FivePacks

In this thread I will post small booster packs of fighters for the C-Verse database to utilise any new renders and many of my older ones that were not included in the game either as free pictures or new characters.

Unfortunately, I don't have the patience to be able to make a big booster pack in the vain of Asaemon. Instead, I will be posting smaller packs of five fighters at a time, which will hopefully give me a chance to target them to weight classes and regions that are short on fighters. Some will also be obviously based on real fighters (below you will see a couple clearly inspired by Semmy Schilt and Akebono), so the smaller packs will allow people to pick and choose whether they want them in their game.

My initial plan is for these fighters to debut at various times throughout the game (or to be already active), but I am up for suggestions.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/FivePack11.png

FivePack #1 - Super Strong, Super Heavy!

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/FivePack2.png

FivePack #2 - Crossing Over with Adam Ryland

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/FivePack3.png

FivePack #3 - Bantamweight Brigade

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/FivePack4.png

FivePack #4 - Even More Bantamweights

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/FivePack5.png

FivePack #5 - Bantamweights: Beyond Thunderdome

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/FivePack6.png

FivePack #6 - In a Rush(ian)

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/Banner600.png

FivePack #7 - Rush(ian) About... Again.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/fp8600.png

FivePack #8 - Blessing the Rains

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/fp9600.png

FivePack #9 - That uhh... other Toto song?

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/fp10600.png

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You could've made it SixPacks for kicks 'n giggles, but hey. :p

Nice concept indeed.

I thought about it after and immediately regretted not doing it, haha!

Previews of the fighters (please tell me if there are typos - I'm not sure if WMMA uses American or British spelling either):

FivePack #1

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/Booster%20Packs/ClarenceGibson-1.gif

Clarence GIBB

Jacksonville, Illinois - Slugging

From the old school of fighters, Gibb has been a staple on the North American regional circuit where he has developed a reputation as a gatekeeper for young heavyweights. A heavy hitter himself, Gibb has nevertheless developed an unfortunate habit of getting knocked out early by regularly accepting fights at short notice.

In his prime, Gibb was a surprisingly mobile heavyweight and appeared twice in GAMMA. Since then, his weight has fluctuated beyond three hundred pounds with his performance suffering as a result.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/061014mkf.gif

Patrick HERMAN

Leipzig, Germany - Street Fighting

A newcomer to MMA, Herman has two major advantages in his quest to become one of the sport's leading super heavyweights: superhuman strength and a determination to make a name for himself. His strength makes him a particularly heavy hitter and goes some way towards covering his questionable technique and developing ground game.

Despite his potential, Herman's involvement in certain European political movements might make potential employers uneasy. Further, rumours abound in German motorcycling circles that he had "assistance" reaching his current size.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/WMMA%20Renders/MontelJonesFace.gif

Stephen STANLEY

San Fransisco, California - All-Rounder

Steve Stanley's impressive speed and athleticism makes him a difficult match-up for the super heavyweight division's less mobile fighters. Although he could easily make heavyweight, Stanley prefers to fight at his walking weight of 283 pounds where he can best exploit his physical advantage.

Despite coming to MMA quite late, the American's determination has allowed him to improve quickly in order to make up for lost time. He needs to make up for that lost time quickly, though, because many other fighters hit harder and grapple better.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/Reborn/Tennosuke-1.gif

TENNOSUKE

Kobe, Japan - Sumo Wrestling

One of Japan's largest and most famous sumo wrestlers, Tennosuke entered MMA (and pro wrestling) seeking to capitalise on his name value in the twilight of his sumo career. The former yokozuna is clearly only in it for a big payday and seemingly underestimates how much work is required to avoid receiving a beating - even in the world's developing super heavyweight division.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/Booster%20Packs/CyranoSlijkerman-1.gif

Vincent VAN DER STOK

Gent, Belgium - Kick Boxing

The towering van der Stok is best known for his glittering kickboxing career, where he has consistently been one of the top heavyweights over the past decade. The "Thoroughbred" has taken advantage of his name value in the kickboxing world to book big money MMA fights in Japan and Europe.

