How do you plan to use the reality show feature?

So obviously people are quite excited about the reality show feature. We don't know yet exactly how it will work or what will/won't be possible with the feature, but it hasn't stopped me from brainstorming a few ideas on how it could be used:

1) Obviously like the traditional TUF format - a bunch of aspiring fighters compete for a spot in your organization.

2) Similarly to how the female version is going on right now, to crown a new champion in a newly-introduced division.

3) To perhaps crown the next title challenger in an already-established division.

4) As an accompaniment to 3, perhaps to crown an interim champion, if the current champion will be on the shelf for a long while with an injury (which reminds me, how will injuries be handled in the reality shows? I presume replacements are possible)

5) As a "last chance" type tournament for a bunch of fringe guys ... Develop one guy who still has a chance in the division (the winner) and the rest of the guys get fired.

6) As a "country versus country" battle... Find 8 fighters from one region, 8 from another and go at it with the patriotic angle.

7) As an add-on to 6, perhaps the feature could be used to help break into a new market for your organization. Perhaps if you have guys who have name value in another part of the world than your organization, you could use them all in one tournament, and build up their name value in your organization, at the same time having guys with name value in that country for your finale - which would then be your first show in that new country, after you develop a bunch of name value stars in that region on the show

8) Since camps/teams are more a highlight this year, perhaps a camp/team battle of some sort.. Might be tough to do with numbers of fighters available and whatnot, but perhaps 4 fighters from 4 different camps to see which reigns supreme? Could create some interesting drama if the bracket works out with two camp members having to fight each other.

9) Might be a bit of an oddity, but perhaps in a division that doesn't have a lot/any main event fighters, if you want to build some stars... Stick the top 16 fighters in the division into the tournament (including the champion) ... Can the champion "run the gauntlet" and keep his title through four title fights, or will the title change hands multiple times in the tournament? The final fight, of course, will also be a title fight, but the tournament/reality show itself would be guaranteed to have four title shots. Could be kind of cool actually.

The last option of course would hinge on an option to make the fights "official" .. I do hope we can toggle that (making fights three round "actual" fights that count in the records, versus two round "exhibitions" that don't count) ... Having both options for the reality series would be great, so the user can decide what he wants (in terms of building a prospect it would be nice to have the matches be "official" so your reality show winner will be on at least a four-fight winning streak. One way or the other, I hope these fights are at least listed somewhere in a fighter's history.

Anyway, those are some ideas I've come up with, and HOPEFULLY some or all of them are possible within the confines of the reality show feature.... How do YOU plan to use the feature? Any other ideas you can think of?

along with the fighter generator pair with this makes the game worth buying. I can see myself scouting for hours trying to find talent to put on a TUF. I like the idea with the camps maybe adding random fighters to the best camps letting them develop for a year or two and than stick them on the show. really looking forward to using this feature.

Probably all of the above. I'm pretty pumped, I've always liked to play the UFC-esque promotion and while I don't really like TUF anymore due to watering down of talent overall, I see why the UFC would do it. It's a lot of fun :). Especially trying to open up a new market by getting a deal with, say, Asian TV and put Asian fighters on TUF to create a bunch of good name fighters for your company. In WMMA3 it is quite difficult because of the limited amount of fighters in each region, but with the fighter generation system in 4 it should be much better.

Also, I think if possible I will be taking creative freedom with changing the generated fighters' information. Not so much the skill sets as the nationalities, names and pro records, as it's rare in real TUF for fighters to join at 0-0 (has happened though, Matt Riddle, Amir Sadollah come to mind).

I haven't yet decided whether to / how to use this when I decide to build up a regional company, but I'm sure we'll find out.

Yea, I like all of your ideas, especially doing a nation vs nation kind of competition. The first thought that I had when I was reading the description of the feature is to have 8 'veterans' (people already in the company, probably low to mid tier) and 8 'newbies (randomly generated fighters).

A concern of mine is doing this so often that I run out of renders for the game to give these guys =x

I thought about that too however if you use how TUF was originally intended and only keep the guy around who won the show than you could go through all the pics and find one you like of a guy who is just a can in the game and take his render. also I think others sometimes post random renders on here so you might be able to grab one from the site.

For me I'll most likely use it to create new divisions. I play GAMMA mostly, and I always create a Featherweight division ASAP. I'm hoping this feature will give the division a good boost for when I do it in the new game :)

I also like the idea of using it for fighters who are on the "cut list" or having a season like The Comeback season of The Ultimate Fighter. Realistically I'll probably do all of the above listed, but these are the two that stand out.

Doing a comeback season as soon as Modern Warriors is up and I already even have my cast picked out. Martin Kampmann, Paul Daley, Phil Baroni, Matt Riddle, Marcus Davis, Dan Hardy, Brian Foster, Andre Winner, Joe Riggs, Karo Parisyan, Mike Swick, Rob Kimmons, Roan Carneiro, Tommy Speer, Forrest Petz, Ryan Thomas

Doing a comeback season as soon as Modern Warriors is up and I already even have my cast picked out. Martin Kampmann, Paul Daley, Phil Baroni, Matt Riddle, Marcus Davis, Dan Hardy, Brian Foster, Andre Winner, Joe Riggs, Karo Parisyan, Mike Swick, Rob Kimmons, Roan Carneiro, Tommy Speer, Forrest Petz, Ryan Thomas

Sorry to nitpick, but technically Dan Hardy is still with the UFC, just hasn't fought for medical reasons. :p

Sorry to nitpick, but technically Dan Hardy is still with the UFC, just hasn't fought for medical reasons. :p

There were guys on the original comeback season like Matt Serra who were still under UFC contract when they went on the show. Also, like previously mentioned with his layoff it would still be a comeback

I'll do my version of TUF called "Beach Clash". It will be held in Hawaii (either Waikiki or North Shore). It will be an annual event featuring eight female fighters competing for a contract with the WCL, my custom all-female promotion.

Sounds cool, although the reality shows consist of 16 fighters.

I will find the worst possible performers yet entertaining in some sort of way, and run the ''Great Big Hope'' tournament.

Just a bunch of guys who can talk the talk, but in no possible way can walk the walk. The winner of the tournament of course gets a title shot and will hopelessly get beat by the champion, or they do the impossible and be the great big hope nonetheless.

Inspired by Don King/Boxing in General/The Great White Hype

Archived