Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Quick question about the 2005 CVerse data... I'm reading an old thread about TCW in TEW 2005, and they have Brent Hill and Human Arsenal as members of TCW as Wrestling Machines 1 & 2, but in my 2005 data, they're both unemployed. Is this just an oversight and I should add them to the roster to be canonically correct? Or does this data start on a different date (December 2005) than the default data from TEW 2005?

Also, if I add them to the roster, anyone know what experience I should give them, what disposition they are, and if they had a tag finisher?

Any insight appreciated.

You can get canonical dates via the Employment Histories section: Brent Hill joined in Feb 06 and Human Arsenal in Jan 06.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can get canonical dates via the Employment Histories section: Brent Hill joined in Feb 06 and Human Arsenal in Jan 06.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Awesome thank you. For some reason it didn't even occur to me to flip to the default db and check their employment history.</p><p> </p><p> While I've got you here, the cverse 05 mod has Jason Azaria's announcing set pretty low (47 I think) but his bio gives him high praise. Is this around the correct rating? I can always move him to color and bring my boy Rock Downpour in for the play by play, but I prefer the two man booth, ya know?</p>

Is there anyway to succesfully book a squash? I'm playing the 1987 mod, and was thinking of having the occasional squash match placed in the middle of the card, with a big man (Kamala, Bundy, Hercules, Hogan and so forth) winning a squash. But I just can't see a squash match getting a good grade...

<p>I’ll ask a question that I asked a while ago; what are the pros and cons of starting an alliance with all your child companies? I think it would be cool to introduce a title that can be defended in all my chile companies around the world and maybe the odd WWF show, too. It will also allow me to access my foreign rosters and borrow some wrestlers who I can’t currently sign. </p><p> </p><p>

If I do that, are my small child companies free to borrow whoever then want, whenever they want from me?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kehi7" data-cite="Kehi7" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can a company be in more than one alliance?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I’ll ask a question that I asked a while ago; what are the pros and cons of starting an alliance with all your child companies? I think it would be cool to introduce a title that can be defended in all my chile companies around the world and maybe the odd WWF show, too. It will also allow me to access my foreign rosters and borrow some wrestlers who I can’t currently sign. <p> </p><p> If I do that, are my small child companies free to borrow whoever then want, whenever they want from me?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pros: </p><p> - Yes, you can introduce alliance titles for all of your child companies to use. </p><p> - You can borrow from any of the companies (though you could already do this)</p><p> </p><p> Cons:</p><p> - Yes, the companies will conduct trades that won't require your approval and they may include your guys but pop loss will likely be extra minimum</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Defmall" data-cite="Defmall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does winning a title give a wrestler any additional popularity points?<p> I know wins and losses in general affect popularity, but what about title wins?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Winning a title won't give a direct pop boost. It WILL increase or decrease the belt's prestige. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there anyway to succesfully book a squash? I'm playing the 1987 mod, and was thinking of having the occasional squash match placed in the middle of the card, with a big man (Kamala, Bundy, Hercules, Hogan and so forth) winning a squash. But I just can't see a squash match getting a good grade...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Usually, I keep the match under 5 minutes. The worker getting squashed is usually a pretty good worker in terms of Perf stats. Don't book it open, make sure the winner is booked dominate</p>

As the biggest (presumably) member of the alliance, you'd always be the first choice for your workers, so even if out on loan they'll be around for your shows.

I run training angles with my best speakers leading several others in long, post-show promos rated on Entertainment.

Do the trainees learn quicker from having the better worker in the segment with them, or will working 8 or 9 ten-minute segments a month be sufficient for them to learn even without a great talker in there to lead the segment?

Also, I have the trainees rated on Entertainment. Would it work better if only the trainer was rated and the rest were unrated?

They will learn on their own by practice in segments of a decent length. However, my understanding is that improvements from segments function in the same way as improvements from matches. Sure, you'll get better just by wrestling, but your progress will be faster if you're wrestling against good workers.

I believe the same applies to working segments with high-entertainment wrestlers. They've got better people to learn off.

I think therefore it's best to have the trainees entertainment rated, as they're then actively practicing. Having them unrated would be a bit like the limited involvement note, since they're not really utilising their own skills.

I do a 'fan meet and greet' as a staple preshow angle with four stronger entertainers and four trainees all on entertainment which seems to work well.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nizzy_Tizzy" data-cite="Nizzy_Tizzy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>'Segment was penalised for the content risk being to low'<p> </p><p> I get this in every match, how do i combat this? By either changing match style or changing company product, i'm currently Progress on Fleisch mod.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You'll get dinged for that on any match with "Very Low" content risk based on the product description.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nizzy_Tizzy" data-cite="Nizzy_Tizzy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>'Segment was penalised for the content risk being to low'<p> </p><p> I get this in every match, how do i combat this? By either changing match style or changing company product, i'm currently Progress on Fleisch mod.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I also used to have this and I made up a new regular match type with weapons and a higher content risk. So I usually book this match type instead of a normal 1 vs. 1. But you can also change the product, if you prefer that.</p>

Epic and Spectacle seem to need the crowd calmed before they can really succeed - I know that despite a lot of testing no-one here seems to have reliably got those two match types to succeed recently (but, mind you, given that the last few WrestleManias have had unsuccessful 'Epic' main events, WWE has issues with it too!)

