Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There might be a dedicated thread somewhere that I'm missing, but is there like a basic tutorial of booking traditional Japanese companies? I get the "Young Lion" rule and the division into weight categories, but it just feels like an entirely different thing so I'd appreciate a basic "how to"</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you're doing traditional Puro then realistically I would have a juniors match that either Steals the show or is a high spot fest. I would have a hard hitting strong style macho slap fest using the Wild Brawl note. Then like Poputt said a slow build main event that goes somewhere from 25-45 minutes. If you can for realism purposes those main events should have a crazy or stunt bump in it if possible.</p><p> </p><p> If you're doing touring make use of multi-man matches to keep workers fresh and keep storylines hot. Things like 3v3, 4v4, and even 5v5 work well. Headline smaller shows with the Junior Heavyweight title sometimes, which should be kept as a Floating title.</p><p> </p><p> If you want to get your Young Lions some wins to keep their momentum from dipping too low match them up with a respected veteran Senpai in Tag matches (the veteran gets the covers in wins and young lion eats the pins in losses).</p><p> </p><p> You can also have Young Lions beat other Young Lions in young lion showcase matches. Also you can do the 4v4 Over the hill veterans team vs the young lions team that puro companies love to do.</p>

ok i bought out mid atlantic years ago and closed the company only kept the rip international tournement title. i was going to re introduce the tournment but now under title screens it does not have the title but when i go into the editor the title says its with my company. any idea how i can access this title and why its not showing up in the title section for me?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="havok" data-cite="havok" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>ok i bought out mid atlantic years ago and closed the company only kept the rip international tournement title. i was going to re introduce the tournment but now under title screens it does not have the title but when i go into the editor the title says its with my company. any idea how i can access this title and why its not showing up in the title section for me?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The title is most likely retired. To unretire the championship, go to Titles > Filter > Status: Retired, then simply press 'Activate title'.</p>

<p>Hi guys sorry if these have been answered previously, either in this thread or elsewhere</p><p> </p><p>

1) Does relationship effect whether or not someone is willing to do a job? For example, Shawn Michaels is never gonna enjoy taking the L but shouldn't he be more willing to lay down for one of his friends in the Kliq than someone else of comparable popularity? Always wondered this about TEW</p><p> </p><p>

2) Is there a "definitive" list of what people's finishers are? Obviously you can use your imagination and the editor can offer some clues but I always wondered if there was a consensus or a list anywhere of who does what as a finisher. What exactly <em>is</em> The Big Money Move?</p><p> </p><p>

3) How did Shawn Gonzalez die?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="pantaloons" data-cite="pantaloons" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Same here. Perhaps we could have, in the next patch, a news story telling something like how x wrestler is now rehabilitated in the eyes of the world, or something along these lines, a piece of news that would allow us to know that he is no longer toxic.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Dynamite Sid" data-cite="The Dynamite Sid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi guys sorry if these have been answered previously, either in this thread or elsewhere<p> </p><p> 1) Does relationship effect whether or not someone is willing to do a job? For example, Shawn Michaels is never gonna enjoy taking the L but shouldn't he be more willing to lay down for one of his friends in the Kliq than someone else of comparable popularity? Always wondered this about TEW</p><p> </p><p> 2) Is there a "definitive" list of what people's finishers are? Obviously you can use your imagination and the editor can offer some clues but I always wondered if there was a consensus or a list anywhere of who does what as a finisher. What exactly <em>is</em> The Big Money Move?</p><p> </p><p> 3) How did Shawn Gonzalez die?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 1 - I don't know that one</p><p> </p><p> 2 - You can donwload the demo to Wrestling Spirit 3 and check the moves there</p><p> </p><p> 3 - His bio says "a diving trip in the Caribbean ended in tragedy" so I guess he drowned.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If it says "Probably, his last turn wasn't long ago", is it a certainty that a turn will go wrong, or can it still be succesfull?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It can still be successful.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Dynamite Sid" data-cite="The Dynamite Sid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>1) Does relationship effect whether or not someone is willing to do a job? For example, Shawn Michaels is never gonna enjoy taking the L but shouldn't he be more willing to lay down for one of his friends in the Kliq than someone else of comparable popularity? Always wondered this about TEW</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, it does.</p>

<p>So hopefully someone can help me:</p><p> </p><p>

Im running a performance based company with 100% match ratio for my first game. I did the same in TEW13 without any problems.</p><p> </p><p>

My problem in TEW16 though is that while my company is steady growing in popularity my workers stagnated a year ago at exactly 29 popularity ( i got 1 ME with higher popularity but he had it before i signed him)</p><p> </p><p>

