ThunderVerse 2014 Platinum Release Thread

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fellow AWF players, I'm wondering - how do you play out Casey Skym and Prophecy both being authority figures. Do you modify one of their pushes or play it out as a power struggle? Also, do you work Dax Deekins into the equation?

Dax Deekins doesn't have worthwhile stats for me to use him so he was sent away for 6 months.

Casey Skym & Prophecy are currently in a power struggle of sorts, it hasn't played out as a big thing yet, just subtle stuff like Skym supporting Core's crusade to take out Prophecy and Prophecy assembling a crew of athletes to both take out Core and takeover AWF after the PWSUX invasion failed (Chad Zuma, Sylvain Charles, Jean-Claude Giroux, Mountain Albert, Cross) though Giroux & Cross aren't big members, Albert/Zuma/Charles are more prone to do the bidding.

Sometimes, Prophecy will announce matches, other times Skym will. I can see my having a Skym vs. Prophecy match, a representatives match and a stable war match in the lead-up + the big pay-per-view (though I might have Core/Prophecy at the PPV instead to finish the one year build up), until then its on the slow burn.

Fellow AWF players, I'm wondering - how do you play out Casey Skym and Prophecy both being authority figures. Do you modify one of their pushes or play it out as a power struggle? Also, do you work Dax Deekins into the equation?

I love the addition of Prophesy but it does create a sort of authority figure overload. I haven't actually started booking my new AWF game yet and this is one of the things i'm still deciding on. The way I see it, there is a lot of possible directions.

1. Similar to what Jon mentioned, an outright on-screen power struggle betwene the two. They have similar, or even identical, levels of power in the company and are going to be directly opposed to each on many things. This has all kinds of possibilities going forward.

2. Prophesy isn't a traditional authority figure in the "General Manager" sense, but more of a "malovolent presence". He gives creepy, eerie "state of the union" statements on occassion and you can see the influence he has on Skym's decision-making. His purpose would take a long while to be revealed. Skym is still the main on-screen guy but it starts to become questionable how much decision-making authority he really has.

3. A separation of powers of some sort. This could be something akin to a GM & matchmaker, kind of like Dana White and Joe Silva in the UFC. So Propehsy would be the one to declare the next title shot goes to... Giroux! Then Skym pops in to say "CAGE MATCH!". Or a great separation, where Skym has been demoted to just running one part, like the tag division (oh, irony) or the Starlets division.

4. Not entirely different but more focused - Prophesy is a rival authority figure to Skym, but he has come in with a very specific goal from Deekins. The goal can be any number of different things, but that goal might mean limitations to his power, or new limitations to Skym's power.

I haven't entirely decided which direction I will go.

As for Deekins, I usually try to find ways to use him on-screen in minimal ways. Basically, he's a geek who likes to show up in the background - standing beside Skym or Prophesy when one of them makes an important announcement, etc.

I'm also using them in a power struggle. Prophecy is supporting Drake Richards and Skym is supporting Timothy Hawk. I can see Prophecy starting a stable to try and wrest control from Skym... who is teaming with Hawk, Core, and Immortal Warrior. Considering bringing in 13TEEN and Seven to team up with Prophecy. I like them as a tag team.

I've also put Theo Barkley together with VIP as his bodyguard/security. I plan to push VIP as a huge Heel presence, possible forming another stable.

I also plan to push Garrett South as a huge Face.

I've brought in Travis Stine and Diesel Train. Planning to build them up and for a nWo-like stable in the future.

I love the addition of Prophesy but it does create a sort of authority figure overload. I haven't actually started booking my new AWF game yet and this is one of the things i'm still deciding on. The way I see it, there is a lot of possible directions.

1. Similar to what Jon mentioned, an outright on-screen power struggle betwene the two. They have similar, or even identical, levels of power in the company and are going to be directly opposed to each on many things. This has all kinds of possibilities going forward.

2. Prophesy isn't a traditional authority figure in the "General Manager" sense, but more of a "malovolent presence". He gives creepy, eerie "state of the union" statements on occassion and you can see the influence he has on Skym's decision-making. His purpose would take a long while to be revealed. Skym is still the main on-screen guy but it starts to become questionable how much decision-making authority he really has.

