Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<p>If you are booking a show like how WWE currently does it (25-30% of wrestling time) is it difficult to keep things interesting? Is there any C-Verse company that out of the box have such a low match - angle ratio for TV?</p><p> </p><p>

Also would having a weak weekly main event that lasts 6-8 minutes a la WCW c. 98 hurt a National sized promotion? (under that 30% match ratio)</p>

Seems weird... I've not had that problem at all when playing below Cult.

I don't consider it a problem (I'll explain later). decided to go ahead and run test shows in the default data with GSW and CZCW. Not sure what caps may be there for Regional promotions, but had same issue with GSW, issue gone with CZCW.

Again, I actually think capping the popularity you can get as a small/local promotion is realistic and great for game play. My issue is that this came out of nowhere and wasn't properly explained. Adam does a great job hyping all the new features pre-release, why not have a thread explaining significant changes post-release?

I see A shows and B shows held on the same night have the same audience while if held on different days, the B show has lesser audience than the A show. How about the ticket sales for when they are held on the same night? Do they pay for the A show only or for both the A and the B show?

If you are booking a show like how WWE currently does it (25-30% of wrestling time) is it difficult to keep things interesting? Is there any C-Verse company that out of the box have such a low match - angle ratio for TV?

Also would having a weak weekly main event that lasts 6-8 minutes a la WCW c. 98 hurt a National sized promotion? (under that 30% match ratio)

It's easy in the game: just keep using your best mic/'tainment people in angles and you'll hit A-shows a lot. In reality, it's a lot tougher as the content must be interesting. In the C-verse, I don't think there are promotions like that.

Short main events won't hurt you in promotions like this, but when you don't run much angles you could theoretically get in trouble given the match is often of B-level.

If you are booking a show like how WWE currently does it (25-30% of wrestling time) is it difficult to keep things interesting? Is there any C-Verse company that out of the box have such a low match - angle ratio for TV?

Also would having a weak weekly main event that lasts 6-8 minutes a la WCW c. 98 hurt a National sized promotion? (under that 30% match ratio)

I can't think of any promotions that have that low of a match ratio, but I know that RAW has I think 50% or something. There bio even talks about how they are more of a soap opera with wrestling as a side. As far as your main event being 6-8 minutes that will be capped in how high it will be rated and can have a big impact on your overall show. Your main event counts for a lot of your overall show grade.

<p>Originally Posted by alex6291 View Post</p><p> I have a question with the buy rates of PPV, the player's handbook says that running multiple ppv in short space of time reduced ppv buy rate, does anybody have more info about that ? The optimal time between two ppv? Two weeks is good or not ?</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alex6291" data-cite="alex6291" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone has advice or info ?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would also like to know this. Does anyone know the answer?</p>

