Training Injuries

Yeah, if it was actually at a realistic rate.

You must not follow a lot of MMA in real life.

Edit: Scrambling to replace injuries is one of the actually challenging things in the game and it's already been reduced. I'd rather see an option to turn off injuries completely for those people who don't want the realism. But the rate of injuries now is good in my opinion.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't had a problem to such an extent. I have had plenty of injuries, but only a couple of times in the span of two in game years I've lost a main event and in those instances I've managed to find a replacement. I usually book two high-profile fights of the same weight class for that purpose. Always doesn't work, but has saved me those few times I've had to scramble cards around.

I do believe an option to alter the amount of injuries altogether would be a good thing to have, though Marciano's suggestion of increasing resilience would work as well.

I like to have challenging elements to matchmaking, and thus I don't mind the injuries. One time I was close to getting pissed when I had 3 straight days where high-profile fights were cancelled, but that has only happened once in my total 8+ years of game time so far.

Back on topic, it would be really cool if people from your roster (or even free agents or from smaller companies) sent you an email to volunteer on short notice. It would add a touch of realism.

This is a great idea - one email with a list of people who would do this would be awesome

I hated this too but you do get used to it, and now some of the fun is trying to mix cards around and replace fighters.

And by the way, you can move fights up if you book in advance. Most of the time if an injury happens on pay per view B, you can move a fight on that card to pay per view A and have no issues. If you can't, just add it back to pay per view B. It does work on short notice, since the fighters have already begun training.

I hadn't even thought of that. Great idea.

I also think it's fun to juggle cards. The injuries in real life can be ridiculous as well. I rarely lose main events as there's always someone ready to take over (unless it happens a week before, which is just bad luck). This game also made me get why fighters only fight about twice a year.

Still, there's something to be said to make it optional, so the haters can enjoy the game too. WMMA3 had an 'arcade' mode where you could just book whatever you want and enjoy the fights. This one too, but it doesn't really feel as arcadey.

I don't mind the "realism" of the injuries occurring but the fact that 80% of them are major type injury out for 2 f'ing years is the ridiculous part. 3-6 months is understandable or only have the major ones happen every so often but when they are almost all major's it's pretty ridiculous.

Yes, please don't nerf these setting any further, adds a nice challenge and again I haven't had anywhere near the amount as the OP is stating.

I second the ability to turn them off for those that don't want to deal with them and a BIG +1 for the idea to get an email from fighters who will step n on short notice if that is possible.

I don't mind the "realism" of the injuries occurring but the fact that 80% of them are major type injury out for 2 f'ing years is the ridiculous part. 3-6 months is understandable or only have the major ones happen every so often but when they are almost all major's it's pretty ridiculous.

Thats a bit of a hyperbole man. Yes those injuries happen in game but to say almost all injuries are major and are out for 2 years is just unaccurate.

I also think it's fun to juggle cards. The injuries in real life can be ridiculous as well. I rarely lose main events as there's always someone ready to take over (unless it happens a week before, which is just bad luck). This game also made me get why fighters only fight about twice a year.

It's a shame we can't book someone against TBA like we used to, or we could always have a ready-made backup waiting on the next fight.

I think the current rate of injuries is just about perfect but it should be easier to find late replacements to step in, especially fighters who aren't highly ranked or well known and should be anxious to make a name for themselves even if it's only on a couple days notice.

I am playing as GAMMA. Hired most of the top Featherweights and held a reality show for the vacant new Featherweight title...

Not surprisingly Ziskie and Takeuchi make the finals and i book them.

A month prior to the card, Ziskie gets a TWO YEAR INJURY (Dominic Cruz anyone??)

***LOVE IT*** I will be upset if this is changed without a toggle after I spent my money and purchased this game. I've played WMMA2 and WMMA3 a lot, and I would say that the injuries make WMMA4 way more interesting.

Main Event wiped out and no title fight? Sure it's mildly annoying, but it's one card out of however many I will make that year. The penalty is pretty minor since it's so easy to gain popularity in this game. It's not like even UFC Is immune to having poor main events. Or even cancelled cards (UFC 151???)

And I don't know what that guy is talking about saying most of the injuries are major.. I've played several games up to a year and i've only seen 2 major injuries. I REALLY hope there's an ultra rare critical injury that forces retirement. That would be freaking sweet.

Ha I just wiki'd about 10 events that happened after the cancelled UFC 151.. all of them had at least 2 fights that were changed due to fighters pulling out for injury and personal reasons. some cards had up to 5 or 6!

While injuries are certainly annoying, I think the more annoying part is replacing the fight. An option to turn injuries off would be fine by me, but I'd prefer to see that it's easier to find a replacement fighter. Having the healthy fighter still on the card and still in camp would be a huge improvement for me.

Also back the email idea, if possible.

I too wish the healthy fighter would remain on the card v TBA. I have no problem with the injury rate though. I run ten fight cards and I lose about one fight per card. While I think that is actually less than what the UFC experiences, I think it balances the need for realism with the need to not be super frustating as this is a game. Or at least it does for me anyway.

What the polarizing reactions say to me is the need for a slider to determine injury frequency during training, or at least a few levels in the settings to mimic one.

In most cases I've found that I can bring an main event on the next card forward (in the last case when my Main Event went down within 10 days of the card), but for £700 I could bring a great ME forward a month and plugged a new ME in for 5.5 weeks time.

I kinda like it: it adds another layer to the game.

I've had tons of main events get cancelled on me, sometimes back to back to back.

Why not add a toggle to turn off training injuries for the people that want them off?

Realism is nice and all, but sometimes I just want ONE card to go off without having to change anything. :mad:

I've had tons of main events get cancelled on me, sometimes back to back to back.

Why not add a toggle to turn off training injuries for the people that want them off?

Realism is nice and all, but sometimes I just want ONE card to go off without having to change anything. :mad:

It would be nice to have something like that.

Having a hard time playing the way I want to play because of injuries effecting what I attempt to do. I am a tournament person and I have tried to work around it the way tournaments are done. I have attempted to book K-1 style tournaments to make up for one night tournaments since they are not in the game anymore. Finding it near impossible to do any tournament over 8 or more people due to injuries. Forget about trying to book a 16 or 32 man tournament. I can book 4 and 8, but 8 man tournaments still fall apart plenty of times.

Worst part is when I book a tournament for a year. For example "Alpha-1 2014 Heavyweight GP" and end up finishing it in 2015 due to constant injuries and waiting for guys to get ready.

I don't know why this is such a huge problem. the fix is simple. either make the injuries editable which is the best option. and or have a option to turn off the training injuries.

this game is really fun to play because you can customize just about everything and have fun. if something is ruining the fun there should be a option to turn it off regardless of whether or not its realistic.

An arcade style mode within the game with no injuries would be ideal as well. I would really like to run a tennis style tournament based save where some guys would fight 30-60 times a year.

If you're having experiences which others are not, then unlucky is a fair term for it.

I'm 25 shows in - at eight fights each, that's 200 fights and 400 fighters.

In that time, I have had to change one main event and have not seen a single major injury.

One you have two shows booked at once, it's actually very easy to cover an injury by just swapping people around.

Uhh considering there's been a number of people that don't have a problem with it in their games or actually like it, yeah? Quit being a baby. No one even attacked you.

Lmao you're a clown bro. I never said anyone attacked me. I'm just tired of the constant Adam Ryland ass kissing that goes n here.

Whenever someone has an issue with the game, there's a ton of guys that will defend Rylands games till death and I'm just sick of this message board. I don't really give a shit if I'm banned either.

Archived