Official "Booking Committee" Thread

I am going to do a SWF playthrough where I play as Jerry Eisen and basically try to transistion the SWF into a ruthless aggression type of era, slowly phasing out the older stars and bringing in fresh young talent but I am looking for rules to make it interesting sooo, can anyone come up with some?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MattL1222" data-cite="MattL1222" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am going to do a SWF playthrough where I play as Jerry Eisen and basically try to transistion the SWF into a ruthless aggression type of era, slowly phasing out the older stars and bringing in fresh young talent but I am looking for rules to make it interesting sooo, can anyone come up with some?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My current SWF save thats about 3 years in game time was more or less this. I have a big group of guys that start with little no popularity all in my main event scene. Hellion is killing it for me.</p>

How to end the nWo Storyline

The nWo was what really sent WCW into the stratosphere, but it also greatly contributed into the demise of the WCW. I'm playing as WCW in 1998(UC is Eric Bischoff) and I'm trying to create a nice ending or the nWo before things get out of hand.

One thing that's set in stone(God permitting) is that the main event for Starrcade '98 will be Goldberg vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan for Big Gold(Hogan heading in as Champ). Goldbergs wins and replaces Hogan as the figurehead for WCW.

Current ideas:

Goldberg destroys the nWo

Goldberg goes over clean at Starrcade '98. This leaves the nWo in shambles. They've been trying to stop this monster for months and they just can't. Ashamed, Hogan goes into hiding for a few months, the rest of the nWo move on and do their own things(I might just release some of the lower members). New gimmicks, some turns. Goldberg reigns supreme atop the WCW.

Do things just go back to normal, classic WCW? Just some classic wrasslin, heels, babyfaces, tournaments, so on and so forth.

Or...

Does the nWo stay together and turn babyface? In this angle, the nWo would cool things down after Starrcade '98 and realize the error of their ways after some time. This babyface nWo would be led by Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. I could maybe even rename it nWo Wolfpac and bring in the black and red(but no Sting in the Wolfpac. I don't want him to ever wear an nWo shirt).

From here, there's the possibility of bringing Hogan back in, but remaining a heel. He returns, expecting to come back and take over the nWo, just like old times, but Nash and Hall refuse, and they feud, with maybe someone joining Hogan(not sure on that.)

Or...

nWo is completely disbanded after Starrcade '98. No more nWo theme, no shirts, no two sweeting. It's gone it's done...until they need to reform years down the line to take down the monster...Goldberg. Another big question I'm faced with is, how do you end Goldberg's streak? I don't want to go down the cattle prod route, that's for sure.

One thing I'm a big fan of is what Harvey Dent said, "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." In this angle, Goldberg becomes the villain. He's big, he's bad, he's scary, and not a single person can do a thing to stop him....

Until the fans beg for the reformation of the nWo. So Hall, Nash, and Hogan bring the band back together for one night only and take down the monster Goldberg.

I love that last idea, the only problem is that it'll take years to get the pay off, and the nWo isn't exactly made up of young, clean living, healthy men.

So with something like the nWo, there are a couple of factors I would consider....

1. Do I care about what's "realistic" at all?

2. Do I want the best narrative, or am I focusing more on what is the most fun to book....?

If you want any connection to realism, I would say that resetting the product to a previous era is highly unlikely. Pro wrestling had evolved by the later 90s. While going back to what WCW was in 1989-1991 would work in TEW, it wouldn't realistically have worked in "reality".

As for the second, I usually look to the stories and narratives. There are a lot of ways that keeping the NWO together in some form works - the fans loved them (even if some were tired of it) and it can be fun to book. But given the group, what they had done (and tried to do) to WCW and what their goals were.... from a purely narrative perspective, does it make sense that they survive somehow? Or does having them ended, for good (at least for a few years), and made to suffer make for a better ending to the entire story arc?

