How to get a job when starting out as a booker/non-owner...

I cannot get a job.

I started Jan 16, it's now Nov 17. I've just been simulating for almost 2 years with no job.

I've been able to offer 3 of 4 jobs over that period, and I never get them. Any hints as to how and get a job?

I started with average rep, but I really am getting a bit frustrated. I've never played this route before and would like to give it a shot...

I cannot get a job.

I started Jan 16, it's now Nov 17. I've just been simulating for almost 2 years with no job.

I've been able to offer 3 of 4 jobs over that period, and I never get them. Any hints as to how and get a job?

I started with average rep, but I really am getting a bit frustrated. I've never played this route before and would like to give it a shot...

It's tough to get a job while unemployed, but it's possible and may take some time, so you need to be patient.

I've tried it before and it took me a few years before I got a job (with lowest reputation). Only once was I extremely lucky and got a job within five months of in-game time.

Not much else you can do aside from applying over and over again.

It's tough to get a job while unemployed, but it's possible and may take some time, so you need to be patient.

I've tried it before and it took me a few years before I got a job (with lowest reputation). Only once was I extremely lucky and got a job within five months of in-game time.

Not much else you can do aside from applying over and over again.

Thanks!

Not a huge deal, sim until it prompts me and go from there. I don't mind waiting, and that's what I was guessing.

But yeah, brutal! :)

Getting a job comes down to your Reputation as a booker. The higher it is, the easier it will be for you to get a job. If you set it to lowest when you started the game then it's going to be extremely difficult to ever get a job as pretty much only Local sized companies would even consider you.

Getting a job comes down to your Reputation as a booker. The higher it is, the easier it will be for you to get a job. If you set it to lowest when you started the game then it's going to be extremely difficult to ever get a job as pretty much only Local sized companies would even consider you.

So do you suggestion bumping up reputation as a booker in the editor? Even just a bit?

I could be totally wrong here, but the reputation that DerekB is talking about I believe is the Lowest to Greatest booker reputation that is only available to the user, and is not adjustable in the in game editor. As far as I know there's only two ways to adjust that one. One use the Remote Assistance cheat code to max it out, or two add and new user character, remover your original user character, then add back your original user character with a higher rep level, and remove the other user character.

Archived