Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Corey" data-cite="Corey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does promotion size dictate what level of TV deal you can get? I'm currently playing as TNA in a 2005 mod - I'm holding back on going National because my stars aren't ready to compete with WWE but I can't seem to get any TV deal above "Medium" and can't get anything above a Late Evening slot for those stations. Is it a case of gambling on going up to National for better deals while also trying to withstand the penalties that I'll get for having a weaker roster than WWE?<p> </p><p> Also, I've yet to try having a figurehead in the game as I never have anyone who's completely right. Is it possible to have a successful figurehead while there's still some negatives against him or is it better to wait until the absolute right guy comes along/is over enough?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I believe broadcasters are based entirely on popularity in the region. In the editor you can see the requirements for each broadcaster.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Browning" data-cite="Browning" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I believe broadcasters are based entirely on popularity in the region. In the editor you can see the requirements for each broadcaster.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks - just did a quick check and it's a combo of popularity and size (ie. networks have a base size level you have to be before they'll negotiate with you.)</p><p> </p><p> Are you aware if/how much it affects pop gains to be airing on, say, a big/huge station over a medium one? I'm debating whether it's worth the gamble to take the penalties due to having weaker star power than WWE in a National Battle versus catching up to them faster if I can get my guys seen by a bigger audience.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I pretty much only do entertainment as well. Not sure if it's correct but it seems to be most all encompassing thing for a backstage interview that could have quite a few things going on.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Entertainment is when you want the total package, which is correct (I feel) for most participants in an angle.</p><p> </p><p> Microphone is pretty much used for interviewers and announcers - people who exist to link one segment to the next, or to ask questions of the segment's subject. </p><p> </p><p> Think of it this way: Renee Young interviewing someone? Rated on Microphone, because her job there is to just ask questions without getting involved.</p><p> </p><p> Renee Young on Talking Smack or a Kick Off panel? Rated on Entertainment, because she's one of the focuses of the segment and it's meant to be a looser, more freewheeling environment.</p>

Has the criteria changed for the Young Lions system? Not sure if this is working as intended, if I'm not remembering things correctly, or what, but I have noticed lately when tweaking product settings for Sports Entertainment style companies, in the Analysis it says that the Young Lion System will be on if in an area where it is active. What product settings turn it off if this is intentional? Thought I should ask before making a thread in Tech Support.