The Goldberg conundrum is a tough one, and its why doing the unbeatable monster is hard in certain ways. I would probably turn him heel. Easy enough to do. He's dominant but he starts to develop a mean streak. Becomes a bully. He goes out of his way to intimidate people. Its not even really giving him different elements - rather, you are just emphasizing certain ones more. Eventually, he does something nasty enough that fans turn on him. then its a matter of building someone up. I would go with the underdog chase. Someone who has one or two elements that others do not that could allow them to beat Goldberg. You could even do a long story arc about how they are targeting Goldberg, training new techniques specifically targeted at him, even working with former opponents to learn. Its as much cerebral as physical. Personally, I'd go with someone like Benoit or Guerrero, but take your pick. Those guys could emphasize their quickness and athleticism, taking Goldberg into "deep waters" to test his endurance. Look at the Punk-Joe trilogy and there is a ton of inspiration there.

This is what I did to disband the nWo in my 1998 game from TEW13. This was following Sting beating Hogan cleanly and decisively at Starrcade 97, but it's not a whole lot of modification to switch Sting and Goldberg in the storyline, especially considering it looks like the nWo Wolfpac hasn't formed yet in your game.

So, like you said, after losing the title, Hogan's grip on the nWo is weakened, his authority is in question. Some people start thinking Hogan doesn't have what it takes to lead the nWo anymore. Some people start thinking the nWo is a sinking ship. Nash, Hall, Konnan, and whoever else you see fit split off to form the Wolfpac(not the nWo Wolfpac, just the Wolfpac), and maybe a few faces from WCW(but definitely not Luger and Sting). Maybe you have Savage join, I had him go off on his own("The Macho Man is nobody's second banana, dig it?!").

The next step is to feud the nWo and Wolfpac, culminating in a Career vs Career match between Hogan and Nash(or maybe Savage). Hogan, of course, loses. What's important, though, is that he loses due to interference by someone else in the nWo. Somebody that thinks with Hogan out of the way, he can take over. Like Scott Steiner.

Now, the division within the nWo forms. Some rally behind Steiner, others feel he's betrayed the cause and rally behind another potential leader, like The Giant. In my game I had Masahiro Chono and Hiroyoshi Tenzan under PPA deals as a third faction. And now it dissolves quickly, and ugly(-ly?) People abandon ship, publicly denouncing the nWo as a shell of itself, friend turns on friend, some people are quietly repackaged(or released). Then, in a match where the winner gets to lead the nWo and the loser gets kicked out, the winner(I would go Steiner, but it doesn't matter), rips up an nWo T-shirt and throws it in the face of his fallen opponent, and no Monday Nitro the nWo is no more.

Now, turning Goldberg into an unstoppable monster heel is a good idea. But, in my opinion, there is no good reason to resurrect the nWo to stop him. They don't need the rub, and the idea of a babyface nWo is just... wrong. Maybe you could have Hogan come back in the Red and Yellow to beat him. He doesn't need it, but it would make thematic sense.

It needs to be someone new, like bigpapa said, Benoit or Guerrero, or maybe even Jericho. Someone who can out-wrestle, out-smart, and out-last the monster.

<p>Two questions about potential title changes in my first PPV with USPW.</p><p> </p><p>

First, I'm not sure if Steve Frehley should retain against Nicky Champion or not. I think I would like to have Frehley retain, have a long run, and eventually turn face in an anti-hero type role with the title. At the same time, Champion is my figurehead and biggest star, and I could give him the title and immediately put him into a money (pun intended) feud with Rich Money.</p><p> </p><p>

For the Women's title, the big story arc is going to be Alicia coming back from her injury and turning heel. I want Gorgon to run through Melody for the title and dominate the whole division before J-Ro finally takes her down in a couple months, only to have Strong come out to "congratulate" her and turn heel. My issue is that I'm not sure Gorgon can carry the title for a couple months. I guess my other option would be for Melody to retain a couple times and have Alicia turn on her.</p><p> </p><p>

