[RELEASE] Real World Chronicles - November 2014

Any chance you'll be adding Timothy Thatcher? Up till recently he was mainly a local NorCal guy(including a long run with the APW Internet title) More recently he is becoming a main fixture on the WWNLive group, including going on their recent Chinese tour.

That would be something else to think about as well, seems the Gabe promotions are all touring under the WWN banner, maybe make an alliance? Or make them all one promotion, since you don't have EVOLVE, even though they are still running under that name, with Drew Galloway as their current champion.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IPW:UK, Insane Championship Wrestling, PROGRESS (I think), Preston City Wrestling, K-Star Wrestling and Fierce Females: UK are the UK promotions included - I'll have to check when I'm on my home PC.

Great. Is there an extensive free agent/indie list on the british scene? Im thinking guys like Mark Andrews etc...

Great. Is there an extensive free agent/indie list on the british scene? Im thinking guys like Mark Andrews etc...

There are not a whole lot of people out of work in the British Isles on this at all. Mark Andrews is in the game but he appears for PROGRESS (or he did - I must admit I've not updated UK rosters in a while). Maybe I'll try and get those up together as best I can.

Like I say though, I'm only doing this as and when so it won't be regular updates like I done for the first year of this mods existence and not too much in terms of additions as I don't enjoy the pressure of having to get an update out every month.

Just a minor thing.

I noticed that when playing as any British based promotion when signing American Indy talents their popularity in the UK in very low so the get auto pushed as Openers or Enhancement Talents when in real life they would still have more popularity in the UK than all home grown UK talents excluding people like Regal, Wade Barrett, Magnus etc...

I think their popularity should be raised in the British Isles as it makes them very expensive to sign but for a low draw if that makes sense. Chris Hero is in my promotion as an opener when you have others like Kay Lee Ray as Midcarders and Upper Midcard.

Just a minor thing.

I noticed that when playing as any British based promotion when signing American Indy talents their popularity in the UK in very low so the get auto pushed as Openers or Enhancement Talents when in real life they would still have more popularity in the UK than all home grown UK talents excluding people like Regal, Wade Barrett, Magnus etc...

I think their popularity should be raised in the British Isles as it makes them very expensive to sign but for a low draw if that makes sense. Chris Hero is in my promotion as an opener when you have others like Kay Lee Ray as Midcarders and Upper Midcard.

I'll look into it. To be honest I didn't think to up their popularity outside the US because I was trying my hardest to get them balanced there. It's just one of those things that then slipped through the net and probably hasn't come to light because the UK scene doesn't get played a lot. I'll add it to my list to be done over time.

EDIT... Just had a look at people like Chris Hero and compared him with Sha Samuels and here is what we get; Sha has 40% overness in the UK. It's safe to say in real life he's pretty well known on the UK Indy scene to merit at least that. Chris Hero is 25% over in the United States, meaning he's a main eventer/upper midcarder in promotions such as ROH/PWG etc and would come into TNA around the Midcard/Upper Midcard area and WWE as Lower Midcard (roughly) if I've followed Derek B's overness guide correctly... Now what I need to know from some people who are in the know with regards to the games mechanics, as I'm a bit sketchy on this point, are the following things;

1) If I put Chris Hero to 40% in UK to Main Event shows will he see the UK as being more lucrative to him than the US? or because the US has more "Areas" will he still see that as the better option?

2) Does his UK overness have any effect on where he will be on the card in US/Japanese indy promotions or indeed which companies will be able to sign him? What I don't want is for him to refuse to sign deals with PWG (for example) because they are "Too Small".

BTW, Chris Hero is just the example I'm using - I will adopt the solution to all those who are available to wrestle in the UK. Personally the thought of this task is a daunting one but I will give it a go with those who are available to work in the UK but not to those who never do.

Just a minor thing.

I'll look into it. To be honest I didn't think to up their popularity outside the US because I was trying my hardest to get them balanced there. It's just one of those things that then slipped through the net and probably hasn't come to light because the UK scene doesn't get played a lot. I'll add it to my list to be done over time.

I'd make the argument that if the pop of US Indy workers is being raised across the UK then so should the UK workers otherwise the UK scene will just be filled with US Indy folks. They aren't permanently fixtures over in the UK whereas the likes of Kay Lee are so it makes more sense for the Kay Lee Ray's to be pushed higher.

