Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but maybe someone here can help me. I'm trying to take every picture from all three parts of the CV Rerender Project, rename them, and put them all in one pack for personal use. Obviously, some people have had name changes since 2010 to 2016, but the search feature usually allows me to find out easily. Unfortunately, there is one worker who I can't determine what happened to: Pablo Gutierrez. The rerender I have is one by JTLant from the first Rerender Project. I tried putting the name in the search feature, but no results. Maybe one of y'all could help me?

<p>Does anyone know how to pull off spectacle or epic matches? Any time I try they're way worse than regular. They always get dinged for not enough psychology even though one wrestler always is in the mid 80's at least. Or they get dinged for being done to a crowd already at an emotional high.</p><p> </p><p>

They just seem impossible to pull off.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="claxton110381" data-cite="claxton110381" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not sure if this is the correct thread, but maybe someone here can help me. I'm trying to take every picture from all three parts of the CV Rerender Project, rename them, and put them all in one pack for personal use. Obviously, some people have had name changes since 2010 to 2016, but the search feature usually allows me to find out easily. Unfortunately, there is one worker who I can't determine what happened to: Pablo Gutierrez. The rerender I have is one by JTLant from the first Rerender Project. I tried putting the name in the search feature, but no results. Maybe one of y'all could help me?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Looks like he's part of the 1977 mod. His name pops up in <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152678&highlight=%22pablo+gutierrez%22" rel="external nofollow">this diary.</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Iceisle" data-cite="Iceisle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Looks like he's part of the 1977 mod. His name pops up in <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152678&highlight=%22pablo+gutierrez%22" rel="external nofollow">this diary.</a></div></blockquote><p> Thank you!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lukok" data-cite="Lukok" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone know how to pull off spectacle or epic matches? Any time I try they're way worse than regular. They always get dinged for not enough psychology even though one wrestler always is in the mid 80's at least. Or they get dinged for being done to a crowd already at an emotional high.<p> </p><p> They just seem impossible to pull off.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've had lots of successful spectacles involving people who both have psychology 75+, used as main events when they're going to be the best match on the card and I haven't used any specific match aim notes on the preceding match.</p>

<p>I book NBT's slowly and carefully. Protect them well and have them work their way up the card at a realistic pace, developing any weak points before pushing them to the moon. Other people might go all out with them early on and depending on your roster, you might have to, but I like to keep their ego in check and actually become main event quality before they reach that level, not the other way around.</p><p> </p><p>

Hot Prospects are as much of a muchness for me. If you like the look of them, then go down the NBT route. But I've had plenty of duds too.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="benjybates" data-cite="benjybates" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know if this has been asked before, but how should I actually book my "Next Big Thing"?<p> </p><p> And on a related note, is it dangerous to overlook "Hot Prospects"?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As far as I know, Next Big Things have a high overness cap, so those are the ones least likely to hit an early wall if you want to push them hard. Don't really have to do anything exceptional unless they are a true rookie you might not want to push them crazy hard because they will likely be a top guy in the future, so if you push them to the moon and give them a huge ego it can come back to haunt you eventually.</p><p> </p><p> Hot prospects deal with in ring ability, so they'll pretty much keep getting better while they're young. Definitely people to keep long term (as long as they aren't cancerous)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="benjybates" data-cite="benjybates" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know if this has been asked before, but how should I actually book my "Next Big Thing"?<p> </p><p> And on a related note, is it dangerous to overlook "Hot Prospects"?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525815" rel="external nofollow">This</a> is from TEW 2013, so I'm not too sure how well it translates to TEW 2016 yet, really wish someone would test it out and see. But it tells you what NBT really means, as well as Hot Prospect, and it also tells you what each text block? whatever you want to call it, means. I do know that there is at least 1 new NBT text and HP as a result. But this should probably be able to help you as much as anything can.</p>

Does anyone know exactly what goes into being inducted into the Hall of Immortals? I have Champagne Lover, who is a definite "future inductee" and am about to steal Nicky Champion from USPW, who is 65% towards HoI. If I can get Nicky Champion another 10% I can have them Main Event my season finale show in a "Once In A Lifetime" match.

Tune in to WWA if you want to see all the dream matches you never thought possible!

He needs to achieve a (hidden) total target in the following catagories:

Win a main-event title in a major company

Headline a historic or legendary event in a major company

Been involved in a legendary match in a major company

Been voted wrestler of the year

Has reached iconic levels of popularity throughout an area

The hidden stat refers to how many of each he needs to achieve...