<p>Thanks for the insights everyone.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Think of it this way: Renee Young interviewing someone? Rated on Microphone, because her job there is to just ask questions without getting involved.<p> </p><p> Renee Young on Talking Smack or a Kick Off panel? Rated on Entertainment, because she's one of the focuses of the segment and it's meant to be a looser, more freewheeling environment. </p></div></blockquote> <p> </p><p> So if I wanted to have a Mean Gene Okerlund style announcer I should rate him on Entertainment? Or would you still rate him on Microphone?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt Shannon" data-cite="Matt Shannon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has the criteria changed for the Young Lions system? Not sure if this is working as intended, if I'm not remembering things correctly, or what, but I have noticed lately when tweaking product settings for Sports Entertainment style companies, in the Analysis it says that the Young Lion System will be on if in an area where it is active. What product settings turn it off if this is intentional? Thought I should ask before making a thread in Tech Support.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From the patch thread:</p><p> </p><p> (1.30)</p><p> Pre-game loans could become locked into place and never end</p><p> Parent company could be blocked from changing child company's schedule</p><p> Massive OTT PPA contract offers from player when competing with written could product a constant cycle of signings and resignings</p><p> <strong>Removed young lion system block for companies with certain product settings</strong></p><p> </p><p> It was changed because it was far too restrictive and you couldn't accurately portray Japanese products.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>From the patch thread:<p> </p><p> (1.30)</p><p> Pre-game loans could become locked into place and never end</p><p> Parent company could be blocked from changing child company's schedule</p><p> Massive OTT PPA contract offers from player when competing with written could product a constant cycle of signings and resignings</p><p> <strong>Removed young lion system block for companies with certain product settings</strong></p><p> </p><p> It was changed because it was far too restrictive and you couldn't accurately portray Japanese products.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah, I was wondering what that note meant. Good to know that I wasn't going crazy. Thank you for clearing that up, sir!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HugarLSU" data-cite="HugarLSU" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you book an effective squash match. What stats matter? Every time I book one it gets lower rating than I think it should. Playing USPW so I have many high menace giants and can't seem to get it right.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> All that matters is:</p><p> the winner is lower midcard or higher</p><p> loser is an enhancement talent</p><p> decisive victory road agent note</p><p> 5 or less minutes</p><p> </p><p> Literally nothing else matters to get the well executed squash note.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Corey" data-cite="Corey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks - just did a quick check and it's a combo of popularity and size (ie. networks have a base size level you have to be before they'll negotiate with you.)<p> </p><p> Are you aware if/how much it affects pop gains to be airing on, say, a big/huge station over a medium one? I'm debating whether it's worth the gamble to take the penalties due to having weaker star power than WWE in a National Battle versus catching up to them faster if I can get my guys seen by a bigger audience.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know for sure as I'm kind of new to the game, but the one time I did it, the difference seemed fairly significant. I went into national battles with WWE as a result but I destroyed them thanks to signing up some of their huge star power guys like The Rock and Lesnar, but I'm not sure if the mod I played was just particularly easy or not. If you don't have high enough star power to compete, I would wait until you do.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Corey" data-cite="Corey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, I've yet to try having a figurehead in the game as I never have anyone who's completely right. Is it possible to have a successful figurehead while there's still some negatives against him or is it better to wait until the absolute right guy comes along/is over enough?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have had a figurehead be slightly overshadowed by a few people in one area (charisma), but he was still my best choice for a figurehead. Ticket and merchandise sales were still up with him as figurehead, so it was better than not having one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>decisive victory road agent note<p> 5 or less minutes</p><p> </p><p> Literally nothing else matters to get the well executed squash note.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I never use the decisive victory note (ever). Also, my squashes are always 6 mins and I never book anything under that, my shortest non-squashes are 8 mins.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Corey" data-cite="Corey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you aware if/how much it affects pop gains to be airing on, say, a big/huge station over a medium one? I'm debating whether it's worth the gamble to take the penalties due to having weaker star power than WWE in a National Battle versus catching up to them faster if I can get my guys seen by a bigger audience.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You should always be on the biggest network possible. Also, winning National Battles is a lot easier in TEW2016 than it used to be (like many things...), so I wouldn't even worry about it to be honest.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Corey" data-cite="Corey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, I've yet to try having a figurehead in the game as I never have anyone who's completely right. Is it possible to have a successful figurehead while there's still some negatives against him or is it better to wait until the absolute right guy comes along/is over enough?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, it is possible to have a succesful figurehead with negatives. Doesn't mean that it would be a good idea to choose that guy though. If you know there's someone with better charisma & star aura, you should build that guy instead. Never choose a figurehead based on popularity. Popularity is so easy to build and manage. Figurehead should be someone you know is the best available long term option for you. Don't choose a figurehead that is okay for now, but one you need to switch soon. The previous figurehead will be pissed and overall, you would've just wasted a ton of time and energy.</p>

I really can't get used to TV Ratings. Is there a way to see a show's rating in each channel? For example when I finish a RAW show, It shows me complete ratings from 7 channels but I only want to see the rating gathered from USA Network channel.

Nope. We’ve requested it changed back and got a “no” in return.