Thoughts?</p>

<p>I wanna thank Bigpapa42 & FankuKaibutsu for the great feedback!</p><p> </p><p>

I'm glad you guys got behind the idea of turning Goldberg heel, and right now I'm thinking Eddie is a good choice to take him down, with an outside choice being Sean Morley, who I've picked up before WWF did and I'm trying to give a serious run as a serious wrestler, including putting him in The 4 Horsemen.</p><p> </p><p>

Eddie just has more potential than Benoit, especially when it comes to character and mic work.</p><p> </p><p>

As for what to do with the nWo, I'm still a little undecided. I like the idea of just killing off the nWo(well, just Hogan really) but Hogan is just too big of a star to let go of. Maybe I'll just give him some time off and bring him back as a babyface.</p>

<p>Currently playing as HGC and find myself in a bit of a booking pickle... apologies for long post.</p><p> </p><p>

Currently the main event of the first Total Mayhem is set as an Iron Man Match with defending Champion Rip Chord putting the belt up against no.1 contender Sam Strong. </p><p> </p><p>

The issue being I dunno which way to go, They have in essense been fueding since January (now in May) and have clashed 2 previous times on PPV, once at War to Settle the Score, where Strong won by DQ, Then at Hollyweird in a cage match where after the debut of Nemesis, Chord retained, so this in essese is the rubber match between the 2. </p><p> </p><p>

If Strong wins, there would be one final match where Chord invokes his rematch, then I'd likely put the fued on ice for a few months moving guys like Romeo Heartthrob, Charlie Homicide, Nemesis and BLZ Bubb into the title picture facing Strong. </p><p> </p><p>

Having Chord retain, there wouldn't be much in the way of "ready" competition as there would be Liberty, Dusty Streets (i'll come back to in a moment) and Damon Carruthers apart from that there is no one else really ready to step up and face the heel champion. </p><p> </p><p>

Both are strong options, neither are in time decline yet despite their age and both have been pulling high ratings with and apart from each other. </p><p> </p><p>

If Chord retained I planned on having Streets turn heel and cost him the match as recently he tried and failed to win the belt at Hollyweird, he'd state that he's sick of Strong getting all the title chances as he has received more than any other wrestler.</p><p> </p><p>

Any ideas?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="miz468" data-cite="miz468" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Two questions about potential title changes in my first PPV with USPW.<p> </p><p> First, I'm not sure if Steve Frehley should retain against Nicky Champion or not. I think I would like to have Frehley retain, have a long run, and eventually turn face in an anti-hero type role with the title. At the same time, Champion is my figurehead and biggest star, and I could give him the title and immediately put him into a money (pun intended) feud with Rich Money.</p><p> </p><p> For the Women's title, the big story arc is going to be Alicia coming back from her injury and turning heel. I want Gorgon to run through Melody for the title and dominate the whole division before J-Ro finally takes her down in a couple months, only to have Strong come out to "congratulate" her and turn heel. My issue is that I'm not sure Gorgon can carry the title for a couple months. I guess my other option would be for Melody to retain a couple times and have Alicia turn on her.</p><p> </p><p> Thoughts?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Keep the belt on Frehley, have him be the one to buck the trend of Champion getting the belt back (for the time being) and do Champion/Money in the meantime.</p><p> </p><p> I don't think a few months of Gorgon as champion would be a problem. If you're concerned about using her directly too much, you could use her a bit like Asuka, with the focus on TV being contendership matches and finding a challenger from the other women, in between occasional squash matches for her.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cbacon87" data-cite="cbacon87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Keep the belt on Frehley, have him be the one to buck the trend of Champion getting the belt back (for the time being) and do Champion/Money in the meantime.<p> </p><p> I don't think a few months of Gorgon as champion would be a problem. If you're concerned about using her directly too much, you could use her a bit like Asuka, with the focus on TV being contendership matches and finding a challenger from the other women, in between occasional squash matches for her.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So we agreed halfway. I ended up putting the belt on Champion. Frehley just wasn't quite over enough and I need to get Champion as popular as I can for the national battle. I'm currently in the process of turning Steve face to team with Nicky against Khoklov, but he'll eventually turn back heel and get the belt back.</p><p> </p><p> Gorgon did win the title in January and she's been doing okay with it so far. Her only title defense was at Freedom Road in February, and it got me a 60 rating so not bad. Now to really strap the rocket to J-Ro... I need her pop high because I am expecting a pretty good match between her and Alicia in April at my first big PPV of the year.</p>