When a Mentor passes tips on to their Protege, is there any minimum/maximum number of points they'll help the protege gain each time?

Also, what affects what the Mentor passes on? In my game, Ricky Steamboat has been sharing tips on Selling, Psychology and working as a babyface, all of which seem to be his strong points - which makes sense!

Finally, does the Mentor's personality affect how often they pass tips on? Steamboat seems to do it almost every week (and as a result Steve Armstrong and Marcus Bagwell have incredible Pyschology for their age). I have Ric Flair as my user character, and he never seems to pass tips on to his Protege - whether that's because Flair is selfish or the user character isn't supposed to be a Mentor I don't know.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Abgas" data-cite="Abgas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I also used to have this and I made up a new regular match type with weapons and a higher content risk. So I usually book this match type instead of a normal 1 vs. 1. But you can also change the product, if you prefer that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://imgur.com/a/idOj2" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/idOj2</a></p><p> </p><p> This is what the product is, what do i reduce so i don't need to change all the match types? I watch a fair bit of Progress and yeah its an adult product but i don't wanna have it so there are weapons used in each match.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nizzy_Tizzy" data-cite="Nizzy_Tizzy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="https://imgur.com/a/idOj2" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/idOj2</a><p> </p><p> This is what the product is, what do i reduce so i don't need to change all the match types? I watch a fair bit of Progress and yeah its an adult product but i don't wanna have it so there are weapons used in each match.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How many different sort of match types do you tend to use? If you use a lot of 1 v 1/2 v 2/3 v 3 which I imagine is mostly what you'll end up using, its pretty easy to just create a new match type called 1 v 1 PROGRESS with content risk at average the first time you need it. Probably after a couple of shows you have one of every sort you typically use and never need to bother with it again. </p><p> </p><p> I definitely wish this was just automatic because it is super tedious.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How many different sort of match types do you tend to use? If you use a lot of 1 v 1/2 v 2/3 v 3 which I imagine is mostly what you'll end up using, its pretty easy to just create a new match type called 1 v 1 PROGRESS with content risk at average the first time you need it. Probably after a couple of shows you have one of every sort you typically use and never need to bother with it again. <p> </p><p> I definitely wish this was just automatic because it is super tedious.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh ok, yeah that does seem a lot easier for me to do.</p><p> I'm sure I'll find it tedious as well.</p><p> Thanks for the help.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nizzy_Tizzy" data-cite="Nizzy_Tizzy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="https://imgur.com/a/idOj2" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/idOj2</a><p> </p><p> This is what the product is, what do i reduce so i don't need to change all the match types? I watch a fair bit of Progress and yeah its an adult product but i don't wanna have it so there are weapons used in each match.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If I'm not mistaken from the bit of Progress I've seen it's less Daredevil and more Modern. I would drop the daredevil to low and increase the Modern to high. That would fix the match risk penalty I believe.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nizzy_Tizzy" data-cite="Nizzy_Tizzy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="https://imgur.com/a/idOj2" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/idOj2</a><p> </p><p> This is what the product is, what do i reduce so i don't need to change all the match types? I watch a fair bit of Progress and yeah its an adult product but i don't wanna have it so there are weapons used in each match.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Real world products in TEW are always going to be a bit subjective. But that's not really the direction I would be going with the product for Progress. Look at the in-game definitions for Cult, Modern, and Realism. Does the description of Realism sound like something Progress features heavily? The Progress fans are pretty much the definition of a Cult audience. Adjusting the product might not be the direction you want to go but it might solve the problem. Just be careful doing it in-game rather than thru the In-Game Editor - it can affect your popularity if you alter things too heavily.</p>

<p>I planned to start an alliance with all my various child companies and the companies I have bought out - allowing me access to wrestlers in regions that I currently cannot sign from.</p><p> </p><p>

However, when I try to add some of my child companies, my original child company (TSW) vetos it as they are smaller than TSW. What gives?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I planned to start an alliance with all my various child companies and the companies I have bought out - allowing me access to wrestlers in regions that I currently cannot sign from.<p> </p><p> However, when I try to add some of my child companies, my original child company (TSW) vetos it as they are smaller than TSW. What gives?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Usually you can change a few traits in the Owner to fix this. Usually it's a lack of being open to pacts. You might also want to ensure your alliance can still hold more members. And, you can use stars from these companies even without an alliance - what an alliance does for you is it lets these companies form pacts with ECW/DAVE, and lend your top row of workers to them to get injured for a year at a time. It isn't like this happens all the time, but it's something to be wary of. I've never seen a child company borrow another child company's stars except for alliance title matches.</p>