Although he has put together a respectable record, his wins have primarily been against cans and "freakshow" fighters. Against quality opponents, his fearsome striking has been neutralised and his ground game exposed.

I have attached the first FivePack below. Included are a database file and a pictures file, which you should just be able to paste into the WMMA 4 directory and merge the files together. This can be a bit funky on the Mac, so you may need to copy and paste each file in individually.

After that, the fighters just need to be imported into your current save file or database. You must also copy and paste their pictures from the FivePacks 1 folder into the default Faces and Bodies folders to get those pictures working. I know it is a little fiddly, but I don't know of any other way to do it!

Let me know if it is unbalanced or there are any problems! I've not done this before.

FivePack #2 contains five "cross-over" fighters - those who have succeeded at other sports and have made the move to MMA. As always, let me know how they go!

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/FivePack2.png

FivePack #2 - Crossing Over with Adam Ryland

"The Pole-Axe"

Benedykt MAJEWSKI

Kielce, Poland - Kick Boxing

After winning his third straight kick boxing Grand Prix in December 2002, the Polish giant has been enveloped by hype since announcing his immediate hiatus from kick boxing to train to become an MMA fighter. His kick boxing style is cautious - he prefers to use his long reach to keep opponents at bay while landing heavy strikes from a distance. It remains to be seen whether that will change in MMA and how it will interact with his grappling game which is described by insiders as "improving".

Maarijo SOKK

Narva, Estonia - Brawling

Sokk is best known for his career as a strongman, where he regularly won international competitions around continental Europe. He began training for an MMA career in 2003 and is determined to make a mark in Europe's super heavyweight division. While not particularly talented, Sokk's underground connections will make many more talented MMA fighters baulk at the prospect of facing him - particularly in eastern Europe.

"Smack"

Sam WESTERMAN

Montgomery, Alabama - Greco-Roman Wrestling

The charismatic Sam "Smack" Westerman was one of Team USA's youngest athletes at the 2000 Olympics where he performed admirably in the Greco-Roman wrestling event. At just 23, he comes to MMA with a significant hype train behind him because of his supreme wrestling skills. While any MMA success will most probably depend on his grappling, he has power in both hands and an almost endless supply of energy. The future is bright for Westerman - provided he gets the right team behind him early.

"The Hungry Hungarian Hippo"

Péter GALAMBOS

Budapest, Hungary - Sambo

Despite his nickname, Péter Galambos is no joke. "The Hungry Hungarian Hippo" forged a successful sambo career that saw him compete regularly at the sport's world championships. In addition to his impressive grappling credentials, Galambos has cross-trained in boxing and jiu jitsu and therefore poses a threat to even the most well-rounded opponent. His weaknesses are his chin and his conditioning that, absent improvement, will render him vulnerable late in fights.

IRONHEAD (Kenji FUJITA)

Osaka, Japan - Wrestling

"IRONHEAD" Kenji Fujita has so-far juggled his MMA career with a professional wrestling career that includes stints with some of Japan's top wrestling companies. He has cultivated a strong Japanese following due to his distinctive look and aggressive fighting style. Further, IRONHEAD's iconic chin allows him to withstand tremendous punishment in pursuit of the knockout blow. Despite his strong wrestling pedigree, IRONHEAD prefers to stand and bang with some of MMA's most fearsome strikers which has led to serious questions about his long-term health.

FivePack #3 contains five fighters with new (!) renders who prefer to fight at 135.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/FivePack3.png

FivePack #3 - Bantamweight Brigade

Pedro ROCHA MARTINS

Sao Paolo, Brazil - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Pedro Rocha Martins is a highly rated BJJ practitioner but only transitioned to MMA in his late twenties. A master of the leglock, Martins won his first three fights by heel hook inside the first round. The veteran is a tenacious yet unskilled boxer, whose best chances at success will be on the mat.

"Lemon"

KANG Sung-ha

Seoul, South Korea - Muay Thai

A tall and flexible Muay Thai fighter, Kang is an awkward opponent at 135 pounds due to his height and long reach. Despite this, he lacks the power of many pure strikers in his division and offers no threat to (or defence against) wrestlers and more technically gifted strikers.