I'd give the likes of Chris Masters high enough pop to headline a UK promotion but the likes of Chris Hero should theoretically be no higher than a midcarder based on how he's been used when he's over. Hero hasn't been in a main event match in his most recent tour over here other than a match against Marty Scurll for Kamikaze Pro who I'd put as no higher than small in TEW terms. Masters on the other hand is the current champion of the #3 promotion in the UK and as such should push to be a main eventer.

EDIT... Just had a look at people like Chris Hero and compared him with Sha Samuels and here is what we get; Sha has 40% overness in the UK. It's safe to say in real life he's pretty well known on the UK Indy scene to merit at least that. Chris Hero is 25% over in the United States, meaning he's a main eventer/upper midcarder in promotions such as ROH/PWG etc and would come into TNA around the Midcard/Upper Midcard area and WWE as Lower Midcard (roughly) if I've followed Derek B's overness guide correctly... Now what I need to know from some people who are in the know with regards to the games mechanics, as I'm a bit sketchy on this point, are the following things;

1) If I put Chris Hero to 40% in UK to Main Event shows will he see the UK as being more lucrative to him than the US? or because the US has more "Areas" will he still see that as the better option?

2) Does his UK overness have any effect on where he will be on the card in US/Japanese indy promotions or indeed which companies will be able to sign him? What I don't want is for him to refuse to sign deals with PWG (for example) because they are "Too Small".

BTW, Chris Hero is just the example I'm using - I will adopt the solution to all those who are available to wrestle in the UK. Personally the thought of this task is a daunting one but I will give it a go with those who are available to work in the UK but not to those who never do.

I think area pop does have an effect on how they'll sign. If someone has high US pop but is open to working in the UK, unless the UK promotion is of cult size (I think) they'll knock back the promotion.

Looked through the UK data stuff, a lot of workers need to be created so I'll make a start on getting stats and stuff for folks to put them into their own games.

Here's the notes I got using the current data

Fierce Females UK

Remove

Amazing Kong

Ayesha Ray

Blue Nikita

Crazy Mary Dobson

Erin Angel

Kirsty Love

Rhia O’Reilly

The Wee Man

Add

Sara-Marie Taylor

Saraya Knight

Gimmick & Alignment Changes

Bete Noire to face, change gimmick to old school face

Debbie Sharpe to heel, change gimmick to arrogant heel or obnoxious

Kay Lee Ray to heel, change gimmick to old school heel

Nikki Storm to face, change gimmick to fan favourite

Sammi Jayne to heel, change gimmick to arrogant heel

Viper to face

PROGRESS

Remove

Adam Cole

Jonathon Windsor

Nathan Cruz

T-Bone

Add

Chris Roberts

Mad Man Manson

Change

I’d give Mark Andrews & Jimmy Havoc enough pop to autopush to upper midcard & main event respectively.

Same with Eddie Dennis, I’d give him enough pop to autopush to midcard.

Noam Dar should autopush to upper midcard/main event level in both ICW & PROGRESS

Paul Robinson’s pop could do with being increased, as it stands he’s one of the most popular British workers in the area and that’s simply not the case

Bump up Rampage Brown’s pop, he’s at least an upper midcarder in PROGRESS

Will Ospreay should autopush to high end midcard/upper midcard in both PROGRESS & IPW:UK

Alignment Changes

Danny Garnell to heel, change gimmick to bitter veteran

Darrell Allen to face, change gimmick to fan favourite

Eddie Dennis to face, change gimmick to fun babyface

Jimmy Havoc to heel, change gimmick to Evil

Mark Andrews to face, change gimmick to fan favourite

Mark Haskins to heel, change gimmick to arrogant heel

Martin Kirby to face, change gimmick to old school face

Marty Scurrll, change gimmick to cocky

Mikey Whiplash, change gimmick to no gimmick needed, change name in PROGRESS to Michael Gilbert

Paul Robinson to heel, change gimmick to turncoat

Rampage Brown to face

RJ Singh to face, change gimmick to fun babyface

Will Ospreay, change gimmick to man on a mission

ICW

Remove

April Davids

Crazy Mark Dobson

Lambrini

Robbie Dynamite

Scott Maverick

William Grange

Add

Jack Gallagher

Jimmy Havoc

Lionheart

Martin Stone

Paul London

Sha Samuels

Alignment & Gimmick Changes

Andy Wild to face, change gimmick to none (He really has no gimmick)

Bete Noir to face, change gimmick to weirdo

Drew Galloway to face

Jack Jester to face

Joe Coffey to face, change gimmick to legitimate athlete

Kasey Owens to heel, change gimmick to bitch

Kenny Williams to face, change gimmick to fan favourite

Leah Owens to heel, change gimmick to bitch

Michael Dante to face

Mikey Whiplash to face, change gimmick to...undead?

