What are you watching on WWE Network?

lukess11

started the attitude era raws coinciding with the PPV's. really liked the New Age Outlaws vs Terry Funk and Catus Jack feud.

I love watching old ECW PPV's, Heatwave of 98 (I believe) is a GREAT show.

At first I was watching a lot of WCW, but mainly for the cruiserweight, god WCW was awful though, I couldn't do it. Especially without Nitros past like 96, I can't just watch a PPV without buildup for a sports entertainment company.

The Beyond the Ring Section is probably my favorite, I love the documentaries. Wish they had more of the match compilation DVD's though. *crossing my fingers for the Brothers of Destruction DVD*

Currently working my way through NWA/WCW - started with Starrcade 83 and now at Clash X. This is my main watch through at the minute. I do still watch the odd other bit here and there.

I've also very recently started rewatching Tough Enough. Watched the first two episodes of season one so far.

Lately I've been watching those Legends of Wrestling round table thing. It's pretty great.

I've also been watching the Attitude Era RAWs in order and wow...they're kind of bad. All of the big name dudes are cool and bring their A-game, but everything in between is pretty rough. There are so many dirty finishes, like 80% of the matches have some kind of interference. Still, Austin makes it all worth watching.

Lately I've been watching those Legends of Wrestling round table thing. It's pretty great.

I've also been watching the Attitude Era RAWs in order and wow...they're kind of bad. All of the big name dudes are cool and bring their A-game, but everything in between is pretty rough. There are so many dirty finishes, like 80% of the matches have some kind of interference. Still, Austin makes it all worth watching.

Oh man, I forgot the Legends of Wrestling panels, I love them! Not a fan of Flair being on them though, he seems kinda full of himself. If you like shoots and stories, these are great!

and as for the RAWs I definitely agree. The top talent was killing it, while the midcard was having to do crazy, risque, or just odd things to get noticed. The midcard suffered badly in some aspects, but there are diamonds in the rough. (I'll always love the hardcore division, guilty pleasure)

Not a fan of Flair being on them though, he seems kinda full of himself.

I agree with you. You're being very generous by saying kind of. The guy is a complete ass in those. If it didn't involve him he doesn't even talk about it. Like if it didn't involve Ric Flair who cares. He also discredits the nWo which don't get me wrong it became tired and boring but so did the Horsemen at one time. Paul Roma being a Horsemen? The truth is the nWo were WAY more important to pro wrestling than the Horsemen. The nWo were the reason people started to tune it, they created the wrestling boom of the 90's, they are what beat Vince McMahon, and they drew more money than any other stable in history. Flair's Horsemen didn't accomplish any of those things. So for him to just completely ignore the nWo as some third rate knockoff was really just ignorant.

The Four Horsemen, along with Ric Flair, were instrumental in the success of Starrcade and Clash of the Champions. One could reasonably debate as to whether the nWo would have had a platform to exist if not for The Four Horsemen (I won't though, the nWo was far more important).

Flair doesn't like them because they bullied him and the rest of the locker room pretty much every day. They made everybody in WCW miserable, including themselves. Watch Flair's documentary, he explains it all there. They ran WCW and they manipulated Bischoff into doing whatever they wanted. Hogan probably booked Starrcade '97, and Flair was treated like a joke from the moment Bischoff took over. It got even worse for him when the nWo came in.

• 2 weeks later...

Last thing I watched on there were the first two In Your House events (from 1995), as well as several random Raws from 1994 and '95. I rarely venture too far past 1996... in anything, if I can help it. It's my comfort zone, and, for better or worse, the 'New Generation' was/still is probably my favorite WWF era.

:o

Been playing all the old school raws from the beginning and when it comes up on a PPV I watch the PPV. I'm up to Wrestlemania 9 right now and it was 50/50 if the show was bearable at times...I'm talking about RAW. The PPV's been great.

I've learned one thing though Rob Bartlet was not funny when I was 8 and he REALLY is not funny when I'm 28! I really can't stand him because he has no clue what is going on and it really comes off on camera.

Been playing all the old school raws from the beginning and when it comes up on a PPV I watch the PPV. I'm up to Wrestlemania 9 right now and it was 50/50 if the show was bearable at times...I'm talking about RAW. The PPV's been great.

I've learned one thing though Rob Bartlet was not funny when I was 8 and he REALLY is not funny when I'm 28! I really can't stand him because he has no clue what is going on and it really comes off on camera.

I have been doing this since launch and added WCW when Nitro started. I am at September 96.

Then can you tell me how long I have to put up with Rob Bartlet

He only stays for a few months. It does get funny when Savage and Vince turn on him in the middle of a taping block. You do have to deal with crappy announcers in WCW as well. ( Mongo and Schiavone.

He only stays for a few months. It does get funny when Savage and Vince turn on him in the middle of a taping block. You do have to deal with crappy announcers in WCW as well. ( Mongo and Schiavone.

Schiavone was great I agree with Mongo though

Schiavone was great I agree with Mongo though

At times, Schiavone could be so clueless. He called almost every PPV main event the biggest match in WCW history, even when the match meant absolutely nothing. Look at Uncensored 96, where he kept trying to put the Doomsday cage over, but it failed not only as a concept, but as a draw as the fans could barely see anything. Rhodes and Heenan were talking to each other while Schiavone tried to put the match over more then it ever should have, as a title was not on the line. He also ignored Savage in the build to and during that match.

At times, Schiavone could be so clueless. He called almost every PPV main event the biggest match in WCW history, even when the match meant absolutely nothing. Look at Uncensored 96, where he kept trying to put the Doomsday cage over, but it failed not only as a concept, but as a draw as the fans could barely see anything. Rhodes and Heenan were talking to each other while Schiavone tried to put the match over more then it ever should have, as a title was not on the line. He also ignored Savage in the build to and during that match.

That's his job though, put the match over, that's what he was paid to do

I agree Mongo was crap but when he got paired up with Heenan it was gold...That is what is making alot of these old school RAWs so bearable at the moment is Heenan and Macho Man.

There will never be another Bobby The Brain Heenan. Everything the man did was gold

I have a hard time sitting through stuff that's old. Even like.. a month old. I'll put it on but usually just to have something on to fall asleep to or something like that. Sometimes someone will bring up a great match in a podcast or something, so i'll put a PPV on to get to that specific match.

I also kind of went through every Wrestlemania, Summer Slam, and Royal Rumble when I first got the network, but I never finished that mission.

I really can care less about watching old stuff I've already seen. I mean I wish I did enjoy it more, as I'm not getting a ton of value for my dollar, but I just watch the new stuff. I watch all those garbage clip shows they put up. So if you're wondering who they make that crap for: it's me. I like the original content. I love the Beyodn the Ring docs, I wish they'd make original ones once a month or something rather than just putting old DVDs up there. And sweet sweet NXT of course.

Archived