Cool/Weird/Funny Fights/Events, WMMA4 edition

I've had rotten luck booking title fights for James Foster. Two out of the last three PPVs he was supposed to headline were scrapped on short notice because his opponent received a "training injury."

I'm beginning to suspect Foster is resorting to sabotage to keep his title.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
I've had rotten luck booking title fights for James Foster. Two out of the last three PPVs he was supposed to headline were scrapped on short notice because his opponent received a "training injury."

I'm beginning to suspect Foster is resorting to sabotage to keep his title.

Couldn't you set him up against a replacement (even a can) and change the event to advertised? Honestly I've never had positive results from postponing. Most people just want to see him fight. :p

Setup my user created fighter against Kunimichi Kikuchi. This was to be my fighters "coming out" party. Beat up the aging overrated 4th ranked Kikuchi in his home town. Kikuchi is overmatched. My diabolical plan has no flaws.

First 6 rounds go down as planned. My fighter is killing him. Multiple knock downs, Kikuchi is getting beat down. Until my fighter follows him to the ground where he gets caught (excellent submission defence, btw) by an armbar. Doesn't tap, ref steps in and its a technical TKO.

End result, undefeated fighter is no longer undefeated and he's on the shelf for 4 months with a moderate arm injury. To stick it to me even more, Kikuchi retires right when my fighter is back from injury.

Yeah it screwed up my plans, but what a memorable fight.

Then he retired before I could even book a defence.

EDIT: At the next show, someone called out Lashley.

Several have spoken out about the unfortunate nature of this feature, but I think there's a workaround. Just export his character, change it in the editor (not the in-game one) and you can get him out of retirement. It will be the same ID though so you'll have to change the old one to "Bobby Lashley 2" or something. Never tried this, but maybe his fight history will be retained this way (though I doubt it). The call-out bonus will be gone, though.

Easiest way if you want to see the fight is export both, change his status and just do the fight seperately (outside of career).

One for the very weird category.

My game is in December 2012, and Women's Flyweight is quite well represented in the game world.

However, this person has leapfrogged everyone in ALPHA to get the title in her second fight, and has leapt to #2 in the world.

http://i.imgur.com/jb5zhnl.jpg

One for the very weird category.

My game is in December 2012, and Women's Flyweight is quite well represented in the game world.

However, this person has leapfrogged everyone in ALPHA to get the title in her second fight, and has leapt to #2 in the world.

http://i.imgur.com/jb5zhnl.jpg

People with great skills can sometimes "leapfrog" the rankings

People with great skills can sometimes "leapfrog" the rankings

Odd, I've never noticed that before.

Even a very talented fighter shouldn't be getting a title shot at ALPHA in their second fight. The only exception might be someone who comes with a high name value, eg. having crossed over from another sport, but this person is mid regional.

- Brian 'Barrage' Claremont vs. Riveron 'R-P-P' Potter-Pirbright

- From 'XCC: Bassett vs. Fittleworth' (from the save game 'Test')

- Created 28 February 2015

(Rd 1 - 05:00) Moving on to the next match, in which Brian 'Barrage' Claremont fights Riveron 'R-P-P' Potter-Pirbright.

(Rd 1 - 05:00) Our referee is Kyle Crisp.

(Rd 1 - 05:00) The judges for this bout are: Johnny Beerbohm, Stewart Morecambe, and Edward Wilde.

(Rd 1 - 05:00) We are underway!

(Rd 1 - 05:00) Potter-Pirbright rather obviously ignores the offer to touch gloves to begin.

(Rd 1 - 04:53) The two combatants meet in the center and start to strike.

(Rd 1 - 04:53) Potter-Pirbright lands a left hook. Claremont lands cleanly with a powerful straight right!

(Rd 1 - 04:48) Potter-Pirbright goes down hard, he's out!

(Rd 1 - 04:48) The winner, by knock out, is Brian 'Barrage' Claremont!

(Rd 1 - 04:48) Official Result: Brian 'Barrage' Claremont defeats Riveron 'R-P-P' Potter-Pirbright (Knock Out (Punch) in 0:12 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good.

