ThunderVerse 2014 Platinum Release Thread

Handsome Terry Hayes is said to have signed to BCW to "capitalise on his time in WWWE and PWI, and his Southern roots"

He's Canadian, does BCW recognise southern Canada as Southern?! :p

Also, is Guillermo Buey really meant to have 36 in Star Quality? For someone who was a shining star in Puerto Rican wrestling from the start of his career, that stat seems low.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Handsome Terry Hayes is said to have signed to BCW to "capitalise on his time in WWWE and PWI, and his Southern roots"

He's Canadian, does BCW recognise southern Canada as Southern?! :p

It's a mistake. I haven't got the game in front of me, but it's either (badly) referring to his time in CWT or he was meant to be American. I think it's the former, off hand, but obviously if he hasn't worked for CWT that can't be the case!

Also, is Guillermo Buey really meant to have 36 in Star Quality? For someone who was a shining star in Puerto Rican wrestling from the start of his career, that stat seems low.

It's possibly a little harsh, but he's someone who got to where he is on some decent skills, because his father was famous and because his brother owns the biggest promotion in the country. If he had higher star quality he'd probably be a bigger star in America overall.

In other words, it is deliberately lower than you might expect :)

He's just that hardcore! :D

Fixed.

Kevin Steen's kid has been fighting since he's 6 months old. So Kikujiro is green in comparison :p

EDIT: Just an edit. Mickie Knuckles works for ATW in Scotland, and is their champion. But he's not active in Scotland, so he can't be resigned. Mistake or narrative?

Loving UPJ but the top of their card is just so poor in terms of elite in ring talent (besides Kinjo, Deguchi and Eda) that it's borderline depressing. Ha. Feels like cheating to just sign the competition.

Thanks for creating the inner struggle, Thunderverse!

As far as I'm concerned if your playing as UPJ and not main-eventing Aminishiki vs Giant Kodama your doing it wrong.

Loving UPJ but the top of their card is just so poor in terms of elite in ring talent (besides Kinjo, Deguchi and Eda) that it's borderline depressing. Ha. Feels like cheating to just sign the competition.

Thanks for creating the inner struggle, Thunderverse!

As far as I'm concerned if your playing as UPJ and not main-eventing Aminishiki vs Giant Kodama your doing it wrong.

Honestly, if every UPJ card doesn't consist of monster brawls then it's being done wrong. :p

The poor-ish top line is intentional (at least in my eyes it is). The owner's love of big monster guys is well documented and so they tend to push them harder than they do with the actual talent, which is why they tend to lose a big patch of workers every two years or so.

I assume that Terry Thunder is Hulk Hogan, Chaperone is Kevin Nash, Travis Stein is Scott Steiner, etc...

Is there one for Scott Hall? I don't see him.

Chaperone is actually closer to Triple H than he is Kevin Nash (his name is actually a reference to a Triple H film [Or so I've always assumed])

Not really a like for like replacement with Scott Hall, at least not one I can think of.

The other two are pretty much bang on though.

So when a new database comes out I have a tendency to start up a bunch of games as different companies without really booking more than a month or 2 to get a feel for the changes. I decided to start up a game as CWT, and was dismayed, though not surprised, to see they had 7 guys on time decline. Something else did surprise me though...

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/Tiberious4/Sonny_zps6e832349.jpg

Sonny? :confused:

Well, with the way CWTs been heading perhaps Sonny main eventing isn't so far fetched. Heck, he might make a good new incarnation of the Great Colorado when the current one hangs up his boots.

Edit: Decided to go ahead and make a few alts for Sonny Parks as the Great Colorado:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/Tiberious4/Sonny_altT4_1_zps0cb834b3.jpghttp://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/Tiberious4/Sonny_altT4_2_zps07fb7613.jpg

Taking insperation from this post as i had nothing for Sonny i put this gimmick on him and had him team with Colorado for a couple of weeks then this popped up, it was meant to be. (i changed CWT to WCW when i got a new national TV deal)

http://i.imgur.com/kNkPLT7.jpg