Official "Booking Committee" Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Poputt" data-cite="Poputt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>AJ winning the NWA World title makes no sense if you're trying to do a "tradition of the NWA" thing, that title should go to someone with good fundamentals who can put on a long, old school-looking performance, like Rusev, Luke Harper, Sheamus, or Karl Anderson. It's an easy title to build because you just book it in long grueling matches over and over where the champ keeps winning clean or the challenger gets cheated or draws. I'd give the tag titles to either Smith and Archer or a new team with two similarly over members. If they win the titles then you can just take them out of the SD race. In reality, this would put the "new" title over as being legitimate, especially if they hold it for at least a few months and keep their streak going. Too bad The Revival sucks in RWC or else I'd definitely put them in the race for those. And the best way to keep the legacy of the NWA belts alive is to make heels win all of their titles and have long reigns with them, with the titles on the line in every match.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I only picked AJ Styles given he's a 3 time champion from his TNA days, so he's part of the title's lineage. Karl Anderson is great suggestion - he's 91 pop and just dropped the tag titles back to The New Day, but he is part of RAW and I literally just did a completely random draft lottery to shuffle things up. Originally I was thinking he could challenge Finn Balor when he regains the Universal title so he gets a singles main event push. I could move him to SD via trade but I don't want to break up Anderson & Gallows as they're my top RAW heel tag team, plus Bullet Club exists on both brands - I can't see the GM's trading Bullet Club members to strengthen their presence on one brand.</p><p> </p><p> I'm not really looking to do it in the tradition of NWA, but rather keep the lineage alive since NWA is completely dead in my game. I do see as a ring general title in my game, so there will be legitimate contenders, I just want to bring the titles back in storyline, which is where I'm stuck.</p>

<p>Celebs, Comedians, Bands ect.</p><p> </p><p>

Trying to come up with ideas for a local to global series. The idea would be to have a few special events based on things like Comic-Con, Music Festivals ect. How would you use the editor to make this idea effective. Maybe as an example instead of making a worker called "Metallica" maybe just make Kurt Hammett (the frontman). Would you just have them as a freelance personality?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="c-bu" data-cite="c-bu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not really looking to do it in the tradition of NWA, but rather keep the lineage alive since NWA is completely dead in my game. I do see as a ring general title in my game, so there will be legitimate contenders, I just want to bring the titles back in storyline, which is where I'm stuck.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh! I thought with the Jim Cornette thing that was the route you were going down. Not as sure then.</p>

As someone who has not played a great deal of C-Verse saves (three in all my time of playing TEW since the 2008 version), I'm not familiar with it all. As TCW, I want to start a Women's division down the line, so if there's any hardcore C-Verse gamers in here, who are some of the best female workers in the game, that would be a realistic target for TCW?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Poputt" data-cite="Poputt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Oh! I thought with the Jim Cornette thing that was the route you were going down. Not as sure then.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ahhh fair enough. Thought of Jim Cornette because he tried to get NWA exposure through WWE back in the 90's... if anyone wanted to keep the lineage of the NWA titles alive, I thought it would be him.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As someone who has not played a great deal of C-Verse saves (three in all my time of playing TEW since the 2008 version), I'm not familiar with it all. As TCW, I want to start a Women's division down the line, so if there's any hardcore C-Verse gamers in here, who are some of the best female workers in the game, that would be a realistic target for TCW?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> sara marie york. hands down one of the best overall women in the game and she is only on pay per apperence contracts. she is great on the mic and her skills are as good as some of the top men in the game. also jamie quine and suzanne brazzle (although older), nadia snow and tracy brendon who is good on the mic and an old vet who can improve the other ladies stats.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As someone who has not played a great deal of C-Verse saves (three in all my time of playing TEW since the 2008 version), I'm not familiar with it all. As TCW, I want to start a Women's division down the line, so if there's any hardcore C-Verse gamers in here, who are some of the best female workers in the game, that would be a realistic target for TCW?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="havok" data-cite="havok" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sara Marie York. Hands down one of the best overall women in the game and she is only on pay per appearance contracts. she is great on the mic and her skills are as good as some of the top men in the game. also Jamie quine and Suzanne Brazzle (although older), Nadia Snow and Tracy Brendon who is good on the mic and an old vet who can improve the other ladies stats.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Joanne Rodriguez shouldn't be overlooked and the likes of Purple Viper, Fuyuko Higa and Danielle Sweetheart are also suitable choices.</p><p> </p><p> However to get the likes of Sara and Joanne you will have to sign them within the first month otherwise USPW might try to sign them.</p>