"The General"

Ashton JAMES

Salt Lake City, Utah - Freestyle Wrestling

Formerly a nationally ranked amateur wrestler, Ashton "The General" James delayed his MMA debut by a year in order to further develop his boxing skills. At nearly 24, the Utah native has developed a sound set of stand-up skills to complement his impressive grappling and top game. A community favourite, James pledges to donate 25 per cent of his earnings to his local church.

"Hell Child"

Terrence CHAN

Pearl City, Hawaii - Boxing

"Hell Child" Terrence Chan is a talented boxer who seeks to overwhelm opponents with strikes early. The aggressive American has fast hands and can inflict punishment on opponents before they know what is happening. Although he has cross-trained, Chan will still encounter troubles defending himself against good grapplers. He has developed a decent sprawl to neutralise his weaknesses on the mat but is unlikely to challenge the top echelon of fighters at 135.

"Flashy"

Richie FLAHERTY

Bristol, England - Boxing

Although the teenage Flaherty is at the start of his career, it is clear he has a lot of work to do. Despite possessing heavy hands, Flaherty has few strings to his bow and will struggle against experienced grapplers. The Bristol native undoubtedly has potential, however he has arguably been pushed into turning professional too early.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center"><p></p><div style="text-align:center"><p> <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/download/daykw6ob10a3yxu" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/FivePack4.png</span></a></p><p> <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/download/daykw6ob10a3yxu" rel="external nofollow"><span style="font-size:14px"><strong>FivePack #4 - Even </strong></span><span style="font-size:14px"><strong><em>More</em></strong></span><span style="font-size:14px"><strong> Bantamweights</strong></span></a></p><p> </p><p> <em>"The Inspector"</em></p><p> <strong>Jeremiah HOLMES</strong></p><p> Flint, Michigan | Wrestling | 9-4</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39110" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A decent wrestler, Holmes fought most of the early fights in his career as an undersized featherweight. With more opportunities - and more money - for bantamweight fighters, Holmes made the change to 135 where he has enjoyed more success. A scrappy fighter, Holmes is a capable all-rounder but is unlikely to rise to much more than a gatekeeper for talented young strikers and grapplers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center"><p> <strong>Andre OLIVEIRA</strong></p><p> Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil | Muay Thai | 0-0</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39110" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Born on the border of Argentina and Brazil, Oliveira is a strong Muay Thai fighter who packs both a decent punch and decent kick. Despite his ability inflict damage on opponents, Oliveira is no more than a medium-sized fish in a small pool of South American bantamweight fighters. Coupled with his almost non-existent grappling skills, Oliveira's Muay Thai background is unlikely to carry him far in the world of MMA.</div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:center"><p> <strong>MIN Sam-soo</strong></p><p> Seoul, South Korea | Judo | 5-0</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39110" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>South Korea's Min Sam-soo is a relentless grappler who looks to grind his way to victories against weaker opponents. The judoka has adopted the style out of necessity more than anything - he lacks the weapons to finish opponents and seems almost stunned when presented with the opportunity to do so. Unsurprisingly, all five of his career fights have been won by decision, and he seems unlikely to abandon his game plan anytime soon.</div></blockquote><div style="text-align:center"><p></p><p><em> "Critical Hit"</em></p><p> <strong>Felipe IKEHARA</strong></p><p> Salvador, Brazil | Savate | 0-0</p><p> </p></div><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39110" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"></blockquote><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39110" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The slender Brazilian fighter might not look like much, but his leg kicks are something to be feared. The shy youngster comes from a savate background, where he is known for his lightening quick hands and impressive reflexes. His real problem is his lack of body strength, which might see him struggle against more physical grapplers. He has, however, developed a decent takedown defence and his strikes will keep even the most confident grappler guessing.</div></blockquote><div style="text-align:center"><p></p><p><em> "The Motley Crewman"</em></p><p> <strong>Lloyd MOTTLEY</strong></p><p> London, England | Boxing | 0-0</p><p> </p></div><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39110" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"></blockquote><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39110" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Lloyd Mottley is a heavy hitter with an extensive background in amateur boxing throughout the British Isles. The charismatic Englishman is more than just a brawler and has shown promise in his jiu jitsu training. Despite his developing ground game, the diminutive Mottley's fists are his most potent weapons due to the impressive speed of his powerful punches.</div></blockquote></div><p></p>