I got ME , Upper Midcarder Midcarder even Lower Midcarder all sitting at 29 popularity and i just can't get them more over</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fenrise" data-cite="Fenrise" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So hopefully someone can help me:<p> </p><p> Im running a performance based company with 100% match ratio for my first game. I did the same in TEW13 without any problems.</p><p> </p><p> My problem in TEW16 though is that while my company is steady growing in popularity my workers stagnated a year ago at exactly 29 popularity ( i got 1 ME with higher popularity but he had it before i signed him)</p><p> </p><p> I got ME , Upper Midcarder Midcarder even Lower Midcarder all sitting at 29 popularity and i just can't get them more over</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Best options I use to get my guys to break through my promotions popularity are:</p><p> </p><p> 1. Hire up a worker who has more popularity and job them consistently to the worker you are trying to push. Since you're perf over pop make sure both workers involved can work.</p><p> </p><p> 2. Look for your Next Big Thing in the creative meeting and get them hot with some decisive wins. If they have high menace or high charisma/micro skills put them in angles based on that. High rated angles that go on for a good amount of time (I say 6-10mins) are great at getting workers more over.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Best options I use to get my guys to break through my promotions popularity are:<p> </p><p> 1. Hire up a worker who has more popularity and job them consistently to the worker you are trying to push. Since you're perf over pop make sure both workers involved can work.</p><p> </p><p> 2. Look for your Next Big Thing in the creative meeting and get them hot with some decisive wins. If they have high menace or high charisma/micro skills put them in angles based on that. High rated angles that go on for a good amount of time (I say 6-10mins) are great at getting workers more over.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can i safely use angles (even though its kinda cheap to spam those) in a company that has a 100% match ratio ? </p><p> </p><p> Could i use them in pre or post-show and get the same result?</p>

Can i safely use angles (even though its kinda cheap to spam those) in a company that has a 100% match ratio ?

Could i use them in pre or post-show and get the same result?

Well pre-show and post-show would only help them in the specific region of the shows and with lessened impact.

I am running a Puro fed that is 100& and I use 1-2 angles per show. If your show is 100% then you can use up to 10% about of the show on angles. So that's 10 minutes of angles per 100 minutes of show time (I only do easy math).

It's not so cheap honestly as even companies like PWG or Traditional Japanese companies that are generally all matches may run the occassional angle where the next challenger confronts the champion.

So if you have high menace guys have them do a menacing face-off of giants post match. If you've got entertaining workers you can have them trade insults before or after a match. Not so cheap imo

Well pre-show and post-show would only help them in the specific region of the shows and with lessened impact.

I am running a Puro fed that is 100& and I use 1-2 angles per show. If your show is 100% then you can use up to 10% about of the show on angles. So that's 10 minutes of angles per 100 minutes of show time (I only do easy math).

It's not so cheap honestly as even companies like PWG or Traditional Japanese companies that are generally all matches may run the occassional angle where the next challenger confronts the champion.

So if you have high menace guys have them do a menacing face-off of giants post match. If you've got entertaining workers you can have them trade insults before or after a match. Not so cheap imo

Okay, thanks alot. I'll try giving my shows that little bit more instead of just matches

So I have an unscripted angle with Remo (main eventer) and roger cage (midcard). I got the note that Cage did masterful job of improvising with the crowd and a 93 grade, but also got a note that Cage underperformed. What's that about? His overness is much lower than Remo's, does it have to do with that?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tag01" data-cite="Tag01" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I have an unscripted angle with Remo (main eventer) and roger cage (midcard). I got the note that Cage did masterful job of improvising with the crowd and a 93 grade, but also got a note that Cage underperformed. What's that about? His overness is much lower than Remo's, does it have to do with that?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, you're absolutely right.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vampmon" data-cite="vampmon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is it possible to have two 'A' shows? Like with a Brand spilt? And can I change an existing show from a B to an A?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, it is possible to have two A shows. Yes, like with a brand split. Yes, you can change an existing B show to an A show if it is not a part of an active broadcasting deal.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="njmcfreak" data-cite="njmcfreak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will "freelancers" eventually settle down and become long term wrestlers as they get older?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes.</p>

So I have just started my first long term save after a few games with ultimate money to get the jist of things.

I'm currently playing as NWA: UK Hammerlock (TEW2013 1998 Mod), left the alliance due to profits being shared and never making a profit each month. Now I'm stable and earning around 10k max per month with 150k in the bank.

Though I'm close to making the jump to regional from small sitting at 28 importance - needing 29 to progress. The wrestling industry and economy are both around the 20's and still falling.

This will be my first ever jump up in size and I'm just wondering if It'd be best limiting myself to small size till the economy and wrestling industry pick up? Or will it be safe to progress?