DOTM: July 2015 Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken and The Final Countdown for the layout here.

2. You have 3 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

3. All non-Cornellverse diaries (both real world and fantasy) have been combined into a 'Mod' category.

4. You may substitute your C-Verse nomination for a 2nd Mod nomination, or vice versa.

5. You may also substitute either your C-Verse nomination or Mod nomination for a second Monthly Spotlight nomination.

6. Monthly Spotlight Nominations cannot be substituted.

7. Please place a link to the diary you are nominating.

8. In the Monthly Spotlight category, you will single out a specific aspect of a diary that particularly impressed you over the course of the month, be it a match, show, angle, storyline, development of a character, etc.

9. Non-Diary Threads are not eligible.

10. You may not nominate yourself

11. All nominations must include a reason

12. Nominations do NOT need a second. So, once a diary has been nominated PLEASE do NOT nominate it again!

13. No Rookie DOTM this month so everyone qualifies for Cornellverse/Mod DOTM as long as there is one show in the current month.

14. All nominations must be within the current forum (Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 Dynasties).

15. Monthly Spotlight: Minimum requirement of one show during the current month.

16. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self, Phantom Stranger, jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette, NoNeck, 20LEgend, michgcs and MJStark.

17. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

18. You may NOT nominate SWF: Generation Supreme by James Casey for Cornellverse DOTM

19. You may NOT nominate WWE 2009: Undisputed by Frootloop for Mod DOTM

20. You may NOT nominate WCW '94: War of the Thrones by Beejus for Monthly Spotlight DOTM

21. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

Mod DOTM Nominee's:

Cornellverse DOTM Nominee's:

Monthly Spotlight Nominee's:

Nominations will be open until August 1st 2015 (6 am Pacific Time)

For C-Verse Dynasty of the month I would like to nominate KnowYourEnemy's Unbreakable Will: Diamond Canvas Grappling. He is really doing a good job story telling in the eyes of his Road to Glory character and I find myself generally invested in this dynasty.

For Mod Dynasty of the month I would like to nominate The Nickman's WWF Attitude Era… Where YOU Decide. I think he really has a fantastic hook going on letting his predictors do the booking and him reacting to results.

Not sure about Spotlight yet but will post if something catches my eye.

I would like to actually make a couple of nominations myself.

For Mod DOTM: The Best Wrestling on the Planet (ROH) by Kijar

The reason for this is because I am enjoying the diary. It is a rare thing to see a good ROH diary. The returns of three former ROH World champions should make for some great storylines.

For Cornellverse DOTM: LAX Wrestling: The War for SoCal by Eisen-verse

What more can be said about E-V and his writings that hasn't already been said? His introduction of user made wrestlers into LAX was a really good move. His cards have been awesome and a really good read.

Angel,

I know this is Diary of the Month awards.

But, is there any way you could create a category for non-diary threads?

For what non-diary threads are you looking to make a category? There's not many in the Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 Dynasties section, which is what this covers.

Ok, I obviously don't get enough time to read all of the fantastic diaries out there, but I really love a good 1997-2000 Attitude Era diary, so I'd like to nominate TeflonBilly's WWF 1997:A New Attitude for Mod diary of the month.

For Cornellverse diary of the month I'd like to nominate Xendarii's APW: The Battle For Supremacy, as he obviously puts a LOT of work into it, and I also have a soft spot for the Australian Cornellverse promotions, having played a lot of time as APW and RAW before I turned my hand to writing.

Check them both out if you haven't had a chance yet.

I would like to actually make a couple of nominations myself.

For Mod DOTM: The Best Wrestling on the Planet (ROH) by Kijar

The reason for this is because I am enjoying the diary. It is a rare thing to see a good ROH diary. The returns of three former ROH World champions should make for some great storylines.

For Cornellverse DOTM: LAX Wrestling: The War for SoCal by Eisen-verse

What more can be said about E-V and his writings that hasn't already been said? His introduction of user made wrestlers into LAX was a really good move. His cards have been awesome and a really good read.

For what non-diary threads are you looking to make a category? There's not many in the Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 Dynasties section, which is what this covers.

Especially coming from you, this is an honor. Thank you :D

Ok, I obviously don't get enough time to read all of the fantastic diaries out there, but I really love a good 1997-2000 Attitude Era diary, so I'd like to nominate TeflonBilly's WWF 1997:A New Attitude for Mod diary of the month.

For Cornellverse diary of the month I'd like to nominate Xendarii's APW: The Battle For Supremacy, as he obviously puts a LOT of work into it, and I also have a soft spot for the Australian Cornellverse promotions, having played a lot of time as APW and RAW before I turned my hand to writing.

Thank you very much for your nomination, although I don't know if my dynasty should be allowed to participate as I've already interrupted it and won't continue with the currently existing thread. I think Angel has to decide on that. Nonetheless, even if your nomination doesn't pass, I'm incredibly glad that you liked my work so much. Hope to have you as a reader for the second incarnation of Battle For Supremacy as well. :)

My C-Verse nomination once again goes to NOTBPW vs CGC - The Invasion by The Lloyd. The quality of his shows doesn't drop in the slightest and he just caused a huge upset when he turned Poison heel. Still hate him for that one.