3. A separation of powers of some sort. This could be something akin to a GM & matchmaker, kind of like Dana White and Joe Silva in the UFC. So Propehsy would be the one to declare the next title shot goes to... Giroux! Then Skym pops in to say "CAGE MATCH!". Or a great separation, where Skym has been demoted to just running one part, like the tag division (oh, irony) or the Starlets division.

4. Not entirely different but more focused - Prophesy is a rival authority figure to Skym, but he has come in with a very specific goal from Deekins. The goal can be any number of different things, but that goal might mean limitations to his power, or new limitations to Skym's power.

I haven't entirely decided which direction I will go.

As for Deekins, I usually try to find ways to use him on-screen in minimal ways. Basically, he's a geek who likes to show up in the background - standing beside Skym or Prophesy when one of them makes an important announcement, etc.

That's a very neat idea, I think I'll start using him as the unspeaking, unrated guy at the back of announcements. Perhaps even when Skym and Prophecy are oft arguing.

I'm also using them in a power struggle. Prophecy is supporting Drake Richards and Skym is supporting Timothy Hawk. I can see Prophecy starting a stable to try and wrest control from Skym... who is teaming with Hawk, Core, and Immortal Warrior. Considering bringing in 13TEEN and Seven to team up with Prophecy. I like them as a tag team.

I've also put Theo Barkley together with VIP as his bodyguard/security. I plan to push VIP as a huge Heel presence, possible forming another stable.

I also plan to push Garrett South as a huge Face.

I've brought in Travis Stine and Diesel Train. Planning to build them up and for a nWo-like stable in the future.

Do you have Drake Richards in time decline and how are you booking Hawk? Cena like? I just started using the Hawk 'power-and-paint' render to go with his new gimmick. I'd highly recommend using Cross with Prophecy if you do bring 13TEEN & Seven, he's freaking awesome.

VIP looks awesome but I ended up choosing not to push him so he essentially went from Jack Swagger top of the world mode to jobbing on most shows.

Did the same with Garrett South and after several months, a win over Drake Richards finally got him in a legitimate position.

How did you get Train? I thought he could only wrestle in europe, unless you took off restrictions or he's now into working elsewhere?

EDIT: The switch to Music Video Library has won me my first ratings war with PWI, 5.21 to their 4.38. We're coming~! Also, Lenny Rhodes under the wing of Richards and Adonis under the wing of Hawk, lord, the future is bright.

Mother of God, here I am taking the belts off Buff N' Studd cause of Marcus's hard drug habits and ****ing Cool Chris goes and gets himself got for the same thing. I really like this slow build to NCB's title reign but it also opens up other possibilities, have them lose and split and feud, have Marcus & Chris betrayed by Buff & Bryce who form an oddball tag team, among other possibilities.

Last pay-per-view and show of the year. Very unfortunate that by the beginning of this show, our backstage environment had plumetted from 88 to 70 especially when considering the rating we got.

AWF Where Champion's Clash

Joe Havanna, Theo Barkley, Chad Zuma & Sylvain Charles def. Patriot, Mo Fury, Ricky Fyre & LeRoy Winters (61): Throwaway match to give the A-List, Prophecy's Truth alliance a win.

Caleb Adonis def. Vincent I. Parker (67): Adonis defends the television title and moves up the pop ladder. Next is Nick Hart as he slowly climbs his way to vengeance against Immortal Warrior.

Silva Dolla def. Cloud James (86): Far better than I expected, throwaway feud, Dolla gets a match against Hawk next pay-per-view and James is a great guy for in-between feuds.

New California Blondes def. Buff N' Studd (76): After 5 months of build up, the Blondes grab the belts. Buff N' Studd will get a rematch in January.

Immortal Warrior def. Mountain Albert & Towerblock (82): Just keeping Warrior busy until Adonis's reign, this has also to do with the alliance between A-List & Prophecy's Truth though this was triple threat match, not a handicap.

Garrett South def. Chaperone (73): Another keep strong note brings a South match done because **** Richards & Chaperone. Richards to come back next month for South to finally beat him cleanly?

