Cool/Weird/Funny Fights/Events, WMMA4 edition

So, here you can post cool reports of cool fights. Wether it having an awesome ending, or something completely weird.

This is not the Excellent/Abysmal thread, but of course if the match somehow had something interesting they are still welcome.

Anyways, here is my first offering of a very cool ending of a fight. My first SIGMA main event, between Snorri and Bohlin.

(Rd 5 - 04:07) Using his wrestling skills, Gunnarsson is trying to push Bohlin up against the cage.

(Rd 5 - 04:07) Gunnarsson can't move Bohlin at all though, and finds himself being out-wrestled.

(Rd 5 - 03:40) Bohlin is looking to wrestle Gunnarsson to the ground.

(Rd 5 - 03:40) He hits a belly-to-belly suplex, Gunnarsson has to pull guard!

(Rd 5 - 03:26) Bohlin throws a few strikes, but is clearly slowing things down so that he can think.

(Rd 5 - 03:04) Securing an arm, Gunnarsson then brings his legs up and tries to lock Bohlin in a triangle choke.

(Rd 5 - 03:04) Gunnarsson gets the triangle fully applied...this must be the end!

(Rd 5 - 03:04) Bohlin lifts Gunnarsson up while in the triangle...and uses a brutal powerbomb-type move!

(Rd 5 - 03:04) Despite the impact, Gunnarsson doesn't let go...and Bohlin has to tap out!

(Rd 5 - 02:48) The winner, by submission; Snorri Gunnarsson!

(Rd 5 - 02:48) Snorri Gunnarsson makes his third defence of the SIGMA Featherweight title.

(Rd 5 - 02:48) Official Result: Snorri Gunnarsson defeats 'Ice Cold' Lars Bohlin (Submission (Triangle) in 2:12 of round 5). The match was rated as being Decent.

Both these guys are badasses!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ozzy Bintley making a case for better competition in my BCF game. A main card fight might be coming his way after this in the featured prelim:

(Rd 1 - 05:00) In the last of the preliminary fights, Ozzy Bintley fights Howard Pursglove in the BCF Heavyweight division.

(Rd 1 - 05:00) Refereeing this bout will be Warren Munro.

(Rd 1 - 05:00) Our judges at cageside are: Osford T. Drakeford, Archibald Cohen, and Martin Mills.

(Rd 1 - 05:00) The fight begins!

(Rd 1 - 04:48) Bintley comes forward on the attack.

(Rd 1 - 04:48) Pursglove hits a pair of jabs in the exchange.

(Rd 1 - 04:48) Bintley lands a left hand and then hits Pursglove with a beautiful right uppercut!

(Rd 1 - 04:48) Pursglove goes down hard, he's out!

(Rd 1 - 04:40) Ozzy Bintley takes the victory by way of knock out!

(Rd 1 - 04:40) Official Result: Ozzy Bintley defeats Howard Pursglove (Knock Out (Punch) in 0:20 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good.

EDIT: The stats were 2 jabs for Pursglove and 2 power punches for Ozzy. Nothing else.

It was outside the cage, but it's something I'd never seen before: one of my fighters drew a lot of heat after posting racist messages on twitter. Thought that was really amusing.

That's disturbing yet awesome at the same time... I hope you will punish him by putting him against a much better guy who just so happens to be not his ethnicity.

I've never seen this happen at any time in any WMMA yet this guy does it THREE TIMES in the same fight

(Rd 1 - 03:10) Pickering has gotten underhooks in and is looking to take Shakespeare to the ground.

(Rd 1 - 03:10) Shakespeare, desperate, grabs the cage to block the takedown!

(Rd 1 - 03:10) The referee spots it and stops the action. A point is taken off Shakespeare!

(Rd 1 - 03:10) The fight is restarted with them back against the cage.

(Rd 2 - 00:58) With Shakespeare stuck against the cage, Pickering gets the underhooks and looks for a takedown.

(Rd 2 - 00:58) Shakespeare prevents the takedown by grabbing the cage out of desperation!

(Rd 2 - 00:58) The referee pauses the fight so that he can give Shakespeare a one point deduction!

(Rd 3 - 02:27) Shakespeare blocks the takedown, but only by grabbing the cage!

(Rd 3 - 02:27) The referee fails to spot that bit of cheating!

It was clearly a UD anyways but I personally found this hilarious

Crow Leddy was defeated by Matthew Michael Kirby in BCF as his corner threw in the towel between rounds 1 and 2. Leddy's jaw was broken by Kirby's power punches :o

First corner stoppage I've ever seen personally in the WMMA series. And I played WMMA3 a TON.

I've never seen this happen at any time in any WMMA yet this guy does it THREE TIMES in the same fight

(Rd 1 - 03:10) Pickering has gotten underhooks in and is looking to take Shakespeare to the ground.

(Rd 1 - 03:10) Shakespeare, desperate, grabs the cage to block the takedown!

(Rd 1 - 03:10) The referee spots it and stops the action. A point is taken off Shakespeare!

(Rd 1 - 03:10) The fight is restarted with them back against the cage.

(Rd 2 - 00:58) With Shakespeare stuck against the cage, Pickering gets the underhooks and looks for a takedown.

(Rd 2 - 00:58) Shakespeare prevents the takedown by grabbing the cage out of desperation!

(Rd 2 - 00:58) The referee pauses the fight so that he can give Shakespeare a one point deduction!

(Rd 3 - 02:27) Shakespeare blocks the takedown, but only by grabbing the cage!

(Rd 3 - 02:27) The referee fails to spot that bit of cheating!

It was clearly a UD anyways but I personally found this hilarious

Did the ref not give him a warning the first time?! :o

Crazy that he kept doing it after the point deduction though lol

It was outside the cage, but it's something I'd never seen before: one of my fighters drew a lot of heat after posting racist messages on twitter. Thought that was really amusing.

I got both that and homophobic slurs in the first two weeks. Thought it added a nice realism to the game.

(Rd 3 - 00:00) The official scores are being reported now.

(Rd 3 - 00:00) The judges have scored it 30-27 (Benjamin Milligan III), 29-28 (Gregory C. James) and 30-27 (Johnny Beerbohm).

(Rd 3 - 00:00) So the winner, by unanimous decision, is Diana Marr!

(Rd 3 - 00:00) Post-Fight: Vanessa Phillips takes the microphone and announces that she is now retiring from fighting following this loss.

(Rd 3 - 00:00) Official Result: Diana Marr defeats 'The All American' Vanessa Phillips (Unanimous Decision in 3:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Decent.

This is a very nice feature. Older fighter gets taken care off easily by a younger upstart, and decides to hang up her boots.

It certainly adds an interesting dynamic to fighters, where before they would always give you a few months warning, now they can just up and decide they had enough and walk away from the business. Probably when they know that they can't cut it, and can't make a decent living out of it.

Woody Fierstein got jailed for 12 months for assault in March of 2002, fast forward 3 months and he is fighting on a small local show.

I guess the prison he was sent to has an MMA work release program.

That's probably a bug and should be reported in the tech support forum.

Archived