I guess Claremont took it personally. :eek:

Two things :

(Rd 2 - 03:46) Catherine tries to lock her legs around the waist of Hofmeijer, wanting to pull her down to the floor.

(Rd 2 - 03:46) Hofmeijer counters by brutally slamming her to the mat!

(Rd 2 - 03:28) Catherine is allowed to stand back up, Hofmeijer simply stepped away.

(Rd 3 - 04:23) Tanaka lands a jab and then hits Dvorák with a great high left head kick.

(Rd 3 - 04:16) Dvorák looks unsteady on her feet as she retreats, that last blow may have rocked her!

(Rd 3 - 04:16) In an amazing moment, Tanaka actually jumps and springs off the cage wall to throw a head kick right out of The Matrix!!

(Rd 3 - 04:16) Dvorák eats the kick and is out before she hits the ground!

(Rd 3 - 04:01) The winner, by knock out, is Eko Tanaka!

(Rd 3 - 04:01) Eko Tanaka wins the KSW Featherweight title.

(Rd 3 - 04:01) Official Result: Eko Tanaka defeats 'Strange' Evelina Dvorák (Knock Out (Kick) in 0:59 of round 3). The match was rated as being Great.

The main event of GAMMA 59: Foster vs. Cabal:

(Rd 1 - 05:00) It's time for the main event of the evening! 'The King Of Ground And Pound' James Foster squares off with 'The Baddest Man In MMA' Terron Cabal in the GAMMA Heavyweight division.

(Rd 1 - 05:00) The GAMMA Heavyweight title is on the line in this fight.

(Rd 1 - 05:00) Our referee is Leo Behan.

(Rd 1 - 05:00) Our cageside judges are: Edward Wilde, Stewart Morecambe, and Millhouse Twain.

(Rd 1 - 05:00) The fight begins!

(Rd 1 - 05:00) We start with a touch of gloves.

(Rd 1 - 04:49) Cabal moves in on Foster, preparing to throw.

(Rd 1 - 04:49) Foster looked like he was going to step in and grapple, but Cabal simply took the initiative first.

(Rd 1 - 04:49) Cabal lands two left hands and then hits a violent right hook to the ribs!

(Rd 1 - 04:49) Foster collapses from that blow, this fight is over!

(Rd 1 - 04:39) By TKO, the winner is Terron Cabal!

(Rd 1 - 04:39) 'The Baddest Man In MMA' Terron Cabal wins the GAMMA Heavyweight title.

(Rd 1 - 04:39) Official Result: 'The Baddest Man In MMA' Terron Cabal defeats 'The King Of Ground And Pound' James Foster (TKO in 0:21 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good.

Foster had been an utterly dominant champion before this 11-second disaster. Oh, man.

• 2 weeks later...

Very close fight

(Rd 3 - 00:00) The judges have given their scores, which are about to be announced.

(Rd 3 - 00:00) Johnny Beerbohm has scored it 30-27 Sukarno.

(Rd 3 - 00:00) Reginald Wodehouse has scored it 30-27 Lermontov.

(Rd 3 - 00:00) Benjamin Milligan III gives a score of 29-28 in favour of Sukarno.

(Rd 3 - 00:00) The winner, by split decision, is 'Fury Awoken' Sukarno!

(Rd 3 - 00:00) Official Result: 'Fury Awoken' Sukarno defeats Fiyero Lermontov (Split Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Great.

I was watching an GAMMA event and this is what happened.

(Rd 1 - 05:00) Another match is about to begin; Derek 'Smash Mouth' South taking on Lawrence 'The Law' Herringbone.

(Rd 1 - 05:00) The referee is William Yeats.

(Rd 1 - 05:00) The judges for this bout are: Millhouse Twain, Reginald Wodehouse, and Edward Wilde.

(Rd 1 - 05:00) We are underway!

(Rd 1 - 04:51) Both fighters step in to strike.

(Rd 1 - 04:51) Herringbone is off target with a left jab but scores with a great right hook. South is off-target with a jab and also can't hit a right cross.