<p>So in my Japan game, I'm looking for a new broadcast deal for my Events. </p><p> </p><p>

Which deal should I take:</p><p> </p><p>

- Very Big Commercial - Prime Time</p><p>

- Medium Subscription - Prime Time</p><p>

- Small PPV - Prime Time</p><p> </p><p>

My previous deal was Medium Subscription - Early Evening. I'm leaning towards keeping that deal but with Prime Time time slot now, but don't want to make an error here.</p><p> </p><p>

I just got to National and am being offered prime time spots.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Body By THawk" data-cite="Body By THawk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So in my Japan game, I'm looking for a new broadcast deal for my Events. <p> </p><p> Which deal should I take:</p><p> </p><p> - Very Big Commercial - Prime Time</p><p> - Medium Subscription - Prime Time</p><p> - Small PPV - Prime Time</p><p> </p><p> My previous deal was Medium Subscription - Early Evening. I'm leaning towards keeping that deal but with Prime Time time slot now, but don't want to make an error here.</p><p> </p><p> I just got to National and am being offered prime time spots.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, what's your goal? If you're looking to get money fast to get your own network, I'd probably go with PPV or Subscription. If you're looking for more pop while still turning a profit, Commercial.</p><p> </p><p> And now, in turn, a question of my own- I want to start a developmental territory/ child company to eventually kick off a Cruiserweight Division. Is there a way to set it so the owner (whoever it is) can hire whoever he wants with some guidelines? Would the product settings influence that? (Probably, but I want to check.) Or should I just set it as developmental at the start and make all the initial hires and make sure to set the belts at Maximum Weight Class- Lightweight?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hazemore" data-cite="Hazemore" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>what is the difference between PPV, subscription, commercial and any other networks? and which should I choose?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As was said above, it depends on your aims and current position. Free to air will gain you the most popularity but make no money. PPV will make the most money but only if you’re already popular enough for people to buy it, and your popularity won’t rise much if at all from being on PPV. Commercial and subscription are kind of in the middle and I believe subscription makes slightly more money and commercial slightly more popularity, but obviously you also need to factor in the size of the broadcasters available.</p>

I want to start a developmental territory/ child company to eventually kick off a Cruiserweight Division. Is there a way to set it so the owner (whoever it is) can hire whoever he wants with some guidelines? Would the product settings influence that? (Probably, but I want to check.) Or should I just set it as developmental at the start and make all the initial hires and make sure to set the belts at Maximum Weight Class- Lightweight?

After creating the territory go into the editor and adjust the company hiring guidelines.

I assume you want to limit hirings to people with the cruiserweight, japanese junior, or spot monkey styles? Also I'd add maximum size lightweight.

Your owner/booker more effect the workers who get pushed and brought in. In the sense of young guys, guys with star quality, guys with a good look etc...

The previous figurehead will be pissed and overall, you would've just wasted a ton of time and energy.

Not always true! I had Frehley pinging negative morale over and over again for "the pressure of being figurehead" and being either neutral or happy (can't remember which, it was awhile ago) when I removed him.

After creating the territory go into the editor and adjust the company hiring guidelines.

I assume you want to limit hirings to people with the cruiserweight, japanese junior, or spot monkey styles? Also I'd add maximum size lightweight.

Your owner/booker more effect the workers who get pushed and brought in. In the sense of young guys, guys with star quality, guys with a good look etc...

Thanks, I'll probably just go with the maximum size, because I like a little room for surprises in my Cruiserweight Divisions and similar groupings. Most guys are going to be high fliers or very sound technical guys, but every now and then a brawler or some other kind of guy shows up. "He has a very unorthodox style compared to the rest of the division, and one has to wonder if the champ can adapt quickly enough to this new challenger!"

No problem. Question from me. What's the order of levels for match feedback?

This is regards to the notes of sensational wrestling, good wrestling, great wrestling.... As well as the notes for heat; exceptional, fantastic, etc.

Is there a list of ranking the feedback in order from best to worse? Not sure what's best between sensational, fantastic, and exceptional.

I searched the thread and could not find an answer for this one. Can each brand have it's own season finale? I have three different brands running separate events. I'm just wondering if I could have each one have their own finale instead of having to try to run one giant show. Thanks!