<p>Hey guys, looking for some advice. </p><p> </p><p>

In my current 21CW game I'm building up to having Wade Orsen turn heel, I've already brought in Marbella who will be his manager while he is heel. I'm going to have him beat down Seb Kollor to turn heel then he will likely beat Seb for the UK Title to cement the turn. </p><p> </p><p>

Question, should he lose the currently planned 4 way match and have this be the catalyst for the turn then introduce Marbella after this. </p><p> </p><p>

Or </p><p> </p><p>

Seb and Wade form a makeshift team based on respect after the 4 way, Marbella comes in as Wades girlfriend and starts causing a rift, telling wade he's better than Seb and should be the UK champ not Seb, Wade finally snaps after they challenge for and fail to win the tag titles. </p><p> </p><p>

Currently option two seems like it has more substance and a better story but they currently have negative chemistry as a team, the ding doesn't seem to be too bad as they still pulled out a solid C grade in a match featuring the 2 heels from the 4 way, so do you think it's worth ignoring this for the greater narrative? </p><p> </p><p>

Cheers in advance.</p>

<p>@Macca,</p><p> </p><p>

I would go with a mixture of the two if possible. If you have time introduce the relationship with Marbella before the Fatal-4-Way if possible. Then assuming you are having Seb win the match. Have the storyline like Wade hits his finisher on someone and looks to have the match sealed. But Seb tosses Wade out of the ring and picks up the pin. (If Seb isnt winning either, let Seb cost them both the victory. I.e. Wade delivers his finisher on someone but before he can go for the cover Seb pulls him to the outside where they brawl and the other opponent wins.) </p><p> </p><p>

Essentially he can believe he just got unlucky but Marbella can push it and not let it go. Similar to scenario 2. It removea the tag-team aspect of it, because they dont need to team together just some indirect promos before the turn. </p><p> </p><p>

Also if Marbella is around before the Fatal-4-Way have Seb bump her or accidently run into her causing Wade to go look after her as someone wins. He can think he is being rightous and defending her honor. But she pushes him to take it too far. </p><p> </p><p>

This option allows him to play an overprotective boyfriend who gets worked up by his girlfriend. In a sense he will be a heel, doing heel things. But from the outside it looks more like she is pulling the strings. (This allows for a face turn split much later down the line if wanted.)</p>

<p>Obvious choices would be Cody Rhodes, John Hennigan, Nick Aldis, Carlito Colon, Chris Masters, Chris Hero... Although some of them are on the expensive side, PPA wise... </p><p>

I've signed all of them in my own fed save, at regional, from the August DB, which I'm still playing.</p>

I'm starting a new save with the Fleisch December mod with a custom company starting at Cult, and was wondering who should I get?

It's gonna be a competition to WWE soon and the product is more towards performance although it might change, other than that a pretty traditional product.

I would look towards ROH, PWG, NJPW, Evolve and see if there are guys who interest you and you can use.

I'm starting a new save with the Fleisch December mod with a custom company starting at Cult, and was wondering who should I get?

It's gonna be a competition to WWE soon and the product is more towards performance although it might change, other than that a pretty traditional product.

I pretty much did this with ROH and my main talent pool is:

Cody Rhodes

Adam Cole

Christopher Daniels

Will Ospreay

Zack Sabre Jr

Ricochet

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DatIsraeliGuy" data-cite="DatIsraeliGuy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm starting a new save with the Fleisch December mod with a custom company starting at Cult, and was wondering who should I get?<p> It's gonna be a competition to WWE soon and the product is more towards performance although it might change, other than that a pretty traditional product.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you're going for performance, scout the Japanese rosters.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CelticCandian" data-cite="CelticCandian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Playing with RWC September <p> </p><p> I need some tag teams for 205 live, any suggestions?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you're booking it as a serious show then Gargano & Ciampa could fit in perfectly.</p>

Playing with RWC September

I need some tag teams for 205 live, any suggestions?