Thank you very much for the nomination.

ForMonthly Spotlight, I would like to nominate TNA Turning Point in TNA/ROH/NJPW 2009: Legacy Wars by The CoC. This PPV has a nice flow with a great ending.

For Mod of the month, I would like to nominate [1991, WWF] The Apocalypse Has Begun by angeldelayette. It's a well-written mod, and the ending of the first show must be seen (or read, in this case) to be believed.

I'd like to nominate Blodyxe's Rebooking Nitro's for Mod DOTM. Again. I feel it's one of the best diaries on the board. No hyperbole, it's always a lot of fun to read and the events that take place always keep the reader second guessing. Nothing is ever straight-forward or predictable and Blody is doing a fantastic job with what must have been a difficult time period to book at the start.

I have several nominations for Monthly Spotlight, so bear with me.

First: I would like to nominate No Mercy 2010 from Frootloop's WWE 2009: Undisputed diary. The PPV was a blast from start to finish and continues the precedent that Loop has set of posting great shows month in, month out. The HBK vs. Kofi Kingston match stood out to me, the story behind that match and then the match itself were all superbly written.

Second: I would like to nominate Slamboree 2000 from Blody's aforementioned Rebooking Nitro's diary. Both Part One and Part Two were full of surprises - some good, some bad, some heartbreaking. :( But I'm mostly nominating the show for this award because of the Chris Benoit vs. Sid Vicious vs. Bret Hart main event that has majorly shook up his WCW universe and leaves me wondering where he'll go next.

Third: I would like to nominate the Roaring Lion Tournament from KnowYourEnemy's Unbreakable Will: Diamond Canvas Grappling. The victor of this tournament was a surprise to me and this particular show stood out as one of the best I've read all month. I know very little of the C-Verse or the characters in KYE's promotion, but his attention to detail in the match write-ups make his diary very easy to understand and as I said before, this show was a pleasure to read.

I think that's all, and thank you for the nomination Blody :)

I believe we should be up-to-date...Thank you to TeflonBilly for the nomination of my WWF diary. :) The check's in the mail. LOL.

I'd like to nominate Blodyxe's Rebooking Nitro's for Mod DOTM. Again. I feel it's one of the best diaries on the board. No hyperbole, it's always a lot of fun to read and the events that take place always keep the reader second guessing. Nothing is ever straight-forward or predictable and Blody is doing a fantastic job with what must have been a difficult time period to book at the start.

I have several nominations for Monthly Spotlight, so bear with me.

First: I would like to nominate No Mercy 2010 from Frootloop's WWE 2009: Undisputed diary. The PPV was a blast from start to finish and continues the precedent that Loop has set of posting great shows month in, month out. The HBK vs. Kofi Kingston match stood out to me, the story behind that match and then the match itself were all superbly written.

Second: I would like to nominate Slamboree 2000 from Blody's aforementioned Rebooking Nitro's diary. Both Part One and Part Two were full of surprises - some good, some bad, some heartbreaking. :( But I'm mostly nominating the show for this award because of the Chris Benoit vs. Sid Vicious vs. Bret Hart main event that has majorly shook up his WCW universe and leaves me wondering where he'll go next.

Third: I would like to nominate the Roaring Lion Tournament from KnowYourEnemy's Unbreakable Will: Diamond Canvas Grappling. The victor of this tournament was a surprise to me and this particular show stood out as one of the best I've read all month. I know very little of the C-Verse or the characters in KYE's promotion, but his attention to detail in the match write-ups make his diary very easy to understand and as I said before, this show was a pleasure to read.

I think that's all, and thank you for the nomination Blody :)

As per the rules, you only get three nominations. So I just need to know which three you would like to have nominated.

As per the rules, you only get three nominations. So I just need to know which three you would like to have nominated.

Oops, I got carried away.

I'll go with the same DOTM nomination, but since I only have one nomination for Monthly Spotlight, I'll go with my first choice. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Lots of great nominees so far, so I'd like to show some love for TheBigBad1013's WCW: The Quest For Lost Glory(http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525192). Almost feel like this one is a sleeper amongst the boards, but it's a fun dynasty with a pretty fun Fall Brawl that was posted earlier this month.

Thanks for the nomination, man. Much appreciated! :)

This is a pleasant surprise. I was actually not a fan of how the Kofi/Michaels feud turned out and, as I was writing it, couldn't help but think 'this is my main event?'

Guess it just goes to show, you never know what's gonna get over. :p

ForMonthly Spotlight, I would like to nominate TNA Turning Point in TNA/ROH/NJPW 2009: Legacy Wars by The CoC. This PPV has a nice flow with a great ending.

For Mod of the month, I would like to nominate [1991, WWF] The Apocalypse Has Begun by angeldelayette. It's a well-written mod, and the ending of the first show must be seen (or read, in this case) to be believed.

Hey thanks for the nomination Teflon!! :D

Archived