<p>Good to go! Thanks!</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

EDIT:</p><p> </p><p>

I'd like to see some females, personally, but this 'five-pack' thing is fun regardless of who you put in it. It makes it a lot easier to track progress on five people and see how they do as a unit.</p>

Guest Asaemon
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Scottie" data-cite="Scottie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39110" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, does anyone have any requests for themes? I'm open to suggestions.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Flyweights would be awesome.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Asaemon" data-cite="Asaemon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39110" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Flyweights would be awesome.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I will second this. The Flyweights IMO is the weight class that is most lacking of fighters.</p>

<p>I'm not sure if the company AI is smarter then WMMA3's AI; I haven't really tested it, but in WMMA3 the AI was incapable of using fighters outside of their preferred weight class. So if you made a 135 fighter who could fight up to 155, the AI would never sign them to fight at anything other then 135. If that's the same for WMMA4 then making Flyweight fighters (preferred weight 125) means the AI would never use them unless you edited in Flyweight divisions.</p><p> </p><p>

With that in mind, I'd like to see more fighters at 135 (so the AI will use them) with the potential for 125 or even 115. That region really needs a boost.</p><p> </p><p>

SHW also needs a boost but I think SHW is over-used by the default database as is. So I'm on the fence with that. It couldn't hurt to have more quality fighters even if realistically the talent level should be really shallow.</p>

The mustachioed youngster is a particularly mediocre fighter with few outstanding strengths or weaknesses. As one of Canada's very few bantamweights, St. John is likely to perform well against local opponents - but against more experienced or talented fighters, the southpaw is likely to come up very short.

"The Southern Shogun"

Antonio BAIN

Atlanta, Georgia | Kyokushin Karate | 0-0 | Debut: January 2001

Talented southpaw Antonio Bain is a gifted practitioner of kyokushin karate with a decent grasp of the grappling arts too. Although he commands respect in the martial arts community, Bain is an abrasive figure who consistently looks to get under his opponent's skin. The youngster has most bases covered, but his tendency towards flamboyant kicks - particularly against less talented opponents - might get him into trouble.

"The Working Man's Thinker"

Michael MICHAELIDES

Tarpon Springs, Florida | Wrestling | 0-0 | Debut: January 2003

Greek-American Michaelides is a talented fighter who is capable of causing opponents trouble on the ground and on their feet. His strength is in his clinch game as he loves to push opponents up against the ropes or cage and punish them with his brutal dirty boxing. A master at cutting weight, Michaelides is physically bigger than most opponents and a difficult opponent to plan for. His most obvious weakness is an allegedly weak chin, although time will tell whether or not it holds him back from a successful MMA career.

"Norman"

Tom BATES

Portland, Oregon | MMA | 8-6 | Debut: July 1998

A veteran of the American regional scene, "Norman" Bates is an inconsistent fighter with no more than a decent set of hands. In his defence, his poor MMA record comes from fighting as an undersized lightweight and featherweight for most of his career. He has had a brief resurgence at 135 pounds, but he still lacks the weapons to be successful at a professional level.

"The Great Unifier"

Hideyoshi HONDA

Yokohama, Japan | MMA | 0-0 | Debut: January 2002

Named after a general famed for unifying Japan, Hideyoshi Honda is a fast-paced boxer who is capable of causing problems off his back. What "The Great Unifier" lacks in power he makes up for with technique and precision that can catch opponents off guard. However, his slender frame makes him an easy target for lay-and-pray tacticians with good submission defence. Clearly, young Honda would benefit from the emergence of a flyweight division being undersized already at 135.

Archived