Training Injuries

Look, I know injuries are apart of MMA, I know they happen frequently, but the rate at which they happen in this game where they consistently ruin your cards is just ludicrous.

It never fails, EVERY single card, there's always 1 or 2 fights that get cancelled because some BS injury pops up during training. I can see every once and awhile, these things happen, but it happens so frequently in this game that I'm THIS close to shelving it.

Then, with the way this game is structured, it's almost impossible to replace the fights on your card, because the injuries always seem to happen within 2 weeks of the damn event! This is absolutely infuriating.

3 events in a row, and Iv'e had to cancel 2 main events and a semi-main, 2 of which happened to be on the same card. This is ridiculous, if you're going to force our cards to be continuously ruined by these BS injuries, at least implement some logic into certain fighters that will take fights only weeks in advance.

And before anyone cries "realism" , don't tell me that if the UFC had 3 of it's high profile, main event fights cancelled back to back to back that their wouldn't be some sort of uproar from community and fans alike. This is really really making me hate this game.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look, I know injuries are apart of MMA, I know they happen frequently, but the rate at which they happen in this game where they consistently ruin your cards is just ludicrous.

It never fails, EVERY single card, there's always 1 or 2 fights that get cancelled because some BS injury pops up during training. I can see every once and awhile, these things happen, but it happens so frequently in this game that I'm THIS close to shelving it.

Then, with the way this game is structured, it's almost impossible to replace the fights on your card, because the injuries always seem to happen within 2 weeks of the damn event! This is absolutely infuriating.

3 events in a row, and Iv'e had to cancel 2 main events and a semi-main, 2 of which happened to be on the same card. This is ridiculous, if you're going to force our cards to be continuously ruined by these BS injuries, at least implement some logic into certain fighters that will take fights only weeks in advance.

And before anyone cries "realism" , don't tell me that if the UFC had 3 of it's high profile, main event fights cancelled back to back to back that their wouldn't be some sort of uproar from community and fans alike. This is really really making me hate this game.

I read this just as I'm about to buy the game. Hmmmmmmmmm

I had the same thing happen today. I had Thump and Alleyenne headlining my Glory 22 and Thump got injured so i had to move that fight to 24 after my ME for 24 got scrapped due to injury. i also had 4 fights on my undercards scratched over those 3 events. Ive learned to keep an extremely deep roster, but it's still a bit irritating to have to reschedule seemingly at least 1 fight a card.

I read this just as I'm about to buy the game. Hmmmmmmmmm

This is not me saying it's a bad game, because it's not at all, almost completed my first year.

But seriously, the training injuries to your fighters just mere weeks before your card happens entirely too frequently. I'm using the latest patch, and I dread advancing days because I just know I'm gonna end up losing 1 or 2 of my fights on the card.

It's a big enough issue that I'm really contemplating not playing anymore.

Seriously, must be bad luck. I am already 2 years into the game as GAMMA with a huge roster and running 16 shows a year and I have only had one, maybe two main events cancelled because of injuries. Most of the time I only get lower card fighters injured, at maybe one per show rate which is realistic. Only once did I have more than 2 injuries for one show.

Seriously, must be bad luck. I am already 2 years into the game as GAMMA with a huge roster and running 16 shows a year and I have only had one, maybe two main events cancelled because of injuries. Most of the time I only get lower card fighters injured, at maybe one per show rate which is realistic. Only once did I have more than 2 injuries for one show.

I literally just had 3 fights cancelled on one card in a span of 3 weeks leading up to the event. This happens more frequently that not, and I'm pretty much sick of it.

I can confirm this. I've gotten screwed so much. One week before my big Foster/Kapur fight, Kapur gets injured. Co-main event was already ruined. Left without a main event and got penalized. Why isn't there a slider for this?

Thank you! Or some sort of logic that allows certain fighters to jump into fights as replacements. This really ruins the game for me.

You've been a bit unlucky. I've had fifteen 8-fight shows, and while I've had to replace at least one fighter on pretty much every one, and have been reduced to seven matches a couple of times, I've not once had to change a main or co-main.

It annoyed me at first, but now I just see it as a challenge. As long as you don't lose your main event, it's not a big deal. The penalty for seven fights is minimal.

And just because I posted here Adam White, the only credible challenger left, gets injured five days from his fight with Matthew Dean. Oh Karma!

I agree, maybe have a mechanic in which guys volunteer to take fights after injuries, specially title bouts and/or high profile matches.

For the record, my only other two main events scrapped where Foster vs Kapur (Kapur injury, Foster beats Tim Boyer instead) and Foster vs Fezzik (Fezzik injury, Foster beats Lefter Oktay instead). BTW, Foster beat Fezzik by sub in the eventual match if you care. Kapur beat Foster and Hughes beat Kapur.

Back on topic, it would be really cool if people from your roster (or even free agents or from smaller companies) sent you an email to volunteer on short notice. It would add a touch of realism.

I've gotten to where I just keep auto-save off and I save before I advance anymore. That way I can avoid fight cancelling injuries to my main event at the very least. . Sure, call it cheating, but injuries just happen way to frequently for the game to stay enjoyable in the long run, in my opinion. .

Hmm, I have only lost three fights on 8 cards and on two of those I got replacements to step in as last minute subs for an inducement. I know it varies quite a bit, but I am very happy with the frequency.

Same.

Sound like a bad luck.

Maybe add an option to turn training injuries off. The rate of injuries was already reduced, so no need to reduce it even more because some don't like injuries at a realistic rate.

Same.

Sound like a bad luck.

Maybe add an option to turn training injuries off. The rate of injuries was already reduced, so no need to reduce it even more because some don't like injuries at a realistic rate.

Yeah, if it was actually at a realistic rate.

They DID have 3 high profile mains scrapped due to injury. There was a string of about four or so months where almost every event was gutted due to injuries, and one event got cancelled (not the Hendo/Jones one).

From what I remember, the fans weren't going "well, that's realistic."

Sir you are either the single most unlucky WMMA4 player I've ever encountered or something is seriously wrong. You are essentially saying you can't run a single reliable card with a proper main event. You have painted an extremely unrealistic picture of victimization of the injury bug. Now I'm not calling you a liar. I believe you. But something is probably seriously wrong. You should probably talk to Adam he might identify something. Perhaps you edited something that screwed something up. But if you're playing the patched game I don't see how your situation is even possible.

What you are describing is unplayable.

I haven't experienced anything even close to this. Now of course, when ever I have problems with a game there's always people who come in and say "I dont have that problem! It's you!" And it's always annoying to hear. But in this case the situation you are describing is so over the top as far as how bad injuries are affecting your game that something doesn't sound right. There's an issue in your game somewhere.

I hated this too but you do get used to it, and now some of the fun is trying to mix cards around and replace fighters.

And by the way, you can move fights up if you book in advance. Most of the time if an injury happens on pay per view B, you can move a fight on that card to pay per view A and have no issues. If you can't, just add it back to pay per view B. It does work on short notice, since the fighters have already begun training.

Archived