<p>How do you handle PPVs?</p><p> </p><p>

Just one Show and done? Just signed a 3 month P.P.V. deal and I have to do one every single week as it appears in Schedule. Is it how it works? Doing it that often the ratio decreases? </p><p> </p><p>

Thanks for the input in advance.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sharkn20" data-cite="Sharkn20" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you handle PPVs?<p> </p><p> Just one Show and done? Just signed a 3 month P.P.V. deal and I have to do one every single week as it appears in Schedule. Is it how it works? Doing it that often the ratio decreases? </p><p> </p><p> Thanks for the input in advance.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Depends on the company, such as your size and your schedule (touring/regular). You might wanna go to the 'small questions' thread up top for some more detailed analysis on how to book your schedule.</p>

<p>It's that time of (in-game) year- time to pick a new Horseman.</p><p>

For background: In mid-2001 WCW, Dustin Rhodes founded the New Horsemen, a group seeking to out-shine the legacy of the Four Horsemen. He founded the group with CW Anderson, "The Man That Put My Father Out of The Business", Steve Corino, and a man who knows what it's like to live in a relative's shadow, Chavo Guererro Jr.</p><p> </p><p>

The group has been moderately successful. The planned team of CW and Corino have been massively hindered by Corino dealing with a long-term nagging injury. Chavo recently quit the group, fed up with their over-all incompetence, culminating in a 6-man tag between the remaining 3 New Horsemen and Chavo, Konnan, and Kidman.</p><p> </p><p>

Now, to select a replacement:</p><p>

Sean O'Haire: despite being full of potential, he hasn't really accomplished much of note over the past year. He's slightly less over than Dustin Rhodes. Joining the group may be a good way to give him something to do to get away from his middling tag team with Chuck Palumbo.</p><p> </p><p>

James Storm: America's Most Wanted were Dead On Arrival as a tag team, having terrible chemistry. You'd think this could've been spotted in developmental, but w/e. The Horsemen may be a good way for this young man to get his start.</p><p> </p><p>

David Flair: He's done about all he can in development. His top-row stats are bad, but his performance stats are actually decent. He may not be the <em>best</em> choice, but it is thematically appropriate. </p><p> </p><p>