Each achievement earns him a number of points. When he reaches that hidden total target, he'll be 100% towards induction.

I offered Jim Neidhart a contract renewal and out of nowhere I find out WCW have sniped in and signed him to a written deal, wasn't even notified via email. I guess this adds to the realism but is this a new feature? Haven't seen anything like it before.

I have had this issue before too. Are you using the latest patch. I havnt seen it now that i have the latest patch, however never happened often so not sure if new patch fixed it.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but how should I actually book my "Next Big Thing"?

And on a related note, is it dangerous to overlook "Hot Prospects"?

Like everything in the Creative Meeting screen, it's an informational tool. It's not a flat-out decree by the game that you must do X, Y, or Z. The best possible scenario is when you have some of the same workers appearing on both lists. That means those workers can typically be considered 'the future'. It's still not mandatory for you to book them a particular way. Even poor recent fortunes can be turned around. For example, I have 8 Next Big Things with 6 of them also being Hot Prospects. I'm not pushing them all right now (cuz aint nobody got time for that :p). But it lets me know who will probably be left standing in the end, and helps me focus my development efforts. So I know, for example, that Kate Lilly is likely to get crazy over....but she won't max out in-ring. As a result, I can focus on booking Lilly & Rose in matches against people who are far better than they are and not let them win very much (since the goal is to improve her in-ring (hard), not to get her over (which is easy)).

My advice for how to book these workers is simple: Book them in a vacuum, especially your next big things. What I mean is, don't involve them in the promotion's top/main overarching storyline. Keep them in a bubble outside of main continuity. Most of the time, in my experience, these workers are not ready for prime time. So you don't want them shooting up the card and potentially stinking up your shows. I book mine against veteran workers who need something to do. For example, in most of my QAW games, both Alina America and Charity Sweet appear on both lists. My current game is no exception. So I have Charity teaming with Raku Makuda and Viper McKenna and feuding against Yuma Maruya, Otsune Tsumura, and The ANTI (DEVIL Karube and Megumi Nakajima). Alina is working against Steph Blake, Tracy Brendon, and Selina Svelte (also both a NBT and Hot Prospect) & Talia Quinzel with occasional assists from the likes of HEART Saitoh, Wendy Anderson, Foxxy LaRue, Missy Masterson, Michelle Cox, Teresa Perez, and Britney Hollywood. In essence, she's an unofficial member of my top babyface stable. All that talent and in-ring prowess has been rubbing off on her pretty consistently.

Basically, my advice is to have these workers work against your most talented in-ring performers but don't put the NBT/HP over them. It's one thing if you're dealing with a Fuyuko Higa/Lucy Stone-McFly level talent who only needs polish (or to learn the local language). It's another thing altogether to have your upper midcard and main event clogged with workers who need to be carried (with few people capable of doing so). But that's my preference. :)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wwfmark" data-cite="wwfmark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I'm playing with EWR throwback options do things like morale, backstage incidents and someone being a negative influence do anything in your game?<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Still looking for an answer. I'm pretty sure this stuff doesn't have an affect while using the Throwback options but I want to make sure I'm not screwing myself here.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wwfmark" data-cite="wwfmark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Still looking for an answer. I'm pretty sure this stuff doesn't have an affect while using the Throwback options but I want to make sure I'm not screwing myself here.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, because they have nothing to do with the EWR throwback options. The only applicable option is the 'left off show' complaints.</p><p> </p><p> If you want to remove those things, you use the standard options (left side of the user preferences window) and turn off locker room morale effects and worker morale effects.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes, because they have nothing to do with the EWR throwback options. The only applicable option is the 'left off show' complaints.<p> </p><p> If you want to remove those things, you use the standard options (left side of the user preferences window) and turn off locker room morale effects and worker morale effects.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jk2628" data-cite="jk2628" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>how do I view alliance title histories if im not part of the alliance?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> anyone know this please?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jk2628" data-cite="jk2628" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>anyone know this please?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Click on the alliances button (6th from left) at top of screen. On the bottom of the screen that pops up is a button labeled Alliance Titles -- you will find title histories there.</p>

<p>I posted this somewhere else, but made me think it is a good question for this thread.</p><p> </p><p>

I know good gimmicks get bonuses in segments and matches, however do Legendary ratings make that much of a difference in ratings compared to very good, excellent, or any other positive words the gimmicks use that are below Legendary?</p>