Modern Warriors 1 (RELEASE)

Modern Warriors 1.2

Here we go.

https://www.mediafire.com/?nzqgt63x3z7z1p6

I normally take a good month and plug away at new mods, only to have the real errors come out when the community gets their hands on it. With that in mind, and thanks to getting a good jump on it this year, I'm going to go ahead and release what I have now. I think it is a pretty good first effort, and I know a lot of you are ready to dig into it. So here it is. It is, as always, a work in progress and so the errors will be many.

What's in the mod

There are 21 promotions and 2566 fighters. I've retired a lot of fighters and added new prospects, so there's a decent difference between this mod and my last release. I've included all the real world judges and referees you've likely heard of. I've updated the UFC roster to include attributes, fighter records and promotion specific records. I've also updated all of those things for about half of the non-UFC fighters. I've done a lot of testing with the attributes and am pretty happy with the realism so far. Event histories for the UFC are up to date, and UFC has The Ultimate Fighter. Thanks to Damian we have new banners for the promotions, and he's done logos for most of the major fight camps. I have also greatly expanded the body packs and have cleaned up a lot of the poor quality headshots. The pic pack in general is much sharper.

What's not in the mod

Non-UFC fighters with names from A-L haven't been updated; there will be fighters with incorrect records, no attributes, and some that should be retired all together. I got through a lot but opted to release now instead of taking three weeks to round out a bunch of prospects and regional fighters. The mod doesn't include tournament histories or reality show winners. There are also inevitably balance issues and errors i've missed. That's where you come in.

What's next

Adding Cage Warriors and MMA Super Heroes. Finishing fighters A-L. Updating tournament histories and reality show winners. Fixing what's broken in general. I will probably clear out some pictures of retired fighters to make the download smaller.

In Conclusion

Enjoy. Let me know what's messed up. If you have a lengthy list message me instead of posting here, especially regarding attributes or skills.

UPDATE 12/23/14

Version 1.1 is up, link is updated in OP. Check my most recent post in this thread for details.

UPDATE 1/6/15

Version 1.2 is up, link in OP. See my most recent post for more details.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="edvis500" data-cite="edvis500" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38855" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Some guys are atomweights and super heavyweights at the same time<p> </p><p> EDIT: Game freezes when processing reality TV show</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do you have the newest patch? That would be your issue. Has nothing to do with the mod.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="concertgoer" data-cite="concertgoer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38855" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When I try to create a game I get an unexpected error 3159 has occured the game must be closed. <p> I am using the most current patch.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No idea. Post it in tech support.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tag01" data-cite="Tag01" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38855" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No idea. Post it in tech support.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just did</p><p> Thanks !</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Almondd x" data-cite="Almondd x" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38855" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Any ideas about if my problem is mod or game based. I can only select one broadcaster for an event.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've changed that for future releases so PPV aren't exclusive content. You can fix it manually in your save by going to the editor, editing broadcasters, and for each PPV broadcaster change Exclusive Content from Yes to No. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38855" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>One extremely minor thing I've noticed is that teams are all set to the default region (Alabama for US)<p> </p><p> Nothing too hard to fix up, but not exactly game breaking either</p><p> </p><p> Great work as always</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Fixed for next release.</p>

<p>I have been unable to get past the second day on every test run with UFC. It says 'Processing Game World - Japanese Area' and just sticks on it. Left it for an hour on one attempt and no movement. Did a test run with Bellator and it processed as normal. Anybody else having this issue?</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT - using a fair amount of trial and error I seem to have discovered this is as I was using a 'non fighter' (Dana White) as my character rather than an avatar (Scott Avatar). Have managed to get round this by creating Dana F'n White as an avatar, which seems to have done the trick!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="butch" data-cite="butch" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38855" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have been unable to get past the second day on every test run with UFC. It says 'Processing Game World - Japanese Area' and just sticks on it. Left it for an hour on one attempt and no movement. Did a test run with Bellator and it processed as normal. Anybody else having this issue?<p> </p><p> EDIT - using a fair amount of trial and error I seem to have discovered this is as I was using a 'non fighter' (Dana White) as my character rather than an avatar (Scott White). Have managed to get round this by creating Dana F'n White as an avatar, which seems to have done the trick!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That is a bug. Post in the tech support forum and keep a copy of your saved game in case adam needs to see it.</p>

Archived