John Cena: The developmental report says he's still got a little room for improvement, but I checked his stats in the editor, and he's already better than some of my main eventers.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FankuKaibutsu" data-cite="FankuKaibutsu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's that time of (in-game) year- time to pick a new Horseman.<p> For background: In mid-2001 WCW, Dustin Rhodes founded the New Horsemen, a group seeking to out-shine the legacy of the Four Horsemen. He founded the group with CW Anderson, "The Man That Put My Father Out of The Business", Steve Corino, and a man who knows what it's like to live in a relative's shadow, Chavo Guererro Jr.</p><p> </p><p> The group has been moderately successful. The planned team of CW and Corino have been massively hindered by Corino dealing with a long-term nagging injury. Chavo recently quit the group, fed up with their over-all incompetence, culminating in a 6-man tag between the remaining 3 New Horsemen and Chavo, Konnan, and Kidman.</p><p> </p><p> Now, to select a replacement:</p><p> Sean O'Haire: despite being full of potential, he hasn't really accomplished much of note over the past year. He's slightly less over than Dustin Rhodes. Joining the group may be a good way to give him something to do to get away from his middling tag team with Chuck Palumbo.</p><p> </p><p> James Storm: America's Most Wanted were Dead On Arrival as a tag team, having terrible chemistry. You'd think this could've been spotted in developmental, but w/e. The Horsemen may be a good way for this young man to get his start.</p><p> </p><p> David Flair: He's done about all he can in development. His top-row stats are bad, but his performance stats are actually decent. He may not be the <em>best</em> choice, but it is thematically appropriate. </p><p> </p><p> John Cena: The developmental report says he's still got a little room for improvement, but I checked his stats in the editor, and he's already better than some of my main eventers.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Storm fits the role better than the other three in my opinion. He's a brawler who can pick up overness fairly quickly in my experience. Plus, depending on his destiny roll, he could be a main eventer down the line.</p><p> </p><p> Cena and O'Haire shouldn't need the affiliation to get over.</p><p> </p><p> Flair is someone I can't even pretend to want to use. I enjoyed him in the hardcore division, but meh, he's not even jobber material in my eyes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Storm fits the role better than the other three in my opinion. He's a brawler who can pick up overness fairly quickly in my experience. Plus, depending on his destiny roll, he could be a main eventer down the line.<p> </p><p> Cena and O'Haire shouldn't need the affiliation to get over.</p><p> </p><p> Flair is someone I can't even pretend to want to use. I enjoyed him in the hardcore division, but meh, he's not even jobber material in my eyes.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Honestly....I would use Flair...as the Fifth Horseman. He constantly tells the others that he needs to be on the Four Horseman because his father is Ric ****ing Flair. But they keep doing their things and Flair keeps trying to pretend he is in the group.</p>

<p>Jaysin is probably right about Cena and O'Haire, not only do they not need it, it may actively harm their growth.</p><p> </p><p>

Flair... I know he's bad. I know, in reality, he didn't really have a passion or an interest in the business. But I kinda wanna make an effort to see what kinda career he can have. Not, like, push him to the moon or anything, but just see how he develops. Heck he's already earned the NWA: Wildside heavyweight championship and actually had a decent match with Masato Tanaka once.</p><p> </p><p>

Jobbertrev, your idea about making him an annoying hanger-on is pretty good. I think I'm gonna use it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="StarsOverStalingrad" data-cite="StarsOverStalingrad" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Lex Luger, Scott Hall and Kevin Steen managed by Elizabeth as the new Wolfpac with Lex as the leader sound good for a 2002 WCW or should Wolfpac remain a thing of the past and not be brought back?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Get rid of the name, the actual group might be interesting.</p>

<p>So i'm thinking of making a stable akin to Evolution for SWF. I've already figured out who I want in it, The Crippler, Joey Morgan, Bret Starr and Spencer Spade.</p><p> </p><p>

I just have two questions;</p><p> </p><p>

1. What should I name the group? (I've already got a working name in 'Generations', but it sounds way too much like Evolution. I want something a little different)</p><p> </p><p>

And 2. How should I go about in debuting the stable?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So i'm thinking of making a stable akin to Evolution for SWF. I've already figured out who I want in it, The Crippler, Joey Morgan, Bret Starr and Spencer Spade.<p> </p><p> I just have two questions;</p><p> </p><p> 1. What should I name the group? (I've already got a working name in 'Generations', but it sounds way too much like Evolution. I want something a little different)</p><p> </p><p> And 2. How should I go about in debuting the stable?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Natural Selection? </p><p> </p><p> Synonym of Evolution.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MattL1222" data-cite="MattL1222" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Actually could someone give me some rules for a USPW playthrough? I plan to make a dev territory and revitalize the womens division but i want some rules to make it interesting and fun</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Bump.</p>

<p>For your Dev. </p><p> </p><p>

All of your future Tag teams on the main roster need to be brought up from your Developmental. </p><p> </p><p>

No lower than Middleweight guys in your developmental. </p><p> </p><p>

Your Womens champions needs to be booked like Hogan, defeating the monster of Month women. </p><p> </p><p>

Book a Chyna that can compete with the men.</p>