So, who is making/porting mods this year?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Already started making tweaks, fixes, requests etc for MA, '01 and TGA. Those 3 will be first to be released.

This makes me so happy. Using Bret properly, re-booking the Invasion, and trying to keep '01 WCW alive are pretty much my favorite real-world challenges to take on.

Already started making tweaks, fixes, requests etc for MA, '01 and TGA. Those 3 will be first to be released.

2001 WCW Lives is still my favorite TEW mod of all time. So I'm hoping that's the '01 you mean.

Thanks for doing awesome work, man.

As an ES fantastic there is no higher honour :p

Most of the team has been reassembled, few old faces missing, Fenoli looking at you. Might be recruiting for two more people to help test etc...

I have a post in mind I think will help with current day RW mods but will wait until the mod forum opens for 16 to post. As per usual all of my mods will be free to use as a base, scenario mods or whatever, hopefully we can continue to fill those gaps and have a mod for every year. Made a mission statement in TEW '10 that we achieve that and it's still the goal.

*raises hand with such enthusiasim, throws out shoulder* would be glad to help any of the great modders

2001 WCW Lives is still my favorite TEW mod of all time. So I'm hoping that's the '01 you mean.

Thanks for doing awesome work, man.

That is my all time favorite mod as well. Very challenging retaking the top spot, actually playing it right now lol/

Hello.

I'm new to the forum. I only discovered Tew 2013 last year and I've been a bit of a lurker since (thanks for the indirect help with my game, by the way). However, with TEW '16 right around the corner, and real world mods my main focus thus far, I felt I should ask how long it is estimated to be before new mods will be created or old mods converted? I have a January 1997, 2004 and 2016 game going on TEW 2013, though I haven't played them since learning '16 was coming, and I can't wait to get back into them on the new game. I'm also considering starting up a May 2001 game and some more historical mods (late 80's and early 90s, perhaps).

However, if it's quicker to just convert those mods myself, what additional changes need to be made, if that information is known at this point, to make all the new features work? If it's a lengthy, overly complex procedure, I'd rather wait for someone in the know to do it for sake of safety.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

However, with TEW '16 right around the corner, and real world mods my main focus thus far, I felt I should ask how long it is estimated to be before new mods will be created or old mods converted?

As a point of warning, you're probably not going to see any mods from the top tier creators until summer at the earliest. With the possible exception of C-Verse 97 and the Thunderverse, everyone's going to have to come to grips with the new features and how to best use them so there's going to be a ton of testing before anything is released.

Fleisch has said in another thread 'summer' for his mod because a straight conversion isn't likely to include many of the new features. So, tinkering and extensive testing is probably going to happen before any firm releases of complete mods. I'm sure quite a few mods from 2013 will be converted and released but the feature-rich ones will be much later.

I'm doing a new version of my Queens of Chaos mod but that's not going to be out until late fall, I'd guess. Gotta dissect the new game and see what's what before I even attempt to do that. The good thing is, the story is done (Tayla Martin has ascended to her rightful place as figurehead, etc) so once I get the new mechanics down, it's just a matter of plugging it all in.

Fleisch has said in another thread 'summer' for his mod because a straight conversion isn't likely to include many of the new features. So, tinkering and extensive testing is probably going to happen before any firm releases of complete mods. I'm sure quite a few mods from 2013 will be converted and released but the feature-rich ones will be much later.

Looks like I'll be branching out into the C-Verse for a while then, or I'll go back to my TEW 2013 games for a few months and start over when the mods are out.

Thanks.

I've had a small North American scene (US, Mexico, Canada) worth of workers sitting on pen & paper waiting to be put into the game for a mod since early 2013, so hopefully that'll happen in 2016, but I've wanted to make a mod since TEW 2008 and here we are.

Yes / Yes / No / No / No

As a point of warning, you're probably not going to see any mods from the top tier creators until summer at the earliest. With the possible exception of C-Verse 97 and the Thunderverse, everyone's going to have to come to grips with the new features and how to best use them so there's going to be a ton of testing before anything is released.