(Rd 1 - 04:32) A quick step-in from Herringbone means he closes the distance and clinches with South without any significant counter strikes landing.

(Rd 1 - 04:12) Using his wrestling skills, Herringbone is trying to push South up against the cage.

(Rd 1 - 04:12) South ends up backed against the cage.

(Rd 1 - 04:00) South is controlled up against the cage and eats a sharp right to the ear.

(Rd 1 - 03:49) South is trapped up against the cage.

(Rd 1 - 02:50) Herringbone tries to use his dirty boxing skills, but South uses wrestling to prevent any strikes from being launched.

(Rd 1 - 02:32) A few short punches to the ribs land, as South fights back.

(Rd 1 - 02:18) Herringbone goes to use some dirty boxing, but South is aware of the danger and uses wrestling to prevent any damage from happening.

(Rd 1 - 02:01) Having been stuck against the cage for a while without any progress, the referee brings them back to the center.

(Rd 1 - 01:51) They stand and trade, but all the shots are either off target or are safely dealt with.

(Rd 1 - 01:27) A quick step-in from Herringbone means he closes the distance and clinches with South without any significant counter strikes landing.

(Rd 1 - 01:09) Herringbone gets solid control and may be looking for a wrestling-based takedown.

(Rd 1 - 01:09) South cannot stop being taken over with a belly-to-belly and left under side control!

(Rd 1 - 00:58) We're into the final minute of the round.

(Rd 1 - 00:58) Herringbone starts trying to work to go from side control to mount.

(Rd 1 - 00:58) Herringbone mounts South.

(Rd 1 - 00:28) Herringbone fires away with right hands, but South doesn't take much damage.

(Rd 1 - 00:12) Herringbone pounds away and South struggles to deal with them.

(Rd 1 - 00:00) The time runs out on round one.

(Rd 1 - 00:00) That round goes to Herringbone, 10-9 on my card.

(Rd 2 - 05:00) We are back underway!

(Rd 2 - 04:49) Herringbone scores with a weak, flicked left hand jab.

(Rd 2 - 04:49) South lands a left hand and then hits a nice straight right.

(Rd 2 - 04:34) Herringbone comes forward on the attack.

(Rd 2 - 04:34) A jab lands from Herringbone, but his big right hand follow-up misses.

(Rd 2 - 04:15) A quick exchange of strikes doesn't lead to anything.

(Rd 2 - 03:47) Herringbone attacks with strikes.

(Rd 2 - 03:47) South hit a counter left hand.

(Rd 2 - 03:47) Herringbone hits a left jab and then hits a nice straight right.

(Rd 2 - 03:23) Both fighters meet in the center.

(Rd 2 - 03:23) Herringbone is off target with a left jab but nails a right cross. South hits a jab and also hits a good right hand.

(Rd 2 - 03:03) The two fighters engage.

(Rd 2 - 03:03) Herringbone hits a left jab and also hits a good right hand. South uses a left jab and also hits a good right hand.

(Rd 2 - 03:03) Herringbone winces after landing that last punch, he may have damaged his hand.

(Rd 2 - 03:03) If it's a break, that's really going to affect his striking ability dramatically.

(Rd 2 - 02:51) Herringbone staggers backward, looking dazed...that last blow must have really rocked him!

(Rd 2 - 02:51) South pounces and smashes Herringbone with a big right hand! Down he goes!

(Rd 2 - 02:36) South senses victory and starts to unload with punches!

(Rd 2 - 02:36) South pounds away, landing several great shots that threaten to KO Herringbone!

(Rd 2 - 02:36) The referee jumps in and stops the fight!

(Rd 2 - 02:20) Derek 'Smash Mouth' South takes the win by TKO!

(Rd 2 - 02:20) Post-Fight Interview: South says that he'd like to face Toby Sorkin in the future.

(Rd 2 - 02:20) Official Result: Derek 'Smash Mouth' South defeats Lawrence 'The Law' Herringbone (TKO (Strikes) in 2:40 of round 2). The match was rated as being Fantastic.

I'm still in 2001 and this is by far the biggest upset in my game.

Archived