.

That isn't to say they'll die, they may rise again if they continue to push the younger generation and put the old boys out to pasture (which is where GAW comes in), maybe have a product shift... but right now I personally feel they're where they belong :)

Considering they replaced their lost stars with veterans like Johnny Hammer and Butch Hackett, who're like 50 or 60 (another questionable matter), I'd be surprised. :p

And I don't know. They were never a national product to have to be outmoded. They ran in the south, and made their money in the south.

What MJ said basically. We also wanted to bring back the AWC, and Bluegrass was the most natural option for a new promotion, particularly as at that point CWT (despite being a big four promotion) didn't really have a direct competitor.

Hm. Drop CWT to regional, have them expand their working agreement with GAW into AWC via the southern/veteran connection to the AWC seems like it could have worked just as well, but I'm happy to drop this discussion.

Also, why didn't BCW get the AWC titles? :cool:

I actually really dug that about ThunderVerse. That it was a neck-and-neck thing with plenty of variety and choice for the discerning fan, unlike Cornellverse where Supreme still hasn't been taken down and USPW is fragile at National.

For what it's worth, I agree. However, realistically it was never something that could last forever if the mod was to go forward. The wrestling world couldn't maintain those four promotions at that size, and given everyone was pushing to national it would be odd if we never took the plunge. We actually considered it for the January 2014 update but decided to hold off.

That said, I still think the choice is there. The AI can get CWT back to cult quite easily and they don't seem to have the ability (or at least they don't seem to want to) change from a regional to a national network.

Similarly, you've now got more competition at each level, which I think makes things even more interesting for the smaller promotions. Plus, the game world size increase has resulted in a more fluid game world as a whole which benefits from a few more distinct layers of promotion sizes. Hope that makes sense!

Considering they replaced their lost stars with veterans like Johnny Hammer and Butch Hackett, who're like 50 or 60 (another questionable matter), I'd be surprised. :p

Butch Hackett's technically an occasional wrestler, so he's not entirely a replacement for anyone. Hammer's cheap, mainly. The various notes across the game alude to a variety of financial troubles for CWT - they've been punching above their weight for far too long and were suffering the consequences of making their own stars too big.

And I don't know. They were never a national product to have to be outmoded. They ran in the south, and made their money in the south.

Their cult size was hugely dependent on them expanding across the US, however. They retain their high popularity in the south, but they've been punished the most by PWI's size increase (and AWF going on the rampage again).

Hm. Drop CWT to regional, have them expand their working agreement with GAW into AWC via the southern/veteran connection to the AWC seems like it could have worked just as well, but I'm happy to drop this discussion.

Also, why didn't BCW get the AWC titles? :cool:

CWT were traditionally never members of the AWC. In fact, they turned down several offers to join. I can't imagine that a CWT clinging desperately on to cult (as it would have been earlier in the year) would have considered joining the AWC when they'd avoided doing so for so long. Similarly, the LWA are a perfect fit for the AWC, but they've historically refused to join. Same in 2014, they were made an offer but turned it down.

MJ's right about the AWC titles (being the AWC expert, he would be!).

Hope that helps answer your questions! Discussions about the mod are great, so don't worry about that :)