I'm in August 2017 and looking to launch the same in September 2018, some of the teams I have prepared for the launch of 205 Live in 2018:

Young Bucks

Raponggi Vice

Ariya & Shawn Daivari

Gargano & Ciampa

Bollywood Boyz

Ricochet & Will Ospreay (or Rich Swann)

TJ Perkins & Shiima Xion (called them The Fil-Am Express)

Angel de Oro & Angel de Plata

Motor City Machine Guns

reDRagon

Briscoes (depending on the mod, they're both lightweight)

Psicosis & Super Crazy (i have issues keeping Juventud Guerrera clean)

Tyson Kidd & Teddy Hart

Some of these guys are on my main roster, but I'm planning on using 205 Live as a mixture of RAW and Smackdown and development guys, with a joint WWE World Cruiserweight title (it will be an alliance title, currently have a title for each brand) and will add Cruiserweight Tag Team titles once the show launches. Essentially I've already planned a whole game year ahead. By the time I launch, the pop of guys in development will be higher.

PS my game is an August mod so it was before the launch of the current Cruiserweight division.

In my WCW game that started in 1987 and is currently in 1990, I've split up the Four Horsmen. Flair and Arn on one side, Tully and Bobby Eaton on the other. I've decided, that while Arn and Flair are off doing their own thing of being amazing, Tully and Eaton are going to form The New Horsemen. The idea of this is to be an obvious knock-off/pale imitation group, so I don't want anybody that's too good or too popular. I'm not sure who to include as the other two members. My leading options currently are:

Larry Zybyzsko- I haven't been able to play much in the past few weeks, and I'm typing this at work so I can't look at my save file but I might have just turned him face. If not, he's a leading candidate and the embodiment of "Good-But-Not-Good-Enough"

Kendall Windham - Competent, but a long-time jobber, though it'd make a nice symmetry to former Horseman Barry Windham.

Don Muraco - Formerly one of the top heels in the company, his popularity, and his abilities, have been gradually declining over the years. Formerly a big part of Ted DeBiase's Million Dollar Mercenaries, he's been fading into the background since that stable dissolved about a year ago.

Manny Ferndandez - A staple of the midcard since the beginning of my game. Teamed with Don Muraco for a time, and served in the Million Dollar Mercenaries along side him.

Scotty The Body - A recent graduate of WCW's developmental program, he's overall talented, but hasn't really found any success or popularity.

Flapjack Norton - In a similar situation as Scotty The Body.

Sid Vicious - Another recent developmental graduate. He's not a good worker, his promos are kind of rambly and incoherent, the fans dead silent during his handful of matches, but just look at 'im!