Just to make sure; is the "on demand" viewership/sponsorship money correlated to your company's actual size or to the popularity? I'm Small, but I have some decent popularity scattered across the world for my size (15~30 depending on the region). Would it lower my viewership to change from late evening to on demand in my situation?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kehi7" data-cite="Kehi7" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Originally Posted by alex6291 View Post<p> I have a question with the buy rates of PPV, the player's handbook says that running multiple ppv in short space of time reduced ppv buy rate, does anybody have more info about that ? The optimal time between two ppv? Two weeks is good or not ?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I would also like to know this. Does anyone know the answer?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have put on as much as 3 ppvs in 1 month without suffering any noticeable lapse in buy rate.</p><p> </p><p> That is they were a 2 night tournament special and my usual monthly event. They all had similar buy rates to the month following and month prior events</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have put on as much as 3 ppvs in 1 month without suffering any noticeable lapse in buy rate.<p> </p><p> That is they were a 2 night tournament special and my usual monthly event. They all had similar buy rates to the month following and month prior events</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't remember the exact details but I have experienced severe drop off in ppv buy rates from running too many. You may have not experienced it because you did this 3 in one month as a one off. If you kept doing 3 month after month you may have seen an issue. In addition once I switched back to one ppv a month I seem to recall it taking a while for my buy rates to climb back up to the expected level.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Popularity always plays a factor... even in a perf > pop company. The last few .something grades are probably popularity that's "missing".</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know. My wrestlers are the top popular wrestlers in the world. So that is probably not it. I just mentioned the perf > pop to suggest that there are no storyline effects etc.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have some constant 99* matches. I can't get a perfect 100. I turned on the Dirt Sheet feature and the 99* matches don't have any negative points. What am I missing? (It's a performance over popularity company.)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Some common things are announcer issues. Do your announcer and color person have excellent experience? Are they both highly rated?</p><p> </p><p> Are both of your workers individually performance ratings 100?</p><p> </p><p> Are you spending money on having a band perform to get the crowd hotter?</p><p> </p><p> Are you managing the crowd properly in the matches leading up to your 5* bouts?</p><p> </p><p> Those are the things that can take a 99 to a 100.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Some common things are announcer issues. Do your announcer and color person have excellent experience? Are they both highly rated?<p> </p><p> Are both of your workers individually performance ratings 100?</p><p> </p><p> Are you spending money on having a band perform to get the crowd hotter?</p><p> </p><p> Are you managing the crowd properly in the matches leading up to your 5* bouts?</p><p> </p><p> Those are the things that can take a 99 to a 100.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My first announcer is 100 announcing, second announcer is 100 color and 3rd is 88 color. Excellent experience. As I mentioned no negative points in the dirt sheet.</p><p> </p><p> Yes. That's when the matches get 99. But sometimes even individual performances with 90-95 also get me 99.</p><p> </p><p> No. However, I've seen other companies have regular 100 matches on TV shows even. Same save. (<a href="http://i.imgur.com/oVP8aEY.png" rel="external nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/oVP8aEY.png</a> <a href="http://i.imgur.com/cE8shhL.png" rel="external nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/cE8shhL.png</a>)</p><p> </p><p> I have crowd management set to off. So maybe that's it?</p><p> </p><p> Also, I don't have anything in the product set to Key Feature, does that matter?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My first announcer is 100 announcing, second announcer is 100 color and 3rd is 88 color. Excellent experience. As I mentioned no negative points in the dirt sheet.<p> </p><p> Yes. That's when the matches get 99. But sometimes even individual performances with 90-95 also get me 99.</p><p> </p><p> No. However, I've seen other companies have regular 100 matches on TV shows even. Same save. (<a href="http://i.imgur.com/oVP8aEY.png" rel="external nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/oVP8aEY.png</a> <a href="http://i.imgur.com/cE8shhL.png" rel="external nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/cE8shhL.png</a>)</p><p> </p><p> I have crowd management set to off. So maybe that's it?</p><p> </p><p> Also, I don't have anything in the product set to Key Feature, does that matter?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What exactly is your product? Some times if you have conflicting styles set too heavy that can limit your ratings. For example Realism and Hyper-Realism would be the antithesis of Modern, Lucha and Daredevil.</p><p> </p><p> If your crowd management is off not sure of the effects as you can't get a crowd heated up. I have never played that way so there may be something in that. Don't know.</p><p> </p><p> Are you setting your match aims to anything besides regular?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What exactly is your product? Some times if you have conflicting styles set too heavy that can limit your ratings. For example Realism and Hyper-Realism would be the antithesis of Modern, Lucha and Daredevil.<p> </p><p> If your crowd management is off not sure of the effects as you can't get a crowd heated up. I have never played that way so there may be something in that. Don't know.</p><p> </p><p> Are you setting your match aims to anything besides regular?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The product: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/VF3zBtV.png" rel="external nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/VF3zBtV.png</a></p><p> </p><p> I only have match aims for smaller matches just because the product demands. Besides that, I never have match aims other than regular for my big matches.</p>

Guest skinsfan55
Is my commentary dragging me down? I have Emily McQueen (75) on color and Peter Michaels (90) on play by play and every match I'm penalized for McQueen's color score. IIRC she's the 3rd best color person in North America. What's the deal?

<p>Is psychology improved by having people on the same team, or is it only good for opponents? Does it have the same liklihood of improving in multi-man matches as in 1 v 1? </p><p> </p><p>

Additionally, which other skills can be improved by pairing people with higher-skilled opponents? Is it mainly left half of the middle line, and then some entertainment? </p><p>

Power and stamina seem mostly tied to size (stamina improves with long matches?)</p><p> </p><p>

2/3 of my roster is under 30, so I'm basically trying to do some "selective breeding", in hopes that by the time they all hit 30, I'll have a solid roster who'll be in place for about a decade.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The product: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/VF3zBtV.png" rel="external nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/VF3zBtV.png</a><p> </p><p> I only have match aims for smaller matches just because the product demands. Besides that, I never have match aims other than regular for my big matches.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That Heavy Modern + Heavy Realism product might be hurting you slightly since those are competing performance styles.</p><p> </p><p> You may want to try letting one of those be dominant over the other. So going Key feature with Realism or Modern. Or you can try just dropping Realism or Modern to Medium.</p><p> </p><p> Of course that is to say if you are pulling 99s as frequently as you are it may be just waiting for the right night to hit to get that 100.</p>