Jean-Claude Giroux & Prophecy def. Casey Skym & Core (89): Another slow burn storyline chugging on with Core getting his hands on Prophecy but not quite. Prophecy will put a few man between him and Core and won't get back in the ring until it's to face Casey Skym. Not sure if I can push this feud until Wrestlefest though.

Timothy Hawk def. Cross (93): They topped their 90 rated match. Cross and Hawk put on a 30 minute clinic as Cross sacrificed his US title for a shot at the world title, something I'll make a yearly thing at Where Champions Clash. The question out of this is, what happens to the US title and do I give Cross a victory over Core to build him to an eventual win over Hawk? I want them to be my 100 rated match.

AWF Where Champions Clash is the second highest buyrate this year after PWI's first PPV in August (by .10). This was also my first PPV to top a PWI PPV.

Wrestler of the Year is Sebastian Curtis, no surprise, he has a 99 rated match with Martin Van Holt, 13 90 rated matches in total out of 21, 6 80s and only 2 70s.

AWF won Company of the Year :)

Scott & James Hart won tag team of the year, our tag division isn't deep enough for us to compete there.

UPJ had match of the year with Juro Degachi & Kintaro Kinjo, not sure which one, they had two, both in November, both getting 99 ratings.

Fall Brawl won show of the year (why not Where Champions Clash :( )

Horiuchi Inokuma won young wrestler of the year. Kenta Sonada won veteran of the year.

Thomas Aria won commentator of the year, carrying Chaperone, Hollywood & Rhodes. We also got the referee of the year.

I think Hawk will manage wrestler of the year next year if I let him keep the belt and make him an icon.

--

Cool Chris caught with steroid abuse the day after, when I even reduced the medical to Low to prevent this. I've decided to suspend him. Beautiful Bryce will be on his own this next month.

Garrett South is a full fledged main eventer, 70+ performance stats, 80+ pop, he's prime for a run at a bigger target.

Again, can't say it enough. Loving the game, longest running file yet and I'm looking forward to reaching Battle of Los Angeles in a couple months. Just gotta fix this backstage nonsense.

That's a very neat idea, I think I'll start using him as the unspeaking, unrated guy at the back of announcements. Perhaps even when Skym and Prophecy are oft arguing.

It came from how I used him in my AWF diary, and fits with my concept of him as a character - a smart business guy but basically a geek otherwise, overmatched and overwhelmed by the smart and manipulative guys who are actually running the AWF at this point. Skym puts him on screen to stroke Deekins' ego. And given that the AWF is based in Hollywood, it fits with that in terms of him being a kind of hanger-on who likes to grab tiny little bits of the spotlight. Not unlike how Trillion was before.

Regarding Prophecy, another way to do it would be that the reveal of Prophecy as the mysterious dark power effectively ends his control over Dax Deekins (after all, the fact that this control is public effectively reduces his hold over Deeks). So either his control would be limited to something he squeezed out of Deekins before the reveal (like a minority ownership), or he's not so much an authority figure as a sort of stable-leader who is using the heels to get his revenge. Think Ministry of Darkness if it wasn't Vince all along :D

Certainly, I would be booking Casey Skym as "The Man In Charge" still.

I started up a game as PWI. I don't like Shane Allman or his vision, so I made up a story that his increasing irratibility and hostility towards sports entertainment and the Harts and whatnot was actually a result of health problems, which forced him to sell the company to my user character, Arafat somethingsomethingsomething (one of the rich Middle-Eastern dudes). As part of this I retconned Nick Hart leaving the company, since I took over before that happened.

My plan is to make PWI a smidgen more flashy and modern. I moved mainstream and modern up one step in the product and realism and pure down one step. Not a drastic change, but enough of one. My focus is on charismatic, entertaining guys that can put a match together and wrestle. Someone like Jean-Claude Giroux, who I am going to break the bank for when his contract expires in the next couple months.

I've structured the company into three main divisions based on the three main championships, the World Heavyweight Championship, the Super Junior X Championship, and the Tag Team Championship. My main show is Primetime, and the B-show is Genesis, which will eventually contain the secondary titles for those three divisions. The top 8-10ish in each division are on Primetime, while the rest are on Genesis.