Stan Lane - After the Midnight Express broke up and Bobby Eaton joined the Horsemen, Stan Lane has been a midcard babyface that hasn't had too much success. This might be a good opportunity for a Midnight Express reunion.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FankuKaibutsu" data-cite="FankuKaibutsu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In my WCW game that started in 1987 and is currently in 1990, I've split up the Four Horsmen. Flair and Arn on one side, Tully and Bobby Eaton on the other. I've decided, that while Arn and Flair are off doing their own thing of being amazing, Tully and Eaton are going to form The New Horsemen. The idea of this is to be an obvious knock-off/pale imitation group, so I don't want anybody that's too good or too popular. I'm not sure who to include as the other two members. My leading options currently are:<p> </p><p> Larry Zybyzsko- I haven't been able to play much in the past few weeks, and I'm typing this at work so I can't look at my save file but I might have just turned him face. If not, he's a leading candidate and the embodiment of "Good-But-Not-Good-Enough"</p><p> </p><p> Kendall Windham - Competent, but a long-time jobber, though it'd make a nice symmetry to former Horseman Barry Windham.</p><p> </p><p> Don Muraco - Formerly one of the top heels in the company, his popularity, and his abilities, have been gradually declining over the years. Formerly a big part of Ted DeBiase's Million Dollar Mercenaries, he's been fading into the background since that stable dissolved about a year ago.</p><p> </p><p> Manny Ferndandez - A staple of the midcard since the beginning of my game. Teamed with Don Muraco for a time, and served in the Million Dollar Mercenaries along side him.</p><p> </p><p> Scotty The Body - A recent graduate of WCW's developmental program, he's overall talented, but hasn't really found any success or popularity.</p><p> </p><p> Flapjack Norton - In a similar situation as Scotty The Body.</p><p> </p><p> Sid Vicious - Another recent developmental graduate. He's not a good worker, his promos are kind of rambly and incoherent, the fans dead silent during his handful of matches, but just look at 'im!</p><p> </p><p> Stan Lane - After the Midnight Express broke up and Bobby Eaton joined the Horsemen, Stan Lane has been a midcard babyface that hasn't had too much success. This might be a good opportunity for a Midnight Express reunion.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Some good ideas here. Especially like Kendall Windham for this. But two questions pop to mind given the time frame. First off, what is the state of the AWA in your save? If they've suffered the fate they did in reality, then a name that screams out to me is Greg Gagne. Guy could join your company thinking he's going to get the same love he got in Daddy's company, learn otherwise and turn on the crowd by joining Tully. Greg's a classic example of better than what people think but not as good as he was pushed and thus a natural fit for what you're doing.</p><p> </p><p> Another that could fit is Scott Putski. Another second gen guy who could never live up to Daddy but was decent in his own right. Terrific Adonis look that could make him like a Lex Luger of the New (not quite) Horsemen. With more on the ball in the ring than Luger offered. Get em both and they could be the tag team of this stable in the vein that Arn and Tully were the original Horsemen.</p><p> </p><p> Only downside I could see with these guys is that neither one had much historic opportunity to play heel so their scores in that skill might be low or non-existant. But if the modder took the attitude that left them at average heel skill because who really knows, Greg and Scott could grow into the role with skilled heels like Blanchard and Eaton to guide them along.</p>

<p>I like the Greg Gagne idea. the AWA has been dead for a while in this save, so he's probably unemployed, or on a PPA deal with CWA or USWA or something.</p><p> </p><p>

Y'know, you disparaged Lex Luger, but in this game, he's actually developed into one of the better overall workers in my company. He's a solid, respectable #3 guy behind Flair and Sting. The only guys with a higher Brawl stat are guys like Terry Funk and Stan Hansen. He's also fat in my game, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FankuKaibutsu" data-cite="FankuKaibutsu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Y'know, you disparaged Lex Luger, but in this game, he's actually developed into one of the better overall workers in my company. He's a solid, respectable #3 guy behind Flair and Sting. The only guys with a higher Brawl stat are guys like Terry Funk and Stan Hansen. He's also fat in my game, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, I was basing my disparagement on reality. Glad to hear you manage to make something solid out of him.</p>

<p>About, on the 1987-1990 gam I'm playing Lex Luger has developed into almot an identicle Hulk Hogan , 1 or to 2 stats in SQ/charisma and mic skills less than Hogan but not far off at all, another company could easily make Lugermania and have him be figurehead. His top row stats are similar to Hogan, nothing special but his charisma, SQ etc is amazing, performance stats are very very good. He' on tour with NJPW at the moment. </p><p> </p><p>

I thought about snapping him up, but I don't need him, I have a inbuilt thing about Luger due to how rubbish he was irl so I wouldn't use him to his full use, especially not currently... I'd only be using him so others couldn't have him... which is a bit crappy.</p><p> </p><p>

I may use him for 6 month build against my top champion in a couple years for a Mania.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

About your New Horseman... What about Lanny Poffo if hes available. can play heel, hes ok in the ring, second gen. </p><p> </p><p>

Haku, he's a bad ass but never got a huge push,average in ring, plays heel could be the enforcer of the group.</p>

<p>Haku is too good for this group, and Lanny Poffo is on a written WWF contract.</p><p> </p><p>

With how his stats are built in The Golden Age mod, there's no reason Luger couldn't be huge star in a pop>perf company like WWF. I think I've been fortunate with how much he's grown in my game, both in terms of his ring work and mic skills. It may have to do with a combination of a high destiny roll(maybe? No idea), being early in his career so he's a fast learner(I think. Not 100% this is a thing), and constantly working with the best in the business-Flair, Anderson, DeBiase, Funk, and so on. Even becoming flabby has only hurt his SQ by 4-5 points.</p>