CornellVerse Website update

With TEW 2016 coming out I'm sure everybody is looking forward to the release of the game due to the vast number of new mechanics that have been announced. However, as excited as the mechanics have gotten me, the biggest thing, the biggest thing I'm looking forward to the update of CornellVerse. I love it's lore and history. One place where I learned a lot about the verse was the CornellVerse website (link).

However, there hasn't been any updates on the website for quite some time. So I was just thinking if we'd get any updates on the Verse with 2016. I'd love to see more updates.

I'd absolutely love this. I didn't discover TEW until '13 and shied away from the CVerse at first...I was intimidated by my lack of knowledge of the characters, history, promotions, etc. This site was hugely instrumental in my understanding and ultimately (almost exclusively) playing of the CVerse.

Because they are some sort of "New Generation Dave" with lots of allumni

and everybody loved DAVE,it was a cult phenomenom! :D

Death of Pro Wrestling, but whatever. :cool:

Also, you used "everybody" and "cult" in the same sentence. Way to go, Fabioman!

Because it is ROH with weapons....The promotion is a giant love letter to DAVE (which is not a bad thing) and I wish there was an American equivalent in real life.

That sounds pretty cool. I'm sure if this was a demand for such a thing in real life it would have happened. :o

<p>It must be hard to justify doing it from a dev's position. To spend time doing something that wont make a massive difference with so much other work on could seem like a waste.</p><p> </p><p>

With that said, I would love it. Reading the website was what got me into the game in 2010. The lore is brilliant and I wish there were more of it.</p>

It must be hard to justify doing it from a dev's position. To spend time doing something that wont make a massive difference with so much other work on could seem like a waste.

With that said, I would love it. Reading the website was what got me into the game in 2010. The lore is brilliant and I wish there were more of it.

Do you think it's possible Adam could outsource it to someone? He's got to have at least some notes from developing the changes between to the world between versions. Keep Adam free to work on the game itself, but still get the updates—which would definitely help immersion and make the CornellVerse easier to get a handle on for people newer to the series. Which, if the CornellVerse is likely designed in such a way as to take advantage of the changes, might help new players not feel so adrift when starting and thus get them hooked into the game in a way that might not otherwise happen.

Still, freelancers are rarely free, despite the name - and as an occasional freelancer, I'm all for that. But if a little money exists for it, might be a solid investment.

It would be cool to see Adam do another watcher diary like he did with the base game but do it with the 77 or 97 mod and give thoughts on the history that unfolds.

Adam did a watcher diary?I want the link in my table,and I also need a table:D

And,yes,an update to the site would be very welcome.

Adam had mentioned a lot of in-game help added into this version, built into the game. Though that was mainly to cover the small questions thread, it might be pretty cool to see some history references (text files etc) built into the game itself, where the website would normally provide the info. It would certainly help new players to the game.

I've often been put off from the C-Verse and it wasn't without a real mod that I got back into the series, but the website helped with my understanding of the C-Verse when I have tried it. The problem I found, was discovering this info in the first place.

Its for Adam to say whether updating the website is possible, but the ThunderVerse has certainly gotten popular with the seal of approval given. Perhaps maybe, if the C-Verse was more difficult to maintain, it could be outsourced that way(?).

I'd prefer some kind of organic database, out of the box though. Companies opening up ad hoc, wrestlers being generated to suit the database, so each new game I'd start would be totally unique. It might not have its own backstory, but it would be unique and create its own story as I played the game out.

Either way, I hope the website is updated or some info released in the game in some way. Otherwise, I think, I will probably just test drive a few features on the demo before playing more seriously when there's a mod updated with the new database changes. Currently I feel a bit alienated as to what the C-Verse is about, and so less inclined to play it. One reason I'd like an "organic" database to play from, is I wouldn't have to worry about the history of a particular 'verse' if it were a clean slate.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KnowYourEnemy" data-cite="KnowYourEnemy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41083" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There is a <a href="http://tew.wikia.com/wiki/CornellVerse" rel="external nofollow">Cornellverse Wiki</a> the community can update. I may do it sometime if I time. <p> </p><p> I secretly hope Adam will give the website over to either the community or a trusted forum member. If it was my choice, James Casey would probably be the guy to do it -- providing he had the time.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hah, I'd love to, but there are too many areas where my knowledge is lacking - even if Adam were inclined to hand over something like that!</p><p> </p><p> Something that could be interesting would be guest columns, though - a look at the lesser known lights of the CVerse provided by those who know them best. I don't think Adam has much time to read diaries to ID someone like Self for an article on Edd Stone, but that could be an option for him if he ever wanted to do outsource it.</p>

Honestly, I'd prefer if Adam himself was the man who came up with the ideas for columns and such, even if it was just handing them over to somebody to write. This is Adams verse and I doubt he'd be willing to give somebody else the freedom to make their own Canon for the verse. I'd just like if Adam could say whether he'd be interested in updating the website due to it being an amazing source to get into the lore of the verse.

Well, this is the thing. There's no point in someone writing a 10 page article on Rip Chord's return from retirement if Adam's decided he's kicked the bucket since 2013 (not a bad bet, really). If Adam wanted to say to half a dozen people "Here's some stories from the last 2/3 years, here's a list of significant worker movements, here's the starting roster of... ACPW with surprise arrivals Jerry and Eric Eisen" then that'd give some framework - but otherwise we may as well just stick to the diaries and see if anything's been added in to the CVerse from there; It's happened in the past, after all!

Archived