Tommy End to face

Viper to face

Wolfgang to face, change gimmick to bad ass

Popularity & Roles

Davey Boy bump up to midcard/upper midcard

Dickie Divers bump up to midcard

Grado up to upper midcard/main event

Jackie Polo to active wrestler & wrestler in ICW instead of manager

James Scott - rename to Darkside in ICW

Joe Coffey bump up to upper midcard

Kenny Williams bump up to midcard

Liam Thompson up to midcard

Mark Coffey up to midcard

Noam Dar up to upper midcard

Red Lightning - change contract role to Authority Figure

Stevie Boy bump up to midcard/upper midcard

Wolfgang up to main event

Teams & Stables

Rename the New Age Klique to The New Age Kliq

Create a low experience team of “NAK II” for Dickie Divers & Darkside

Create a low experience team of “NAK III” for Dickie Divers & Chris Renfrew

Create a medium experience team of “Polo Promotions” for Jackie Polo & Mark Coffey

Create an ICW specific stable for the Sumerian Death Squad containing Michael Dante, Mikey Whiplash & Tommy End

Looked through the UK data stuff, a lot of workers need to be created so I'll make a start on getting stats and stuff for folks to put them into their own games.

Here's the notes I got using the current data

Fierce Females UK

PROGRESS

ICW

Thanks. I shall get that changed. Thanks to everyone who have submitted the issues found, helps this to improve.

I'm going to have to say that a December release is highly unlikely (what with it being 2 days away). There is so much to get done on my other mod that I'm enjoying that all these changes in this thread will be sat in my notepad until I get around to doing it. Like I've said, I don't really enjoy updating this real world data as it's too much hard work, frustration and not enough fun (I get paid at work to feel like that so don't want to spend my free time feeling that way too).

Eddie Dennis picture is kinda weird it has a little pic of a man and woman in the bottom right hand corner.

Do you have a better one or know where I can get one? That'd be cool and I'll get it cut. The only one I can find is that one in which he is holding a book.

DJ Zema Ion and Robbie E. were in AAA's last show.

Also, Joe Lider is a heel now. Him and Pentagon Jr. are now part of Los Perros del Mal.

Fenix and Sin Cara are a tag team. Haven't heard a name yet.

Will add to the notepad to change. Although I haven't heard that DJZ and Robbie E's appearance for AAA was anything more than a one off - if that turns out to not be the case I'll add them to AAA on PPA deals.

Do you have a better one or know where I can get one? That'd be cool and I'll get it cut. The only one I can find is that one in which he is holding a book.

Will add to the notepad to change. Although I haven't heard that DJZ and Robbie E's appearance for AAA was anything more than a one off - if that turns out to not be the case I'll add them to AAA on PPA deals.

His facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/EddieDennisWrestling/photos_stream?tab=photos_stream

I don't have the game in front of me right now, so don't know if these are in yet, but here it goes;

I'd change CM Punk from Retired Wrestler to Out Of The Business. Doesn't seem to want anything to do with wrestling nowadays.

Set Paul Burchill to Retired Wrestler.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wherearetheynow/where-are-they-now-paul-burchill-26849302

Thanks. Yeah both of these are now done (for next release) - Burchill is one I've been meaning (and forgetting) to set as left the business since July! :D

Don't know if you'd cut Eddie Dennis or not yet, Fleisch but I was working on some other Chronicles cuts anyway so I thought I'd take a stab at it while I'm there:

http://i.imgur.com/iYsg7WK.jpg

Ah Thank you! Saved me a job!

A note from the last PROGRESS show

- RJ Singh is now retired from wrestling. He lost a Career vs Career match against Stixx and then gave a speech saying he's done for the time being.

Really? He only won the IPW:UK All England title 2 weeks ago. Bloody annoying when I've literally just changed the title reign. I shall stick the belt to vacant.

If this is AJ Styles related, I'd lower his safety. He's not safe in-ring if he's breaking necks (this is all based on if Yoshitatsu's neck is relative to the Styles Clash botch during AJ/Yoshitatsu. This would make it two in a year alongside the near breaks of Roderick Strong & Curt Hawkins).

He dumped Kojima on his head at a recent show with the same move.

Archived