As far as who the 'top creators' are, a look through the 2013 mods forum might give an idea. Besides the greybeards (complete with the power of the voice!) like Genadi and Forlan, you have folks like Fleisch doing great work if all you care about are real world mods. Arguably the best mod for TEW13 (Thunderverse) is neither real world or Cornellverse.

Very disappointing, as I have no urge whatsoever to book fantasy wrestlers, I guess I will have to wait a while until the mods come out before I purchase it.. I would have thought the mods would have been released on the same day to increase sales..

Very disappointing, as I have no urge whatsoever to book fantasy wrestlers, I guess I will have to wait a while until the mods come out before I purchase it.. I would have thought the mods would have been released on the same day to increase sales..

For legal reasons the creators of the game are not allowed to develop content using anything from WWE, TNA and most other companies. So it's impossible to ship a real world mod with the game, and why the Cornellverse was created in the first place.

The game does come with a converter though, so any TEW13 mod can be converted straight over to TEW16 and while it won't be perfect (no mod is), it will still be playable. :)

For legal reasons the creators of the game are not allowed to develop content using anything from WWE, TNA and most other companies. So it's impossible to ship a real world mod with the game, and why the Cornellverse was created in the first place.

The game does come with a converter though, so any TEW13 mod can be converted straight over to TEW16 and while it won't be perfect (no mod is), it will still be playable. :)

Greetings Derek, yes I know that, but I figured that Adam would have sent advance copies to the few key modders, that way they would have been able to get started before the game went public.. I don't know about others, but more copies of the game are sold to play the mods that the fake database, or am I mistaken??

I hope to finish at least one mod at some point during TEW 2016's life cycle.

I know, that is in no way specific, and I know, it is not much, but I tend to feel overwhelmed and quit. Then, I'll try a different mod a few months later. Rinse and repeat.

What I want to know is what time period do people want? I don't want to step on anyone's toes and do, say, 1993, when Matt Shannon has contemplated it in the past. What hasn't been tackled yet that people want?

Greetings Derek, yes I know that, but I figured that Adam would have sent advance copies to the few key modders, that way they would have been able to get started before the game went public.. I don't know about others, but more copies of the game are sold to play the mods that the fake database, or am I mistaken??

It takes a long time to make a mod and only a handful of people on the development team have a copy of the game, so it's really not possible to have given out early copies to anyone else.

As for the last question, I have no idea. I know that I'm an exclusively Cornellverse player until I find a real world mod I especially like though. It's an awesome universe, well worth a play no matter how you like ot play the game. :)

It takes a long time to make a mod and only a handful of people on the development team have a copy of the game, so it's really not possible to have given out early copies to anyone else.

As for the last question, I have no idea. I know that I'm an exclusively Cornellverse player until I find a real world mod I especially like though. It's an awesome universe, well worth a play no matter how you like ot play the game. :)

If you haven't tried the default database, try it! I am not a fan of it but it is amazing and spectacular. Remember the game is built to work with that database directly!

In what's been a spectacularly shitty eighteen months, I'm needing a ray of sunshine... and right now, the closest thing I have is the TEW2016 release. It's as good a reason to cling to life as any, right?!

Anyway, I was playing around - a couple of years ago, when I was still trying to actually keep a dynasty going, *sniffle* - with a mod for WreSpi 3 based on the SNK/Capcom fighting game universes. The new features in 2016 are hella intriguing and I might resurrect the project for this game; what put me off in WreSpi 3 in the end, was a) the work involved in creating/balancing hundreds of moves from scratch, b) the relative lack of community interest.

One of the best things about TEW specifically (and hell, that's a long list) IS this incredible community, both on the side of dynasties and modding. To be honest I'm mostly excited to see what other people get up to, though; when this place is buzzing, it's gotta be one of the best forums out there. :D

I really hope that someone would do a 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 or 2010 Mod... in TEW '13 i found no mod for these years which is a shame. :/

2006: Mammoth has one in the works.

2007: There is a BETA by BestForTheBusiness.

2008: An Italian mod that has been passed through the forums repeatedly.

2009: Frootloop/Andylion has one.

2010: Mr. Canada mods from TEW 2010 (imports).

Archived