Modern Warriors 1 (RELEASE)

Have you done any new test since the quality of regens been patch? I notice that the quality is set at its lowest in the mod but I am 10 years in on a watcher game and I haven't seen or notice any stand out regens.

That is in my list to check out, probably needs a bump. Would you want to email me the 10 year watcher game? I'd be interested in seeing it. Pm me if interested.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noticed one more thing there are guys in the UFC who have been fighting there a long time Silva, Diaz, Hendo (can't remember who else off the top of my head) who do not have UFC records so when they fight it says they are making there debut. Nothing major just thought i'd mention it. Great work on this mod, always my favourite with WMMA.

Noticed one more thing there are guys in the UFC who have been fighting there a long time Silva, Diaz, Hendo (can't remember who else off the top of my head) who do not have UFC records so when they fight it says they are making there debut. Nothing major just thought i'd mention it. Great work on this mod, always my favourite with WMMA.

Already fixed for the next update, but thanks.

Sorry i asked this before but didn't see an answer. Can we ourselves un-retire some of the fighters or is that something on the database side that needs to be changed?

In saved game, I don't think so. In the database itself, yes. go to Editor->Edit Database->characters then select the retired character you want to come out of retirement. Click edit and change the Status drop down box from Retired Fighter to Active Fighter. You can then add a fight camp or contract. When you start the game he'll be in the mod.

Decent sized update here.

https://www.mediafire.com/?g62lhfi09gdhtly

First off, the people have spoken. Despite the small sample size of the poll, i'm axing the body pics with the generic black background. My goal is to get as close to complete body pack coverage as possible so hopefully down the line this wont matter much.

Other fixes:

Free Pictures: Because of of about 1300 fewer large pictures the download size is much smaller. Time to fill it up again. I've added 120 free pictures. That means when using reality shows when you generate new fighters they will likely have face and body pics. Of the 120, 32 are women, 90 or so men, all with high res face and body pictures. Most of them are retired MMA fighters, but I've supplemented with some stock photos and pictures of some kick boxers, boxers, etc.

Errors: There were plenty of errors, and I think I've fixed everything highlighted in this thread. Feel free to keep pointing them out. The main error I haven't addressed yet is that some fight histories will have the correct data except the event the fight was held at. That was a bug with the database converted and it's too late to fix it with that now. I'm pretty sure I know where all the errors are though, so that should be fixed. Fight histories needed to be cleaned up anyway. There were also several fighters on the UFC roster that didn't have their UFC records, I updated those.

Fight Histories: I didn't get to the fights last weekend, but figured I would put what I had out before Christmas. I'll get to that next.

Regens: I haven't had a chance to test it, but the database should now no longer randomly spawn regens. Regens should only be popping up when fighters retire, or through reality shows. I've also bumped up the quality of regens a little and would like some feedback on that.

Broadcasters: Broadcasters are no longer exclusive, except for subscription services. Makes more sense this way.

Next things to work on are the same as last time, we'll see if I actually get to them. Happy Holidays.

Just a quick question, are the old, defunct companies left in the game on purpose? Like Bodogfights, Shark Fights, Sengoku etc. I know I can edit them myself and delete them, but this early into a game it's pointless since it'll get overwritten with every update the mod maker makes.

Just a quick question, are the old, defunct companies left in the game on purpose? Like Bodogfights, Shark Fights, Sengoku etc. I know I can edit them myself and delete them, but this early into a game it's pointless since it'll get overwritten with every update the mod maker makes.

I leave them for a few reasons, mostly to tie to their title belt, lineage and fight history. But also I've decided a regional promotion was closed and deleted them, only to pop back up. Plus for anyone that wants a closed protein randomly open in game it's easy to set that up.

Free Pictures: Because of of about 1300 fewer large pictures the download size is much smaller. Time to fill it up again. I've added 120 free pictures. That means when using reality shows when you generate new fighters they will likely have face and body pics. Of the 120, 32 are women, 90 or so men, all with high res face and body pictures. Most of them are retired MMA fighters, but I've supplemented with some stock photos and pictures of some kick boxers, boxers, etc.

I was hoping someone would do this, I've been looking around the net for pics that can be used but it proved difficult as i recognized most of the fighters i could find, so thanks for getting the ball rolling.... i think maybe we need a separate thread just for new fighter pictures

Just a heads up for the next update. As of January UFC will no longer be broadcasting on Rogers, they are moving all there programming to TSN in Canada.

Thanks. I don't know much about their broadcasts outside the ufc so that's helpful info.

That is in my list to check out, probably needs a bump. Would you want to email me the 10 year watcher game? I'd be interested in seeing it. Pm me if interested.

Just noticing this post. I since then restarted my 10 year sim because they were just too many overage fighters still on top (36-40) I guess it had to do with the lack of good regens/newgens. Another reason was that most of the companies went out of business so I restarted giving the LL regional companies a little more cash and changed the new fighter quality. I may start over with the your new update though because I am only a few years in. I will definitely give you the new save.

Archived