So, who is making/porting mods this year?

You know heading into the modern era a 2009 mod would be pretty interesting. Ring of Honor would have the likes of Tyler Black, Claudio Castagnoli and Austin Aries while TNA had AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Beer Money. WWE of course had CM Punk and Daniel Bryan just about to make their splashes.

The problem with the existing 2009 mods is of course that they were made back in 2009 and nobody knew the potential of a lot of these guys.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I created a mod based on various game/anime/sci-fi etc. franchises for EWR, all versions of TEW and CBH, but none of them I was happy with, mostly because I ended up taking a short cut and using someones work for a particular franchise and I ended up not releasing it because I didn't want to release something with someone elses data in it.

This time, rather than have bits here and there that don't match up etc., I'm going to be creating it from scratch and making sure it's all proper and level (as much as anyone can given the differences in some of the franchises) and that it's all made by me so I can actually release it. I don't know if anyone will be interested in it, but it's not going to be done in any time soon, obviously... so I guess I'm writing this as it will be amusing to point back to whenever the hell it is that I actually release it...

If I do. Which I hope I do, because although me and my friends have had the odd laugh here and there, it's a lot of work for just us...

For the past few years I have been modding a college basketball sim but with TEW 2016 I am planning to get into modding in this scene.

I am thinking about doing July 1998. Just prior to WCW screwing up Hogan Golberg, they've started to decline but could be saved at this point.

Greetings Derek, yes I know that, but I figured that Adam would have sent advance copies to the few key modders, that way they would have been able to get started before the game went public.. I don't know about others, but more copies of the game are sold to play the mods that the fake database, or am I mistaken??

I enjoy the occasional RW mod every now and again, but the game itself plays out better in my head using the CVerse. I have no preconceived notions about workers or companies. The world is truly unique and free to shape how it wants. When I play a RW mod, I'm constantly noticing things I disagree with. That has nothing to do with the mod creator either. I just have a hard time watching things happen that wouldn't or making things happen that wouldn't (or wouldn't in my head). That's why I stick to the CVerse. There is no road map and beyond the limited history we get, we can roam free. :)

I enjoy the occasional RW mod every now and again, but the game itself plays out better in my head using the CVerse. I have no preconceived notions about workers or companies. The world is truly unique and free to shape how it wants. When I play a RW mod, I'm constantly noticing things I disagree with. That has nothing to do with the mod creator either. I just have a hard time watching things happen that wouldn't or making things happen that wouldn't (or wouldn't in my head). That's why I stick to the CVerse. There is no road map and beyond the limited history we get, we can roam free. :)

I'm actually the opposite because I like to push my favourite guys in RW mods and I've never really got into the CVerse. Going to try on 16 though :)

I'm actually the opposite because I like to push my favourite guys in RW mods and I've never really got into the CVerse. Going to try on 16 though :)

I find the magic of TEW, quite apart from its wonderful depth, is the what if of it all. What if Bret, Owen, and Bulldog went to the WWF instead of the Outsiders? What if Austin had stayed with WCW? What if McMahon had tired of Michaels and fired him in '96? What if ROH had gotten serious money early on? What if Jerry Jarret's mind hadn't left him in the early 90s, and he'd booked TNA with a tenth of the competance he'd managed Memphis? What if the Super J Cup series had continued past the first couple of years?

I much prefer real world characters, they engage the brain far more than imaginary characters...

Anyone will be making a up to day may 2016 Real World. I really wish to play WWE when the game comes out.

I should imagine the answer to that is no. Someone would have to convert the mod, update the titles, update the rosters of 40+ promotions (usually a minimal number for a real world mod), ensure it is balanced and make it compatible with the new features. They would have work solidly from the time the demo is released to the time the full game comes out, and most of us have jobs and social lives to lead when not modding, so I think your chances of getting a May mod when the full game is out on 2nd May is pretty much a wish on par with me dating Taya Valkyrie and winning the National Lottery.

I can confirm however, a more reasonable time framed July/August update will be almost 100% certain for RWC.

I've been making a C-Verse 2007 mod in 2013 for my 2016 diary. Of course, there will be more editing to do once the demo comes out with the new features in the game. I don't really think I'll release it though as the same database was released recently in the 2013 mods thread and I don't see much reason to have 2 mods of the same timeframe on the boards.

Any projects in the air?

I'm a bit of a lapsed fan of the series, what I liked in the old days was the variety of mods there were available.

Anything in the works? Who are the top creators now?

Are Genadi / Forlan / Phil Parent / Cherrybabe / Kyky etc etc etc still around?

Genadi is probably the most legendary modder, going back to his CarlitoCool username days with the first two versions of Montreal Aftermath. Love his work, especially his 1999 mod for TEW 2010.

That being said, my personal favorite real-world modder is Hive; his War of the Worlds mod is nothing short of phenomenal and I cannot wait for the port. Also, I don't think I ever clocked any time with the default TEW 2013 database; I am Derek B's CVerse '97 mod all the way and will probably convert that up when I download the demo tonight.

Yeah, I figured you were spending more time on the golf course than with the editor. :p Didn't know MIKO = Cherrybabe though.

I'm still around. I'm currently working on a top to bottom overhaul of my joshi puroresu mod. I'm surprised anyone remembers, really.:)

Backstory! I've never used Cherrybabe on here, it was a website I ran when I was translating joshi puroresu results, posting news, profiles, picture galleries, etc.

That being said, my personal favorite real-world modder is Hive; his War of the Worlds mod is nothing short of phenomenal and I cannot wait for the port.

Thank you for the kind words. :)

I have (slowly) begun on the conversion already - but there are so many new features this time around that it will take a while to do it properly. And I'd rather do it properly than fast.

I will be releasing mods for 2016, but as Hive mentioned, lots of new features and lots to adjust to.

Additionally, in light of what happened today with the patch requiring a re-conversion, I'm going to hold off on converting and working on it until the public beta closes.

Archived