For the first month I've been continuing the storyline surrounding The Lothario Standard, except Eli Morton and Ryan Doherty are now joined by The Van Holt Brothers. Morton defended his title against Sebastian Curtis at the PPV, getting a tainted win after Curtis, who was booked to look strong, took a crazy bump. Curtis lost 2 points of pop but Morton gained about 11 and the match was still rated a 90.

I'm about to debut Terry Thunder as the man to lead his Team Thunder against the Lothario Standard. Curtis will definitely be a member of Team Thunder, but I'm not sure who else will be.

The rest of the World Heavyweight picture consists of Roscoe Carmine, Scott Hart, "Mean" Mark Taylor (The Ghost Rider in a Taker-esque ABA gimmick; unfortunately on time decline), and Marco de Francesco.

The Super Junior X division consists of Ryan Doherty (champ), Tyler Mercury, Kosmo Hart, El Icono, Furosuto, and Super Tiger.

My tag division is absurd right now. Nick Hart and James Gilmour-Hart are the champs with the Van Holts hot on their heels. Lying in wait are Dead or Alive, Enemies of the State, The Paros (Tyler Mercury turned on Jay in order to pursue the Super Junior X title, and the Paros have good chemistry in my game), the Bollywood Knights, and Corn-Fried Lucha.

Besides JCG, contracts expiring in the next 4 months include Silva Dolla and #Trending. I'm planning on putting the three of them into a heel DX-esque stable with Zeke King to feud with the Hart Family. Kato and Goto's contracts are also close to expiring, and I'm planning on going nuts for them because they'll fit perfectly in my tag division while also being able to lose well to the top Super Junior X guys.

Regarding Prophecy, another way to do it would be that the reveal of Prophecy as the mysterious dark power effectively ends his control over Dax Deekins (after all, the fact that this control is public effectively reduces his hold over Deeks). So either his control would be limited to something he squeezed out of Deekins before the reveal (like a minority ownership), or he's not so much an authority figure as a sort of stable-leader who is using the heels to get his revenge. Think Ministry of Darkness if it wasn't Vince all along :D

This is something along hte lines of what Im leaning toward. I don't want to render Skym useless (I find him far too fun), and I'm not really interested by an authority versus authority feud, at least at this point. I could and should embrace the "wrestle-crap" glory of having Prophesy as some kind of dark magic influence. But its probably going to be more of a "bad influence" type deal. I just envision Deekins going on The Hollywood Show to lament about how he was niaeve, and a wrestling legend reached out to him with some advice, and he took it, and that person manipulated him.... and that person being Prophesy. Having him as a stable-leader with an undue level of influence in the company feels about right.

Huh....alright, looks like one of my saves decided Lois doesn't need to be related to Turner 0_0.....weird.....

How odd! I wondered if it was to do with him being deceased, but it doesn't seem to be. Maybe just one of those quirks you'll never be able to explain! :D

I think my imagining of the situation will be close to this. I envision it as a power struggle between Dax Deekins as a representative of the Board of Directors/Adrenaline Network and Casey Skym as "The Main In Charge"/the people's authority figure. However, it will be not-so-subtly hinted that Prophecy is the one controlling Deekins' actions. When Deekins comes out to make a decision/match and Prophecy doesn't approve, the lights will go out, Prophecy will appear for a brief moment behind him, then the lights will come back on and Deekins will have "spontaneously" changed his mind. I haven't fleshed it out beyond that yet, but it seems like a good start to me...

Might you tell us what is in update 0.2?

Thanks for the update, but if it isn't too much hassle, would it be possible to provide "patch notes" of somekind in the future updates?

jhd might be able to help out here more but I think it's minor fixes that have been mentioned in the thread. Nothing TOO major so if you have a game that is running it won't be affected.

Michigan's right. The changes are so minor that it's certainly not worth starting a new game for. It's probably sensible to install for future games but it'll not affect anything major.

That said, I'll try and remember to keep the changes noted down somewhere for future reference :)